LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is it possible to become "diaper incontinent" at night?

Sup everyone!

So... For as long as I can remember I've had a really shy bladder. I can't for the life of me pee at a urinal, and even when I try to do it in a private toilet stall I easily get distracted by other people. If I'm on a road trip with people I have to go several meters away from everyone else and look like an idiot just to be able to pee. It's a quality of life issue in many ways for me. Another downside of it is that in combination with my relatively small bladder I will wake up with an immense pressure on my bladder if I don't control my fluid intake before bed. It's not really urge incontinence because I don't leak but it hurts, disrupts my sleep and prevents me from being properly hydrated at times. 

I've started wearing diapers quite recently and I'm wondering if there's any way to train myself to only wet myself at night when I'm in diapers? I don't want to become night time incontinent without a diaper (at least not yet), but it would be awesome to be able to wake up after a good nights sleep with a wet diaper. Both for my ABDL side and for my sleep quality's sake.

Is this practically possible or would I have to become incontinent without diapers as well in that case?

My guess would be that you will need to train yourself to be fully urinary incontinent both day & night to allow your mind to always let go when the need arrives. Maybe you can train for just nighttime but my guess it'll be much harder. It seems to me allowing yourself to go whenever or wherever may be much more comfortable for you in the long run. carefully consider that this would be what you want. Generally there is no fully turning back which in itself is not a bad thing.

Nocturnal incontinence is the hardest to start ot stop due to the subconscious and the fact you produce less pee at night I have been wearing 24/7 for 4 years due to an OAB and I still wake up to pee most times I have only experienced true nocturnal bed wetting  a few times. It’s doubtful you can train your self to only pee at night and only when you are diapered, I think once you start to pee while asleep it won't matter if your diaperd or not  you will just start to pee any time while asleep. 

i really want to pee while I am a sleep as I am tired of being woken up to pee just to have my body release as I start to wake up then I have to fight to get back to sleep its been 4 years and counting and my subconscious still will not allow me to pee while asleep. be prepared for a long road to being able to pee while you sleep and be prepared for the probability of being diaper dependant 24/7 incontinence is not something you can turn on and off.

if you truly want to become diaper dependant at night you may have to embrace it 24/7 to obtain your goal just be sure its what you want as once you cross the threshold you may never be able to cross back. I will have to admit being diapered 24/7 has its advantages and I am glad I am diapered whenI need to pee and the bathroom is unavailable or I am stuck in traffic.

Why do people ask medical questions of the medially untrained? We have neither a house MD nor a house shrink to be the "go to", so you will still have the question unansweredd or worse incorrectly answered, and 10, usually conflicting, pieces of information which will be of questionable value and therefore you will be more confused than you were. If it appears in a "Desires" sub, I suspect you are not interested in real facts, but wish-fulfillment, which, in medical matters, is dangerous.  If you have a medical question, ask the right person

I can only tell you this
When you "untrain" something that was trained. It is 3 times as hard to retrain it, If it was trained in early childhood,  it is no longer the same as it was then so that makes it harder to retrain if you can do it at all
Anything that is disused atrophies: grows smaller and weker. If you doubt this, soe what "out of shape" means
"Be careful what you wish for". What will you do if you get it? As the Fairy proverbs go, "To cheat a fool, give her that for which she wishes", "Magic gives you what you ask for, not what you want" and "If only I had not said 'if only...'". And who can forget Nwetons 3rd Law: "For every action, there is an equall and opposite reaction" or "Brother; you asked for it". If you buy a vacuum cleaner, do not complain when it sucks

Shere we can be a useful resource is in specific matters related to diapers, and that even varies, I know rubber panties inside and out, but not a reliable thing about using throw-aways. I do not use them. and littles I know mostly about LG things from the late 1940's/early '50's, through which I lived, and I wrote the book about tiaras and design, I also know about babydolls and have better than average knowledge about skirts. I also know how to use the language that the forum uses. But as to medical. I do not know a thing that I would recommend save what I have been told by those in the field and better than entry level knowledge about physiological and sensory psychology and behavior modification (my meothod of choice is Cognitive Therapy), And I am NOT volunteering to be the hose shrink; Mental Health is a specialized field and to get it wrong is dangerouse. I am more learning and "experimental" oriented with just a good background in basic subjects

