LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do you put a diaper on?

For me, it is usually me standing against something and securing the diaper.  Though today I was alone in the living room my stepdad was not home and my mom was taking a nap.  So I thought about trying it laying down.  Well to my amazement it fit a lot better when I was laying down.  It also felt so good to be strapping myself in a diaper while laying down brought some memories to my head.  Oh how so good.

Standing for me. If you are wearing different companies cuts maybe different for sizing ,so it is good it you stay with one or two styles/prints. I am using 9 different and have to remember when to apply the first leg tapes. It would be nice if I would be diapered like a baby laying down but that wont happen

Standing works best for me, no matter the brand or type. Yes, I wear cloth at times, but mostly disposables since they are more discrete. For cloth it takes a little longer since I'm not as experienced at it- often I must repin at least once before it feels right.

1 hour ago, herb330 said:

since I have been in diapers 24/7 .  My wife does the changes.  I 'm placed on a changing table and then cleaned up and changed.

Cool I wish I had someone to put me in diapers.

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

Standing up. Never could do it laying down. Wife wouldn't do it either. It's a fantasy to have a gal do it...

Cool

1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

More often than not standing up, just for convenience.  It gets the fit optimal.   If I lie flat, it's too loose.   If you flex your legs you risk putting it on too tight. 

Nice

57 minutes ago, clothbaby said:

Standing for me. If you are wearing different companies cuts maybe different for sizing ,so it is good it you stay with one or two styles/prints. I am using 9 different and have to remember when to apply the first leg tapes. It would be nice if I would be diapered like a baby laying down but that wont happen

Yeah that is true

12 minutes ago, WetDad said:

Standing works best for me, no matter the brand or type. Yes, I wear cloth at times, but mostly disposables since they are more discrete. For cloth it takes a little longer since I'm not as experienced at it- often I must repin at least once before it feels right.

Cool

This is how

It depends on the diaper, mainly if one tape per side or two. Generally, I lay down flat, usually on the bed, and start by getting the fit around my legs and nether region right. I personally like a little sag in my diaper and room to breathe down there, so I tend to tape my diaper on a little lower, but still snug around the legs. 

That being said, I always do the lower tapes first to get the right fit around the legs and down below, usually pointing the lower tapes downward a bit. Then I’ll do the upper tapes snug enough for there not to be a huge pocket between my skin and either waistband, but loose enough to where the elastic gives me some room to move, breathe and give a little space in between.

If it’s a single tape diaper, generally the tapes will get angled down slightly, to where the legs are snug but the waist is looser.

4 hours ago, Little Christine said:

This is how

Awesome Answer Christine

13 minutes ago, Smash-N-Dash said:

It depends on the diaper, mainly if one tape per side or two. Generally, I lay down flat, usually on the bed, and start by getting the fit around my legs and nether region right. I personally like a little sag in my diaper and room to breathe down there, so I tend to tape my diaper on a little lower, but still snug around the legs. 

That being said, I always do the lower tapes first to get the right fit around the legs and down below, usually pointing the lower tapes downward a bit. Then I’ll do the upper tapes snug enough for there not to be a huge pocket between my skin and either waistband, but loose enough to where the elastic gives me some room to move, breathe and give a little space in between.

If it’s a single tape diaper, generally the tapes will get angled down slightly, to where the legs are snug but the waist is looser.

Thank you Smash-N-Dash.  I am finding it a lot easier to lay down on the floor and pull it on and tape the tapes.  And it feels a lot more snug that way.

19 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Actually when I wear cloth I use Snappis to close them.    I like that the pull up on the crotch in addition to pulling the wings inward.

