LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How many of us are out there?

Spanky

I was just thinking,  with all of the new ABDL diapers and other products out there on the market nowadays,  I  really think that there are more of us than anyone could imagine. 

I've always wondered what % of the population is ABDL? Are we 1 in a  1,000, one in 500, one in 100, or even  higher than that. I've searched a few times,  but never found a number or an estimate.  With as many companies manufacturing new products for us, there must be a lot of us out there. 

This has been discussed before and there are a number of reasons no one knows and no one is likely to ever know.

For one, it depends on what you count as an ABDL. Some people use diapers as part of a wider BDSM thing but wouldn't say they were ABDL, do they count? How about the incontinent people who have grown to quite like wearing? Then, for the other side of the argument, how many ABDLs are hidden? Many are ashamed and hide their feelings or would never act on them out of shame.

We are one of the most popular ABDL websites but we only have 42,000 members. That isn't a lot compared to the population of the world!

I would be surprised if it was even close to 1 in 5000... Maybe closer to 1 in 10,000? Maybe even rarer than that.

I once read (maybe here) that only about 10% of the AB/DL people out there ever even join a website about it.  If this site has 42,000 members and the 10% is true, that means about half a million AB or DL's.  Their has to be some market for all those AB diapers or they wouldn't be selling them and sometimes be out of stock.

est. 1 in a 1000

No joke, also including those who are not quite adults who have a thing for diapers. Adverages out to this number.

How I know: Years and years of research and experiments

• Like 2

My best guess is somewhere between 1 in 3K to 1 in 5K, maybe more. You can't use the internet as a basis for this as it is still mostly English-speaking people of relative affluence. Just something we will never know for certain, but I'm certainly in the group :lol:

Bettypooh

There's definitely millions of us out there. Some refuse to be a part of the Community and buy diaper or just read stories while looking at art anonymously. Then you have those who don't have Internet or are in non English speaking nations. Japan definitely comes to mind.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:36 AM, rusty pins said:

I once read (maybe here) that only about 10% of the AB/DL people out there ever even join a website about it.  If this site has 42,000 members and the 10% is true, that means about half a million AB or DL's.  Their has to be some market for all those AB diapers or they wouldn't be selling them and sometimes be out of stock.

I agree.  If you look on the traffic statistics on Adisc.org, at any given time there's about 50 members online, and about 500 to 800 guests.  So I think being abdl is not very rare, but very closeted.  If the 1 in 1000 that Megachar calculated is based on people who have an account on sites like this, then the actual number might be closer to 1 in 10.

I live in a rural area, my town and surrounding towns probably have 100,000 people if that living in them. Including myself there are roughly 3 to 5 AB/DL's living in my city at the moment, and possibly 2 or 3 living in the towns near by. Assuming all of these people still live here that's about 8 per 100,000 people, which translates to 1 per 12,500 people. This doesn't account for closeted AB/DL people and for possible population changes so I have no way of being 100% accurate. But based of my results from living in a conservative part of rural New Mexico, I am inclined to agree with the estimate of 1 in 1000 people in Western cultures may have some AB/DL tendencies.

There does seem to be a plethora of IC products these days, in UK.  I guess with an aging population it's to be expected to an extent, but there are now many TV adverts for IC products as well,,, 

On 10/1/2018 at 10:31 AM, Elfy said:

I'm curious about this research and experiments.

It goes as simply as looking for other abdls in your city. If the city has a population of 10,000 then there would be around10 abdls living there.

Scouting out from the town of 10,000 i found 9 abdls. The next city I went to had a furry group. The population was 80,000 that ment that at most there would be 80 abdls. I found 43 abdls in the group and assumed the rest of the 1 in a 1000 were too young such as potty train children who rather stay in diapers. Where Im at has a population of 1100 and turns out that im the only abdl living there

Simple answer. Took me about 5 years to come up with that answer.

That's neither research nor experimentation.

I see Firefly suggesting 1 in 10... that would mean 700 million ABDLs in the world... Do you honestly believe that? I can't imagine it is even remotely close to that. This site has been around for closing in on two decades (I think) and, after some small membership pruning there is only 40,000 people here and we are one of the bigger sites. Even factoring in many more people being closeted it wouldn't be close to those numbers.

There will never be a definitive number for the reasons I said before but I think a lot of you are being wildly optimistic with your estimates. If any of your numbers were right the amount of people buying diapers would make these ABDL companies super rich and they aren't that.

14 minutes ago, Elfy said:

That's neither research nor experimentation.

I see Firefly suggesting 1 in 10... that would mean 700 million ABDLs in the world... Do you honestly believe that? I can't imagine it is even remotely close to that. This site has been around for closing in on two decades (I think) and, after some small membership pruning there is only 40,000 people here and we are one of the bigger sites. Even factoring in many more people being closeted it wouldn't be close to those numbers.

There will never be a definitive number for the reasons I said before but I think a lot of you are being wildly optimistic with your estimates. If any of your numbers were right the amount of people buying diapers would make these ABDL companies super rich and they aren't that.

1 in 10 is way wrong. Ive seen the 1 in a 1000 for a population. Again, finding it out its as simple as just looking in all corners and not "leaving a stone unturned"

In my case, the vast number of them seem to be found in furry groups like the one I was in. In this furry group I found 43 abdls, after 3 years of being in the fur group someone blew the whistle that a vast number of the members were abdls. That was when I found out how much furrys dislike abdls. After much arguments and trying to destroy one another, the furry group was no more.

It just allways ends up to 1 in a 1000 in my case. Might not be in your case but it seems like it was on 3 occasions. When your looking up something, that is called "researching"

It honestly would be hard to know how many of us there our because a lot of people are either to embarrassed or ashamed to admit their diaper desires.  Obviously the community thanks to social media is thriving more than ever and clearly with all the ABDL products on the market now business must be booming.  I honestly believe there is a lot more than research would suggest.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, NoIllDL said:

In the U.S. alone, there are 103,428.75 abdls.  The .75 is a woman in Elko, Nevada, who is not sure but is leaning toward it.

103,430.75.  We just had 2 new members join in the past 20 hours.

On 10/7/2018 at 11:12 AM, NoIllDL said:

In the U.S. alone, there are 103,428.75 abdls.  The .75 is a woman in Elko, Nevada, who is not sure but is leaning toward it.

On 10/8/2018 at 7:29 AM, rusty pins said:

Where are you getting these numbers from?

One thing you can not count on in coming up with a number of ABDLs is the sale of ABDL diapers. Many that are IC and have the money tend to find out about ABDL diapers and how much better then other adult diapers they are. If you had the money would you wear depends when you found out about Bambino UltraStretch Diapers.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2018 at 12:29 PM, rusty pins said:

To help keep the figures accurate, when the time comes, please tell Elfy that you have died.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:29 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Where are you getting these numbers from?

In my case, I was being facetious because NoillDL said there were 103,428.75 abdls and I saw that morning 2 new members in the Newby Nursery.  Get it?

On 10/10/2018 at 3:51 AM, Wet Knight said:

To help keep the figures accurate, when the time comes, please tell Elfy that you have died.

LOL!