LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
suzuki2011

should i use boosters

Recommended Posts

so im moving ill be traveling 2000 miles ill be wearing diapers through out the trip. and staying the night in 1 motel my question is should  i use boosters in my diaper or should i just change at rest areas through out the trip. obvisouly i wont be wearing the same diaper even with a booster the whole trip but i was just thinking to save time on changing i could boost up and just drive. what is your opinion 

Share this post


Link to post

You're going 2000 miles and only one motel?!? Forget boosters, you're going to need some butt paste because your buy is going to be shredded from all that sitting! Also, boosters are great for extending diaper time, especially if it is a cheaper diaper

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, warpiper said:

You're going 2000 miles and only one motel?!? Forget boosters, you're going to need some butt paste because your buy is going to be shredded from all that sitting! Also, boosters are great for extending diaper time, especially if it is a cheaper diaper

sorry about 1,300 big difference i ovver estimated

5 hours ago, warpiper said:

You're going 2000 miles and only one motel?!? Forget boosters, you're going to need some butt paste because your buy is going to be shredded from all that sitting! Also, boosters are great for extending diaper time, especially if it is a cheaper diaper

and dont get me wrong i would be stopping at rest areas to stretch and rest a little and if needed change but i wasjust wondering if i should use boosters

Share this post


Link to post

hmmm....... having done a few road trips of similar lengths, i can say that this plan could work. considering 1,300 miles at an approximate average of 70mph (accounting for slow traffic, rush hours, construction, levels of caffeine, how tired you are, etc etc), it would take you about 20 hours of road time to get to where you are going, including some extra time for food, gas and stretch breaks. of course, i'm assuming you're using just major highways, and very few smaller roads.

personally, i would try to break it up into three days of travel, but it all depends how you feel. and i don't  know if you have the luxury of excess time. driving can get tiring. on my trips, i stopped about every two or three hours for gas, snack and to stretch. also, changings would add a bit more time to your trip. i wanted to be diapered for those trips, too, but i was a diaper-novice, tried for a few hours, but changed out early on and remained diaper-less for the rest of the trip. 

anyway, back to the question! yes for boosters! also with everyone else here, yes for a quality butt paste/barrier cream, and a good powder. i would also recommend starting with a quality diaper, like a better dry, dry24/7, abu's or something similar. considering you'll be in a car, you'll be able to stop whenever you want/need to, so you can change whenever the need arises.

have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, diaperguy85 said:

hmmm....... having done a few road trips of similar lengths, i can say that this plan could work. considering 1,300 miles at an approximate average of 70mph (accounting for slow traffic, rush hours, construction, levels of caffeine, how tired you are, etc etc), it would take you about 20 hours of road time to get to where you are going, including some extra time for food, gas and stretch breaks. of course, i'm assuming you're using just major highways, and very few smaller roads.

personally, i would try to break it up into three days of travel, but it all depends how you feel. and i don't  know if you have the luxury of excess time. driving can get tiring. on my trips, i stopped about every two or three hours for gas, snack and to stretch. also, changings would add a bit more time to your trip. i wanted to be diapered for those trips, too, but i was a diaper-novice, tried for a few hours, but changed out early on and remained diaper-less for the rest of the trip. 

anyway, back to the question! yes for boosters! also with everyone else here, yes for a quality butt paste/barrier cream, and a good powder. i would also recommend starting with a quality diaper, like a better dry, dry24/7, abu's or something similar. considering you'll be in a car, you'll be able to stop whenever you want/need to, so you can change whenever the need arises.

have fun!

im getting bambino teddy. what would you recomend for cream? A and E cream?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, suzuki2011 said:

im getting bambino teddy. what would you recomend for cream? A and E cream?

i don't have any experience with the teddies, but i hear they are really good. i use mostly plain, non-printed diapers.