2 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Why do people ask medical questions of the medially untrained? We have neither a house MD nor a house shrink to be the "go to", so you will still have the question unansweredd or worse incorrectly answered, and 10, usually conflicting, pieces of information which will be of questionable value and therefore you will be more confused than you were. If it appears in a "Desires" sub, I suspect you are not interested in real facts, but wish-fulfillment, which, in medical matters, is dangerous.  If you have a medical question, ask the right person

I understand what you're saying but I wasn't planning on blindly following any response I got. I'm quite new to all this and I just wanted to know if what I wanted was plausible at all, and from what I gather it unfortunately isn't? But I was suspecting that as well so I'm not shocked.

I've always slept naked so I was thinking along the lines of being able to teach the brain that wetting while padded/dressed is okay, and without it's not. But I guess that the brain isn't that easy to fool then and all out incontinence is the only option? 

12 minutes ago, Skitunge said:

I understand what you're saying but I wasn't planning on blindly following any response I got. I'm quite new to all this and I just wanted to know if what I wanted was plausible at all, and from what I gather it unfortunately isn't? But I was suspecting that as well so I'm not shocked.

That is even worse because you will still be juggling x number of uninformed, possibly dangerous opinions when it would be easier to get and deal with a properly trained persons response and process it. This is a FETISH site, not a medical site and any medical or mental health advice you get here is worth what you pay for it and if you are new to all of this, then you are not even oriented and are, in short, Murphy bait

I've always slept naked so I was thinking along the lines of being able to teach the brain that wetting while padded/dressed is okay, and without it's not. But I guess that the brain isn't that easy to fool then and all out incontinence is the only option? 

The problem is not the brain, it is the "muscle memory" if you teach it to go in your sleep or near-sleep, that is what it will do regardless of eternal conditions; it is reading internal body conditions. Also if the muscles fully or partially atrophy then what the brain tells it will not matter. They will have atrophied partially and just not be able to carry out the instructions you give the brain

29 minutes ago, Skitunge said:

If you really want to start sleep wetting at night, I might suggest that you try a hypnotic tape for bedwetting only.  That way you can remain continent with day control but when in bed at night you can wear diapers and wet in your sleep.   There are many hypnotic tapes, some will let you wet only when wearing diapers, some only at night when you sleep, you just have to look around on the internet for them.  be aware, they may or may not work because not everyone can be hypnotized.  You have to want it and be open to it.  I suggest if interested, read up on the internet about bedwetting hypnotic tapes.

9 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

That is even worse because you will still be juggling x number of uninformed, possibly dangerous opinions when it would be easier to get and deal with a properly trained persons response and process it. This is a FETISH site, not a medical site and any medical or mental health advice you get here is worth what you pay for it and if you are new to all of this, then you are not even oriented and are, in short, Murphy bait

The problem is not the brain, it is the "muscle memory" if you teach it to go in your sleep or near-sleep, that is what it will do regardless of eternal conditions; it is reading internal body conditions. Also if the muscles fully or partially atrophy then what the brain tells it will not matter. They will have atrophied partially and just not be able to carry out the instructions you give the brain

I see. I truly appreciate your honesty and well-meaning, the internet is short of actual professionals after all. 
But if I decide to do something I can promise you that I will have read a lot more about it than just a few forum posts. It is true that you get what you pay for but the Internet is a special place in that some professional information can still be out there for free if you look hard enough.

9 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

If you really want to start sleep wetting at night, I might suggest that you try a hypnotic tape for bedwetting only.  That way you can remain continent with day control but when in bed at night you can wear diapers and wet in your sleep.   There are many hypnotic tapes, some will let you wet only when wearing diapers, some only at night when you sleep, you just have to look around on the internet for them.  be aware, they may or may not work because not everyone can be hypnotized.  You have to want it and be open to it.  I suggest if interested, read up on the internet about bedwetting hypnotic tapes.

