LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do catherers hurt?

I’ve never had one, don’t want one! But, from what I gather, it sounds like it would depend on, 1, you yourself. How good you are, with pain threshold. And 2, how good the person inserting it is. Have they been well trained, have they done lots of them, do they have a light approach? 

It’s like asking, if an injection hurts. For some people, it’s no thing. You get someone who knows how to do it well, knows what they are doing, and no problem. But, sometimes you get that person, who can’t boil water, and... ! :wtf2:

• Like 1

I catheterize myself 5X's per day on doctor's ordersy Urologist prescribes both my diapers & catheters.

Catheters are little more than straws however a months supply is $1900 ,my insurance pays for them but it's sticker shock.

They are uncomfortable and unnatural when you start,but I would not say it's painfull(unless some freak tries to use 26 Fr,then you kill them in self defense).
After 9 years of self cathing I hardly notice,even when my Uro scopes me ,I can hold a conversation without missing a beat unless the doc is hogging the screen,I like to see in places you ordinarily don't get to

Sent from my Z3001S using Tapatalk

First time hurts, especially if there is not enough sterile lube. The urethra quickly looses sensitivity and after a few, insertion is no problem. I use them as a life style choice. For me, smaller sizes are more comfortable....like 100% comfortable.

Forget the lube,the stuff looks like rubber cement compared to the hydrophilic ,I started with the whole Rob nelll use it boil it for next use,and surgilube! We have come a long way from there.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:30 PM, Amyuser said:

Forget the lube,the stuff looks like rubber cement compared to the hydrophilic ,I started with the whole Rob nelll use it boil it for next use,and surgilube! We have come a long way from there.

Oh geez. After the rubber cement remark, my mind read surgilube into superglue. ?

On 10/8/2018 at 4:18 PM, Firefly 35 said:

I've heard that for males, having a catherer inserted is extremely painful, so is this true?  

The correct answer is: 
Yes!

No.

Maybe?

Like many things in life there is no easy answer.  I can insert a normal sized catheter in myself with no issue.  When I was in the hospital many years ago I'd say half the nurses caused a bit of pain during catheterization and some did not.  Not surprisingly the few male nurses were the best, they always went slower and more carefully.  

At the end of the day it's like going for a long run, or working out your quads at the gym.  Does it hurt?  Only for a few seconds, and it's worth it.  Just play safe and if it hurts too much or there is too much resistance then don't push it.  

On 10/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, Amyuser said:

I catheterize myself 5X's per day on doctor's ordersy Urologist prescribes both my diapers & catheters.

Catheters are little more than straws however a months supply is $1900 ,my insurance pays for them but it's sticker shock.

They are uncomfortable and unnatural when you start,but I would not say it's painfull(unless some freak tries to use 26 Fr,then you kill them in self defense).
After 9 years of self cathing I hardly notice,even when my Uro scopes me ,I can hold a conversation without missing a beat unless the doc is hogging the screen,I like to see in places you ordinarily don't get to

Where are you buying your catheters from?!?   5 x 30 = 150.  I can buy 100 single use cath's for $80 (and that's in Canada, real money it would be like $50).  Even if you went through two hundred a month that's still less than 10% of what you are paying.  Are you buying solid silver catheters or something?

In my experience (I'm 68 & have been a urology patient since I was 52) it SERIOUSLY hurts when the person poking it in--is in too big a hurry. I don't know what "normal" size may really be, but I've worn a 20Fr Silicone for 2 weeks of a road-trip VERY comfortably. More to tell, but it's late. TRY telling your care-provider to go in a bit more slowly. Best regards, all.

I was in the hospital after back surgery. Anyway I couldn't pee for some reason and was forced to have a catheter. I hated it. It is SO uncomfortable. I honestly would prefer wearing a diaper over a catheter and not because of my preferences either. I asked for alternatives and they said if I hadn't peed by the end of the next day they would give me something to force it. I presume but don't know for sure that a diaper would have followed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I had a period, about a two-three month long, when I had to wear a foley one due to unexplained bladder spasm, that resulted in severe retention.
The very first time it did hurt quite a lot, even though it was put in while I was unconscious, but they changed it as soon as I told about the pain and, while very uncomfortable, it wasn't nearly as bad.
But they might have been using some anaesthetics when getting the old ones out, and I'm 100% sure they anesthetized it there when installing the new ones...

It seems as if catheters have a bad press. I have been experimenting with them for many years. Now at the age of 74, I chose to use them almost 24/7. Never been able to sleep so well; no getting up in the night. Great when out and about too. No need to worry about finding a loo. I certainly wouldn't use them if there was any discomfort.