LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thinking about posting stories on other sites

I'm thinking about posting stories such as Elisabeth's Adult baby boy on other sites. Apart from Fetlife as I've already posted stories such as Teenage baby which is another one of my old stories, Toddling back in time to second babyhood and Elisabeth's Adult baby boy on there. Are there any other sites that anyone can suggest

2 hours ago, sonofninasayers said:

I'm thinking about posting stories such as Elisabeth's Adult baby boy on other sites. Apart from Fetlife as I've already posted stories such as Teenage baby which is another one of my old stories, Toddling back in time to second babyhood and Elisabeth's Adult baby boy on there. Are there any other sites that anyone can suggest

Well there's this one

https://abdlstoryforum.info/

Also you could publish stuff on Amazon Kindle

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/

Personally I wish more “ABDL” authors would publish on Kindle, I find E-books easier to read myself than long stories published on a forum

Be warned: Amazon does have rules about non-con and family relations. Even if it has no sex in the story, if your ABDL story features their family in it, they consider that incest and will ban you.

Edit: I also think that messing will get you into trouble, and possibly wetting. I'm not 100% sure about that last one, but I have a feeling it would.
Smashwords and Excitica don't have those restrictions, as far as I'm aware, but research that first before uploading anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Also noteworthy - ABDL Story Forum's rules about feedback are far, far less restrictive than this site.  You will get honest and mostly unfiltered critique from some highly skilled writers over there.  To me, this is one of the upsides, because I'm always striving to improve my skills.  For some, it's a decided negative.

• Like 3

Archive of our own is great. I posted a couple of my stories there - it's mostly fanfic, but they do allow original works. (I'm Acemindbreaker on there.) But it is a pretty involved process to get an account - you have to request it and be on a waiting list, and my spam filter grabbed the invitation email so I almost missed it. There are absolutely no rules about the type of content allowed - you can write anything and as long as you tag it clearly, you're fine.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:45 AM, WBDaddy said:

Also noteworthy - ABDL Story Forum's rules about feedback are far, far less restrictive than this site.  You will get honest and mostly unfiltered critique from some highly skilled writers over there.  To me, this is one of the upsides, because I'm always striving to improve my skills.  For some, it's a decided negative.

Quoted for truth and emphasis.  That said theres also posting on wattpad.

On 10/15/2018 at 11:45 AM, WBDaddy said:

1 hour ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Quoted for truth and emphasis.  That said theres also posting on wattpad.

You know... I don't really remember what I said in the original thread about criticism but I'm going to risk contradicting myself and giving a (potentially different) opinion.

Criticism is fine. Criticism when asked for isn't an issue at all. There are no commenting guidelines on stories aside from the ones that apply to the whole website. If there once were there aren't now, I certainly can't see a thread for it any more so I'll say it again...

Constructive criticism isn't an issue!

Since I seem to be the admin who uses this area the most and was allowed to restructure it into it's current form I'll say that criticism is perfectly acceptable. I think the trouble that arose over the problem last time wasn't helpful and I blame myself for that. I took a side that I now feel was wrong thanks to events since then.

What people should remember though is that not everyone is trying to write a great novel, not everyone is going to have great grammar and spelling, not everyone is doing anything more than putting a fantasy out there and not everyone is going to want or appreciate criticism. Basically, let's all try to keep things measured.

In fact I'll write a new post about this to make the position clear.

I didn't mean that as a critique of how things are done here. Every website and forum is different and does their own thing. Your playground your rules etc.   Which is why I emphasized what WB said. The abdlstoryforum is geared towards writers who do like feedback and critiques. It always has been- there's even a notice\ warning that posted stories will be critiqued.  As you said Elfy, not everyone wants critiques. Some people even get upset over them.  There have been episodes in the past where new posters ignore the warnings, get critiqued, get upset over said critiques and throw an epic tantrum.  So I echoed WB to let any new posters know that critiques are part and parcel of the abdlstoryforum so they'd know what they were signing up for.  

Not only that, but "constructive" doesn't necessarily have to be part of the equation over there.  People are allowed to be blunt (but not rude) when offering commentary. 

And, Elfy, as much as you the moderator encourage critique here, you and I both know that it's at best a dangerous proposition for a would-be commentator to say anything that could be construed as negative on a story that is popular, lest the pitchfork-and-torch mob string them up, metaphorically speaking.  Hence why I avoid critiquing anyone here anymore. 

Personally, I think it's good to have different spaces with different norms for critique.

Someone who is really insecure about their writing, possibly quite new to writing, needs encouragement more than critique. They need to be able to believe in their writing enough to be motivated to keep practicing, and even mild, constructive criticism could easily backfire and get them feeling discouraged. And contrary to what a lot of people think, you can and will improve in writing if you keep reading and writing even if you don't get any critique. I've noticed improvement in stories written during a time period when no one but me was seeing my stories.

However, sometimes you need constructive criticism. Which I see as falling into two purposes - editing advice, which is really only applicable to that story ("you have a typo here" or "Kim was in the kitchen but somehow she's ended up outside"), and advice you can apply to other stories ("listing measurements like height, bra size, etc, is not a good way to describe characters" or "children don't just say adult-typical sentences with childish mispronunciations, they also use simpler vocabulary and sentence structure"). Editing advice is only useful if you plan on editing this particular story further, while more general writing advice is useful both for editing this story and writing future stories. But you have to be confident enough to take this advice as tips on how to improve instead of reasons you should give up, and the critiquer must give advice that is clear and actionable.

I also think constructive criticism can be really helpful for a different kind of insecure writer - the kind who disbelieves compliments because they feel that people are just being nice. If people are saying "you did this well but you need to improve this", it can feel more genuine than "you are an amazing writer, I love this story".

I completely agree, Elbs.  But you have to understand that, historically speaking, there is a group of readers on this site that will tear apart anyone who suggests the author might have room for improvement with phrases like, "If you don't like it don't read it!" And this, in and of itself, is a function of numerous authors storming off in a dramatic flounce because they received constructive criticism that wasn't quite positive enough for their liking. It's a self-perpetuating cycle - constructive criticism produces dramatic flounces result in readers who are paranoid about dramatic flounces, so they become aggressive towards anyone who offers constructive criticism in fear of a story they like being abandoned rather than completed.  It creates an environment where critique is impossible and intolerable.  Not worth the pain for the would-be critic.