as for cream, my favorite is calmoseptine. it's on amazon, but i've also seen it in cvs and rite aid. you get it in tubes like sunblock or hair gel, but amazon also has it in little packets like ketchup. it's a thick, slightly pink cream with lanolin, some menthol and other oils and vitamins. it goes on thick and stays on! it's a pain in the neck to get off your hands, so i use rubber/vinyl/latex/etc gloves to apply. i apply the cream all over in a thin, even layer, and apply a layer of powder on it so it's no longer sticky to the touch. then tape up the lower tapes, a little bit more powder front and back, finish taping up, redress and i'm on my way! btw, leave your gloves on when you powder, but take them off when you tape up. you don't want powder or cream on the tapes

Share this post


Link to post

Boosters are like asking to get a diaper rash

They are best suited for sleeping, if needed, or the occasionally thick diaper in the weekends 

Maybe if you only use a booster in the front..

Share this post


Link to post

Having no idea how much you wet, it's hard to estimate how much you would need boosters based on how long you will be riding and stopping, etc.  Tell us more about the trip.  Is this a bus tour type of trip going to several towns and sights along the way?  Is it one long trip from one town to another hundreds of miles away?  Is it a car trip with a friend?  Do you wear premium top of the line diapers or store type ones that don't absorb as well?  Are you unable to carry many extra diapers with you so you are limited to wearing what you can take for long periods of time?  As a Diaper Lover instead of Incontinent, do you have control and will be able to hold it mostly until you can pee in a toilet at a rest stop, or will you be wetting your diapers because you know you won't be able to hold it long?  All that information matters in how we can best advise you.

For example, if you are taking a bus tour with many stops along the way or visiting different sites and attractions, I would suggest booster or not, pee in a toilet when you can and change your diaper whenever you stop if it's wet.  If you stop every 2 hours for whatever reason and your diaper is still OK, wait for the second stop if you can.  In your daily experience with diapers, how long can you usually go before needing to change?  Use that as a basis of how long you can go before having to change diapers and then see if your trip will have regular stops within that time frame.  Use boosters if you need to, but that also tells me if you need a booster you will definitely need to change whenever you stop.  If it's a long trip from one town to another, I can't see either the other people on the bus or any friend you will be traveling with going the distance without stopping to use restrooms along the way.  People will always take advantage of using a restroom whenever their bus or car stops for whatever reason, especially if they know they will be getting back on the bus or in the car for another long ride to the next stop.  If traveling with a friend, it's even a simple matter to ask him or her to stop and use a restroom when you need to.

If stopping along the way to see the sites, have a bite to eat or whatever, take every oppertunity to change your diaper.  Boosters will add some extra protection for sure, but don't use them as an excuse not to change regularly.  Sitting for a long time is bad enough for some people's back, legs and sciatic nerve, sitting in a wet diaper for a long period if time without regular changes and some type of barrier cream or ointment can be even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Having no idea how much you wet, it's hard to estimate how much you would need boosters based on how long you will be riding and stopping, etc.  Tell us more about the trip.  Is this a bus tour type of trip going to several towns and sights along the way?  Is it one long trip from one town to another hundreds of miles away?  Is it a car trip with a friend?  Do you wear premium top of the line diapers or store type ones that don't absorb as well?  Are you unable to carry many extra diapers with you so you are limited to wearing what you can take for long periods of time?  As a Diaper Lover instead of Incontinent, do you have control and will be able to hold it mostly until you can pee in a toilet at a rest stop, or will you be wetting your diapers because you know you won't be able to hold it long?  All that information matters in how we can best advise you.

For example, if you are taking a bus tour with many stops along the way or visiting different sites and attractions, I would suggest booster or not, pee in a toilet when you can and change your diaper whenever you stop if it's wet.  If you stop every 2 hours for whatever reason and your diaper is still OK, wait for the second stop if you can.  In your daily experience with diapers, how long can you usually go before needing to change?  Use that as a basis of how long you can go before having to change diapers and then see if your trip will have regular stops within that time frame.  Use boosters if you need to, but that also tells me if you need a booster you will definitely need to change whenever you stop.  If it's a long trip from one town to another, I can't see either the other people on the bus or any friend you will be traveling with going the distance without stopping to use restrooms along the way.  People will always take advantage of using a restroom whenever their bus or car stops for whatever reason, especially if they know they will be getting back on the bus or in the car for another long ride to the next stop.  If traveling with a friend, it's even a simple matter to ask him or her to stop and use a restroom when you need to.

