LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has anyone told a therapist

jkbunlike

Yea I have told 2 of my therapist.  One of them was not to keen of it.  But the other one I will find out more this coming Weds how it goes.  My last session I had with him I told him straight up about the diapers and how they make me feel and he said our next session we will talk about it.  So I am like excited to see what he has to say.  I did not tell him though I am planning on wearing full time and that I am planning on un-potty training myself.  Though we will see how the session goes before I mention the un-potty training.

4 minutes ago, jkbunlike said:

i always feel so ashamed when i tell anyone i feel like such a freak i dont know how to accept myself

Your not a freak.  There is nothing wrong with wearing diapers!  If it helps with your mental illness then wear them.  I am not a therapist but i truely believe in coping skills and I know that diapers is one of my own coping skill.

its funny im doing PHP (just got out of inpaitient wensday) and its always about coping skills and they ask what peoples are im pretty sure they would be appalled if i told them and the group this is one of mine

I never told a therapist at all none of the ones I've ever dealt with actually gave a s**t about me and I could never trust one the only person I've ever had I could talk to and trust is my girlfriend and I tell her everything I feel a 100% safe trusting her with my life she has always done what's good for me if it wasn't for her I might not be here today she has been far more comforting and therapeutic then any shrink a person cannot be therapeutic if you can't relax around them and I can't relax around someone I can't trust the only thing I could trust before my girlfriend was my Rottweiler but he passed away when I was 14 its been 8 years since he died and I still cry every time I think of him 

7 minutes ago, jkbunlike said:

its funny im doing PHP (just got out of inpaitient wensday) and its always about coping skills and they ask what peoples are im pretty sure they would be appalled if i told them and the group this is one of mine

I am a big believer if you have friends and you tell them about it and they started talking about you behind your back and such.  then they are not true friends.  I believe that a true friend would be there for you and when the time arises they will help you.  You can only take each day one day at a time.

6 minutes ago, Warmwetandcozy said:

I never told a therapist at all none of the ones I've ever dealt with actually gave a s**t about me and I could never trust one the only person I've ever had I could talk to and trust is my girlfriend and I tell her everything I feel a 100% safe trusting her with my life she has always done what's good for me if it wasn't for her I might not be here today she has been far more comforting and therapeutic then any shrink a person cannot be therapeutic if you can't relax around them and I can't relax around someone I can't trust the only thing I could trust before my girlfriend was my Rottweiler but he passed away when I was 14 its been 8 years since he died and I still cry every time I think of him 

I can see you getting Married to your GF she seems awesome!

I should also add but the therapist I'm referring to were in mental hospitals for teens you see my mother was a moron and I called the police because she was drunk and trying to kill me when I was 13 and of course I couldn't stay there so child services got me and its darn well near impossible to find foster homes for teenage males or teenagers period so my state would send any teenager they could to mental hospital just to get rid of them there fore the staff and psychiatrist were mostly just there for the money and the patients were mostly there because there was no foster homes willing to take them there for the staff didn't really give flip about anyone so psychiatrist but you see willingly may be wonderful but when neither you get to pick the psychiatrist and the staff don't get to pick the patients bottom quality care is guaranteed because its both parties involved are doing so against there will 

So that being said a outpatient counselor you pick may be very good or even a psych hospital you go to voluntarily may provide very good care but

I've never dealt with any on those terms so you may want to give them a try and they may help but when your forced together it may be bad as far as I go I met my girlfriend shortly after running away from home when I was 15 I got a job delivering papers and selling online  and met her she was a waitress at a restaurant I ate at a lot and we started dating when I was about 16 so I never felt the need to give the voluntarily psychiatrist a try I'm 22 now and am doing fine if you want more details about my experience with shrinks go to restless Fox's depression discussion and read the thread behaviour health centers to much like county jail 

Disclaimer I am not advocating running away if there are any kids reading this know that what I did was extremely dangerous and I was extremely lucky now that I'm 22 I realize just how lucky I truly was 

Feel free to ask if you have any questions just quote what ever post you need cleared up so I get a notifacation and ill be glad to answer any questions 

Just an FYI.  You might want to search the forums because I know there are a few other threads about therapists and diapers and talking to a psycologist and all.  Might find some good information in those other threads.