I cannot see them standing up to 3 layers of thick DSQ twill and one of Gerber bird'seye. I use the very large diaper pins from Protex. Besides, I would have to learn how to use them AND they are not the real thing I guess they would be fine with PUl or PEVA panties and  playing Barbi or MLP; or for a boy or DL

Tell me how they can replace THIS:

image.png

Now, to be sure, mine are not the traditional square or rectangular 1951 diapers for babies, they are made after a diaper that was made for a little girl who was a becwetter by her mother, who worked in a dressmaking shop in 1951 and who had outgrown baby diapers. This girl was the youngest of 4 and was a smidgen older than I. When it came to "designing" things like that, a lady knew what she wanted, in this case something that was more "fitted" to be easier to put on, could be worn for longer periods of time, could be doubled, with room to grow or could fit many different sized waits. Her mother did not have to try and find diapers for a "little". All she had to do was get assorted "super toddler" size baby panties which would, as has been said here, fit a person up to about 10 or 11 over a diaper, to put over them. get a few packages of prefolds, from which she made the diapers and that was it

Lying down if there's the space.  On the bed or on the bathroom floor with a towel spread out so the cold lino doesn't get me.  Standing up when I have to, which is OK for disposables or velcro washables.  I have't yet worked out how to change into a contour cloth nappy with a soaker in standing up - I haven't got enough arms.  And as for a kite-fold - no idea even whether it's possible with just 2 hands, although I'm sure someone on here will be doing it every day!  I do a better job of it lying down.

I get the best fit lying down, but I do a healthy mix of both. That being said, I mostly wear pull on styles, and really only worry about tape ons for overnight, and for fun, and my girlfriend normally helps me with both of those.

I rarely have to put them on myself because my girlfriend usually changes me but when I do I lay down on the bed spread my legs apart fluff the diaper tape up the bottom 2 tapes than the top 2 sure everything is pulled tight to my body than put on my PUL pants and button my onesie 

Since I wear cloth square diapers, I sandwich a soaker panel in between two diapers, fold the whole works letter style, spreading the top wings just a little, lie down and bring the bottom edge up over my crotch.  Next I spread out the wings just a bit more so they meet the folded up part and pin. Sitting up, I can adjust the fit.

I can't get a good fit when laying down, although after I put on my diaper standing I sometimes adjust or tighten the tapes a little if wearing a cloth backed disposable diaper and it stretches a little.  It's funny that I read the people who put their diapers on standing have to do it standing against a wall.  I've never had to use a wall for support in any way while I put my diaper on.  I just hold it in the middle of the back top, pull it up between my legs in front and draw the left bottom tape tight to tape it in front.  It doesn't matter if I let go of the back of my diaper when taping the bottom leg tape because I already have my diaper in position.  Once one tape is on and holding, I can then tape the other bottom tape.  Once they are taped, I can pull the diaper up more if it needs to and then tape the top left, pulling it tight and then the top right.  The bottom tapes keep my diaper from falling or sliding down any while I tape the top tapes.  Once you get one tape on, it's my experience you can pull the opposite side tighter and tape it with no problem.  Even with my big belly I never have to use a wall for support while putting on my diapers.

16 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I can't get a good fit when laying down, although after I put on my diaper standing I sometimes adjust or tighten the tapes a little if wearing a cloth backed disposable diaper and it stretches a little.  It's funny that I read the people who put their diapers on standing have to do it standing against a wall.  I've never had to use a wall for support in any way while I put my diaper on.  I just hold it in the middle of the back top, pull it up between my legs in front and draw the left bottom tape tight to tape it in front.  It doesn't matter if I let go of the back of my diaper when taping the bottom leg tape because I already have my diaper in position.  Once one tape is on and holding, I can then tape the other bottom tape.  Once they are taped, I can pull the diaper up more if it needs to and then tape the top left, pulling it tight and then the top right.  The bottom tapes keep my diaper from falling or sliding down any while I tape the top tapes.  Once you get one tape on, it's my experience you can pull the opposite side tighter and tape it with no problem.  Even with my big belly I never have to use a wall for support while putting on my diapers.

rusty pins I envy you.  I have to stand next to something like wall or dresser or something to do it.  I have constant pain in my back which hurts while standing for a bit and doing things. So it is easier to put it on while next to something though I do like to lay down from time to time.  Though on the hard floor it also hurts the back.  I can not wait to have a bed to put on a diaper so I do not have to worry about the hard floor.

98% of the time I am laying down.  I have trouble with standing up, but it is the only option sometimes. When I stand up I can never seem to get the fit right.  Although I am a big fat guy so that might have something to do with it :) 

Actually, while I can use the wall, I prefer to use a corner or more often the door frame.   Makes it easier fishing the wings around.
That's for disposables.   For cloth, I do prefer to lie down.