Interesting. If I'm receptive to that it would be exactly what I'm looking for. 
I'll look deeper into that, thanks for the tip!

I can only relate my experience. Starting out, I found it difficult to wet my diapers at all. I would wear them at night and occasionally during the day when I figured I would not be caught.  Over time, I learned to become comfortable wearing diapers and found it increasingly easy to wet them.  Most nights, a full bladder would wake me; I’d pee; and go back to sleep.  Subconsciously, I knew I was diapered, even when asleep.  I learned the feel of wearing a diaper.  So, on nights when I wasn’t diapered, I never had an accident. I did, sometimes, wet while asleep, but only while diapered.  I would say that what you’re asking is possible.  However, you’re actual results may differ from mine. 

I wouldn't worry about it.  Wear your diapers at night and go when you have to.

The concept that we sleep uninterrupted all night is a myth.  Even centuries ago people got up during the night after their "first sleep", and then did whatever, and then went back for their "second sleep".  The latest claim is that we have several 90 minute or so sleep cycles during the night -- not sure if science has proven that as anything more than a fad.  

In any event, if you awaken in the night having to urinate, then use your diaper.  I've been wearing diapers at night almost every night for the last 4 years and most nights over the last 15 years.  I still have my continence, but I'm also not trying to lose it.  However, my sleep is great because when I awaken from whatever sleep cycle due to my bladder, I just go and then roll over back to sleep.  Easy peasy.

I'm not going to get into the downsides of trying to become incontinent -- in the scheme of things, there are far more downsides to your health with eating sugary food, smoking cigarettes, and/or sitting while working in an office.  If you want to try to become incontinent at night, go for it.  

Nobody has addressed the crux of the matter. He sleeps naked most of the time, and, I take it, does not want to go when he is naked but does want to go in his sleep when in a diaper

When I am in diapers in my sleep, it has affected my dreams but not my going, I still wake up. But that is my higher level fucntion. I do not think you can be selectively incontinent in your sleep so that you are incontinent only if you are wearing a diaper. Do you really want to dump your bladder if you are naked, with all that will lead to? I have never heard of any system that gives that level of control and I have been around AGDL for 35 years

Rhat does remind me of something form 41 yearss ago. I was asleep and dreamed that my friend and I was driving around in the Rhode Island College area of Providence and I had to go. It kept building up and we found a wodded area and stopped. I got out of the car, headed behind a tree and got ready to let fly, At that instant I woke up and made a beeline for the head and went like a racehorse

Personal experience says that it is possible to wet when diapered and still retain control when not.  It isn't real incontinence.  Instead, you know that you're diapered and therefore can empty your bladder with no problem.  However, you feel the difference when not diapered and therefore retain control.  it's a learned response with the bulk of the diaper vs. being naked providing the subliminal cue.  This subliminal cue works whether awake or sleeping.  In my case, I don't think I slept as deeply when I was diapered as when I wasn't.  It took a very long time to learn how to sleep well while diapered.

My personal experience has led to incidents of me peeing my diaper at night without fully waking up but I don’t know that I’d describe it as incontinence.  Each time it happened I was typically dreaming about peeing and somewhere in my brain, I’m pretty sure I knew I was well diapered and/or already wet and so it was “ok” for me to just do it.  It felt like a lower level of consciousness felt it had sufficient delegated permission from my wakeful mind to go ahead and take care of things but at least keep me informed of developments.

Others have said that this can for some, rapidly progresses to nocturnal wetting without recollection but I ran out of time with that experiment.

17 hours ago, Skitunge said:

I'm wondering if there's any way to train myself to only wet myself at night when I'm in diapers? 

would I have to become incontinent without diapers as well in that case?

Yes, you can train yourself to only wet at night when you are diapered.

No, you don't have to be incontinent.

