LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To Catch a Falling Star - Chapter 5 (09/17)

9 minutes ago, kerry said:

This definitely hints at what both Kimmy and I are waiting for: whether a Pet can still work and what happens when they try it. And, of course, can a Pet play a non-Pet role?

Well, we shall have to see, won't we? I am not going to speculate... ;)

Chapter 5

“...Please give my office a call, preferably before 6 o’clock tonight or first thing in the morning so that we can reschedule. I know you were excited for this project, and I think you’d be a good fit for Adrienne.”

As the voicemail finished, Erika saved it and glanced at her watch. Hmmm, it’s 5:45 so he should still be there if I call now. She ended the voicemail call, not bothering to listen to the other messages as she looked at Niamh sitting on the floor at her feet. “Well sweetie, should I call him back?”

Niamh sat there contemplating the question for a couple of minutes, looking up at her Keeper and chewing on her lip in concentration. “Come on sweet girl, we don’t have a lot of time if you want me to call him tonight.” Her Keeper’s words only made her tremble more, while she considered if she felt capable of trying to continue acting with the changes she was feeling.

“I...I don’t know Mistress. All I was ever good at was acting, but I am scared now. I don’t know how people will react to me, and I am nervous that I won’t be as good of an actress now as I used to be.”

Erika reached out to run her fingers through her Pet’s flaming tresses and spoke comfortingly, “If you loved it enough to push yourself to only do that sweetie, then why give it up? Maybe he won’t want you to act anymore for him. Maybe you won’t be able to do the same roles, but if you truly love acting, there is no real reason for you to quit.”

Niamh sighed softly as she nuzzled into her Keeper’s touch, feeling instantly safe and loved as she savored the physical contact with Erika. “But what if he is like my agent? I mean, now I don’t even have representation Mistress, so it is going to be hard to try and act.”

Erika shook her head and gave her Pet an indulgent smile, much like a mother to an errant child. “Sweetie, I am your representation now. I am your owner, you belong to me, so I will handle anything like that. You don’t need to worry about anything financially or anything but doing what you are told and being a good girl. And I don’t want to see you give up a dream, if there is a possibility not to.”

As Niamh tried to say something else, Erika held her finger to her Pet’s lips and silenced her before leaning down to kiss the soft pink lips of her Pet. “Shh, let me take care of things. I am here to take care of you and protect you my precious Niamh.” With that, Erika promptly slid one of Niamh’s new pacifiers into her mouth and held it there until her Pet started to suckle, watching her eyes go glassy at the feelings as her oral fixation was dealt with.

With that, Erika pulled up the number for Robert Townsend and let the phone dial as she kept stroking her Pet’s hair. After the third ring, the man on the other end picked up and spoke in a strong baritone voice, “Yes? Robert Townsend speaking.”

Erika schooled herself and spoke in as clear and businesslike a voice as she could manage, “Yes, Mr. Townsend, I am calling on behalf of Niamh Connolly. I wanted to apologize for getting back to you so late in the day.”

The voice on the other end was solicitous. “Indeed, I hope nothing happened to Ms. Connolly, Miss?”

“Oh sorry, Mason. Erika Mason.”

“Ms. Mason. And why isn’t Ms. Connolly speaking to me right now Ms. Mason?”

Erika took a deep breath. Well, here we go. “That is why she missed the meeting with you today Mr. Townsend. You see, Niamh and I bonded this afternoon at a store in Hollywood.”

There was a noticeable pause at that for a few moments, though Erika decided to wait it out. “And I assume that since you are calling me and not her, she is now a Pet, is that correct Ms. Mason?”

Erika was nodding even as she answered. “Yes, that’s correct sir. She’s my Pet. And I am sorry we just now got back to you, but there was a lot to take care of so that we could make things work smoothly for both of us this afternoon. But,” Erika smiled down at Niamh as she continued, “but when I heard your message, I decided to reach out to you. Both to explain and because I think that she can still act and do a fantastic job.”

