LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

DL's Who Later Became Incontinent By Accident

rusty pins

I'm curious about people who were DL's and then became incontinent by accident later.  Not those who made themselves incontinent on purpose or DL's who wear 24/7 but are not truly incontinent due to accident.  I'm talking about a person who was a DL and loved wearing diapers but then may have been in an accident that caused them to have permanent incontinence, either bladder or bowel, or had a medical disease that caused their incontinence.  How did you become incontinent and what was the cause?  Prior to your actual incontinence, how often did you wear diapers?  A few times a week, just at home, every day or even 24/7?  The big question is, how did you feel about it at the time when you suddenly became incontinent, a few months later and then how do you feel about it now?  Say you were a DL and then ended up in a car accident or got hurt at work and ended up in the hospital.  When you were told of your incontinence or you discovered after the accident that you could no longer control your bladder or bowels,  Were you really upset about it or did you think, "Oh Boy!  Now I have a real excuse for wearing diapers?"  Did you think, "No big deal because I like wearing diapers anyway!" or was it upsetting, like, "Gee, I like diapers but this really sucks!  I really don't want to have to wear diapers all the time!"   How about, "This is great!  I have to wear diapers which is what I always wanted!"

Now, after a few months, how did you feel?  Was it more like, "I thought this was going to be fun but it really sucks to always have to wear diapers, change all the time and always have to carry spare diapers with me".  Maybe it was more like, "God, I thought this really sucked when I found out I had to wear diapers all the time, but I'm really enjoying it!  I wish I had decided to wear 24/7 a long time ago!"  How about, "Great!  I have to wear diapers for need now and not just because I like to", then a few months later, "This is really starting to suck, wearing diapers all the time day and night every day", and eventually, "It's part of my life and I'm so used to it now so it really doesn't bother me much anymore.  Sometimes an annoyance I have to put up with, but that's how things are now".

Bottom line, are you glad it happened because you love diapers so much (barring any other medical complications other than incontinence like being in a wheel chair or something like that), which it had never happened and wish you were not incontinent, think, "It happened, nothing I can do about it now so I may as well enjoy it as much as I can", or really don't care one way or another? 

• Thanks 1

It seems surprisingly common. I guess there's some fantasists around who claim to have become incontinent in that way (not accusing anyone specifically, but there are some stories out there that just don't ring true). Maybe it happens to a lot of people but it's the existing ABDL's who don't mind talking about it! Or maybe it's just "meant to happen" for some who already like diapers, for whatever reason...

It seems surprisingly common. I guess there's some fantasists around who claim to have become incontinent in that way (not accusing anyone specifically, but there are some stories out there that just don't ring true). Maybe it happens to a lot of people but it's the existing ABDL's who don't mind talking about it! Or maybe it's just "meant to happen" for some who already like diapers, for whatever reason...

Or it is the other way round. You have interest in diapers because you feel that there is a starting problem. In my case I was more and more interested as I started having small accidents and this was more and more the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it ironic that it happened actually. Being a DL was one of those things that I didn’t tell anyone about for the longest time, and quite frankly, still haven’t told that many people about. 

I started having incontinence issues about 5 years ago and fought it for a while trying all of the other ways to deal with it first before I chose to just wear diapers and move on with my life. Until I had, I was so stressed out about finding a bathroom in time before I wet or soiled myself. I tried cath, both foleys and the condom style. I couldn’t deal with the Foley’s after being in more than 24 hours at a time. The condom caths a couple times came undone and after that I said never again. Moving to diapers has cut down on the stress tremendously. But, it’s one of those things that you can’t hide very well, so many close friends/ family now know about them. 

So, after a full 18 months of wearing them: Somedays it sucks, Somedays I’m happy about it. If I had to go back to the beginning of when I first started having problems, I would have just chose to wear them full time. 

• Like 1

I had just moved into my condo, and had the chance to really play with diapers, but I had snuck them in a lot over the last few years before. Then one day, I was at work. I was feeling feint all day, but I just assumed it was the heat and I needed more water... then about an hour into work, I passed out, and woke up 9 hours after in the ICU already post op. I had a cancerous tumor on my bladder, it was benign... at least we hope it was. It was a type that could be malignant, but there is no sign of spreading, so we may of caught ti before it became dangerous.

Anyways, the tumor had ripped my bladder and was causing me to bleed internally. That morning, I had felt a sharp pain during my work out, and thought I had just tweaked something. What had happened is the small tear became a not so large tear.

They ended up removing a large portion of my bladder, and while it did not make me incontinent technically, I was left running to the bathroom every 5-20 minutes, and I became functionally incontinent. I was willing to just give up and not even try, but then my doctor talked to me about an implant that can help me.

I have since been doing pelvic floor exercises, and focusing on trying to use the toilet during the day in such a normal way as possible. I still wear, as even though I am improving, I can not sit through an hour and a half lecture without going to the bathroom at least twice, but I wear as thin of stuff as possible without risking leaks, and night time I always wake up wet.

How I feel about it? I hate it. It was fun when it was a choice, but when there is nothing I can do about it. There are times where I am sitting in class, especially in one of my big lectures that by the time I make it to the door, and out, and down the hall, around the corner, to the nearest bathroom, I will have already wet, so... I just sit there in the class, wetting myself, and I hate it so much.

My surgery is scheduled for next March because they don't want to do it while I am pregnant, so...

I was a DL as far back as age 4.  At 34, I sustained a back injury that slowed me down a bit, but pressed through the pain.  At age 39, I was in a bad car accident, which made the back injury much worse.  I started having minor bladder issues soon after.  They were limited to occasional loss of control while doing things that would pinch nerves in my back.  At age 43, I started wetting the bed and wearing diapers every night.  Things slowly progressed from there.  Now, I am 48 and fully bladder incontinent.

Sometimes I don't like it so much, like when I'm doing heavy manual labor.  Sweating all over while wearing a diaper gets uncomfortable very quickly.  Other times, I'm okay with it.  I feel much more calm, now that I wear 24/7.  It's like a piece of me was missing and now it's there.  I still find wearing to be exciting and hope that feeling never goes away.

16 hours ago, GhostGirl said:

My surgery is scheduled for next March because they don't want to do it while I am pregnant, so...

...you're going to be in diapers until then?

I'd try and make the best of it, remember the fact that you enjoyed diapers before. Maternity clothes will make it less obvious and allow you to wear thicker nappies, so less worries about leaks and changes.

Happened to me 20+ years ago. Bad bladder sphincter muscle. To fix it the sphincter is replaced with a "full catheter" which means inserting a tube through a surgically implanted snap-lid; or replacing the sphincter with a mechanical push button. Push to pee. I opted for neither as I liked wearing diapers. For many, this might a dream come true. Careful what you wish for as its not always sugar and spice and puppy dog tails.

1 hour ago, nappylover78 said:

...you're going to be in diapers until then?

I'd try and make the best of it, remember the fact that you enjoyed diapers before. Maternity clothes will make it less obvious and allow you to wear thicker nappies, so less worries about leaks and changes.

The hope is to actually minimize diaper use by then. The plan is that by then, I will hopefully only need a pad or similar as a just case during the day. Hence the exercises, and retaining efforts. The problem for me is I enjoyed them when I knew I could just go back to normal, allowing me to go to the gym, do my daily runs, etc... with the baby, a lot of that stuff has been reduced anyways, like I am not even allowed in the batting cages anymore :-(, but I still try and stay active, and my doctor has only told me to reduce the distance of my daily runs from 4 miles to no more than 2. 

About the only thing that the diapers don't get in the way of is shoulders, chest and arm weight training, and I have been instructed to greatly reduce my weights to a normal person light work out.

To be fair, the baby has harmed my workout routine more than the diapers, but a lot of the stuff left to me after baby considerations is hampered by the diapers. For example, low impact water aerobics and such would be an option, but my gym wont allow me in the pool right now, citing a health risk.

On 9/11/2018 at 2:57 PM, GhostGirl said:

For example, low impact water aerobics and such would be an option, but my gym wont allow me in the pool right now, citing a health risk.

That is seriously absurd.

I'm assuming this is due to incontinence and not the pregnancy. Cause my wife was swimming in a public pool until just a few weeks before the due date. And even if it is due to incontinence, that is not a valid reason to keep anyone out of a pool. If you have fecal issues, just wear a swim diaper. If its just minor urinary issues like you describe, it us a total non issue.  I say that as a decades long aquatics athlete, life guard and pool manager.  What I can't say is if it makes sense to try and fight it... the juice might not be worth the squeeze. 

I was a DL: that wore diapers often 1-2 times a week for many year and then, about the age of 30 my life was severely altered after I had an accident while in the military.  I was in and out of the hospital for the next six months having various surgeries.  It was also during this time that I noticed two things, I was drinking 4-5 gallons of water or ice tea a day and actually starting to develop some incontinence both day and night.    I kept thinking how embarrassing it would be to pee myself in front of all the cute therapists in the hospital, but then my primary nurse says to me, “you could wear diapers for a while, why we do some tests.” Those words sent a hot flush of embarrassment right through me, along with an intense excitement. While my embarrassment was screaming no way, my excitement made me say ok.