If stopping along the way to see the sites, have a bite to eat or whatever, take every oppertunity to change your diaper.  Boosters will add some extra protection for sure, but don't use them as an excuse not to change regularly.  Sitting for a long time is bad enough for some people's back, legs and sciatic nerve, sitting in a wet diaper for a long period if time without regular changes and some type of barrier cream or ointment can be even worse.

i am driving by myself from one state 1300 miles to another state. 

Share this post


Link to post

Teddies hold a lot already, so boosters aren't necessary. And remember comfort- you're going to be sitting on that booster for quite some time which you may not enjoy. But if you want extended wear-time, then a booster can add 50% to 100% to that 😀 And if you can find it, Boudreaux's Butt Paste is one of the best barrier/Rash prevention creams there is. If you're not used to siting in a wet diaper for extended times use something, even if you can't find that. But check the smell first, as some creams have a distinct odor you may not like.

Don't know when you're coming down, but if Florence is still around you should bookmark each states road closure websites when that may matter. Have a safe and happy trip ☺️

Bettypooh

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Having no idea how much you wet, it's hard to estimate how much you would need boosters based on how long you will be riding and stopping, etc.  Tell us more about the trip.  Is this a bus tour type of trip going to several towns and sights along the way?  Is it one long trip from one town to another hundreds of miles away?  Is it a car trip with a friend?  Do you wear premium top of the line diapers or store type ones that don't absorb as well?  Are you unable to carry many extra diapers with you so you are limited to wearing what you can take for long periods of time?  As a Diaper Lover instead of Incontinent, do you have control and will be able to hold it mostly until you can pee in a toilet at a rest stop, or will you be wetting your diapers because you know you won't be able to hold it long?  All that information matters in how we can best advise you.

If stopping along the way, take every oppertunity to change your diaper.  Boosters will add some extra protection for sure, but don't use them as an excuse not to change regularly.  Sitting for a long time is bad enough for some people's back, legs and sciatic nerve, sitting in a wet diaper for a long period if time without regular changes and some type of barrier cream or ointment can be even worse.

 

22 hours ago, suzuki2011 said:

i am driving by myself from one state 1300 miles to another state. 

Not a lot of information or answers to my questions, but I can say things should be easier for you since you are driving yourself.  You are not a slave to other people and you are free to go and stop wherever and whenever you like, being by yourself.  You should stop for a few minutes and walk around every 2 or 3 hours to prevent sciatic nerve damage and stretch your legs.  That would be a perfect time to change your wet diaper.  You also have to stop and eat, unless you pack a sandwich to take along.  Even then, don't try and eat and drive at the same time.  You have total control of your trip, therefore I can't see any reason for you not to stop somewhere to change your diaper when you need to.  Yes, boosters will help extend the capacity of your diapers, but as Bettypooh said, how comfortable will they feel sitting is a boosted diaper while driving a long distance.  if you wear premium diapers, they should last well enough without needing boosters.  Store type brands?  Maybe a boosted but it's my experience even with a booster a store brand might last 3 to 4 hours before needing to be changed.  Going a long distance sitting in wet diapers is not going to be good for your skin.  Better to change when needed and dry up a little.  Use a good barrier cream whatever you decide. 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, one last thing for @suzuki2011

Do not speed in Virginia if you're going through there with out-of-state plates. They will show you no mercy and fine the crap out of you. Speeding 20 over there lands you directly in jail with your vehicle impounded. Definitely ruins a nice road trip.

Bettypooh

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now