LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stepping down as "Greeter" of DailyDiapers

So since about the beginning of the year I've been taking it upon myself to be DD's "Unofficial Greeter." I'd check the home page several times a day to see who the newest member was and send them a welcoming message. I've met many good people that way. One of them even asked me to be her Daddy! Which I gladly accepted. ?

But lately I just don't have the time for it anymore. Life goes on and so must I. DD got along just fine before I started greeting people amd I'm sure it will continue to do so for years to come.

So it is with a full heart that I hang up my Greeter's hat and make way for someone new. I guess what I'm trying to say is, does anyone want to take over for me? I can show you how I did it, it only takes a few minutes a day (not including replies) I can guarantee you'll meet some interesting people, make new friends, maybe even find a Little if you're into that? (Though that shouldn't be your prime motivation.)

Thank you all for giving me this great opportunity. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

23 hours ago, Warmwetandcozy said:

I'll be glad to I check the site several times a day anyways so it can't be to much more to do 

Thanks! ?

Basically what I did was have a copy-pasted message that went like this:

Hi there! Welcome to DailyDiapers! We have a great community of people here who all want to be your friend! Well, maybe not specifically you, they haven't been waiting around for you to join like some kind of stalker, but you get the picture. :)

I'm not an admin or anything, just some guy who wants people to feel wanted & welcome. And what's more welcoming than whimsical green text! :D

I would suggest, if you haven't already, that you go to the Newbie Nursery section and introduce yourself. Just start a new thread and say a few things about yourself. What are your interests? How did you get into ABDL & such? It's a great way to meet some like-minded people.

If you ever have any questions or you feel like you need to talk to someone about anything, or if you're just looking for a friend, feel free to shoot me a message. I may not be into the same things as you (or maybe I am) but I promise not to judge you. We all come from different backgrounds, so who am I to judge? :)

So, what brought you to DailyDiapers today?

Of course you'd want to put it in your own words. And unless you're actually willing to make good on the offer in the last paragraph, might not want to say that part. ;)

So how do I send this do i reply to a certain topic use the chat room  or something else do I just greet them in newbie nursery or is there some form of in site messaging service I'm not familiar using I've never used the chat or private message I only know how to start topics and reply to them thank you 

It does get tiresome after awhile

1 hour ago, Warmwetandcozy said:

So how do I send this do i reply to a certain topic use the chat room  or something else do I just greet them in newbie nursery or is there some form of in site messaging service I'm not familiar using I've never used the chat or private message I only know how to start topics and reply to them thank you 

You would have to send a private message since most of the time new members haven't posted anything (because they're new!)

On the Home page there will be a section showing the newest member. Go to their profile and click the little mail icon to compose a personal message to them.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:11 PM, Warmwetandcozy said:

Aren't we supposed to ask in chat or some open forum before sending private messages or is this an exception 

The "Ask First" rule only applies in the Chatroom; you're free to send a PM to any member here otherwise.

Many thanks to Wannatripbaby for making our new members feel welcome. Waaaay back when I did that myself, but even with with the fewer new sign-ups back then it was impossible to keep up. It would almost be a full-time job to do that now!

Bettypooh

17 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

It was very nice of you to spend time and emotional effort to make others feel welcome. :) 

Thank you! ♡

2 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Many thanks to Wannatripbaby for making our new members feel welcome. Waaaay back when I did that myself, but even with with the fewer new sign-ups back then it was impossible to keep up. It would almost be a full-time job to do that now!

Yeah, back before I got too busy to keep up with it, I was probably sending out 12 greetings a day. Most of those would go unanswered. Some would respond "thanks for the kind message!" And sometimes I'd meet someone very special. :wub:

But at this rate, if I did continue, I'd probably have 10 Littles calling me Daddy by the end of the year. I don't even have the time/energy to keep up with all my friends anymore. So I need to stop trying to expand my social circle, if you catch my drift.

35 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

I have always tried to make an effort to welcome new people here.

You do a great job, Ababebill.  Lots of humor and gentle vibes.  I've always considered you the *official greeter.*

• Like 1
12 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I have always tried to make an effort to welcome new people here.

Yeah, I know. And I'm very grateful for that. :) but to my knowledge you generally welcome people after they've gone to the Newbie Nursery. A lot of people are either too shy or simply don't know to go there. That's where I came in.

But again, I'm glad we have you around, Bill. ♡