LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Repeat (a very short story)

Les Lea

Repeat

Mummy always comes to tuck me in. She kisses my head and briefly strokes my hair before wishing me “nightie-night”. I feel comfy and safe in my fleecy pyjamas as she pats the blankets around me and tells me to snuggle down and sleep well.

Now I’m in the third grade I’ve usually had a very hectic day so by eight o’clock I am pretty tired. Mum says that growing kids need at least eight hours sleep so my bedtime is eight o’clock on a school night anyway.

My bedroom is nice and warm and I’m surrounded by my stuffed animals, I love all things Disney and especially Winnie the Pooh, so I have all the characters from that film, although Piglet is the one who sleeps with me the most. I sort of identify with him the most, shy and unsure and a little scared but, when I go to sleep and hug him, well, he’s very soft to cuddle.

Once mummy smiles her lovely smile and turns out the light I lay there without a care in the world. I am warm, I have Piglet, my blanket is wrapped tightly around me and I know mummy and daddy love me because she’s just said so.

My mind is empty... but then I start to think.

There are my friends from school running around my head; teachers and grown-ups talking, phones ringing, traffic honking, dogs barking. I try to focus on the little dog, it was small and cute and yapped at the bigger dogs, they in turn become bigger animals; cows, horses, rhinos, elephants.

I remember a scene from a TV programme where a huge elephant, with its big ears flapping and its long tusks threatening runs toward camera. I shiver in terror but that’s not all. The elephant becomes a dinosaur and not the nice purple Barney but the clever, sneaky one in Jurassic Park.

I’m hiding.

I can smell its breath as it creeps nearer and nearer, I hear its sharp teeth ripping into something nearby and then its beady eye is next to mine.

I’m very scared and it’s at this point that I fill my nappy. It is in the few seconds the warmth surrounds me that I escape into sleep.

When I wake up often my nappy is still damp but mum doesn’t like me wandering around the house on my own early in the morning. She tells me to stay in my room and play if I’m awake until she or daddy comes to get me for breakfast. Sometimes I need a wee before they come so I fill my nappy again, then sit and play again surrounded by the warm material.

As I crawl around, playing with my toys my plastic pants crinkle but I’m OK... I’m thinking about what lessons I’ve got when I get to school and wonder if my friends will be there and what games we’ll play.

Mummy comes in and checks my nappy and we go down for breakfast. After she’ll help me out of my jammies, peel down my plastic pants and remove the wet nappy. After a visit to the bathroom she wipes me further and gently smooths in some cream before I’m allowed to dress myself.

It’s all set out for school so I pull on my thick training pants first... mum likes the pale blue and green design, before I slip on a vest, then jumper and eventually my grey shorts. Socks and shoes are the very last thing I put on before she fastens me in to the back seat of the car and I’m driven to school.

I’m happy. I like school and any thought of nasty, biting dinosaurs has fled my memory as I set about making new memories. I have hours before bed time and so much can happen in that time I can’t wait until I get home and tell mummy and daddy about my exciting day.

When it’s time for bed I get undressed and mummy puts me in my night time protection, pulls my soft jammies over it all and sends me off to brush my teeth. Once I climb into bed she makes a fuss as I’m still telling her about my day, or something I’ve seen on TV or read in a book...

“OK sweetheart,” she says as she tucks me in and kisses my forehead, “sleep now.”

Once mummy smiles her lovely smile and turns out the light I lay there without a care in the world. I am warm, I have Piglet, my blanket is wrapped tightly around me and I know mummy and daddy love me because she’s just said so.

My mind is empty... but then I start to think................

####

Archived