LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why do you write?

I realised the other day that there has to be a specific set of circumstances for me to write, I dont write much, but have had 3 periods of writing over the past 10 or so years. Firstly when I was working overseas with a girl friend at home, then when I was on an extended holiday visiting parents overseas, again with a girlfriend at home..... my latest stint of writing took place a few weeks ago when I was talking to someone and exploring whether we would work out together (ulitmately decided that now wasnt a god time for that...)

So in essence, I seem to want to write when I have someone (specific) to write for, but cant explore things physically with them. Interestingly, it seems that I'm more able to express thigns when I have time and space to write stories, than I might do in person, and certainly physically as well....

I'm not really sure that answers the question of why I write, so much as when I write..... But I'm curious as to why others write as well!

I write is because it makes me happy and it's something that I quite enjoy, I mostly love , letting my imagination run wild, escaping and creating worlds that's my own. But I don't always write AB stuff as when I'm not writing AB stuff I mostly love to Fic write, There are times when I'm just not in the mood to write. Sometimes when I write. I tend to jot down little scenes, bits of Dialogue etc  

Newbie answer. 

I have only written one story, but I wrote it because:

o I was thinking about it constantly in fantasy and I wanted to "get it out" of my head

o I have had a couple of people in chat ask me questions about how I view my AB side and have had trouble expressing myself. I sort of hoped I could point and say "like that".

I write because sometimes I have these wild ideas that takeover my every waking moment. When I put them on the page, that releases them from my waking mind. Sometimes I still wake up with an idea to add to a story but mostly the demon is released once I put it down in print.

It sounds shallow, but I write because I want people to like me. I was never the popular girl and had barely any friends growing up because of the neighborhood we lived in, so I spent a lot of my time daydreaming and making up stories and scenarios where I was cool and popular.

When I write I use parts of myself to give the people in my stories life, sometimes that manifests in ways that hurt and make me feel like I'm not really worth people's time and attention, but then someone will comment positively and I'll get embarrassed because they liked what I wrote and I don't have a lot of past experience with positive and supportive words directed towards me or something I've done.

I write because for the time that I'm writing I'm not thinking about all the problems in my life or the feelings I have about myself, I'm focused solely on this fake person that has traits like me but isn't me, so I can help them or hurt them depending on the character and people will react to that and connect with me.

It's pretty messed up actually...

• Like 1

I'd say emotional expression. Writing was? is? A way for me to just get stuff out there. Feeling and headspace stuff is difficult for me to process.

With a high school honor certificate in English, writing has always become natural for me. My original plans were to become a successful freelance writer so I could adopt a baby girl and be a stay-at-home father. Long story short, that didn't work out. Without good writing credentials (a college degree in something literary) there is no chance to get an agent to look at my work. I've published with some small presses, but the sales weren't enough to raise a family. When I did look into adopting, the first thing I was told was that I didn't earn enough money to raise a child. And second, the cutoff age for adopting an infant is age 42. (I was older than that at the time). So now I write for pleasure and hope my readers enjoy what I've written. I found more success selling ABDL books--fiction and non-fiction--than I ever did with my mainstream novels, although Hallmark Hall of Fame television did show an interest in one of my novels. And again, they couldn't make a deal with me because I didn't have an agent representing me.

• 2 months later...
On 10/10/2018 at 7:33 PM, BoTox said:

I write because sometimes I have these wild ideas that takeover my every waking moment. When I put them on the page, that releases them from my waking mind. Sometimes I still wake up with an idea to add to a story but mostly the demon is released once I put it down in print.

That happens to me sometimes as there are times that I wake up during the night as there are a few ideas floating about my head that I need to jot down which is why I keep a note pad, pencil and a light by my bed within reach. Ideas also sometimes take over my waking moment as well like when I'm watching or listening to something

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I write exclusively AB/DL stories and currently exclusively post them here on DD for free.

The main reason I write these stories is for myself. I found myself constantly looking for AB/DL stories that involve very specific forced-regression scenarios and after a certain point it felt like I had hit a wall. Like the search engines I was using wouldn't give me anything new, everything was stuff I'd already read, which is fine, but reading the same thing over and over gets stale. I would get specific ideas in my head and instead of hoping someone would eventually get to writing it, I decided to do it.

Now I have 4 stories on the site, 2 currently in progress and 2 that have since been postponed with an intention to be rewritten entirely.

I write because I want to contribute to the community I like with the types of stories I like.

My chapters aren't long and I'm fully aware of that, usually I consider a chapter 8,000 Characters or more, not words but characters. Because of this my chapters are short and I don't write very frequently, sometimes a few months pass before I write a new chapter, but it's something I like doing when I like doing it and I intend to continue doing it so long as I continue to enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

In school the writing assignments you get are generally nonfiction but every once in a while we got an assignment to write fiction with loose context. I soon realized that I enjoyed letting my imagination run wild and then trying to depict the products of it with my words. I didn't do too bad either for a kid. I've never been great at being witty and funny face to face. I takes a moment before jokes pop in my mind which is why I'm funnier person online and on paper, so to say. When the class erupted in laughter as the teacher read one of my stories aloud, it felt magical.

I didn't properly get into writing in my free time until upper secondary school. We had an assignment in Finnish class to write a short story with a flashback. Your typical 17-year-old student would have hastily put something together to consider the assignment complete, since it didn't affect your grade. Not me. I ended up diving deep into it. Well, the next day the teacher ended up picking me to read my story aloud. It could have had something to do with how my eyes went nervously back and forth between my laptop's screen and the teacher, wanting to give it a shot but not having the courage to raise my hand and jump in front of the bus.

Long story, or should I say short story short, at the end of it the teacher was in tears. She complimented how I had done well describing the surroundings and ambiance but to me the most remarkable was that a piece I wrote and read aloud could touch another person that deeply.

Here I am, one bad mainstream short story and one in the works story on this website later. To answer your question, I write to entertain and to touch, because when I see I succeeded in that, I get a rush of dopamine. Perhaps it's deep down just me seeking validation and meaning to my life, but I suppose if someone even remotely enjoys the products of that, the end justifies the means.

• Like 1

When my head starts running i take notes.... When my notes look like something I  didn't wipe my backside with, i take a  stab at it.  Sometimes it's my emotional side, or what I see going on in the world, as was the case with "Wrong is Wrong". Sadly, I lost my intrigue for a long time. 

I've never really written about an AB/DL fantasy, because I doubt it would be anything other than garbage.