LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long did it take you to get used to pooping in your diapers regularly?

Hi. I've been wearing diapers for about a week now straight. how long does it take for some of you to get used to pooping in your diaper all the time. It's hard for me to get used to. But I'm learning to adjust to it.

Getting used to it doesn't take long but having it happen without thought took me 5 years or so. At first learning how to react in different situations was a big learning curve but each time you do you'll learn what to do. I'm not a binge & purge type of person. At the time I determined that this is what I wanted I've never looked back. I'm already urinary incontinent so being bowel incontinent just seemed to me to be the right thing to do. If you really want it then never give up. Go the moment you get the feeling no matter where or when. Over time you'll find you empty out several times per 24 hour day. It'll become second nature for you. If I may ask, for this last week have you used only your diaper to go?

Get used to it.  Ah it happens to me from time to time.  At this time I do not like it as sometimes I am not diapered and well I make a mess but when I go full time I will not mind it one bit and I will be used to it right away.

That is what diapers are for both #1 and #2 

On 10/3/2018 at 6:47 AM, incondl said:

Getting used to it doesn't take long but having it happen without thought took me 5 years or so. At first learning how to react in different situations was a big learning curve but each time you do you'll learn what to do. I'm not a binge & purge type of person. At the time I determined that this is what I wanted I've never looked back. I'm already urinary incontinent so being bowel incontinent just seemed to me to be the right thing to do. If you really want it then never give up. Go the moment you get the feeling no matter where or when. Over time you'll find you empty out several times per 24 hour day. It'll become second nature for you. If I may ask, for this last week have you used only your diaper to go?

incondl I so envy you!  I really want to be able to go without noticing it.  I would also like to wake up with a wet and messy diaper.

• Like 1
On 10/4/2018 at 9:40 PM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

incondl I so envy you!  I really want to be able to go without noticing it.  I would also like to wake up with a wet and messy diaper.

As with anything it takes time. You also need to be sure you are committed to this and it’s what you  really want. There seem to be many people out here that have the same level of commitment as I do. That’s nice to know.

When I started making the switch to being toilet-free, the biggest question was how to deal with regularly having a dirty nappy in my rather unpredictable and complex work environment. In private, at home or when alone or just with my partner, I do what incondl says - as soon as I feel the need I just squat and do it there and then without any hesitation or guilt; that's what the nappy is for and what a child would do. But at work or in public, the desire is to take advantage of that freedom as often as possible without any significant risk of being smelly in front of other people. As it turns out, using common-sense and not being too fanatical about using the nappy at every single urge, it's not that difficult.

I developed simple strategies and trusted locations and routes in places where I'm most likely to need privacy to do something smelly. For example, I often do one after lunch, so from each of my most common dining locations, I know where to split from any group I'm with, avoiding any awkwardness or suspicion, to stop off somewhere secluded that is in easy, low-traffic reach of a bathroom if I do feel a need. Otherwise, I'll just carry on to wherever I was going, and deal with it later if required.

That took a few months to master, after which I found it possible to do about 75% of all my BMs in the nappy. If the coast isn't clear or there's too much risk of an encounter, I'll wait if it's not urgent, or do it in the toilet if it is. Messy leaks, skin rashes and other difficulties can be avoided by good hygiene and attention to detail; using decent nappies, changing regularly, washing thoroughly etc.

A few years later, it still hasn't got boring!

After being bowel IC into my Uni years, it took me a long time to get over the mental block of pooping into my nappy again.  That mental block gets less and less each time I do it, and I'm starting to regularly do it now.

This was evidenced by today's poop.  This morning, I''d not thought about whether I had any indicators that I'd have to do a poo (my BM's are really irregular).  I had my sister and her hubby over this weekend, and this afternoon my sis was talking to me about stuff, when I got an urge to do a BM.  I didn't want to do it in front of her, so I held it, just, but it was _really_ painful.  About 20 minutes later, they said their goodbyes, and left for home. 

Ten minutes later, I was wracked by more bowel cramps and stood up from my desk.  As I walked it came out, slowly, but more and more powerfully.  It ended up being the biggest poop I'd ever done in a nappy, the amount which I was a bit shocked by.  It ended up being so easy to do in the end, as I pushed the last of it out and the pain in my tummy was gone too. 