Even though my accident had altered areas of sensation in my body, within minutes of having my diaper put on by the cute nurse, I realized I was feeling that familiar intense sexual stimulation, which was something that I feared was gone forever. The soft padding touching my genitals was leaving me with a constant erection that was incredibly arousing inside of a soft crinkly plastic outer layer.

The first few days I was so self-conscious that I was scared to go to therapy. I was sure everyone would hear the crinkle of my diaper and see the bulk of the padding over my non-stop erections, but my therapists were so reassuring and comforting that my embarrassment soon faded. 

The incontinence continued to worsen over the next few weeks and more tests were run when they finally diagnosed me with a chronic neurogenic bladder with related mixed urinary incontinence as the result of diabetes insipidus with polyuria and chronic bladder dilation.

Realizing this was going to be a lifelong medical issue, the doctors and nurses suggested that I try condom catheters or catheters to control the incontinence and seemed surprised when I told them I wanted to stay in diapers as I feel they are easier to deal with.  They then said as long as the diapers didn’t cause any irritations, it made sense to stay in them.  But truth be told, I realized I was now actually happy that it was official that I needed to wear diapers. It was the first moment I felt there was a benefit in being disabled. Yea it does have inconvenient aspects, but I am so lucky to be turned on by diapers. Instead of feeling miserable over being incontinent, my disability was now forcing me to live my diaper fetish.

• Like 1

I do well over a gallon each day in the summer, and when I worked hard in the direct sun that was doubled. But I sweat profusely like you wouldn't believe which is where most of that goes. I actually pee more through the rest of the year even though I drink less. Maybe someone is overestimating a bit but I can believe half of that ?

Bettypooh

14 hours ago, Mr. Sea Otter said:

That is seriously absurd.

I'm assuming this is due to incontinence and not the pregnancy. Cause my wife was swimming in a public pool until just a few weeks before the due date. And even if it is due to incontinence, that is not a valid reason to keep anyone out of a pool. If you have fecal issues, just wear a swim diaper. If its just minor urinary issues like you describe, it us a total non issue.  I say that as a decades long aquatics athlete, life guard and pool manager.  What I can't say is if it makes sense to try and fight it... the juice might not be worth the squeeze. 

It is a gym... which is women only, and the only one like it with the equipment I use. (The two other women only gyms in walking distance from me weights max out at 10, have bikes only, and focus mostly on Pilates and yoga classes.) So yeah, it is not really worth making a fuss about. The limitations on my workout will pass in a few months, so it is just annoying as feck right now.

6 hours ago, vvp39 said:

"...I was drinking 4-5 gallons of water or ice tea a day..."

Not buyin' that....

Five gallons of water weigh 62 pounds....

Yeah. Seems like that's a lot more than you could possibly hold. My wife sometimes did a 1/2 gallon in a day, and that seemed like a lot. That was her limit.

16 hours ago, vvp39 said:

Not buyin' that....

If you live in a warm/tropical climate, you can drink quite a lot and just lose it through sweat, even without doing much physical work. I go through a bit over a gallon a day if I'm not particularly active, and about 2-3 gallons if I'm doing a lot of physical work. 

• Like 1

For me I guess it was the other way round. I have always had a weakish bladder but my incontinence mad it's self known as I reached my late 40's. By the time I reached 50 my underwear was always damp and smelly by the end of the day and I was wetting the bed most nights. My wife suggested nappies and it wasn't long before I realised I actually enjoyed being in them. I gave up fighting to stay dry and let the inevitable happen. Now I am urinary incontinent, dependant on nappies and couldn't be happier.

22 hours ago, vvp39 said:

Not buyin' that....

Read a little about Diabetes Insipidus. You will also pee 20 or more times a days constantly thirty and peeing.  For the test the restrict you from fluids and measure urine and blood values as well as volume.  during the last test, I lost 18 pounds of just fluid in a little over 18 hours through urination.  Believe it or not, it is a medical issue.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheBabyPants said:

...I lost 18 pounds of just fluid in a little over 18 hours through urination.  Believe it or not, it is a medical issue.

That's A LOT!!! You must've been retaining a lot of water as it couldn't all be pee could it?

