LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Keeper's Pet - Part 14 (Updated 3/27)

14 hours ago, Jugemu said:

Always thrilled to see another update!

It was great to finally be in a mental/emotional place where I could write!  I'm actually hoping to revive "Save Yourself" soon.

14 hours ago, SGTbaby said:

I like that they settled things as animals as it keeps the the,e going and continues to shed light on the keeperverse. 

The worldspace and this story has definitely evolved as I've written it - the tone of the two main characters has changed a lot since chapter 1, I don't consider this my best work because of this, but I really intended the first chapter to be the whole story and I had to expand to give myself more room to tell stories.  It went way darker than I expected, but as of Part 9, I feel like we're finally back on track to where I want to be tonally.

Which means it gets fun again from here :D

13 hours ago, herezulo said:

Glad to see you back! This chapter was well worth the wait.

Aww thanks!  I don't have anything else to share yet, I wrote and shared Part 9 essentially in 1 sitting.  But I hope to write more often :D

*Expresses gratitude and excitement to see Kimmy return with a new chapter of Keeper's Pet.*

*Conveys my elation at the events which transpired in this particular chapter which made me feel very positive feelings*

*Self aware joke at this strange comment format I've chosen for some reason*

*Hearts and smiling emojis*

11 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

*Expresses gratitude and excitement to see Kimmy return with a new chapter of Keeper's Pet.*

*Conveys my elation at the events which transpired in this particular chapter which made me feel very positive feelings*

*Self aware joke at this strange comment format I've chosen for some reason*

*Hearts and smiling emojis*

Glad you enjoyed it ;)

I'm looking forward to the ride to the pet store :D

• 2 weeks later...

Part 10

Kara looked strangely happy as the lid of the trunk closed, sealing her in.  She had promised me that she really didn't mind, but I still felt bad - I was the new girl, she should get to ride in the carrier.

My heart skipped a beat as the moment neared, when my Keeper would lift me into the carrier and settle me in before locking the door and securing me in place... I felt giddy, hoping dreamily that the reality of the situation would live up to the fantasy in my head.  Kara's Keeper walked toward the driver's seat as my Keeper opened the back door, pulling me along by the leash attached to the ring at the front of my collar.  She didn't need it, I'd go anywhere and do anything she wanted, but I wasn't about to turn it down, either.  I felt so safe on the end of that leash, so secure... so loved.

The carrier was gorgeous, a clear clamshell design with a wire door, sitting in place of one of the segments of the bench in the back of the car - I could actually see Kara laying down through the back panel of the carrier - it filled the same space as the seat once had, after all... I just hadn't thought about that.  She looked comfortable, laying on one side and hugging a long pillow... the carrier looked lavish, however.  Velvety cushions lined the bottom of the device, white and fuzzy - they looked so soft.  Mistress pulled me to the opening and guided me inside, where I settled down quickly on the soft fabric.  It made me realize that Lana must love Kara just as much as I loved my own Keeper.

The door to the carrier clicked closed as the latches on the top and bottom were secured - I couldn't get out if I tried.  There was something comforting about that, about knowing that I had no choice, about knowing that Mistress would care for me no matter what, that she would make my choices for me.  That she loved me just as deeply as I loved her, that she would forever.  It was dark in the trunk but with a little maneuvering, I could see Kara.  I placed my hand on the clear plastic that separated us and smiled at her, trying to reassure her.  She was hugging a pillow and scooted nearer to me, as best she could among the empty reusable shopping bags and other odds-and-ends scattered about her.

"Sorry you're in there," I said quietly.

"It's okay," she smiled back.  Her blonde hair cascaded over her shoulder and across her t-shirt... she was so pretty.  "Lana's going to take me out to dinner and- "

"Eleni!" the voice of my Keeper split the air like the crack of a whip, sharp and warning.  I jumped, bonking my head on the roof of the carrier as I scrambled to turn around to face her... she sounded cross.  But when our eyes met she had a small, amused smile dancing on her lips.  "You're cute and I love you."

My whole world melted at her praise, as the fear was washed away in the warm glow of her kindness.  She had only been teasing.  She loved me.

This was my first car trip as a Pet, and I was quite excited - enough to ignore the irritation of the navy blue top my owner had put on me - it was cute, a good cut... but I much preferred going topless.  I was practically an animal now, why bother?  The thought stirred something in me and without thinking, my hand slid down to the crotch of the thick pink diaper.  It was so soft, so comfortable.  Before the Bond, I had only been mildly curious about diapers - it was part of being a Pet, but I figured I'd find them confining and stupid, I had been much more excited about the collars and mittens and kneepads... but I had been very pleasantly surprised.

Now I never wanted to be out of that thick padding.  The rustle of the plastic covering only excited me further as I dug my fingers in, pressing on that soft pink shell.  Mine were so much cuter than Kara's too, I almost felt bad for her.  Diapers had become the second or third most enjoyable part of being a Pet, the soft squish of the padding felt so wonderful... almost as good as the next fresh, dry one my Keeper would tape me into would be.  Changes were guaranteed moments of intimate attention and bonding.  And sex.  Sex was always a real possibility with changing times.

I had never orgasmed in my pre-Pet life.  Now I did multiple times per day.

"Eleni no," Lana's voice came from the driver's seat.  "You need to control yourself, we're going in public."

My cheeks flared crimson as I looked out of the grate covering the front of my plush, tiny prison.  My own Keeper was grinning at me, I had been scolded by Kara's keeper - that was somehow even more embarrassing.

"Sorry," I whimpered as I withdrew my hand.