Just before I changed, it had seeped its way up to a few inches below the top of the padding on the front of the Betterdry I was wearing.  Very, very weird sensations. 

As I do let go more and more, it all becomes too easy to not clamp up and try holding it in.  As I'm not holding it in, I'm noticing my constipation disappearing.  Is that a thing?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ozziebee said:

After being bowel IC into my Uni years, it took me a long time to get over the mental block of pooping into my nappy again.  That mental block gets less and less each time I do it, and I'm starting to regularly do it now.

This was evidenced by today's poop.  This morning, I''d not thought about whether I had any indicators that I'd have to do a poo (my BM's are really irregular).  I had my sister and her hubby over this weekend, and this afternoon my sis was talking to me about stuff, when I got an urge to do a BM.  I didn't want to do it in front of her, so I held it, just, but it was _really_ painful.  About 20 minutes later, they said their goodbyes, and left for home. 

Ten minutes later, I was wracked by more bowel cramps and stood up from my desk.  As I walked it came out, slowly, but more and more powerfully.  It ended up being the biggest poop I'd ever done in a nappy, the amount which I was a bit shocked by.  It ended up being so easy to do in the end, as I pushed the last of it out and the pain in my tummy was gone too. 

Just before I changed, it had seeped its way up to a few inches below the top of the padding on the front of the Betterdry I was wearing.  Very, very weird sensations. 

As I do let go more and more, it all becomes too easy to not clamp up and try holding it in.  As I'm not holding it in, I'm noticing my constipation disappearing.  Is that a thing?

About every 4-6 weeks I have a very large movement also. I think it's the body getting rid of all excessive waste. It always seems to be a massive one & I cannot tell it's coming so beware of how often it happens so you'll know when to know about when the next one is due. Over time you'll learn what to expect and how to manage it. Just remember to let go & don't hold back. Before you know it it'll happen all on it's own.

Well this weekend has been interesting.  Out of four nappies worn, I've done a BM in three of them.  I get the pressure sensation, stand up, and it comes out.  I've had no constipation this last week, which is a plus - all my stools have been fairly soft (a 5 or so on the Bristol Stool scale), and they're getting a bit regular too (after I get home from work).  Though Sat morning, I pooed my night nappy (changed soon after), then again in the mid-afternoon into my day nappy. 

I sense control of this part of me is just starting to go too. 

Because of IBS*C and OIC my bowels are in park mode
So I use a medication that doesn't care what my plans are,it's in control once you take it,I don't feel a need to go ,some people will attempt to stifle an urge ,it doesn't end well for those people,I will pass some gas then without notice I test my diapers ability to contain and control,it causes a soft formed stool 4 X's a day that's the polite way of saying I crap like a toddler it goes everywhere in my diaper.
My choice is impaction with crazy amount of strainung laxatives and stool softeners which my doctor says will lead to another stroke or take this stuff and not give my body a vote
The hardest part was getting used to how damn sweet it is . Since I was already IC and diapered adding a few more diapers ain't a big deal
I have elimanated all the effort previously devoted to bowel and bladder care with very little to show for it,by taking 40 grams of this 3X's a day and accepting that's what diapers are for and not getting bent out of shape over using them for everything.
I have always used a barrier cream to protect my skin .my bladder never gave me a choice,now I don't give my bowels a choice
This wouldn't be my first choice in life that my health has Made the decision for me,at first your mind will scream this is wrong ,and I just tell it when you were in charge you didn't do a great job on elimination so now you don't get a vote .quit bitching! I would say it only took me a couple of weeks to adjust to doing it
Gone are the 12 hours a week on bowel care,gone is the cost of all laxatives and suppositories that got very little accomplished,time devoted to the toilet and all the pain of trying to accomplish.something.
It's all about acceptance of new normal if a loaded diaper is that new normal,so be it.i have had to accept worse like paralysis ,wheelchairs not having a job to go too,muscles wasting ,dying ,so a dirty diaper wasn't a stretch.and since there is no warning there is no option of making it to the bathroom for my diaper to catch it well trying to transfer which occasionaly bladder does and my doctor told me just ignore it,don't wreck yourself or the house for a chance to feel bad because there is no amount of warning sufficient to get my harness and belt off ,remove knee bolsters, let alone drop my pants undo onesie plastic pants and diaper

