LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tapes

clothbaby

So many times we read that the tapes don't stick,they come off disposable diapers.

Keep in mind that if you use powder or baby lotion and it is on your hands 90% of the time it will get on the tapes and then issues start.

What i usually do, is put the powder on after your diaper is on.

As for lotion, just make sure it is not on your hands or the tape tabs.

I just received my Rearz Lil Monsters and read all the issues on tapes. Mine are fine with no problems.

Also make sure you order the correct size.Large will always work better then medium even if you wear medium.

Tapes and where they land must be scrupulously clean, or you may find yourself headed for a yucky bathroom to perform an emergency fix. Used properly, the good tapes adhere so well that the plastic tears before they come off. Develop the habit of never touching where you shouldn't and you won't have a problem. 

Bettypooh

I honestly rarely have tape problems and when I do it always is because I stretched them to much and they started to rip.  I only wear premium diapers so maybe that is why?  I guess in actuality it probably deals more with that I have been diapering myself for over 10 years so maybe I have learned a thing or two in that time.

On 9/4/2018 at 3:40 PM, clothbaby said:

put the powder on after your diaper is on

This seems rather counter-intuitive as the powder is supposed to go inside. FYI I don't use powder as I find it uncomfortable, only zinc cream.

On 9/4/2018 at 3:40 PM, clothbaby said:

Large will always work better then medium even if you wear medium

I disagree. Please explain why a diaper one size bigger than what's just right for someone should always work better.

These problems would be solved if all diapers, even those with a PE shell, had hook-and-loop tapes instead of sticky tapes. Or a combination of both.

I've learned over time to place the diaper precisely and then tape it on. Then I pull it down and apply the diaper rash lotion/paste then add powder to the bottom and front of the diaper. The problem is often getting it off; the tapes won't let go and tear the diaper. Or after you roll the thing up to dispose of it, the tapes won't stick. Yechhh. What a mess that can be.

I disagree with this. Even though I usually just use powder except when I wear to sleep, i never have a problem with this. 1st reason: just keep a towel next to you to wipe of any excess or just wipe it on yourself outside the diaper area. 2: there is a huge difference between the fit of a medium and large or any other sizes. Each size fits a range of between 8-12” typically so even if you were at the far end of the smaller range, the diaper will just not fit as snugly as it should

• 3 months later...

My fiance has never really had issue with the tapes, but we have had some diapers where the tapes are bad and don't hold. She will use duct tape to help hold it on, but very seldom does this happen. After she applies lotion, desitine, and powder she wipes her hands with a towel before taping on my diaper. 

The only time I have had issues with tapes failing is when I first started using PeakABU and Crinklz. Both diapers swell far more than most AB diapers in relation to their original size. I was taping tight like all my other diapers and not leaving enough room for expansion. I figured it out eventually. As for baby powder I just powder my diaper while it’s layed out flat and then put it on. Less mess that way. 

I’m also going to have to disagree with the op regarding wearing a size up. I’m a medium and I wear size medium.