"Good girl for listening, Eleni.  You're such a good pet.  Your Keeper will take oh-so-good care of you when we get home, I promise.  My pretty pet, my sweet girl."

I rolled my eyes at Eleni getting caught touching herself during the car ride - though it had happened to me early on, too.  The sensations that came along with the body changes, the way your Keeper's words could light your brain on fire... it was often just too much, touching yourself was the natural response.  Still, it was strange to see someone else in a familiar predicament.

I hadn't ridden in the trunk of a car in a long time - it actually wasn't that bad with the seat section removed and some view into the cabin.  The worst part of trunk-riding was the isolation and fear that someone was going to rear-end the car and cause serious damage... even though most cars were designed with protecting Pet passengers in the back, it was still nerve-wracking.

The drive was over quickly enough, Eleni and I chatted about My Best Friend's Keeper, though if I were completely honest about it, there was still a tiny tension, some small discomfort between the two of us.  I gladly and gratefully stretched my legs after Lana let me out, pouting only the smallest amount as she secured the clip of the leash on my collar.  The tiny weight of the clip dangling from my throat was irritating, a constant reminder of my position.  The most infuriating part about it was my complete inability to remove it... it was just a simple clip, before Lana's conditioning I could have reached up and undone it - but just like the diapers, my hands just didn't work the way I wanted them to.

"Mmm," a happy murmur from Eleni brought me back to reality and I looked over to see her rubbing her face against Celia's shoulder while the newest Keeper of the house clipped Eleni's leash on.  And she loved it, she preened as the clip closed.  Celia turned away and an enormous grin spread across Eleni's stupid face as she fumbled with the clasp.

She liked it.

That was now the most infuriating thing.

She trotted along happily, half a step behind Celia as we headed into the store.  There were many Keeper/Pet pairs shopping, and several individuals - Unbound or Keepers, no Pet would be shopping alone.

I felt a hand on my butt and spun around, tugging on the leash slightly and halting Lana's steps.

"She's so cute!" a young voice said - the voice of the hand that was squeezing my diaper.  My eyes narrowed sharply as I glowered at the high schooler - a popular-girl type, the sort of girl I would have gotten along with in my own youth, but now I just couldn't stand them.  It was looking at who I had been, when I had complete freedom.  She had dark roots that faded to a blonde similar to my natural color, wavy and beautiful.  She wore a purple sweater with the sleeves bunched up and a short black skirt... she couldn't be older than seventeen or eighteen, and neither were her two similarly peppy friends.  "Look at her, you're so lucky!  I want a Pet like her."

"Fuck off-" I began, but was quickly cut off.

"Would you like to pet her?" Lana offered, stepping closer.

"Oh yes!" she crowed, her eyes lighting up as she bounced and clapped a tiny, fluttering clap.

"Lana, I don't-"

"Hands and knees, Kara," Lana said sternly.  "We don't curse at people."

"Oh, they can pet me!" Eleni offered quickly, stepping over in some misguided attempt to rescue me.

My heart thundered in my chest as Lana glared down at me, pulling slightly on the leash to remind me it was there.  I felt my knees quiver under her gaze and I broke eye contact, looking down... which triggered a chorus of giggles.  My cheeks burned as I weighed my options.  Defeat was inevitable, I was going to end up on the ground in this store in front of those girls.  Resistance wouldn't get me what I wanted.

I dropped to my hands and knees on the cold floor and took a deep breath... when I opened my eyes, Eleni was right there next to me and moments later, young hands were sliding through our hair as we were showered with compliments on how shiny our hair was, how soft it was, how cute we were, how cute the diapers were... and my reaction could not have been more different from Eleni's.  I loathed every microsecond, every displaced strand, every vacuous compliment.  Eleni preened, thanking them, turning her head this way and that so they could get to a spot behind her ear, and she actually encouraged them to stroke her nose!  I enjoyed that, but only when Lana did it, I'd never let a stranger touch my face willingly.

"Thank you!" the apparent clique-leader beamed as she reached behind my ear and scritched.

I wasn't sure what came over me but the urge to snap at her, to bite her, came out of nowhere - like an itch at the back of my brain.  I felt my lips curl back and my teeth bare as my mouth opened... and a jerk on the leash snapped me out of it.

"She's a good girl," Lana said, leaning down and lifting me into her arms.  I felt shaky, my heart was beating like a hummingbird trapped in my ribcage and I wrapped my arms around her neck, burying my face and inhaling her scent.  "She's not great with strangers, we're working on it."

"She's adorable," one of the other girls sang, deepening my embarrassment.  "This one is such a sweetie, though.  Look at her!  Do you like being a Pet?"

"Oh yes," Eleni squeaked gleefully.  "It's the best thing ever!  My Keeper loves me and we're here to buy me my very own carrier and cage!"

"Oh.  My.  God," the first girl gushed.  "I want a Pet so badly."

"I hope you're the Pet," I muttered into Lana's neck, grouchy and grumpy that this was even allowed.

But I had been them once.  Waiting and watching for my own Pet.  A dream long gone.  Eleni was the total and complete opposite and I could practically feel Celia bursting with pride at her humiliating display.

I felt Lana's hand gently patting the back of my diaper as she held me in her arms... and for the first time I wished that I did feel the way Eleni felt, gleeful and giddy at being a Pet.  I wished it could have been that easy for me, to give in that way, to enjoy my position as completely in public as I did in private.  In Lana's bed, I was all Pet and that was great... I just couldn't seem to get over the eyes and hands of strangers.

"They were nice," Eleni laughed as we resumed walking, me in Lana's arms.

This wasn't so bad.

The cage display was just as magnificent as I remembered.  A line of them half the length of the store, gleaming and glorious.  Cage after cage, promising to hold Pets safely, to give them a space of their own, a place to cherish and feel safe, a place to keep them out of trouble.  They ranged from simple to extravagant - bare metal all the way up to plush mini-houses complete with TVs.  I sure wouldn't mind one of those, but I knew it was unlikely.  Lana was a far cry from rich.  Mine wasn't one of the very basic models, but it wasn't fancy either - it had a soft bottom to it and places where Lana could reach in and touch me easily.  I wouldn't like the very basic ones, I'd feel quite cut off from her if she couldn't pet me at all while I was in it.

Eleni's eyes were wide, her hands clenched at her chest, gaping at the array.  I remembered that feeling.

It was weird, but I really liked my cage - I knew I should hate it, that I should rail against it and refuse to go in it... but I didn't.  My mind drifted back to Eleni in my spot, Celia in Lana's spot, and my cheeks burned with unbidden shame at how I had acted, at how I had screamed at poor Eleni, the awful things I had said.  My chest felt tight, my eyes stung as I clung to Lana tighter.

My Keeper.

"I want to be more like Eleni," I whispered, not really to Lana but to the world.

"I want you to be you," Lana whispered back, planting a kiss on my cheek and warming my heart.  "Now let's help Eleni pick out something comfortable."

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Pudding said:

Ah! The story comes finally to the codifying sequence from my dream! :D That was so fun, and so much better than my original dream idea. You're such a good writer Kimblebee <3 

It's true!  This was the scene that started it all, but it's not quite the original vision.  I like it though :D  Glad you're enjoying it <3

1 hour ago, Auntie Elisa said:

Oh my, I'm not normally one for this sort of story but I'd be lying if I didn't say that my mind was slightly wandering and fantasising while reading this, great job!

That seems to be the pretty standard reaction:  I'm not into petplay buuuut....

Petplay and CG/l are pretty damned close IMO.  A Pet is just a Little who is so subby/smol/little that they no longer qualify as human and that's HOT.  I have really enjoyed sharing this interest with everyone and I'm glad that even if it's not your thing that the story is compelling and stimulating.

• Like 1
On 12/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, Wannatripbaby said:

I never thought about the whole being groped by strangers part of being a Pet. Wow. I'm not sure how I'd react to that if I were a Pet...

Yeah, that made me uneasy - I wouldn't consider it OK to force a dog who wasn't comfortable being petted by strangers, for instance. But I'm not surprised that Lana went there - if there's one thing we've learned about her, it's that ANY amount of resistance sets off her domineering instincts. I wonder if we're going to see this issue explored further...

These were two good chapters. I was pleased to see that the pets were able to come to terms as it were with their living together. I hope to see their friendship blossom more with time. I am also really liking Lana more and more. I like how she thinks. She is kind yet firm she thinks and acts with compassion. Like with all your stories, you are doing a fantastic job writing this. I was pleased to give it a like. 

• 3 months later...

Part 11

I hated to admit it, but trying out the cages had been fun.  Lana had me try out several just in case we had to swap in a pinch - it was made quite clear that Eleni would be using my things and I would be using hers as well.  It rankled at first, but the cages they were looking at were actually nicer than mine... so honestly, I would have been more upset if it had been exclusively Eleni's.  It's not that I disliked her, but the idea of her having strictly better stuff than me was quite irksome.  Another group of Unbonded, college-age kids this time... Eleni's age, came by to ogle us.

Despite her preening and her posing, I was getting more attention.  Despite her gorgeous red hair, her shining white smile, and her eagerness to please... they were looking at me.  Maybe it was the way Lana commanded me, maybe it was the top I was wearing, maybe it was something else - either way, I was enjoying the attention.  

Way more than I expected.

When I finally realized how deeply into the Pet role I was getting, I was on my hands and knees in the store at Lana's feet, nuzzling against her legs while a girl cooed to her boyfriend about how cute I looked.

Cute.

It hit me like a truck, this overwhelming surge of awareness.  The moment froze, the world seemed to change colors, and it felt as though someone had dumped ice in my blood - I was performing.  I was debasing myself in exchange for hollow praise.  I was reveling in it - almost as much as Eleni, but not quite.  My redheaded Pet-friend was on her back on the floor with her hands curled up on her chest and her knees in the air, exposing her obviously wet diaper between her spread thighs, as a woman who couldn't be older than she was rubbed her tummy.  I was mortified on her behalf... but she was happy.  Celia was happy.  Lana was happy, her fingers buried in my hair and massaging my scalp gently as she crouched next to me, whispering into my ear what a "good girl" I was.

"Good girl."

I was conditioned to crave those words, to seek them, to do whatever Lana wanted while she was saying them.  I felt disconnected in that moment, my body willing, my mind happy, but some small part of me angry and resentful at the public display.

But the look in her eyes.  Lana's eyes.

What I saw there wasn't domination, it wasn't lust, it wasn't the grip of anything negative.  She wasn't humiliating me out of some instinct or perverse desire... she was showing me love in the way that made sense to her now, in the way that we had been living for years.  Keeper and Pet.  And something in me changed, shifted, melted away... my resistance.  My anger.

She wasn't perfect but she loved me.  She never wanted to hurt me.  She wanted to protect me and keep me always.

It wasn't my dream life, it wasn't me leading a beautiful Pet on a leash and basking in the glamor of it, it wasn't feeling another body beneath me, eager and willing and begging for my attention.  But it was love.  It was the Bond, but it was love beyond even that.  The Bond drove her, but that wasn't what I felt here, it wasn't what I was sensing.  Lana loved me deeply, cared for my kindly, wanted to provide for me.

And I felt myself finally, finally, after years of holding onto some kernel of resentment that I wasn't the Keeper... I felt myself let go.

I leaned into her hand, turning my head slightly and guiding her toward my cheek.  I nuzzled her, a thing I had done many times... but generally in the privacy of our own room.  Generally in the throes of the Bond  But this was different.

And I hoped she felt it.

We gathered our tickets - one for the cage and one for the carrier - and they paid.  I couldn't remember what the last thing I paid for myself was... normally that sort of sudden thought might bother me, but I felt at peace now.  We scheduled the delivery for the cage and the installation for the carrier and headed home.  I rode in the trunk again, but my mind was on a trip to Ruby's and a delicious steak.

It had been a good day after all - and I had hope that there would be more to come.  I might have been a Pet for longer, but I had things to learn from Eleni.  Surprisingly, I was looking forward to it.

Eleni was settled in.  The cage was another fixture in the house.  Marcie had been spending a LOT of time with her new girlfriend and practically lived with her at this point - Celia and I had taken to teasing her and asking which one of them was the Pet and which was the Keeper, but Marcie had stopped rising to take the bait.  We were starting to wonder if she was going to move out for good - neither of us wanted that, but I understood.

I sometimes wondered if I would be capable of love with an Unbonded.  It had been years since I had been in a romantic relationship, years before I met Kara - I just didn't think any emotion could ever compare to the love and compassion that I had for her.

Watching her grow close to Eleni was nice.  The two of them often curled up together in one cage or another - often Eleni's since it had heating coils built into the bottom, under the waterproof cushions.  The pair of Pets were adorable together, tiny, cute, and helpless.  It warmed my heart.  Celia had told me a few days prior that she had caught the two of them making out in the kitchen one afternoon - I believed it, they were alone together all day, after all.  They had so much in common and so much time to discuss it... but they were so different at the same time.  I was sure they had hours upon hours of conversation during the days while their Keepers worked, while we did our jobs to make sure that they had food in their bowls and diapers for their bottoms.  To make sure that they had TV to watch and a warm place to sleep.

I envied them.

Even as Celia and I played our game, our favorite pastime other than lavishing attention on our Pets, I envied them.

I loved Kara, more than I ever thought I could love anything or anyone - that love hadn't faded in the years that I had owned her, it was just as intense now as that day that we first locked eyes.  They day that she had changed.

The day she became less than human.

The thing that I had wanted more than anything.

I had never told anyone that desire, but even now it clawed at the back of my mind.  Even now as Celia and I killed another zombie horde threatening our digital home, that wish was there.

Why wasn't it me?

I wanted to be carried.  I wanted to be comforted.  I wanted to be small and cute and cuddled.  I could never talk to anyone about these feelings - who wanted to be a Pet, after all?  Everyone had assumed I would be a Keeper my whole life, since I was so tall.  How could anyone know that in my heart of hearts, I wanted to be the small one in the cage?

I didn't understand it myself... and honestly, I had thought I was alone in that desire until Celia had met Eleni.

"You took her name, for the love of... " I muttered as I clicked away, exploding heads even as my heart twisted.

"What?" Celia asked, glancing over to me.

"We've got this game," I repeated falsely.  "Watch the top left."

"On it," Celia grinned, delightfully dismembering our foes.

She had taken her Pet's name away... and I envied Eleni.  She didn't have a job, she didn't have any responsibility at all, she just had to be cute and happy and please Celia.  She got everything I wanted.

Everything.

I looked over at Celia, wishing for the millionth time that she were my Keeper.

Eleni had gotten her wish.  My wish.  She wanted it too, of course, and I was happy for Celia - she got her wish too.  A perfect Pet, willing and obedient, sexy, playful, and joyous - and according to Celia, insatiable in bed.

I watched out of the corner of my eye as my Pet, my Kara, softly stroked Eleni's naked back as they snuggled inside the cage.  I felt my Keeper instincts rouse and I knew I would take my Pet again tonight.  I needed her.  I wanted her.

I enjoyed being a Keeper - not to the degree that Celia did, but I did enjoy it.  I enjoyed Kara's devotion.  I enjoyed the feelings that her thousands of tiny rebellions stirred in me.  I don't think I could have been as happy with a completely willing Pet like Eleni - catching and "punishing" Kara was fun.  Dressing her up was fun.  Painting her nails, styling her hair, enjoying her body and her company.  I enjoyed being her Keeper.

But I didn't think I'd ever get over that touch of envy.  She was even smaller now than that day in the supermarket, that day I had felt myself change.  The image of her sharp, grey eyes staring into mine as the feeling overtook us was etched into my brain for eternity, that crystal clear moment where we Bonded, where the course of our lives was changed forever.

The moment my dream withered and a new fire took its place... but never filled that place where the dream of being a Pet had existed.

"Yes!" Celia crowed.  "Legendary rank!  Good job, Lana!  You were on fire!"

"Yeah," I grinned, savoring that thrill of victory.  Another achievement gained, another trophy unlocked.  Winning.  We high-fived and I stretched, faking a yawn.  "I think that's it for me though.  I have an early day tomorrow and a Pet to cuddle."

"How was Ruby's?" she asked, grinning at the sight of her own Pet snuggled up with mine.

"It was good," I answered quietly.  "And it was good for Kara, honestly.  I mean, not so great for her body - her next change is going to smell awful.  It always does after she gets her hands on non-Pet food, but it was good for her emotionally.  I don't think she'll ever fully adjust to being a Pet."

"Haven't things been better?"

"Oh definitely," I agreed, "Eleni has been really good for her too.  Kara's just so... independent.  Willful.  I wonder if she would have been better off with another Keeper."

I stared over at my Pet, cuddling Celia's and seeming to be content - but I knew she was never content, not really.  I loved her - truly, madly, deeply - we had lots of fun together and even though she seemed to have gotten used to life as a Pet, she had never wanted it.  Would never want it.  She'd always want... something more.

It took me a moment to realize that Celia was gaping at me.

"What?" I asked, suddenly feeling quite self-conscious.

"You're kidding, right?  Lana... Kara loves you."

"I never said she didn't."

"Kara is a handful.  You're perfect for her.  You're patient and loving and kind, you dote on her."

"I keep forcing her into situations she doesn't want... "

"She doesn't want anything," Celia hissed.  I glanced over at the Pets again, but they didn't seem to notice our conversation.  "She wants to struggle, to fight, to feel like things could have gone differently in some other reality.  She wants to do anything and everything to resist, Kara.  And you allow it, you allow her to retain that independent spirit where other Keepers would have conditioned her out of it, you could have argued that it's for her own good.  Hell girl, you still could... but you won't."

"Of course not!" I gasped, my voice elevated but quiet.  Whisper-yelling.  "I don't want to change who she is!"

"And that's why you're the best Keeper for her.  You are perfect for her.  Stop beating yourself up about missteps and mistakes.  Nobody's perfect, but you sure as hell try."

"Lana?"  I heard Kara's voice drift across the apartment, pulling me back to reality, out of the stunned surprise that Celia's suggestion had instilled in me.  "I'm sleepy, can we go cuddle?"

"Of course," I felt the warm smile spread across my lips unbidden.

It didn't matter that this wasn't the life I imagined.  It didn't matter that I had more responsibility than I really cared for, and no one to really care for me - not the way I cared for Kara.  She was perfect and I did like the way she made me feel.  I did like being a Keeper.  I certainly loved my Pet.

I moved to collect her, my heart full and happy as I bundled her into my arms, patting her diaper as I carried her back toward the bedroom.

You don't always get what you want in life, but with a little luck you can find your own happiness in your situation.  The path to happiness lies in your own heart, in finding joy where you can and love where it is.

Even if that love isn't what you imagined when you were young.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, HyperShark said:

Wonderful as always Kimmy!

Good to see you getting back.

Thanks!  You're not rid of me yet, I still have stories to tell.

There will be more Keeper's Pet tomorrow <3

Part 12

"What do you mean you're going out on a date?"  The last word seemed to echo as it came from my lips.  "You've never gone on a date!"

"I have," Lana laughed, ruffling my hair.  "Just not since I got you."

"Well I'm still here," I said defensively - why did this even bother me?  We weren't dating, we weren't married, we weren't technically a romantic couple... lots of Keepers were married, it only made sense that Lana might want that.  But that didn't change how I felt about it.

And I felt like I was being replaced.  Ignored.  Discarded.

"Sweet girl," Lana smiled down at me, stroking my cheek.  Completely unfazed!  "You sound jealous.  It's just a date, Kara."

My name sounded so strange on her lips this way, like an equal.  Not like a Pet.

"But you're mine," I whined.  Again, I said things I didn't expect but I leaned into it, I let my feelings lead and I followed.  "You're mine!  We have sex like every night, I gave up everything for you!"

With a heavy sigh, my Keeper sat down on the couch next to me and pulled me into her lap.  I pulled away, I tried to evade her grasp, but she had a finger hooked in my collar... and after years of being with her, I knew that there was no escape.  Better to just give in.  I leaned my head on her shoulder, her finger still holding me close - she wasn't done with me.

"I know you didn't choose this, sweetie.  You didn't choose to give up everything.  And I know this isn't going to feel fair," she paused to kiss my temple.  My heart fluttered at her gentle touch.  "But neither did I.  I didn't choose to be a Keeper, and I didn't choose to give up the love of an equal.  Kara, it's been years since someone held me.  And I met a really nice person and we're going on a date."

I could only blink at this.

Even I was kind of dating now - Eleni and I had been more than friends for a few months now.  Pets didn't really date, per se, but we cared for each other, we were kind to each other, we helped each other when we were sad and we kept each other company... she felt like my girlfriend, more than Lana sometimes.

Guilt flushed my cheeks red as it hit me that I had more companionship than Lana.

I nodded.

"Where are you going on your date?" I asked quietly, burying my face in her neck, breathing in her scent.

"Just dinner," her voice was low and soothing, and I felt her finally release the collar before she began stroking my hair.  "Just a nice dinner.  Celia promised she'd take care of you tonight, you and Eleni will be fine together, right?"

"You... you're jealous of Eleni?" I asked, stunned.  It was a hint in her voice, the lightest strain, the faintest pain.

"I'm not jealous.  I'm just going to have a nice dinner with a new friend... who might turn out to be more, that's all.  I love you, I adore you, you're the most wonderful Pet, you're the perfect Pet to me."

"I hope you have a good date," I whispered to her, nuzzling her cheek with my nose before planting a small kiss there.  "I bet he's really nice."

"Thanks Kara," her hand slid up my arm to my shoulder.  She guided my chin with her fingers, tilting my eyes upward to look into hers.  "You're a good girl."

"It's just a date," Eleni nudged me, her teeth brushing against the line of my jaw.  Even though I had my own cage, I spent more time in Eleni's lately.  "She's just going to eat dinner and be awkward and realize that no one can love her the way you do!  You two are so cute together!"

"We're not cute," I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks.  "We're like any other Keeper and Pet couple."

"Couple!" Eleni giggled, latching onto the word.  She leaned away, laying on her side next to me, facing me, our legs a tangle as we enjoyed the warmth of her cage together.  "You are a cute couple, and you are a couple.  She's not going to find someone else, nobody is going to love her the way you love her and you know it."

"I'm just a diapered Pet to her, Eleni," I sighed.  "I mean, sure, nobody's going to love her like I do - that's true.  And she'll never love anyone the way she loves me... but she specifically said she wanted the love of an equal and I can't give her that, I never can!  All it takes is a stern word from her and I crumble, how could I ever even pretend to be her equal?"

"She only thinks she wants an equal, Kara," her tongue tickled the spot on my neck just below my ear.  "She's going to go on this date and realize how much better you are for her, how much she loves.  Her.  Delicious.  Pet."

"Eleni!" I couldn't help but wriggle against her, my pulse quickening.  She'd gotten good at leaning on both the natural Pet instincts that Lana had cultivated and the conditioning that had been implanted.  "How could you possibly be worked up right now?  You wore Celia out!"

"What!  I'm just in a good mood today - I got accepted into the Pet Show!"

I hated the very concept of the Pet Show, the humiliation, the Spectacle.  But Eleni watched every week, some new region, some new city, new Pets and Keepers.  She watched the Pets debase themselves, performing for not just their Keeper but hordes of strangers watching in person and on television.  A few of the acts were elegant, the duo of Keeper and Pet dancing in unison, fluid and graceful... but more often than not it was heaps of humiliation, nearly nude women with exposed diapers doing gymnastics for treats.  I shook my head.  I wouldn't be caught dead performing like that.

But Eleni loved it.

"That's great!" I put in my best effort to appear enthusiastic for my friend.  My thoughts were still on Lana, however.  

Who is this guy?  Someone from work?  My mind spiraled into the possibilities.  What if they move in together?  What if they get married?  What if he hates me and keeps Lana from me?  What if he makes her happier than I do?

That last thought broke my heart for multiple reasons: it was selfishness, and it seemed very possible.  I wasn't the perfect Pet.  I struggled, I argued, I snuck treats and complained that I needed more respect.  But I knew I should want her to be happy, no matter what.  No matter if it was me bringing that happiness or not.  I imagined my tall, powerful Lana with a man even bigger - barrel-chested with a chiseled jaw underneath a masculine beard and a perfect, pearly smile.  Gleaming blue eyes, full of love for my Lana, big arms wrapped around her, making her feel protected.  Things I could never, ever give her.

We had never really talked about past partners.  Talking about my pre-Bond life brought pain, it was easier to avoid the topic.  And because I did, she did as well.

The love of an equal.

My mind clung to those words.  I could never give that to her, I would never be her equal.  I was fairly certain I had gotten even smaller in the past few months.  I couldn't stand up to her, I couldn't defy her - it was beyond my abilities to even feign equality.

"...and then I did the twirl at the end and everyone clapped!"

"I'm really happy for you, Eleni!"  My enthusiasm felt faded, my heart heavy.  The imagined man wouldn't leave my mind's eye.

"You don't seem happy," Eleni frowned.  "She's not going to leave you.  You're Bonded, she'll be with you for forever."

"But what if she likes him more than me?"

"That's not possible."  Eleni reached forward and slid her impossibly soft fingers along my cheek.  "Look.  I love you."  I blinked, surprised.  We had never said those words to each other.  "You're my friend, you're my lover, you're amazing.  But I love my Keeper more.  I always will.  And you feel the same about Lana."

Part of me wanted to be hurt over that as I stared into those emerald eyes, shining with joy and caring.  I felt irritated that she was so thoroughly submissive that she wouldn't even speak Celia's name.  But I also knew she was right.  I did love Eleni, her joy in simple things, her kindness and compassion, the size of her heart.  She was the most genuine, sincere person I had ever known.

"You're right," I admitted, feeling a little guilty that I hadn't returned her declaration of love.  "But she told me that she missed the love of an equal, hun.  I can't give her that."

"Of course not."  It felt strange to see that pitying, knowing smile on Eleni's face.  I felt so much smarter than her, it was almost uncomfortable for her to look at me with that expression.  "And you shouldn't try to.  You should be the best Pet you can be.  If Lana falls in love, it doesn't mean that she will love you less.  It just means... she has more love to give."

"But how would you feel if Celia brought someone else home?  An Unbonded lover."  I didn't like my tone, but the words were out there.  I sounded desperate, accusing.

"Honestly, I hope she does."  I could only stare openly at her, shocked.  "I can't love her that way, Kara.  I can't.  If she needs it, if she wants it, she should have it.  I just hope that if she does, she picks someone nice who will want to play with me and be nice to me."

"I guess you're just better than I am," I said sullenly, sighing.  I moved to crawl out of the cage, I suddenly didn't feel like hanging out with her.

"Hey," Eleni reached up and wrapped an arm around my waist, gently pulling me toward her.  I sighed and collapsed into her, her breasts in my back, her hand on my stomach, and her voice in my ear.  "I'm not better than you.  We're different, we see things differently but that doesn't make you bad and me good."

"You're so selfless."  The pain in my throat came out in my voice.  "You would just accept another person into your life, just like that, just because you want Celia to be happy.  How is that not being just better than me?"

"Because you're amazing.  You're smart and funny and caring, you're devoted and passionate.  I'm different than you, but I'm not better.  And I think that maybe, if you open your heart for Lana, you can find joy in her happiness even if it's with someone who isn't you."

I wasn't sure how long I cried, how long hot tears streamed from my eyes as Eleni held me, how long it was before she pressed gentle kisses to the back of my neck.  I fell asleep in her arms, the blackness taking me in the midst of my guilt and pain.  I didn't deserve Eleni and I knew it.  

