LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Northshorecare MegaMax

I was just checking out  Northshores site and they have a  new MegaMax diaper coming out soon.  Not a whole lot of info in the description,  other than re-fastonable tapes. I wonder if it will be even thicker and more absorbent than their Supreme??? Price will be a little higher than the Supreme,  comparable to the Better Dry. 

Reading this on the site makes me think they might be comparable with the Dry 24/7s, ABU Peekabus or Rearz Incontrol+Inspire.  If so, they just might be another go-to everyday diaper for me. 

https://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/fitteds1/northshore-megamax-briefs.html

Description:

With a near limitless absorbency and quick wicking core, NorthShore MegaMax Briefs are the total package when it comes to protection. Starting on the inside, the extra-wide and extra-long absorbent core compares to other diapers with a 6500ml capacity- that's almost 2 gallons of liquid! The extra-large core also provides excellent coverage in the front and rear even for side sleepers. Tall stand-up leak guards, leg cuffs, and waistband elastics protect against leaks from the leg openings as well as around the waist.

13 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Reading this on the site makes me think they might be comparable with the Dry 24/7s, ABU Peekabus or Rearz Incontrol+Inspire.  If so, they just might be another go-to everyday diaper for me. 

https://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/fitteds1/northshore-megamax-briefs.html

Description:

With a near limitless absorbency and quick wicking core, NorthShore MegaMax Briefs are the total package when it comes to protection. Starting on the inside, the extra-wide and extra-long absorbent core compares to other diapers with a 6500ml capacity- that's almost 2 gallons of liquid! The extra-large core also provides excellent coverage in the front and rear even for side sleepers. Tall stand-up leak guards, leg cuffs, and waistband elastics protect against leaks from the leg openings as well as around the waist.

I didn't click on the description,  only read the basic product description.  Under product details,  it lists the MegaMax large at 48 oz absorbency.  The Supreme large is listed at 40 oz of fluid, a realistic amount that is probably below what they actually hold, at least in my experience.  So that's  20% more absorbency,  quite a bit. 

I'm curious if they added more SAP or more pulp or both. I definitely want to try these new diapers. 

20 hours ago, nspchevy61 said:

I can't wait for these to come out.  6500ml capacity?? That's crazy!  Hoping there nice and thick!  They will be plastic backed, have a landing zone, and elastic waistbands!  Sounds perfect!

I'm looking forward to trying these. Hopefully they'll be another super absorbent option for going a long time between changes.  Holidays and everything are coming up soon, very busy times. 

Weird.  In the description, they claim 6500 mL absorbency, but in the chart it's between 36-48 ounces.  There's a chasm of difference between 42 ounces (M) and 220 ounces (roughly 6500 mL) 

image.png.1daa2bb1ccc01f1e695640e84817274a.png

8 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

Weird.  In the description, they claim 6500 mL absorbency, but in the chart it's between 36-48 ounces.  There's a chasm of difference between 42 ounces (M) and 220 ounces (roughly 6500 mL) 

6500ml is the ISO theroetical max capacity under the ISO standard. 36 to 48 oz. absorbency is the NorthShore test for absorbency before leakage. This will be clarified on the site before they start selling to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

Adam, do you know if the padding will be even thicker than the Supreme or just have more SAP in it? Will be the same basic pad or a totally new design?

11 hours ago, NorthShoreAdam said:

6500ml is the ISO theroetical max capacity under the ISO standard. 36 to 48 oz. absorbency is the NorthShore test for absorbency before leakage. This will be clarified on the site before they start selling to avoid confusion.

Sounds like your pulp-to-SAP ratio is too low.  That's the rubber meeting the road in terms of wicking ability.

5 hours ago, Spanky said:

Adam, do you know if the padding will be even thicker than the Supreme or just have more SAP in it? Will be the same basic pad or a totally new design?

It's a different design completely. The MegaMax core is a little larger and thicker, but not quite as dense as Supreme.

