LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Small accidents

Hi all,

So in my ever on-again, off-again relationship with diapers, I've gone through the usual "I want to be 24/7!" to "I don't want to wear at all..." and everywhere in between. A while back, I decided it was time to understand what this really meant to me, so finding myself living alone and mostly working from home, I decided to go 24/7 and see how long it lasted. I wasn't pushing myself, but I wasn't denying myself, either. The goal was just to see what, finally, I really wanted out of this. For context, when I wear, I have a rule that if I am wearing, I don't hold at all. So it's days to weeks at a time of constant "leaking".

A few years ago, I had a small accident at work (not wearing). I felt no urge, I just noticed that I had started to wet and caught myself and stopped, but I had already left a damp spot on my pants. I was at work and left work early. That was the one and only accident for a while. Earlier this year, when I was going 24/7 for a while, I started noticing that when I took a bath, I had to pay unusual attention to not let go. This kind of worried me, as it had only been a few weeks and everything I read was that it took months to years for changes to happen. So I stopped my 24/7 as it scared me enough that I had a long hard think and decided I wouldn't enjoy actually needing diapers.

A couple months ago, not having worn for some time, I was out one evening and again, without any feeling of urge, caught myself having another accident. As before, it was small and thankfully I was wearing a black skirt, so I doubt anyone noticed. After a few months without wearing, I started again last week, not even full time mind you, and I had another small accident yesterday.

So with that background, I wanted to ask others (particularly other women), does this sound familiar? Are these just random events not to worry about, or does this sound like the start of larger issues? I know I could go talk to my doctor, but I'm not keen on explaining the diaper wearing as I can only guess how that will go, and would likely be blamed as the cause regardless. I live a pretty active lifestyle and I decidedly don't want to actually need diapers. On the other hand, I don't want to be scared off of wearing for fear that it will make accidents more common.

Any advice/comments/anecdotes would be much appreciated. :)

c.

I'm not sure what I can add to this.   Like you I don't actually need diapers, but because I work at home I tend to wear most of the time.  As a result when I'm not wearing, I increase my anxiety and definitely I've feared about having accidents.   However the fear isn't completely justified.   Even when I'm padded, I'm pretty sure I could stay dry if I wanted to.  Obviously accidents aren't likely without pading, but I'm aware and it causes anxiety.

I solve this for myself by wearing PullUps in situations where I might be limited in my ability to change.   I'll give you an example.   I'm headed to Nashville for a work conference, and I'm not sure if I'll get my room.  I don't like wearing underwear for flying because of accidents, anxiety, and convenience.   I'll travel in PullUps, and bring enough to last for the 3 days.  I won't use them unless it's necessary (IE- on the plane and unable to get to the bathroom), but I'm definitely going to use the toilet before the flight and act like I'm wearing underpants.   The PullUps are just my security blanket.

I too have urges at times and use pull ups for security.  It sounds like you don't wear any protection, maybe you could try a pad?  If you don't like them, maybe a pull up, whether Depend or Always (highly recommended).  Some drug stores and even grocery stores sometimes have a display with samples with different sizes.  If not, the various web sites might offer samples or you can purchase samples very inexpensively.  

Well - I'm not a women, but I think that matters little in this case. First of all: I don't think that you will become incontinent only from the wearing of diapers. If you do it 24/7 over a really long period and let it go when ever you can it may happen that your bladder shrinks, what may can cause in the end OAB or other problems. How ever, this seems not your problem, because you wrote that there was no urge when you had the accidents. If you have small wet accidents without urge and if you can stop it, then this may be the beginning of a stress incontinence. So my suggestion would be to check with a doc. There is no need to tell him about the diaper story - just tell him the you have accidents from time to time and let him do his diagnostics and see if he/she find something. If you wont to do something on your own first I would suggest you to start Kegel exercises.  

On 10/2/2018 at 10:06 PM, canuckistan.who said:

So in my ever on-again, off-again relationship with diapers, I've gone through the usual "I want to be 24/7!" to "I don't want to wear at all..." and everywhere in between. A while back, I decided it was time to understand what this really meant to me, so finding myself living alone and mostly working from home, I decided to go 24/7 and see how long it lasted. I wasn't pushing myself, but I wasn't denying myself, either. The goal was just to see what, finally, I really wanted out of this. For context, when I wear, I have a rule that if I am wearing, I don't hold at all. So it's days to weeks at a time of constant "leaking".

A few years ago, I had a small accident at work (not wearing). I felt no urge, I just noticed that I had started to wet and caught myself and stopped, but I had already left a damp spot on my pants. I was at work and left work early. That was the one and only accident for a while. Earlier this year, when I was going 24/7 for a while, I started noticing that when I took a bath, I had to pay unusual attention to not let go. This kind of worried me, as it had only been a few weeks and everything I read was that it took months to years for changes to happen. So I stopped my 24/7 as it scared me enough that I had a long hard think and decided I wouldn't enjoy actually needing diapers.

A couple months ago, not having worn for some time, I was out one evening and again, without any feeling of urge, caught myself having another accident. As before, it was small and thankfully I was wearing a black skirt, so I doubt anyone noticed. After a few months without wearing, I started again last week, not even full time mind you, and I had another small accident yesterday.

I think this issue is somewhat different for women than men as I've heard that women have more daytime bladder leakage issues as they age compared to men. Maybe this is an issue for women after childbirth? I don't know but that might help to explain it. For me as a guy there are other medical issues that impact it. I too find it harder to hold and suffer from urge IC and try to manage it without diapers but do wear pullups as a preventive measure if I think I might need them. Otherwise Ive started to go without even realizing it. So I understand the frustrations involved.

I would go to your doctor explain that you have been having the occasional accident he/she doesn’t need to know about the diapers. There could be some underlying problem that’s causing this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, mick_dl said:

Well - I'm not a women, but I think that matters little in this case. First of all: I don't think that you will become incontinent only from the wearing of diapers. If you do it 24/7 over a really long period and let it go when ever you can it may happen that your bladder shrinks, what may can cause in the end OAB or other problems. How ever, this seems not your problem, because you wrote that there was no urge when you had the accidents. If you have small wet accidents without urge and if you can stop it, then this may be the beginning of a stress incontinence. So my suggestion would be to check with a doc. There is no need to tell him about the diaper story - just tell him the you have accidents from time to time and let him do his diagnostics and see if he/she find something. If you wont to do something on your own first I would suggest you to start Kegel exercises.  

I'll look into stress incontinence, thank you.

Also, everything I've read was that wearing takes a super long time before accidents happen, and I don't wear nearly enough. So I assumed it was unrelated, but I wanted to get input from others here who are actually incontinent, and see if what I've experienced sounded familiar at all. It this is nothing to be worried about, great. If it's how bigger problems start, then I'd like to get ahead of it.

Thanks again.

c.

13 hours ago, Newbee said:

I would go to your doctor explain that you have been having the occasional accident he/she doesn’t need to know about the diapers. There could be some underlying problem that’s causing this 

I agree 100%, best to get checked that there is not more than a psychological thing going on, I have small accidents from time to time, but I'm sure it's because I'm wearing, I've been 24/7 for about two years, never had a problem before, but did have a lot of bladder anxiety which nappies have gone a long way to curing,,, 

I sometimes actually avoid the loo, and see how I last, knowing I'm wearing is a great comfort to me, been ok so far but it might be fun to have a small leak in public,,,