Perhaps no one did.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, fyunch said:

I'm so happy to see these additions.  This is one of my favorites.

Thanks!  The Keeperverse sort of died off when I went quiet.  I wasn't sure if anyone was still interested!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

Thanks!  The Keeperverse sort of died off when I went quiet.  I wasn't sure if anyone was still interested!

It's actually one of my favorites, all in all.  I've started my own Keeperverse story, though the press of work slows down my progress.  Please keep it alive.  I like it better than most of the other worlds here, though Dependent has some promise as a universe, too.

5 minutes ago, fyunch said:

It's actually one of my favorites, all in all.  I've started my own Keeperverse story, though the press of work slows down my progress.  Please keep it alive.  I like it better than most of the other worlds here, though Dependent has some promise as a universe, too.

Sophie will be very happy to hear that people think that <3

I love it too. Though pet play isn't my thing, but how you describe the animalistic instincts and passion really makes this world fantastic to me. Thank you for adding to this world.

49 minutes ago, Guilend said:

I love it too. Though pet play isn't my thing, but how you describe the animalistic instincts and passion really makes this world fantastic to me. Thank you for adding to this world.

Thanks!  It's less raunchy in this part of the story because we're in emotional-development-land, but we'll get back to the steamy stuff, I'm sure.

You're very welcome and thank you for reading <3

Part 13

"So," I began quietly from the Pet bed on the floor next to Lana's bed.  "How was the date?"  I tried to keep the resentment from my voice but I wasn't sure that I managed.  Eleni's words hung in my brain, but they had not yet moved into my heart.

"Kara," my Keeper sighed, pained.  Guilt bloomed in my chest, anxiety following behind it.  I was hurting the person I loved the most.  I knew I should be in her arms, basking in her joy, she had been so happy when she came home and I was ruining it.  "It was good.  Dinner was nice, she was nice.  It was nice."

"She?" I sat up, looking over the edge of the bed at Lana.

"Yes, she.  Her name is Vivian and she's a sweetie."

Vivian.  My mind raced, the image of the barrel-chested man vanishing as I constructed a new perfect mate, a female, to match Lana... in my mind's eye, she looked a lot like Eleni.  A question burned in my chest, a tightness.  Anxiety, fear, self-loathing.  I knew I shouldn't ask, but I couldn't help myself.

"Is... is she prettier than me?" I hated myself for giving in, for giving voice to those thoughts.

"Oh Kara," Lana sighed.  "We're not going to have this conversation.  I'm not going to compare you two.  You're my Pet, she's a girl I've gone on one date with.  Don't make this hard on me, okay?"

"Okay."

I laid my head down in my arms as Lana reached over and turned out the light.  This felt awful.  She was upset now and she had been smiling wide as she walked in the door.  I had ruined it.  I had ruined her good mood.  Eleni would have kissed her and climbed all over her and encouraged her to gush about her date, to retell every moment and share the joy of meeting someone new.  I hated myself silently, and sleep wouldn't come.

Before long, Lana's soft snoring began.

I sat up with a soft sigh, pondering my options.  I wasn't tired.  I had a fresh diaper and everyone was asleep, in a way I had the whole place to myself: Celia had taken Eleni to bed a while ago, they would both be worn out by now and snoozing.  Marcie was at work.

My right hand closed around the bell on my collar as I stepped quietly to the door, slipping out into the hallway.

I'll just grab a quick snack and watch some TV, I told myself as I walked through the apartment.  There would be something in the fridge that would make me feel better - a slice of pizza or some leftover steak - Marcie had grilled for everyone recently and I had only gotten a small bite from Lana's plate.

I knew it was wrong, that I shouldn't eat human food any more... but I needed to feel human in that moment.

The glow of the fridge lit up the room, and there it was, staring at me: a half-full bottle of Grey Goose vodka, nicely chilled.  I hadn't had a drink in two years, and now seemed like a great time.  Some small part of me was screaming inside, telling me not to do it.  I pushed that back and away as my hand closed around the neck of the bottle.  A drink would make me feel better, it would chase away this awful feeling for a while, it would get me out of my own head.  Just a drink or two and some TV.  I set the bottle on the counter and reached for the cabinet where the glasses were - with some effort, I grabbed a tumbler and poured myself a drink.  Two fingers, not enough to get drunk on - just enough to take the edge off.

I returned the bottle to the fridge and carried my glass to the living room, taking a seat in Lana's comfortable recliner.  I was painfully aware of my nudity, sitting there.  The reflection of a small blonde woman with long, wavy hair stared at me from the sleeping television... wearing nothing but a collar and a diaper.  I looked like a Pet pretending to be a person.  I banished the image with the glow of Netflix and looked for something I watched in the beforetimes, wishing I had pulled on one of Lana's shirts or something, even though it would have been uncomfortable.

I thought back to the day in the store, where I had *wanted* to be a good Pet, where I had *wanted* Lana to praise me and care for me.  And I hated myself.

I shuddered as the cold alcohol rushed down my throat.  It tasted awful, even chilled.  I sputtered, wiping my lips with the back of a hand.  It wasn't enough, I needed more.  The second drink would taste better, it always did.  Then I could lose myself in the show.

"Kara?" I called, looking down at the empty pet bed where she should have been.  "Kara sweetie, where are you?"

I could hear the sounds of the television in the living room, some movie playing.  With a sigh, I rose and went to retrieve my errant pet.

This is one of the reasons you love her, I reminded myself.  She's willful, she wants to be self-sufficient, but she's a good girl.