Sent from my Z3001S using Tapatalk

I have been dealing with an OAB for 4 years I am now starting to experience random unexpected bowel movments, at first I was worried now after about 30 or so bowel movments into my diaper I have learned to trust my diaper to do its job and have gotten use to the clean up. I prefer to make it to the bathroom for bowel movments but if my incontinence is changing to dual incontinence at least I have had 4 years of wearing diapers to manage my OAB to prepare for that possibility.

as,others have stated there worse things that can go wrong with you then needing diapers again

It only took one time going poop in my diaper to enjoy doing so. 

So much so I decided I would always poop in my diaper when wearing a diaper. 

Now days I just wear diapers 24/7 and pee and poop whenever I need to and sometimes when I least expect to, but it really don’t matter when it happens just that when it does happen I still enjoy going poop in my diapers  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 3:40 AM, ozziebee said:

Yep, same thing happened to me when I switched to diapers permanently. I let go without noticing anything expect from the warm mush spreading around in my diaper. My constipation was cured as well as my bladder pains. Diapers really did do the trick for me.

It took me awhile.  The first few times I did it to try:  First time I hated it, second time I was on the fence, and third time...wasn't much better.  But I told myself if I was going to wet my diapers, I was going to use them exclusively as my potty.

Something that really helped in the long run was every time I messed my pants, I would bring myself to an orgasm.  Basic D/s training ideas at work using positive reinforcement.  And guess what?  It actually worked.  Now I'll fill my pants without a second thought when the urge arises.  If I feel the urge to go, and it's inconvenient, I try to hold it for later when I know I can enjoy it more.

I am however still bowel/bladder continent.  I choose to keep it that way in the event of binge/purge cycles, or needing to dress nicely for a fancy occasion.

14 hours ago, LittleAmytheil said:

It took me awhile.  The first few times I did it to try:  First time I hated it, second time I was on the fence, and third time...wasn't much better.  But I told myself if I was going to wet my diapers, I was going to use them exclusively as my potty.

Something that really helped in the long run was every time I messed my pants, I would bring myself to an orgasm.  Basic D/s training ideas at work using positive reinforcement.  And guess what?  It actually worked.  Now I'll fill my pants without a second thought when the urge arises.  If I feel the urge to go, and it's inconvenient, I try to hold it for later when I know I can enjoy it more.

I am however still bowel/bladder continent.  I choose to keep it that way in the event of binge/purge cycles, or needing to dress nicely for a fancy occasion.

Way back when I decided to become bowel incontinent I remember those inconvenient times. I slowly taught myself that it was completely inconvenient not to go. Some time after that it just became automatic. These days it just happens.

• 1 month later...

I've been 24/7 for about 3 months having had brief periods of doing so in the past so I became quickly used to having a BM in my diaper and now its at least twice often three times each day but I am very lucky as I work from home and my partner is very supportive

After you have successfully turned the trigger off you’ll find that you feel it happen and the only way to stop it would be to squeeze your but cheeks or sit but by that time it’s already out. There will be no way to fully stop it. You’ve hit your goal by then. After that it’s all about management. Good luck! By the way... after hitting that goal prepare for it to be lifelong. I’ve never tried reversing it but thinking about it I’ve no idea how I would ever be able to reverse it. It’s been over 5 years this way for me now and I have no desire to reverse it. I’ve never had a moment of regret and it seems there are many others out here the same way. 

1 hour ago, DaveeBEd said:

I've been 24/7 for about 3 months having had brief periods of doing so in the past so I became quickly used to having a BM in my diaper and now its at least twice often three times each day but I am very lucky as I work from home and my partner is very supportive

That is so very important as couple, having a partner that is fully supportive your diaper ways. No matter what!

Not long at all since I had the desire for years. Still trying to perfect the cleanup even though I have it down to a science

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I mentioned above I have no problem doing a BM in my diapers. The only issue is that the clean-up can take a frustratingly long time on occasions. I'm wondering how much longer it will take one if I become genuinely incontinent and the issue of trying to clean myself and dispose of a very messy diapers whilst dribbling on the floor. Its a goal Im hoping to achieve but can see it being very tricky at times!