Making it happen isn't easy, but it is possible. I don't know if it will be possible for you... cause everyone is different.  It takes time and hypnosis or other mental exercises. But I assure you that it can be done.

Skitunge,

yes it is possible to train yourself to wet only at night.

1. Put plastic on your matteress - not only for the protection, but also for the sound. Shake baby powder on this - for the smell an as a trigger.

2. Wear thick cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed. Disposables are not suitable as they leak and you must be able to fully trust your diaper.

3. Reduce your sleeping time in total by an hour - this will increase your tiredness which will promote sleeping while wetting. Also, do not empty bladder before bed.

4. When you wake with the need to wet, without changing position, wet the diaper and go back asleep. Even a newborn baby wakes slightly to void before going back in a deep sleep 

Repeat the above and your body will adapt to wetting while asleep.

As others have warned - to retrain not to sleepwet will take 2-3 years approx.

Also, it is very difficult to be a only a bed wetter while diapered. Usually it is bed wetter Or not a bed wetter. I suspect that Craisler, who claims that only wets at night when diapered also has a few accidents or near misses ocaisionally at night if not diapered.

I've been wearing at night for about five years.  Not every night, only maybe about 90%.  Sleep longer & better on many nights when I wear, but it took a while to gain this level of comfort.  Haven't yet peed the bed when I wasn't wearing.

Peeing in bed 2-3 times a night vs. holding it & waking up once seems to have a calming effect for the following day(s).  I think there's a hormonal thing going on.  Could be related to vasopressin, the anti-diuretic hormone produced at night that also produces anxiety.

The diaper does hold heat in.  Get used to reducing the blankets and/or sweating and/or turning up the a/c.  This part can be not fun.  I wonder if the hormonal effect is, or is also, related to cooking the testosterone-producing piece and slowing down the production of testosterone.

My stent does the job perfectly... ?

Don't want to spoil a party, but I don't believe in psychologically induced incontinence. Simply because the pelvic floor muscles work subconsciously untill the bladder needs to be emptied.  That's when we receive urge signals and those simply cannot and should not be ignored, why else would we call them urge signals? 

At best you decide to let go when you notice the urge to pee and don't remember it the next morning because you were not really awake. If that is what you want you might succeed, but to obtain true incontinence you need to take more drastic measurement like wearing a stent or a catheter. Wearing one of those your bladder will empty in your diaper before you receive any urge message.

For me there is nothing that beats a stent if you really want to become incontinent. You only have to conquer your fear to put it in your urethra.

?

19 hours ago, babykeiff said:

Also, it is very difficult to be a only a bed wetter while diapered. Usually it is bed wetter Or not a bed wetter. I suspect that Craisler, who claims that only wets at night when diapered also has a few accidents or near misses ocaisionally at night if not diapered.

I didn't experience that problem back when I started my journey.  I did learn how to wet only when diapered, however, most of the time I was conscious of doing it.  A full bladder would wake me during the night; I'd then wet my diaper; and fall back asleep.  Sometimes, I was only partially conscious when I wet.  There were times that I'd waken during the night with my diaper would already wet and I had no memory of it happening.  I never did wet the bed while not diapered.  I did experience a gradual loss of bladder volume the longer I wore diapers.  My guess is that my bladder was no longer being stretched by holding it in during the night.  As a result, my bladder felt full after shorter periods of time and I had to urinate more often both day and night.

My experience (after five years) with the bladder volume issue is that it seems to return to normal after a few days of not wearing to bed.

Edit 9/7:  I have not wetted the bed w/o wearing yet.  But I'm not sure if I've wetted while asleep or not.  What's new & taken a long time to get there, is if somewhat awake, the awareness of the need to pee isn't much present (half full, say), but then flow begins suddenly and surprisingly, without any conscious effort at all.  Being conscious, I could stop it, but diapered so I don't.  And I fall asleep very quickly, maybe before finishing.  So maybe it will happen someday, maybe soon, what others have reported.  I'll go to bed undiapered and wake up surprised mid-stream or in a soaked bed.

