LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does it drive anyone crazy that people go by waist size instead of hips?

Whenever people are talking about diapers, especially toddler pull ups or Goodnites or baby diapers,, they will mention waist size instead. 

Waist size does not determine what diapers will fit. If I always went by waist size, I would always be getting clothes that don't fit me. But a dress based on waist, oh no, it is too tight around my buttocks and hips and thighs but but but it had my waist size listed in this size, what the heck? I buy pants based on my waist size, oh no can't get them on passed my thighs. Or I see youth diapers listed in my waist size, I buy those but then I find I can't get them on around my butt and hips and below my navel because the sides are not stretchy. And baby diapers don't go up to our waist because the diapers are not long enough. Our waist is where our belly button is, not below it. Another reason why this waist size stuff drives me crazy. 

On average medium diapers say they fit waist 32-44 waist size but those diapers still fit me because of my hip size so it makes the tapes lopsided and crooked. The top two are close together while the bottoms ones are further apart on the diaper.  Now packs say waist/hips because you go by whatever is bigger to determine what size will fit. 

So this is why I always go by hip size than waist. Does this drive anyone else crazy when other ABDLs go by waist size instead of hips?

I do not have this problem because I do not use "fitted" anything.

That is the advantage of rubber panties that have a wide range of size like say "M 32 - 44" Also, you want to know, for panties side seam length or hip circumference, leg opening sizes (unstretched and stretched) and crotch width. Dipaers are usually good for about 3 sizes of waist; 28", 36" and 43" for Prefolds and 36", 44" for flats, a 54" would be nice and an 84 x 42 for rectangular would also be good

One problem with Babykins panties is that they are fitted with each size having about a 4" range. With L L Medico, I can comfortably use size Small to 3X. I can fet into a 5x but just about (It is a bit losse). I have Lg Babykins rubber panties and they are a bit tight. My waist is 35" or so. Also the unstretched waist is a bit inaccurate, A panty with a 38" unstretched waist will often fit me well

For the past 50 years, pants that actuall fit at the waist have been called "high waters" and most really fit just above the hip, even though  that is called the "waist"

6 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

Whenever people are talking about diapers, especially toddler pull ups or Goodnites or baby diapers,, they will mention waist size instead. 

Waist size does not determine what diapers will fit. If I always went by waist size, I would always be getting clothes that don't fit me. But a dress based on waist, oh no, it is too tight around my buttocks and hips and thighs but but but it had my waist size listed in this size, what the heck? I buy pants based on my waist size, oh no can't get them on passed my thighs. Or I see youth diapers listed in my waist size, I buy those but then I find I can't get them on around my butt and hips and below my navel because the sides are not stretchy. And baby diapers don't go up to our waist because the diapers are not long enough. Our waist is where our belly button is, not below it. Another reason why this waist size stuff drives me crazy. 

On average medium diapers say they fit waist 32-44 waist size but those diapers still fit me because of my hip size so it makes the tapes lopsided and crooked. The top two are close together while the bottoms ones are further apart on the diaper.  Now packs say waist/hips because you go by whatever is bigger to determine what size will fit. 

So this is why I always go by hip size than waist. Does this drive anyone else crazy when other ABDLs go by waist size instead of hips?

This is a pretty common issue for women that I have talked about a lot. I have a trim and skiny torso, but no amount of diet and exercise will make my hips, the product of my sex and bone structure, get any smaller. This is why I tend to wear skirts and dresses, or when I do wear jeans, shorts, etc... I wear them on my hips as it is easier to find a pair that fit me that way, instead of trying on thousands of pairs of jeans to find ones where the designer thought about making it stretchy enough to get over ma lady hips.

Now, target has a great line of stretch women's Levi's which are affordable, and do a good job, but their waists are weird, and I just don't like em.

19 minutes ago, GhostGirl said:

This is a pretty common issue for women that I have talked about a lot. I have a trim and skiny torso, but no amount of diet and exercise will make my hips, the product of my sex and bone structure, get any smaller. This is why I tend to wear skirts and dresses, or when I do wear jeans, shorts, etc... I wear them on my hips as it is easier to find a pair that fit me that way, instead of trying on thousands of pairs of jeans to find ones where the designer thought about making it stretchy enough to get over ma lady hips.

Now, target has a great line of stretch women's Levi's which are affordable, and do a good job, but their waists are weird, and I just don't like em.

I always get waist gaps as well. While jeans may fit me perfect around my buttocks, they are loose around my waist. Or when jeans do fit me well around my waist and buttocks, the pants are real loose. That is just the way my body is. Luckily lot of bottoms have elastic in the waist and ties. 

My hips are 35 and a half inches at 5 7 and 120 lbs. I weighed 118 today when I weighed myself. My hips were 38 inches at 140 lbs and 37 inches around 130 lbs. My hip size is based on how small my butt will get. But my waist size is 27 inches. 

Perhaps it would be better to ask, "Use the larger of hips or waist when deciding diaper size." Often men and babies have hips and waist close enough in size to make no difference, and those are the largest groups who wear diapers. Women and older kids usually have hips larger than their waists.

Some of the packages do say "waist or hips" implying use the larger of the two.

Even then it's far from foolproof.   Given the measurements stated, I should be in the center of the Medium range on most diapers.    Oddly, that's a bit tight in most so I go up to Large.   There are a few brands that fit well in size M, but most don't.

As a guy, my waist size isn't that much smaller than my hip size.  As my wife likes to point out, I have absolutely no butt.  

But I can empathize with you -- my wife often has issues buying clothing due to the differences between her waist and hip sizes.  

12 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

I always get waist gaps as well. While jeans may fit me perfect around my buttocks, they are loose around my waist. Or when jeans do fit me well around my waist and buttocks, the pants are real loose. That is just the way my body is. Luckily lot of bottoms have elastic in the waist and ties. 

My hips are 35 and a half inches at 5 7 and 120 lbs. I weighed 118 today when I weighed myself. My hips were 38 inches at 140 lbs and 37 inches around 130 lbs. My hip size is based on how small my butt will get. But my waist size is 27 inches. 

Hips are 26 inches, and Waist is 19 inches... at least before a baby got put in ma belly... now my waist and hips are elastic only as I refused to measure them now.  My ratio has evened out a bit during the pregnancy so it has actually been easier to find close that fit, but that will go away after the birth, and I am told that my hip to waist ratio is probably going to change...

9 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

Perhaps it would be better to ask, "Use the larger of hips or waist when deciding diaper size." Often men and babies have hips and waist close enough in size to make no difference, and those are the largest groups who wear diapers.

Well, probably more men wear them recreationally, but I expect more women wear them for need...

I look at at 3 "sizes" when buying, especially pull on plastic pants.  The first is leg.  If that is too tight, the pants are uncomfortable and tend to rip quickly.  Being male, waist and hip cause little conflict.  Males are short on butt unless wearing thick diapers.  One should buy what will cover all 3 sizes.  For me that means mostly buying xl got get the best leg fit.  Then the waist/hips are a bit loose.

As I guy, I can totally relate! I play a lot of sports, so I'm relatively thin (31-32" waist) but definitely have an athlete's thighs and butt. Every diaper I've ever worn has had the leg tapes spread very far apart (usually in a less than comfortable way), but the waist tapes are perfectly spaced. When I size up, the middle tapes basically touch.

Someone should make a diaper size for "fit" people with thighs, butts, and hips!

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Comfortably diapered said:

I have other thing in life that drive me crazy this is not one of them not even close..^_^

This is something in my top ten personally, but it is grouped in with normal clothes issues....

My top ten drive me crazy things that seem relatively inoffensive (So not cat calls, or having to hide sexuality from an HOA etc...)

1.) Paying a bloody extra tax on feminine hygiene products. It is quite literally a tax for having a vagina.
2.) Responses to waxing/shaving. You don't do it, people ask you why not? You do do it, people tell you that you shouldn't do that to please people.
3.) Why. The. Feck. Do. No. Womans. Clothing. Have. Functional. Pockets.
4.) Why do I have to carry a purse everywhere... oh yeah number 3!!!!
5.) Why is it that no two brand use the same women's size chart... furthermore, why the feck do they need women's size charts. Why can't they just freaking use inches like with men!!!!!
6.) If you are not going to make clothing options that do not include adjustable waists, or similar things, them make em freaking elastic or stretchy, because not all woman have the same hip to waist ratio and if you dare fall outside of the three selected "acceptable" ratios, just go feck yourself.
7.) When men, who enjoy pockets, complain about you being angry about no pockets, and they say how much more convenient a purse would be. Go get one, Seriously. Use it for a month. I'll wait.
8.) When people complain about me wearing leggings as outerwear. See 6. If you don't understand why I said see 6, then there is no helping you.
9.) Why are all women's shorts either panty length, or knee length... can there not be freaking middle ground?
10.) No, no a mans T is not the same as a women's T only larger. Go Feck yourself.