3 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

Sounds like your pulp-to-SAP ratio is too low.  That's the rubber meeting the road in terms of wicking ability.

So far the pulp-to-SAP ratio seems real good. These things absorb and wick really great without the massive swell of others. You may find we're being super conservative with the absorbency ratings and in certain situations they will just keep being super thirsty. Let us know your thoughts when you're able to give them a try. Thx!

I do think that you are a little conservative with the absorbency of the Supremes, at least in my experience.  It's better to be conservative and have the customer find out that it holds more than you claim then the other way around.

No diaper is going to live up to those ISO tests. Even 40 oz. of fluid in the Supreme is a lot of fluid when you think about it.  That's  1 1/4 quarts.

37 minutes ago, Spanky said:

I do think that you are a little conservative with the absorbency of the Supremes, at least in my experience.  It's better to be conservative and have the customer find out that it holds more than you claim then the other way around.

No diaper is going to live up to those ISO tests. Even 40 oz. of fluid in the Supreme is a lot of fluid when you think about it.  That's  1 1/4 quarts.

Fair point.  That's where I got burned by the Chinese when I attempted the PetiteAB diapers.  Their ISO tests demonstrated 3000mL (on an adult S) but the real-world wicking ability was pathetic; I couldn't get it to take 32 ounces. 

14 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

Fair point.  That's where I got burned by the Chinese when I attempted the PetiteAB diapers.  Their ISO tests demonstrated 3000mL (on an adult S) but the real-world wicking ability was pathetic; I couldn't get it to take 32 ounces. 

Think about a diaper rated at 6,000 ml, that's three 2 liter bottles of soda pop. Could you imagine what that diaper would be like with that much fluid in it?? 

Crinklz are supposed to be 4,000 ml I think.  I got one to take over 60 oz, standing up, doing things around the house,  before it leaked. That's a half gallon,  but no where near the 4,000 oz. That would be two bottles of soda pop. 

These are hands-down the best briefs I have ever tried. The fit was great, form-fitting with no sagging, and the wide tapes create a seamless side seal, which helps us side-sleepers a lot! The absorbency is incredible. I am not a “wet till it leaks” user, but these were more than enough to keep my dry overnight and through my morning routine (about 12 hours.) I like they are firm, but not super thick. The firmness helping to create a natural “cup” contain wetness while it absorbs.

• Like 2

My big question is what about the overall length of the diaper? Is it longer than the NorthShore Supreme?

I thought the Supremes and Supreme Lites could have been excellent diapers for me except for the fact that they were far too short. Hip-hugger short on me. I could never get a decent fit because of that.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:38 AM, MegaChar said:

The pricing is what im looking at. Very fair for the price. The Safaris were originally that price before going x2 on everything price wise.

We're not planning to raise prices after launch on MegaMax unless USA adds tariffs to Chinese made diapers. So far diapers have escaped the tariffs.

2 hours ago, dyperbole said:

Wetness indicator?  (hope not, but I'll live if it does)

No wetness indicator on MegaMax.

• Thanks 1
On 10/21/2018 at 3:06 PM, WBDaddy said:

220 ounces is the max capacity under testing conditions. 48oz is what I assume, they are expected to hold for anybody under any conditions (even side sleepers). I guess in most real world situations it would fall somewhere inbetween both numbers. (Probably about 110oz is a safe guess/ about half of the test rating).

MegaMax compared to NS Supreme:

-- MegaMax absorbs at least 25% more than Supreme

-- MegaMax not as stiff/dense as Supreme

-- MegaMax sizing runs bigger in Small and Medium than Supreme...about the same in Large

-- MegaMax has frontal landing zone...Supreme has second chance tapes

-- MegaMax has elastic in both front & rear waistband...Supreme only in rear

-- MegaMax has supersized tapes

-- Supreme is still the champ at wicking from front to back.

-- MegaMax is more expensive at $2/ea. for case.

-- MegaMax does not have any wetness indicators since it still absorbs so well even after a couple wettings.

• Like 1