LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ten months

dlsafrica

I'm ten months in (possibly to the day) to sleeping with a pacifier. On the one or two occasions that I forgot about it, I actually regretted it, because the pacifier keeps my airways open while I sleep. There is nothing worse than suffering from oxygen starvation and sleep paralysis... ie your mind is awake and you know you need to breathe, but you can't even move an arm to wake yourself up. This was the main reason why I started sleeping with a pacifier. I have always been okay with the idea of one though. And quite frankly, it's absolute heaven. It teaches one so much -- like the fact that sometimes it's better to just... erm... keep one's mouth shut and not say anything.

I sometimes use it during the day as well actually. Sometimes there's nothing more comforting. Besides (refer to my post about what brings one's baby side out), on the odd occasion that I dribble, it almost automatically regresses my mind as I realise that it's something I can't control.

Well, yes it forces certain airways to stay open. I use a pacifier for age 0-6 months. It works fine for me, because previously my biggest problem with pacifiers was that they hurt my teeth. 

That's what always used to bother me with pacifiers -- they bothered my teeth. So I never used them. Then one day I was in the supermarket and I just got the drive to buy a pacifier. I got one for 0-6 months old. It sits neatly in front of my teeth so doesn't affect them at all.

• 1 month later...

Congrats dear , id say if this is what helps you sleep better at night GO for it. I use  an adult   Paci Nuk 5 for my anxiety disorders   , And to sleep better (Severe Sleeping disorders  )  i sleep with a teddy bear and  my Sweet  dollie  and it helps  me  calming down at night utliest .  We al use what we feel works  best  for us    :73_EmoticonsHDcom:      

On 10/16/2018 at 7:11 PM, sweetlilone said:

I'm just curious. Have you noted anything different with the alignment of your teeth? My dentist said they are like braces and can change their position. I haven't noticed anything with night time use, but maybe someone else has. 

You do have to be careful with pacifiers and bottles to make sure they are the right size. I've never heard of people having any problems with using a properly sized pacifier for their mouth, but if they are too small or too large they can cause issues. I'm not a dentist, but there may be one on this site who can tell you how to know if the fit is good.

One thing that is awesome about being ABDL is we don't need to pop tons of pills to deal with sleep problems. I know so many people who take sleep medications that mess with their livers and have harmful side effects, but I'll I need to do to sleep through the night is snuggle with my stuffed orca and/or wear a diaper.

Very true littleTomas. My mommy gets up 2-3 times a night to pee. I have never had to and stay warm and snug in my diaper. Nothing beats waking up in a wet diaper and not knowing when it happens. I would think all littles sleep much better than grownups.  :)

• Like 1