Lol GhostGirl, you are so incredibly right. But try it from a TG perspective and you'll see some of that even more deeply ? Especially clothing fit. I know a woman who wears mens pants because they fit her shape better. I wore womens pants for years with nobody the wiser. Sizing is a huge problem, but to deal with it well you'd need hip size, waist size, waist height, leg diameter, and leg length just to start. And that's just from the waist down; above there has many variations too so buying a dress would have a dozen measurements involved. They could at least standardize the sizes now used but they won't. That's what you get when most fashion designers are men, and the women keep buying those fashions. Styles keep changing because it gets pushed onto women, and instead of rebelling like Poly Styrene did they just go with it. Unless one side or the other changes their approach the problem will continue ? 

A purse is actually kind of handy in a different way since it does better with odd-shaped objects and you're not going to poke yourself banging into something with what is in your pocket. It does take extra effort to keep up with it and to keep it secure. If you're out alone, what are you going to do with it if you want to go do some dancing? And if you have well-rounded shoulders, it never wants to stay put. Hand-held purses take one of your hands out of the picture, so you're always switching it back and forth to use the other hand ?

Dear heart, at the age you have listed here you've got a lot more to see ahead of you that you only have glimpses of right now. You will be deciding whether to fall in line with the rest of the women around you or whether to rebel and deal with those social consequences from now on. You will learn that the world of more mature women doesn't have much space for rebellion, so if you are inclined to change the world, then get going with it now while you can still find other like-minded women to gather your power with. If enough women will reject the problems that get forced onto them they can create the changes they want to see, and those who do that will always have an advocate and supporter in me ?

Bettypooh

1 hour ago, Bettypooh said:

Lol GhostGirl, you are so incredibly right. But try it from a TG perspective and you'll see some of that even more deeply ? Especially clothing fit. I know a woman who wears mens pants because they fit her shape better. I wore womens pants for years with nobody the wiser. Sizing is a huge problem, but to deal with it well you'd need hip size, waist size, waist height, leg diameter, and leg length just to start. And that's just from the waist down; above there has many variations too so buying a dress would have a dozen measurements involved. They could at least standardize the sizes now used but they won't. That's what you get when most fashion designers are men, and the women keep buying those fashions. Styles keep changing because it gets pushed onto women, and instead of rebelling like Poly Styrene did they just go with it. Unless one side or the other changes their approach the problem will continue ? 

A purse is actually kind of handy in a different way since it does better with odd-shaped objects and you're not going to poke yourself banging into something with what is in your pocket. It does take extra effort to keep up with it and to keep it secure. If you're out alone, what are you going to do with it if you want to go do some dancing? And if you have well-rounded shoulders, it never wants to stay put. Hand-held purses take one of your hands out of the picture, so you're always switching it back and forth to use the other hand ?

Dear heart, at the age you have listed here you've got a lot more to see ahead of you that you only have glimpses of right now. You will be deciding whether to fall in line with the rest of the women around you or whether to rebel and deal with those social consequences from now on. You will learn that the world of more mature women doesn't have much space for rebellion, so if you are inclined to change the world, then get going with it now while you can still find other like-minded women to gather your power with. If enough women will reject the problems that get forced onto them they can create the changes they want to see, and those who do that will always have an advocate and supporter in me ?

Bettypooh

I like most women's fashion, and when it comes to the top, I have not normally found to many issues. There is a lot more attention paid to that area with stretch materials, adjustable sizing, etc...

Something they don't bother with with pants. (I think part of it is trying to keep women in skirts/dresses where a lot of these problems don't exist.) But anyways, my rebellion is focused on LGBTQ+ rights in Texas... can't afford a rebellion against women's fashion in Texas too..