LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Brewing beer

• 2 weeks later...

Long ago I helped a friend homerbrew. Ales and meads were easy, consistent, and fairly potent. Lagers didn't come out so well nor did the one batch of Root Beer we tried. Get the freshest ingredients you can, that makes a big difference in taste. Scrupulous cleaning is very important too. The "barrel" type fermentation locks are better than the "S" type, and get a good capper. The kit he bought had a 'hammer' type capper which resulted in a few lost bottles and it was a PITA to use. We got a lever capper- much better! A bottle washer that fits on the sink faucet is another worthwhile investment. Not counting our time the costs were about 1/4 of what similar ales cost in the stores, mostly because we bought ingredients locally and that cost twice as much but was always fresh and quality and available instead of might be fresh and might be delivered who knows when. We did get a bottle explosion during aging now and then, If you can find them the wooden crates with individual sections for each bottle keep the damage limited to one bottle and an old blanket or rug on the floor under the aging shelf is a good idea. Aging is critical for taste and if you drank like we did it was tough to stay ahead of the curve without about twice the bottles you think you'll need.

If I were still drinking I'd be homebrewing today- the savings are huge and you can make ales nearly as good as what you can buy. Watch you legalities as laws regulating this vary and sharing may be restricted- we had to call shared beers "taste testing" which was legal while giving homebrewed beer away wasn't. There was also a limit on how much could be transported but we rarely did any of that because it disturbed the sediment. It was never a chore making a batch since you knew the rewards for the effort would be so good :beer:

Bettypooh

i love homebrewing! my friends and i are nearing the end of building a new electric brew rig! it's been a bit of a pipe dream for a few years now after freezing and sweating off various much loved parts of our anatomies during various brew sessions through out the seasons. soon after a nearly 3 or 4 year hiatus from brewing we'll be back in action on a new indoor electric rig!! 

funny thing is, homebrewing can snowball into something much much bigger than just making quality beer with friends. biggest example, you need a quality dispensing set up to enjoy your beer. bottles are great, but we all know beer tastes better on tap. and now since you have quality beer on a quality tap system, now you need a quality bar/man cave/lounge to enjoy your quality beer with your (hopefully) friends that helped you brew the beer in the first place!! :beer: