LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Feeling kinda meh lately

I haven't really felt like my normal self lately, mainly because of work. I have a good paying job with good benefits, and like the hours that I work. The only problem really is management's lack of any give a care for anyone but first shift (I'm on second). I work in a factory, and deal with the same problems of bad parts from the same parts every single day. I ask management if there is anything the company can do about our suppliers sending poorly made parts all the time, and all I get in reply is "We'll notify them of bad parts", and nothing ever changes even though we've dealt with the issue for months. I do my job every day, and get harped on for sending bad parts around the conveyor, but there's nothing I can do if the suppliers won't send us good parts to start with. We routinely have to stop working in my area so that first shift has work to do the next day, even when we get to clean for hours at a time. I am hearing that there's plenty of work to do in my area, but we are too far ahead of where we need to be, and we can't do too much on second shift. I don't want to go to first since I hate the hours, there's more management on first, and I'd lose a lot of money going to it.

I have no enjoyment from my job anymore like I used to, and I just show up and go through the motions. Here lately, I've been so frustrated by it that I've actually considered wrecking on purpose on the way home. I don't intend to hit anyone else, but I've contemplated intentionally hitting a barricade or wall. I also consider trying to cut myself, but haven't done that yet.

Don't wreck your car you will regret it the chances of an instant and painless car death are one in a million you are far more likely to end up paralysed and miserable 

In stead of thinking about or trying to kill yourself do something you enjoy when your not at work and if you really hate your job look for a new one but don't try to hurt yourself or anyone for that matter you'll just end up more miserable instead spend your time trying to improve your life and not destroy it 

I hear what you're saying. How you're frustrated at your lack of control in your job, at having to deal with substandard materials, feeling like you aren't given to tools to do your job properly. I've been there sometimes and it's the most frustrating thing! But of course, killing yourself is not the solution.

Tell me: what is your life like OUTSIDE of your job? That could be adding to the frustration at the workplace.

Death is a solution only when pain is overwhelming and there is no possibility of it even ending or slackening to a tolerable level.

Work is just a means to make money, and money is a good thing to have. It's nice when you like your work, but that's not necessary to do it. Work is just apart of your life- it doesn't define you nor does it need to affect any other part of your life. Most people just perform the necessary motions of their work, not really liking it at all but liking what it does for their wallet enough to keep doing it. You're getting  too tied up with your work, and that's adversely affecting the rest of your life. I happen to love what I do for work and it sometimes spills over into my non-working hours, but I try to avoid that. I have other far more pleasant things to do when I'm not working, but I never forget that it's my work which makes it possible for me to do those other things. So work is important, but as long as you can tolerate it, that's all you need. If you can't tolerate it then find something else to do.

Most of us reach a point where we 'burn out' in out work, usually when we see no future in it anymore. Sometimes all that's needed for a cure is a vacation. Sometimes we will try something else, sometimes returning to where we left when we find it's no better. I've been working 44 years now, mostly in my current career but I've done other things in hopes of finding better success. Nothing has been better for me than what I do now which I do enjoy doing, but I'm just flat-out tired of working so hard for so little benefit to me. Short of winning the lottery I'll be having to work till the day I die- not a nice prospect to look forward to but it's the truth I must face and deal with because what little fun there is left in my life depends on me doing that. I slog onward because I must, and I try to make the best of it but that doesn't always work and some days are just a pure hell I have to face. If I must, I can find other work to do which I might like better, but knowing that it would be less money I stick with what I've got simply because it is what is best for me. Learn to see it that same way I do and turn it off when you're not there. Just do it because the money is good for you. 

Bettypooh

5 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Tell me: what is your life like OUTSIDE of your job? That could be adding to the frustration at the workplace.

Well, I'll first say that this is the best paying job I've ever had, and that I'm using the money to pay off debt, as well as attempt to save for something else. I recently took out a loan to pay off my credit card, figuring that it was better to pay lower interest. I've been at this job for 7 years, and the pay is good enough that I figure I should tough it out. Outside of work, I live a pretty boring life to be honest. I have never been a party kind of guy, nor do I drink or smoke. My hobbies that I enjoy I either can't afford to do much, don't have time to do much, or both. These include fishing, bowling, and shooting. According to my doctor, I need to lose about 80-85 pounds, but keeping the motivation to eat better, as well as workout consistently is a struggle for me (been trying for years, and fail each time). I know that if I lose the weight, it'll benefit my bowling since I'll have less pressure on my knee when I slide. I've done well for a little while, but always fall back into bad eating, and being lazy again. The lowest I've weighed in a while was 210, and the highest was 240. I'm currently at 225 or so, but like I said, I have a long way to go.

The fact that you're paying off your debt is very good. You can see your money going towards a very real goal of becoming debt free, watching every cent bring you a little bit closer to a better life. :) Keep that in the forefront of your mind. It's a psychologically-proven fact that humans are happiest, not when they achieve their goal, but simply when the see that they're making progress towards a goal.

I can't help you on the losing weight front, but as for your hobbies, perhaps it's just a question of not taking the time to organize yourself? I'll bet if you sat down and charted out the things you do in, say, an average week, that you'd find hours of free time that you normally waste doing unnecessary things that don't bring you as much happiness as you could have.

6 hours ago, beallucanb said:

Have you ever tried seeing what other kind of jobs are available in your area?

Maybe its time for a change.

The debt that I'm trying to pay off pretty much demands that I stay where I'm at. I have about $20k in debt right now, and my pay is pretty good. I do like the people I work with, just not the ones I work for. I am being smarter about using my credit card now. I immediately put it up after use until that use is paid off, such as gas in the tank. I am also making sure to pay extra any time that I make a payment on anything.

Just keep your focus on the financial aspects (which you seem to be doing good with :D) and try not to let who you're working for bring you down. Karma tends to catch up with everybody in time, so keep yours good and you might get to see their bad karma slap them down later on :lol: I've always held that outlasting the a$$holes constitutes a win, and it's a very satisfying feeling when that happens. Remember that this is for and about you, not them.

On the hobbies, you might find ways to get more involved peripherally, such as internet forums or local clubs, which take little money and don't have much by way of time obligations. Or you might go to the gym, solving two problems at once ;)

Bettypooh

6 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Or you might go to the gym, solving two problems at once ;)

Bettypooh

Starting today, I'm going to get back to doing my One Punch Man workout again. This means 10 miles on my exercise bike, 100 pushups, 100 situps, and 100 squats. Every single day.

1 hour ago, id0ntknow said:

Starting today, I'm going to get back to doing my One Punch Man workout again. This means 10 miles on my exercise bike, 100 pushups, 100 situps, and 100 squats. Every single day.

O_O

Pretty soon you'll be able to fly between the earth and the moon in 19 seconds flat! :D

If you are carrying a large or any credit card balance it will kill you with interest, a lower rate (bank loan) would help, if there is such a thing today.

You might want to look into what they used to call a bill payer loan, they or you pay off everything you owe in one shot.

Then you pay a lower payment than you would be on a credit card(if that is what your paying on)???

Then if you have extra money pay 2 payments on the loan,  or you can pay 50 or a 100 dollars toward the loan principal it pays the loan off way faster.

If you pay the loan off ahead of time you will get your interest money back, your last few payments might not be owed at all.

If you have a decent credit rating and you have a good working history most banks will work with you.

It doesn't hurt to ask a bank, for a  bill paying loan, credit card companies have people with stone hearts running them they charge what they feel like charging.

Even though I paid everything I owed back all at one time in one afternoon, my late paying screwed my credit for many years, it took me 20 years to get it back.

I wish you much luck, I was in the same kind of fix back in the 70's, I sold off my home then started all over again.

Good luck to you.

Had a pretty good day today. My area actually got to work the whole shift for once (which is a plus), and while we did still have a bunch of bad parts from suppliers, my co-workers and I did what we were supposed to do with them. This week as a whole sucked, but today was decent. It was also payday, so that always helps, at least until I figure up bills, and then the money's gone again.

On 10/6/2018 at 1:03 AM, id0ntknow said:

It was also payday, so that always helps, at least until I figure up bills, and then the money's gone again.

Lol! That's called "Normal" and another good reason to hate that word :P And it ain't that bad compared to self-employment where you have no clue what you'll make in a given week with a zillion things which can interrupt the cash-flow without warning. And you don't have to deal with what I did yesterday- getting taxes done not knowing how much you were going to have to pay, only knowing that your accountant had warned you that rules changes were going to make that figure higher than ever before :o Scrape and scrounge all the cash you can and pray that it will be enough. Rent is going to be late now but the landlord is chill, I have enough to survive another week till I can draw some more money, and unless everything conspires against me I'll make it. Barely but I'll make it. That's enough for today so I'll leave any worrying for when something happens deserving that feeling. I'm gonna grab what happiness I can today because there might not be much available tomorrow. Maybe you can try to look at life similarly. Yeah, it sucks sometimes but every now and them the world screws up and gives you something to smile about so make the best of that when you can, and don't worry about upcoming frowns. As long as you keep pushing forward you'll make progress, and the more progress you make the more smiles you can get out of life B)

Bettypooh