On 9/15/2018 at 2:51 AM, TheBabyPants said:

I was a DL: that wore diapers often 1-2 times a week for many year and then, about the age of 30 my life was severely altered after I had an accident while in the military.  I was in and out of the hospital for the next six months having various surgeries.  It was also during this time that I noticed two things, I was drinking 4-5 gallons of water or ice tea a day and actually starting to develop some incontinence both day and night.    I kept thinking how embarrassing it would be to pee myself in front of all the cute therapists in the hospital, but then my primary nurse says to me, “you could wear diapers for a while, why we do some tests.” Those words sent a hot flush of embarrassment right through me, along with an intense excitement. While my embarrassment was screaming no way, my excitement made me say ok.

Even though my accident had altered areas of sensation in my body, within minutes of having my diaper put on by the cute nurse, I realized I was feeling that familiar intense sexual stimulation, which was something that I feared was gone forever. The soft padding touching my genitals was leaving me with a constant erection that was incredibly arousing inside of a soft crinkly plastic outer layer.

The first few days I was so self-conscious that I was scared to go to therapy. I was sure everyone would hear the crinkle of my diaper and see the bulk of the padding over my non-stop erections, but my therapists were so reassuring and comforting that my embarrassment soon faded. 

The incontinence continued to worsen over the next few weeks and more tests were run when they finally diagnosed me with a chronic neurogenic bladder with related mixed urinary incontinence as the result of diabetes insipidus with polyuria and chronic bladder dilation.

Realizing this was going to be a lifelong medical issue, the doctors and nurses suggested that I try condom catheters or catheters to control the incontinence and seemed surprised when I told them I wanted to stay in diapers as I feel they are easier to deal with.  They then said as long as the diapers didn’t cause any irritations, it made sense to stay in them.  But truth be told, I realized I was now actually happy that it was official that I needed to wear diapers. It was the first moment I felt there was a benefit in being disabled. Yea it does have inconvenient aspects, but I am so lucky to be turned on by diapers. Instead of feeling miserable over being incontinent, my disability was now forcing me to live my diaper fetish.

I was going to share an abbreviated summary of my "About Me" section that I wrote over a year ago (I'm guessing mods can verify when?), but then I saw you already share my paragraphs 5 & 6 for me under your name here... :unsure:

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/profile/15703-wheels/

I became incontinent as the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. At first, the idea of having to wear a diaper was a turn off. However, I discovered that wearing and wetting diapers feels good; and that was how I became a diaper lover. So things worked the other way around for me. Instead of loving diapers first and then later having to wear them, I needed them first and then learned to like them.

20 hours ago, TheBabyPants said:

...I lost 18 pounds of just fluid in a little over 18 hours through urination.  Believe it or not, it is a medical issue.

19 hours ago, ppdude said:

That's A LOT!!! You must've been retaining a lot of water as it couldn't all be pee could it?

In college I once weighed myself on a huge scale, on which the needle would pulse to your heartbeat, both before and after a 3 hour gymnastics workout.  According to it I had lost 5 lbs., which I'm sure was mostly water weight.  I drank nothing during this time, trained quite hard and was drenched in sweat.  When healthy it seems to me it would be quite hard to naturally sustain such a high rate of water loss.  I couldn't say how chemicals and illness might alter that.

17 hours ago, Wheels said:

I was going to share an abbreviated summary of my "About Me" section that I wrote over a year ago (I'm guessing mods can verify when?), but then I saw you already share my paragraphs 5 & 6 for me under your name here... :unsure:

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/profile/15703-wheels/

Weird that TheBabyPants would cut and paste the words of another's profile story.  Thanks for the data.

I have thought about this myself, what if I became incontinent? No way I would want to despite being a DL. There are times where no diapers are preferred or I want to be able to have control. That being said, I cannot imagine that being a DL would not help ease the pain of losing bladder control??? I know some of you said you did not like losing control, but did being and DL help ease the transition?

6 hours ago, PullUpDiaperLover said:

I have thought about this myself, what if I became incontinent? No way I would want to despite being a DL. There are times where no diapers are preferred or I want to be able to have control. That being said, I cannot imagine that being a DL would not help ease the pain of losing bladder control??? I know some of you said you did not like losing control, but did being and DL help ease the transition?

It made part of it harder, because I was resistant to switch over to more "normal" use adult diapers, which added some stretch in the first couple of weeks as I kept trying to stick to the ABDL styles.

I eventually did switch to the normal stuff for everyday use, which was more comfortable and let me keep most of my "style" in tact, which helped me deal with my self image in public, etc...