LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Instead of writing...

I haven't posted an update to Finding New Things since last November so of course when I sat down recently to write I didn't write. I sat down and decided to write a little for an idea I've had for a world that is pretty much our world, no giant amazons, no traveling to other universes, just a kid about to go to school in a new town. Only in this world sometime many years in the past a mutation ended up spreading throughout humanity that means a higher percentage of people are born with continence problems than in our world and then at puberty many people find that one of the changes that occurs is even more loss of continence. Which has resulted in a world where incontinence it much more common and as a result no one is surprised by the idea of someone they know wearing diapers or a pad/guard. And because of the possibility of things getting worse at puberty there's even a small percentage of the population who figure that it's a waste of time and energy to obsess about getting a kid potty trained when they may end up losing control before they're even out of school and some who even see it as cruelly getting their hopes up. The kid in my story idea pretty much potty trained himself, only to find that after a move he's living in a town where there is such a high percentage of fully or mostly incontinent people that mandatory diapers are actually written into the school dress code.

Now I could hand wave the numbers (I already plan on not trying to give a scientific explanation of how this works, and none of the characters I've come up with are really likely to have an, "As you know Bob, the world's continence issues started with the Atlantean Flu Epidemic of 1612 which changed strand XYZ of our DNA..." conversation) but next thing I knew I'd written a Python program takes a number of births and outputs the percentage who are fully continent at birth (or at least capable of being potty trained without issue), will have minor continence problems, moderate, or are stuck being fully incontinent. And then what those numbers will be for that population once they hit puberty. All so I can play around with numbers that I could hand wave anyway. I have at least had some world building thoughts occur to me while working on the program, so, yeah.

So have you found yourself sitting down to write and then going off in a completely different direction?

Now to see if I can actually get more written for Finding New Things.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the same thing a lot!

This random generator comes from one such digression, and generates the symptoms caused by one of the monster types in one of my settings:

https://perchance.org/7zq5f7t476

Another time I wrote a big long worldbuilding thing about an A/B/O setting I have yet to actually write a story for.

But usually overanalyzing like this ends up helping me out eventually. It adds hidden depth to the story.