But what greeted me in the living room wasn't my stubborn Kara watching TV from her cage, it was my Pet sitting in my chair, giggling.

"Kara."  I kept my tone firm but kind.  "It's time for bed.  Come here."

I rarely expected Kara to obey completely, she was fiercely independent, but I tended to have better success when using short, firm commands.  Rather than moving to kneel before me as she had been trained, rather than even whining and objecting as I expected, she turned toward me and laughed.

"Hi Lana.  I'm watching TV.  Do you want to watch TV with me?  Come sit at my feet, I'm a Keeper."

My Pet was visibly drunk.  My eyes fell to the bottle of vodka that Celia had left in the refrigerator and frowned.  Alcohol was much more effective on a Pet than a person, and this was undoubtedly going to end poorly.  Without another word, I stepped forward and took the bottle from the floor.

"Wait!  That's mine, you can't just take it, I'm not done!"

"You're done.  You're past done.  Kara, I'm very disappointed in you."  I had to bite back the urge to call her a 'bad girl', she had been conditioned to feel remorse at that and I didn't want to send her into a depressive spiral, it wasn't safe.  "You're going to drink some water and we're going to go to bed."

"Nuh uh.  No.  I have a better idea: I'm going to fuck you rotten."  Her declaration was so plain, and she stood with a fire in her eyes... before tripping over her own feet and collapsing in a heap before me.  "Dammit Lana, why are you cheating on me?"

There it was.  "Oh sweet girl," I sighed, setting the bottle on the coffee table before lifting my Pet into my arms.  "It's time for bed.  You're drunk.  We'll talk about this tomorrow."

"No.  We'll talk about it now."  She flailed as I held her, slapping my arms.  It didn't hurt, but it wasn't something she was supposed to do.  I felt really cross that Celia had left the drink where she could get to it.

"Shhh," I tried to soothe her.  "Shhh, everything's going to be okay."

"You're cheating on me," she sobbed, her nails digging into my skin.  "You're cheating on me.  I've given you everything and you're cheating on me!"

"I'm not cheating on you.  You're not my wife, you're not even my girlfriend.  You are a Pet, Kara.  You're a Pet.  You belong to me and I take care of you and I love you.  I will always love you... "

She began heaving, and the conversation ended.  I rushed her to the bathroom and helped her over the toilet, holding her long hair from her face.  I knew I shouldn't have said anything, I should have just kissed her and carried her off to bed instead of letting her upset herself.  She had been doing so much better about accepting her place in life, I felt terrible for shaking her world up.  My poor Pet was fragile.

I stroked her back with one hand while holding her hair with the other as her body purged the vodka.  She moaned piteously as her body acted against her will.  My poor girl heaved for a good ten minutes, sweating and shaking when she was done.  I held a cup of cold water to her lips, urging her to drink.  It was quite a while before she was completely done, before I could carry her weak and whimpering form back to the bedroom.  I laid my beloved Pet down in her bed, stroking her hair softly and mopping the sweat from her brow.  She would feel awful in the morning, and we still had a lot to talk about.

When I woke, everything hurt.  Everything.  My hair hurt.  I groaned, shielding my eyes from the sun with a hand, surprised when I felt the soft leather touch my face.

I was wearing the mittens.  The sound of the chain clinking as I shifted was agony, the tiny metallic sounds like needles in my brain.

Coughing, I reached up and used both hands to pull the blanket off of Lana's bed and over my head, blocking out the light.  I couldn't remember the last time I had hurt this badly.  I tried to recall what I had done to deserve being punished while sick, and I could feel the blood drain from my face as the bottle of Grey Goose took its place front and center in my mind's eye.

"Oh no," I whispered, my tongue dry and fuzzy in my mouth.

I only vaguely remembered Lana finding me, of me declaring myself a Keeper and telling her to sit at my feet.  I buried my face in the mittens and wished the ground would swallow me whole.

I wasn't getting out of this punishment any time soon.

"Kara?" Eleni's call was soft, coming from the doorway of the room.  "Kara?  Are you awake?  I brought you some water... "

I only groaned in response.  The slight vibrations in the floor as she walked toward me were almost too much.  I felt like I might throw up.

"I think I'm in trouble."  My voice sounded ragged, croaking.  My throat felt raw.

"Yeah, um... you are.  And I'm not supposed to be in here, but my friends always said that you should drink lots of water after you drink liquor... so, um, drink this?"

"Eleni!" I heard Celia's screech from the living room.  "I swear, if you are in Lana's room, you are in so much trouble."

I heard a plastic cup clatter to the ground.  I peeked out from under the blanket and grumbled at the sight of the sippy cup, but reached for it anyway, stretching against the chain leash that held me fast to the leg of Lana's bed.  It had been quite some time since she'd restrained me this way, and judging by Celia's reaction... she was likely quite angry with me.

"I'm sorry, Keeper."  Eleni was so pitiful, so meek.  Rage bubbled in my chest as I heard her cry out in pain, the sound of Celia's hand a sharp crack against her skin.  "I'm sorry!"

"I told you not to go in there, you bad girl."  Through bleary eyes and a gap in the blanket, I saw Eleni fall to her knees in the doorway, sobbing.  My pulse pounded in my temples, my anger worsening my already splitting headache.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry... "

"Crawl back to the living room, I'm not done with you."

"Leave her alone, Celia!"  I called, gritting my teeth and poking my head out into the bright world beyond the blanket.  "Stop."

Eleni crawled away, crinkling.  Celia didn't say a word, just met my eyes with an intense look of displeasure, and pulled Lana's door closed with a soft click.

• Like 6