LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Putting your life story to print (gulp)

Hi folks. This is Oddly - the almost perennial lurker. For the last year or so, I began writing about growing up in nappies and all that kind of thing. I have always been 'odd' - hence the name and I found the experience oddly cathartic. Well I finished it a few weeks ago and submitted it for publishing and now that it is out there and other people are reading my story I feel both validated and exposed, but mainly just validated.

I was one of those rare kids who started school still in nappies, unable (or unwilling) to get dry as quick as others. Dredging though my memories has also been eye-opening. Some of my memories clearly had altered some and couldn't have been exactly as I remembered them. Some I also had the wrong age attached to them, so sorting them out chronologically has been fun - and a tad confusing.

In the end, I felt happy that it was out there in print and in some ways, it felt like it was a 'final completion' of that time of my life from 3 to 16 years. They were largely my formative years, back in a time where the term 'adult baby' was unknown and yet the experience of it was not.

As I look back, I see that acceptance of nappies in older kids and teens has only changed slightly for the better. Sure, there are more options out there now than the pinned cloth ones and plastic pants I grew up with, but I don't think the attitude towards them have necessarily improved much - if at all.

I've linked to the book on Amazon and AB DIscovery if any of you care to read. If you comment, please be kind, as it is my life out there! Also, rather obviously, names have been changed to protect the innocent, the guilty and the bedwetting!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYDX38X

https://abdiscovery.com.au/australian-baby-a-life-of-nappies-bottles-and-struggles/

oh yeah... I'm a sissy baby and (finally) proud of it!

• 2 weeks later...

I've bookmarked this to take a look at later.  I did start reading some of it, and it looks interesting.  I really like the fact that you have it available on Kindle Unlimited.  

Interesting story.  I can relate to some aspects of your life, but you certainly took things to the extreme. I was also slow to get out of diapers, was a bed wetter for a long time, and slow to mature emotionally.  I remember that I was still having Gerber’s baby pablum for breakfast when I was 6 years old.  However, I never had any desire to be babied, nurse from bottles, or be a sissy.  You can read my story by clicking on the link in my profile.  Like you, I found it emotionally satisfying to recall, record, and analyze the memories of my childhood. 

I did see one minor typo.  On page 154, you have Dad,s instead of Dad’s.

Your parents were a great deal more tolerant than mine.  I got away with a lot because I was the first kid and for about 3 1/2 years I was an only child.  But I never would have done some of the things you did.