LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

DL's Who Later Became Incontinent By Accident

rusty pins

19 minutes ago, GhostGirl said:

It made part of it harder, because I was resistant to switch over to more "normal" use adult diapers, which added some stretch in the first couple of weeks as I kept trying to stick to the ABDL styles.

I eventually did switch to the normal stuff for everyday use, which was more comfortable and let me keep most of my "style" in tact, which helped me deal with my self image in public, et

Incontinence "just happened" to me. One day dry, the next soaking the underwear. Very self-conscious at first, but dulled with time. Now, I thing to myself, "Wow, you're wearing a diaper and it's wet!" Then I say to myself, "Cool." There is not a time, place, or event in which I'm not diapered. Most people, I've found, are too tuned into themselves and don't notice the tell tale signs of diaper use. You get to a point where you lose all your "shame" and don't care anymore.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ppdude said:

Incontinence "just happened" to me. One day dry, the next soaking the underwear. Very self-conscious at first, but dulled with time. Now, I thing to myself, "Wow, you're wearing a diaper and it's wet!" Then I say to myself, "Cool." There is not a time, place, or event in which I'm not diapered. Most people, I've found, are too tuned into themselves and don't notice the tell tale signs of diaper use. You get to a point where you lose all your "shame" and don't care anymore.

I get that, but I think that advice is not the greatest. There is a man in my support group who intellectually knows that most people do not give a damn, but for the last 40 years, he has felt shame every time he wet himself. Some people don't lost that shame.

The worse part is you never know until you have been at something long enough to feel it one way or the other. That is the hard part about this. I think an ABDL might more easily be able to manage some of those feelings due to the nature of ABDL culture... but it is dangerous to tell people that feeling of shame will go away over time, because if it doesn't for them, it just compounds their "wrongness" if you get what I am saying.

Also, I don't understand why so many people say no one ever notices. I just the first month of school for me, two people have commented. Now they have been supportive more or less, the first one being "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but your protection is leaking..." and the second time was "Are you wearing depends because the baby?" (They were freaking tenas, learn your diaper brands people!! :-p) 

People notice, especially on girls who have their physical bodies scrutinized more. It may be an age thing to. I am younger, and so maybe people are more apt to notice it on me because it is less expected, where as you get older, or if you appear older, it may be more "normal." Who knows. The best advice I have received (I don't think I have had this problem long enough to give advice outside of products that work for me) is to just take it one day at a time, and deal with the struggles and stress of that day, not the ones of yesterday, or the ones you invent for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, GhostGirl said:

and the second time was "Are you wearing depends because the baby?" (They were freaking tenas, learn your diaper brands people!! :-p) 

I am sorry they did that to you though one thing I would ask is how are they to know what the difference is between a depend or a tena  It is not like you can see the diaper through your clothing.  And none AB/DL and none Incon do not know the different brands.

I am still sorry that has happend to you it was wrong and inappropriate for them to make that kind of comment. 

On 9/9/2018 at 5:49 AM, rusty pins said:

I'm curious about people who were DL's and then became incontinent by accident later.  Not those who made themselves incontinent on purpose or DL's who wear 24/7 but are not truly incontinent due to accident.  I'm talking about a person who was a DL and loved wearing diapers but then may have been in an accident that caused them to have permanent incontinence, either bladder or bowel, or had a medical disease that caused their incontinence.  How did you become incontinent and what was the cause?  Prior to your actual incontinence, how often did you wear diapers?  A few times a week, just at home, every day or even 24/7?  The big question is, how did you feel about it at the time when you suddenly became incontinent, a few months later and then how do you feel about it now?  Say you were a DL and then ended up in a car accident or got hurt at work and ended up in the hospital.  When you were told of your incontinence or you discovered after the accident that you could no longer control your bladder or bowels,  Were you really upset about it or did you think, "Oh Boy!  Now I have a real excuse for wearing diapers?"  Did you think, "No big deal because I like wearing diapers anyway!" or was it upsetting, like, "Gee, I like diapers but this really sucks!  I really don't want to have to wear diapers all the time!"   How about, "This is great!  I have to wear diapers which is what I always wanted!"

Now, after a few months, how did you feel?  Was it more like, "I thought this was going to be fun but it really sucks to always have to wear diapers, change all the time and always have to carry spare diapers with me".  Maybe it was more like, "God, I thought this really sucked when I found out I had to wear diapers all the time, but I'm really enjoying it!  I wish I had decided to wear 24/7 a long time ago!"  How about, "Great!  I have to wear diapers for need now and not just because I like to", then a few months later, "This is really starting to suck, wearing diapers all the time day and night every day", and eventually, "It's part of my life and I'm so used to it now so it really doesn't bother me much anymore.  Sometimes an annoyance I have to put up with, but that's how things are now".

Bottom line, are you glad it happened because you love diapers so much (barring any other medical complications other than incontinence like being in a wheel chair or something like that), which it had never happened and wish you were not incontinent, think, "It happened, nothing I can do about it now so I may as well enjoy it as much as I can", or really don't care one way or another? 

I know for me it won't be on accident.  Though I do have some accidents from time to time.  I am going to un-potty train myself and wear diapers for the rest of my life.

8 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

I am sorry they did that to you though one thing I would ask is how are they to know what the difference is between a depend or a tena  It is not like you can see the diaper through your clothing.  And none AB/DL and none Incon do not know the different brands.

That bit was more of meant as a joke :-p

• 3 months later...

I have MS now and was a DL for years and years... I wear a thick one when I go get MRI's with sedation everytime - they ask me about any night time bed wetting and I tell them I have a diaper on and I am set to go - - - -ConfiDry's or Mega Max diapers now and I have no problems