• Like 1

I told two. The first one was very liberal and said something like "that's cool, I think  if you want to use diapers more often or try something new then you should, there isn't any harm in that kind of activity." I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I had originally brought it up in terms of wanting to not have that fetish anymore, but she straight up said she doesn't think I should change or stop. 

My second therapist hasn't said much. I can't tell if she's uncomfortable or if she just doesn't think it matters. We're deep in PTSD treatment and it recently come up that I have a legitimate need for protection right now. I can't tell if she believes that the need is legitimate or if she thinks it is a form of sexual gratification. I think her response was "if you're wetting the bed do what you need to do while we get through this, if it keeps up after that then you should see a medical doctor." She did back off after I admitted it though and said later on that the pace might be too fast. 

I also wanted to add, therapists are professionals. If your therapist judges you or doesn't accept you then get a better one! If it's something you want to change or stop, then they should help you. If it's not hurting anyone and you don't want to change, then they should accept it also. 

Neither of mine were overly concerned about that aspect of the personality.    Pretty much the second one (the one I spent the most time with) dismissed it with a "what happens in the bedroom is between you and whatever sexual partner you might have" and moved on to other issues I was having.

• Like 1

Therapists are there to help you find ways to work through your problems. If wearing diapers for whatever your reason may be is not a problem with you, then they shouldn't be wasting time on that. They may ask a few questions just to be sure it's not a problem or related to another problem you're having, but that's as far as it should go. If they have problems dealing with it, you need a different therapist.

Bettypooh 

• Like 1
On 9/30/2018 at 3:52 AM, Bettypooh said:

Therapists are there to help you find ways to work through your problems. If wearing diapers for whatever your reason may be is not a problem with you, then they shouldn't be wasting time on that.

100% Agreed ? If diapers are a problem for you - talk with them. Otherwise it's a waist of time and money :-)

1 hour ago, mick_dl said:

100% Agreed :-) If diaper are problem for you - talk with them. Otherwise it's a waist of time and money :-)

I've never seen the need, speaking only for myself. Although I remember at about 15 wondering if I enjoyed peeing in my briefs too much, and then wondering if I had a "problem." I quickly dismissed that idea.

That is a great point!  If you are having any self issues about you wearing diapers, then a therapist is probably a good idea.  If anyone else has a problem with you wearing diapers, then they should be the one to go to a therapist to work out the issue of why they are bothered by you wearing diapers.  If you wear diapers and are being harrased by friends or people you live and work with and are upset by it, then a therapist might be a good idea.  Not because you are having a problem with your own acceptance of wearing diapers but to help you deal with what people are saying and how they are reacting negativly to your diapers.

• Like 1

No offence, but does everyone go to therapists? 

I would need a good medical reason for me to get such thing covered and I can't afford to pay it out of pocket

and then there is that thing that I have problems talking with strangers and that I haven't told anyone (that I know in person) that I wear diapers

My number 2 wish is to have someone to talk about diapers in real life  (#1 is to win the lottery of course..)

I told a pastor once when my ex and I were having marriage counselling. He was totally understanding and said that it's a natural desire to feel safe (by far not his exact words but that's what he communicated - that it's a desire to feel the safety and warmth (that was his word) of the womb

I've told two of them about it. One was fine with it, and another was concerned that any partner who I got involved with might be a pedophile looking for a replacement to the real thing. I wasn't really sure how to refute that except to explain that it can be a domination thing.

In general, I got the feeling that the second one was uncomfortable with it.

4 hours ago, one_screaming_kitten said:

might be a pedophile looking for a replacement to the real thing.

Well as long as the adult 'replacement' was willing, I'd think that would be better than them acting on their 'primary' goal, so perhaps it would be a good thing. Therapists are people with personal perspectives and opinions too. They are supposed to rise above those things in their work but not all can or will. The first therapist I met would be labelled a paranoid pathological liar in their own Psych exam, but I guess getting that exam isn't part of the licensing process here.

I, at one point, spoke with several therapists about it. One labeled me a pedophile, and it only went downhill from there. The other I spent a lot of time with, even at one point ended up in group therapy (of all things) for I guess inappropriate sexual behavior and whatnot. For the record, it wasn’t my choice to go.

For a while after I finished therapy, I kicked the ABDL need for a little while, but eventually came right back. My mother, who originally got me into therapy, weren’t exactly happy about it, but now she doesn’t really give any input into if I wear or not. She’ll make a comment here and there, but nothing more than that.