LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cant wet the bed

DLonly

Hi everyone, I understand this isn't something that I should wish for and for Acutally bedwetters out there I know it must be tough. But I have been wearing diapers everynight since Janurary and drink tons of water. I have no problem wetting my diaper at night in my bed i can just let go, But I still wake up. Half asleep but still I want to wake up in the morning and have no idea. Any advise?

DON'T,  please don't wish for that.

As a lifelong bedwetter, when it happens every night, it isn't fun.

The fun bit is being naughty, and flooding your nappy without a care whether it leaks or not, and feeling the warmth spread out and the wet trickle everywhere.

• Like 2

Bed wetting isn't an easy thing to achieve because it is basically a temporary incontinence. Your body and brain learned not to wet the bed at a very early age and then you spent a great many years reinforcing the lessons. It will take a long time to train yourself to know it is OK to wet in your sleep, I don't really have technique tips only that it'll take a long time to happen.

The fun bit is being naughty, and flooding your nappy without a care whether it leaks or not, and feeling the warmth spread out and the wet trickle everywhere.
As a person who has a legitimate bedwetting problem, I'll never understand why people want to purposely wet the bed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DLonly said:

Hi everyone, I understand this isn't something that I should wish for and for Acutally bedwetters out there I know it must be tough. But I have been wearing diapers everynight since Janurary and drink tons of water. I have no problem wetting my diaper at night in my bed i can just let go, But I still wake up. Half asleep but still I want to wake up in the morning and have no idea. Any advise?

Temporarily supplementing before bed water with a beer or two might get you over the hurdle.  At least it did for me.

It is actually wetting the bed or wetting your diaper in bed? If you're wetting your diaper in bed and it should leak then you've technically wet the bed. Since I'm incontinent, the diaper gets wet no matter what and is usually a steady trickle. There have been floods at night and I wake up leaks and a wet bed. Use to keep me up at night until I found Dry 24/7. Haven't had a leak since I've figured them out. I'm a happy dry bed wetter.

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2018 at 9:27 AM, Wet Knight said:

As someone who is physically incontinent (due to a spinal injury) I would agree with you. Nobody would really want to be permanently incontinent. Even if you've grown to like your diapers, it's still majorly inconvenient a lot, if not most of the time. Ironically it's not so much embarrassing, as once you get passed high school, most reasonable adults are extremely understanding and accommodating. But it does mean that you've got to go through a lot of rigmarole that is time-consuming, messy and unpleasant. People assume it to be "freedom" but it's more of a prison of needing to plan ahead, make sure to bring supplies and you still eventually need to find a bathroom, only you spend a lot more time in there, than if you were just using the toilet.

However psychological and hypnotic training for things like bedwetting are almost universally and instantly reversible / stop being effective, when the person is in an unfamiliar environment, or when their conscious mind wills it to stop. I know a lot of ABDLs who've done similar things to "un-potty-train themselves" yet they manage to instantly regain full control when the circumstances call for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 6:09 PM, Idzy said:

As someone who is physically incontinent (due to a spinal injury) I would agree with you. Nobody would really want to be permanently incontinent. Even if you've grown to like your diapers, it's still majorly inconvenient a lot, if not most of the time. Ironically it's not so much embarrassing, as once you get passed high school, most reasonable adults are extremely understanding and accommodating. But it does mean that you've got to go through a lot of rigmarole that is time-consuming, messy and unpleasant. People assume it to be "freedom" but it's more of a prison of needing to plan ahead, make sure to bring supplies and you still eventually need to find a bathroom, only you spend a lot more time in there, than if you were just using the toilet.

However psychological and hypnotic training for things like bedwetting are almost universally and instantly reversible / stop being effective, when the person is in an unfamiliar environment, or when their conscious mind wills it to stop. I know a lot of ABDLs who've done similar things to "un-potty-train themselves" yet they manage to instantly regain full control when the circumstances call for it.

In my experience... I think that the desire to wet the bed was a way to justify having/using diapers, which is a deep-seated 'thing' for many of us.  In my case, at least, it's not that I specifically wanted to wet the bed, it's that I wanted to have a reason for diapers, and wetting the bed seemed to be a (somewhat) acceptable and explainable excuse.

As far as psychological training being 'almost universally and instantly reversible'... might be true for some folks, but not others.  In my case, I taught myself to wet, and then about a decade or so later when my life circumstances changed I tried to train myself back out of it.  I have (so far) failed miserably.  So, perhaps depending on the time, person, situation, and so on, you might be right, but it's not universally true...

8 hours ago, justforfun said:

In my case, I taught myself to wet, and then about a decade or so later when my life circumstances changed I tried to train myself back out of it.  I have (so far) failed miserably.

The thing is, do you really want to stop bed-wetting. I totally understand the psychological need to wear diapers, as for a lot of people it started way before puberty, perhaps just after you were potty trained. I was a late trainer prior to my accident, for possibly this reason. It's hard to think back and come to a conclusive answer. But this "desire" is more than a passing thing, and stays with you for life. So in my opinion, it is almost as much of a need as physical incontinence. Don't let my statements deter you, I'm just pointing out that having absolutely no control is inconvenient most of the time.

7 hours ago, Idzy said:

The thing is, do you really want to stop bed-wetting. I totally understand the psychological need to wear diapers, as for a lot of people it started way before puberty, perhaps just after you were potty trained. I was a late trainer prior to my accident, for possibly this reason. It's hard to think back and come to a conclusive answer. But this "desire" is more than a passing thing, and stays with you for life. So in my opinion, it is almost as much of a need as physical incontinence. Don't let my statements deter you, I'm just pointing out that having absolutely no control is inconvenient most of the time.

I couldn't agree more. I obviously have an emotional need to be incontinent as well as a physical reason why I am this way. My wife noticed that sine being in nappies 24/7 and a nightly bedwetter again I am so much calmer and happier. I would never encourage anyone to start bedwetting but for me it is just right.

8 minutes ago, stevewet said:

My wife noticed that sine being in nappies 24/7 and a nightly bedwetter again I am so much calmer and happier.

Lets both be grateful for understanding wives. My wife changes me, and has a good bedtime routine for me. I used to suffer from terrible insomnia, but not any more.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:41 PM, Idzy said:

The thing is, do you really want to stop bed-wetting.

Finding out the real answer to that would likely cost more in therapy than I can afford. :)

I do consciously want to stop sleep wetting.  I have a young daughter now, we travel a lot, and it is really something that I'd rather not deal with.  Logically, and rationally, if I could flip a switch and not wet any more, I'd do it.

But, as you said, the psychological underpinnings, along with using it as a justification to wear diapers... well... my subconscious may not be on the same page as my rational mind!

12 hours ago, justforfun said:

But, as you said, the psychological underpinnings, along with using it as a justification to wear diapers... well... my subconscious may not be on the same page as my rational mind!

The most constructive suggestion I could give if you really do want to quit would be to try and strip it back to the bare minimum, and remove as many pleasurable elements from the experience as possible. e.g. no ABDL style products, a purely clinical approach to incontinence, change frequently, no enjoying the warm feeling for any longer than is strictly necessary to deal with the lack of control, and possibly reverting to a pull-up style protective undergarment (notice I'm not even calling them diapers any more) and using the potty whenever possible. This may remove the pleasurable triggers which keep you "addicted" so to speak. Try anti bed-wetting medications, and just adopt an attitude that it is purely a disability that you need to overcome. Try and make it as dis-pleasurable as possible.

If you really want to be hard-core about it, you could consider switching to a condom style catheter (or urine collection device) and a bag, which will provide a similar, if not superior level of protection to a diaper, but without any of the subconscious associations or triggers associated with diapers.

I really hate to be giving advice on stopping something that you love and brings you comfort and security, but if you've decided that pragmatically it is the most appropriate thing to do right now (you can always to back to wearing diapers, when circumstances are more conducive to it), then this is the best I can think of.

This is how I managed to quit smoking, by forcing myself to smoke the most offensive tasting, menthol cigarettes, and that was all I allowed myself. I gave up within a week.