“Damn!” Robert Townsend’s voice was clearly unhappy at having his concerns confirmed. “Well, that takes her out of the running for the role of Adrienne. I can’t have a Pet playing that role, it would be suicide to the production. I’m sorry.”

A sad whimper came from behind Niamh’s pacifier as Erika stroked her hair and gave her more love as they both heard the response from the most powerful producer in Hollywood. “Well, I’m sorry to hear that Mr. Townsend. I understand but I had hoped…”

It was a couple of seconds later, before Erika could even think of hanging up where the voice on the other end gave her pause. “Well, I can’t use her in this picture, but maybe...maybe there is a project I could use her for. If you are interested?”

Instantly, Niamh’s eyes lit up at the idea she would still get an opportunity to act. Erika cautiously answered, “Of course I might be interested, for my Pet’s sake. If it is a good project?”

“I think it is, it is more stable than a film shoot certainly. I am assuming you are young Ms. Mason, and I apologize if I am wrong on this, but what do you do?”

If she was taken aback by the question, Erika certainly didn’t show it. “Oh no Mr. Townsend, I admit I am young. I’m a Film and Television Production undergrad at Southern Cal. Currently a sophomore.”

“I understand, that certainly makes it a little easier as you have some knowledge of how the industry works then. As I said, I think this might be a better project to see if Ms., I mean, Niamh is still capable of acting.” He paused for a moment before continuing, “I have been approached by a network to produce a new show following a team of Keepers and their Pets who solve crimes and hunt down bad guys in LA. This is actually going to be a primetime show rather than daytime programming like a lot of Pet-centric programming is today.”

Erika mulled it over as she listened. “It sounds impressive Mr. Townsend, though I sense one issue so far. I’m not an actress and have never demonstrated any skill in that way.”

She could actually hear the man’s smile in his voice as he continued. “Oh, that shouldn’t be a problem. We’ve got actresses who can play Keepers, it’s just that we can’t find actresses who would be willing to play Pets, except for actual Pets themselves. And I am sure that we can work out something so that you could be on set with your Pet to help take care of her, like an internship. I am positive SC and your professors will work with us on that.”

“I see Mr. Townsend. Well, that definitely does sound intriguing. And I can tell you that my Pet would be good at whatever role she has.” Erika paused to think for a moment, looking at the clock on her wall. “Can we have some time to discuss it? Maybe call you back tomorrow morning before I have classes?”

“Of course Ms. Mason. There isn’t a huge rush on this, as the production isn’t ramping up just yet. But if you call me back tomorrow and express interest, I will set up a meeting between yourself and your Pet with my people to see if Niamh would fit one of the roles.”

Erika smiled, winking at Niamh as her Pet kept sucking on her pacifier and nuzzling into her legs. “That would be fine sir. I will speak with you tomorrow morning then. I wish you a good night.”

As the pleasantries ended and Robert Townsend hung up, Erika smiled in excitement. “Can you believe it my girl? You might be in a primetime show! As a Pet, but still it is still acting!” Erika picked Niamh up off the floor and cuddled her in her arms, gently rocking her Pet there on the couch, thinking about how her life was changing thanks to being a Keeper now and having her wonderful Pet.

For Niamh, she was both excited and very nervous about the possibility. It was a big deal to be seen as a Pet by millions of people, even though most of the fame and following went to those who were Keepers or Unbound, rather than the Pets. “Do...do you think I can do it Mistress?”

Erika gazed into her Pet’s eyes before she answered. “Of course I think you can sweetie. In fact, I know you can. I know you will knock their socks off at the audition, because you are mine. And my Pet is the best Pet there is.” She hugged her girl tight, marveling at the heat radiating off her Pet’s body, knowing that more changes were still coming.

“Now then,” Erika continued seriously, “we are going to have to discuss some other things. We’re going to need to take care of selling your car since you can’t drive it anymore, and we’re going to need to decide what to do with your home and possessions. As you can see, I don’t have a lot of room here for your stuff. So most of it will have to be sold too.”