Yes, this can be done though it is probably the toughest "incontinence desire" there is to achieve. It is that this is in the realm of the subconscious and that there is a physical body function going against you is what makes it so tough. Since you can hardly control your hormonal vasopressin production, your focus has to be on getting your subconscious mind going in this direction. WMM files and hypnosis are aimed to alter the subconscious and they make a great starting point. If you want this with your heart and soul and every fiber of your being, then it is possible, but it will probably be a long journey getting there.

Take heart here, for we were all bedwetters once in our youth so it can happen again. It's just that doing it always is going to be a lot easier than only when diapered. Bladder capacity won't change appreciably for intermittent or short-term changes in wetting patterns, but you might experience a tendency to release earlier in the times when you are not exercising control and for a short time thereafter. It generally takes a month or longer of continuous loss of control to change the actual capacity, and that process is slow, so you're looking at 6-12 months before you see a severe reduction. This is according to nurses and caregivers I've spoken with, so I believe them. Even after years of wetting freely without restraint, my own bladder holds almost as much as it always did, which shows itself in my morning wettings just after I get up. I can't understand why things work like this for me when I'd prefer wetting in my sleep, but it just happens this way and I don't fight it. I'm still wet from the night before anyway though I almost always wake a bit to do that so I'm happy enough like this. 

I think that we all would like to have a "continence switch" that we could turn on and off at will. Even better would be one that could be placed in the hands of someone else if we wanted that. Of course some of us would turn continence off then put the switch away forever, but it's just not in the cards yet. The closest we can get to this is through subconscious efforts, such as suggestion or hypnosis, or through conditioning triggered by something like putting a diaper on for bed. You can get pretty close this way, but it isn't easy and isn't 100% like a real "switch" would be. It an be good enough so pursue your dreams and take the wins as you can get them.

Bettypooh

On 9/6/2018 at 8:56 AM, Bettypooh said:

Yes, this can be done though it is probably the toughest "incontinence desire" there is to achieve. It is that this is in the realm of the subconscious and that there is a physical body function going against you is what makes it so tough. Since you can hardly control your hormonal vasopressin production, your focus has to be on getting your subconscious mind going in this direction. WMM files and hypnosis are aimed to alter the subconscious and they make a great starting point. If you want this with your heart and soul and every fiber of your being, then it is possible, but it will probably be a long journey getting there.

Take heart here, for we were all bedwetters once in our youth so it can happen again. It's just that doing it always is going to be a lot easier than only when diapered. Bladder capacity won't change appreciably for intermittent or short-term changes in wetting patterns, but you might experience a tendency to release earlier in the times when you are not exercising control and for a short time thereafter. It generally takes a month or longer of continuous loss of control to change the actual capacity, and that process is slow, so you're looking at 6-12 months before you see a severe reduction. This is according to nurses and caregivers I've spoken with, so I believe them. Even after years of wetting freely without restraint, my own bladder holds almost as much as it always did, which shows itself in my morning wettings just after I get up. I can't understand why things work like this for me when I'd prefer wetting in my sleep, but it just happens this way and I don't fight it. I'm still wet from the night before anyway though I almost always wake a bit to do that so I'm happy enough like this. 

I think that we all would like to have a "continence switch" that we could turn on and off at will. Even better would be one that could be placed in the hands of someone else if we wanted that. Of course some of us would turn continence off then put the switch away forever, but it's just not in the cards yet. The closest we can get to this is through subconscious efforts, such as suggestion or hypnosis, or through conditioning triggered by something like putting a diaper on for bed. You can get pretty close this way, but it isn't easy and isn't 100% like a real "switch" would be. It an be good enough so pursue your dreams and take the wins as you can get them.

Bettypooh

Hi Bettypooh.  I have been reading your comments for a while now and I really enjoy reading them.  You are so detailed.

I like to use a catheter connected directly to a night bag. The bag is enclosed in a hot water bottle cover so there is a warm water bottle to snuggle up to.   

I too like the use of a Foley catheter and the Spanner stent love bladder spasms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk