LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plot-Pacing advice?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me a bit of advice?

Basically, I'm working on a loose-ish sequel to a fic I wrote a few months back and I'm just a bit worried I'm hitting one extreme to the other. The original idea was pretty linear:

--Someone's in the hospital,

--There's two (potential) care-takers waiting and fretting for their wellbeing outside, 

--There's a crash (our patient's being non-cooperative) 

--Care-takers rush in, scolding, diapering from there. 

But now I think I've written in a bit too much tension for a typical scolding to really organically 'solve' that problem and I'm facing a bit of a dilemma as to how to slow it down. Because it's a medical setting, would introducing a sedative be...I guess an 'ethical' option? On the one hand it'd give all characters involved a chance to slow down, maybe elaborate on some things I've kinda started to set up but then on the other, would that just be pointless filler? And then there's the whole idea of the diaper-ee still being loopy when they wake; would that water-down the experience of establishing, y'know, "No, you need someone looking after you, we're doing this now." ? 

If anyone's got any advice it'd be really appreciated! 

Hmm... that's a tough one.

Have you considered exploring where this new "high-tension" situation could take you? Even if it isn't what you expected? It sounds to me like your characters have done something you didn't expect at the outset (happens all the time) and now you're trying to shoehorn them back into your original box.

That's a very good point actually, about the shoe-horning...hmm...

See, on the one hand I'm always kind of reluctant to delve too deep into these kinds of scenarios--irl I just hate confrontation, but...I mean, in writing it means that something happens right, so there's surely something interesting to be found in it? Maybe? Hopefully?

On 9/17/2018 at 9:35 AM, Gothicruby said:

That's a very good point actually, about the shoe-horning...hmm...

See, on the one hand I'm always kind of reluctant to delve too deep into these kinds of scenarios--irl I just hate confrontation, but...I mean, in writing it means that something happens right, so there's surely something interesting to be found in it? Maybe? Hopefully?

Confrontation and conflict can drive stories.Go with what works organically with what you've written.