Niamh nodded at that, not thrilled by the prospect of losing all of her belongings, but knowing it was probably for the best. And she knew as well that the sale of her things would enable her Keeper to take better care of her and give her treats to have. “I-I know Mistress. I don’t want to lose some of my stuff...but I know it is important.”

“Good girl. I don’t want you to lose everything, but I have no option with our living situation for the school year. I’m locked into the lease for here, so I need to do what is best for us.” She gave Niamh a quick kiss on the lips and then set her back down on the floor. “Now then, I need to get some food for myself, so I am going to go down to the dining hall to get my dinner.”

Niamh sighed and gave a slight nod at that, “yes Mistress.” She really wanted something nice to eat, but she already knew that she would probably have to go into her cage until her Keeper got back. “Can you bring me back anything Mistress?”

“Sadly my Pet,” Erika truly did look saddened at giving her Pet this news, “I can’t do that. For one, the dining hall would frown on it as you aren’t in the system yet. For another, I don’t want to upset your tummy too much, especially today of all days with all the stress you’ve been under.” Erika quietly led Niamh to her cage, running her hand along her Pet’s supple body. “So I will let you have some Pet food, and we will see. I promise that if you are a good girl, I will see about some special treats, okay? And in the future, I should be able to get you some things from the food court, if they are healthy for you.”

As Niamh crawled into her cage, she tried to hide her disappointment with the excitement of knowing her Keeper wouldn’t lie to her. “I understand. I will be a good girl for you, I promise.”

Erika gave her Pet a lingering kiss and another boop to the nose as she closed and locked the cage. “I know you will be a good girl for me sweetie. You are my good girl always. And I love you.”

With that, Erika grabbed her purse and strode out the door, a spring in her step for the future.

To Be Continued...

• Like 5
  • violetbaby changed the title to To Catch a Falling Star - Chapter 5 (09/17)
10 hours ago, SGTbaby said:

Cool idea with the acting. Lovin this new universe!

It will be interesting to see. And as Erika says, if you love it, why give it up? And there is another benefit for Niamh in the fact that her Keeper is a film student...

9 hours ago, kerry said:

It should definitely be interesting watching both Niamh acting as a Pet and the way the public responds to her.

Yeah, I think that is going to be difficult at first for Niamh, if you will remember her thoughts from Chapter 1. But as was said, they can't convince actresses to play the part of Pets unless the actresses actually are Pets.

Another excellent chapter. :)

It will certainly be interesting to see how this whole acting job goes. How will the other Actors/Actresses treat her? Will they be nice on camera and complete monsters off stage? What will happen if she bumps into someone she knows? The possibilities...

On the critiquing side, I must say that your dialogue seems rather... mechanical. And it was okay here since Mr. Townshend and Erika were conducting business, but I'm wondering if it was really intentional or if you're just uncomfortable writing dialogue?

On 9/18/2018 at 11:12 AM, Wannatripbaby said:

Another excellent chapter. :)

It will certainly be interesting to see how this whole acting job goes. How will the other Actors/Actresses treat her? Will they be nice on camera and complete monsters off stage? What will happen if she bumps into someone she knows? The possibilities...

On the critiquing side, I must say that your dialogue seems rather... mechanical. And it was okay here since Mr. Townshend and Erika were conducting business, but I'm wondering if it was really intentional or if you're just uncomfortable writing dialogue?

To be fair, the fact that she is talking on the phone with someone she has never dealt with before made the conversation between Townsend and Erika seem maybe a bit stilted. But it should be more flowing in the future.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:53 PM, fyunch said:

This is going to be fun.  Very good concept, and very nicely written.

11 hours ago, CDfm said:

It really is very well written. 

Thank you both. I have been enjoying writing it. Will need to wait for tomorrow for more, as I've been super busy with work stuff and cleaning out my desk.

• 1 month later...