LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Got a furbaby under tragic circumstances

I found a friend dead in his apartment yesterday, Had to have been gone for a week, It was not a pretty sight :(

I offered to the police officers to take care of the cat until family could be contacted.

So far it looks like I will be this cats father as the only family is from out of state.

BYjL5nG.jpg

edit add on:

His name is Spot, I know, thats a dogs name, But I have no intention on trying to change it, His late human named him after the cat that Data had in Star Trek. He is around 2 years old, Looking into neutering and whatever shots he may need as he never had them.

• Like 2

Sorry about your friend, and having to come to find him in such a state. Nice of you to step up to be a friend to Spot. I think it’s a fine, whimsical name. And don’t forget, the cat has a name he reveals to no one anyway. 

• Like 2

Thank you for taking him in.  My wife and I are big animal lovers and we have taken in 5 stray cats.  We love them all and wish we could take more.  The poor guy may be suffering some stress after losing his owner and the related events.  You are a good person opening your home to him.  

So many animals are put down under these circumstances, I find is so sad.  They experience loss like we do and then to find yourself homeless or worse can be a fitting end for such loving creatures.

thank you

Joey

• Like 1
18 hours ago, barnburner said:

I found a friend dead in his apartment yesterday, Had to have been gone for a week, It was not a pretty sight :(

I offered to the police officers to take care of the cat until family could be contacted.

So far it looks like I will be this cats father as the only family is from out of state.

BYjL5nG.jpg

edit add on:

His name is Spot, I know, thats a dogs name, But I have no intention on trying to change it, His late human named him after the cat that Data had in Star Trek. He is around 2 years old, Looking into neutering and whatever shots he may need as he never had them.

I lost my orange cat yesterday after some dogs attacked him. I’m glad you are stepping up to help Spot.

It really is great that the OP took the cat in, I have always loved animals and always had cats and dogs (plus various other animals at times) in the house, the most cats we have ever had was 5 at one point, some have been strays and we currently have 1 stray cat that is Orange and White, ever since my 1st Orange and White cat (which I had from when I was a young kid up to when I was a young adult) I just love that color combination.

We have 4 cats and 2 dogs right now and i simply love every one of them and try to give them attention and talk to them and pet them a lot, animals like cats and dogs are just so great with lots of love to give to their owners and I hate it when bad things happen to good animals, but you cant save them all; you just gotta do a little and take pride in knowing you are helping with the situation animals are faced in, even if it is only a little.

Hopefully someone from your friends family can take the cat soon and I hope the cat isn't too traumatized from their owner dying.

13 hours ago, dlsafrica said:

I don't remember anything about a cat in Star Trek, but that's a nice gesture. Gosh -- the cat must have been hungry if alone for so long.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Spot

He had one of those feeder drop bowls which I hope he ate from, and I think he was drinking out of the toilet because he didnt seem off if thats something for a cat to be from dehydrated.

Well, I'm glad you were a good enough friend to check on him/her, and more so for taking in the cat. Sorry for your loss, but I'm sure your friend would have appreciated you taking care of the cat.

• 1 month later...

we unfortunately ended up in the same position, my former stepfather, who had a thing for little girls, in the 2 years we have been gone from him(after he ran us out threatening to kill us) ended up getting lung cancer and died(i think it was a punishment from God for what he did, he got a sampling of almost all the things he put us through before the cancer took him), it was 5 or 6 days before anyone knew he died, his door was wide open, his ac was on but still he had decomposition, someone had to take his damn cats(the ones that lived, he had 3 but the oldest one i guess died), his kids decided we should "inherit them" even though we dont want them, well, one took up with the uncle up the hill, till he got stuck in his van, somehow found his way into his church, and later got caught and taken to the boat dock, cant say i care, i like cats but he (the cat) was a bit mean and played too rough), the other took up with the asshole neighbors, who keeps him fat and happy, eh, if they want him, they can have him.