LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I did it! The first time I changed in a public restroom!

This is really huge for me! 

I went back to Walmart yesterday morning to get over my worry of changing in a public restroom and also I forgot to get diaper cream the day before. I already wet my diaper once before I got there but I wear Crinklz mostly and they hold sometimes 5 - 6 wettings depending on how much you pee. Anyway I first went and got my diaper cream so I at least had something in my hand to purchase and as I continued browsing and walking around. I had to poop so I went to an area of the store where not many people were and proceeded to mess my diaper. When I do this, I am respectful of people and do not purposely stand next to anyone to smell me. I continue to walk around avoiding people at least until the initial smell dissipates but even then I don't let others get to close. 

A little after I messed my diaper I went to the self checkout and purchased my diaper cream. Self checkout is the best thing in the world when you have a poopy diaper and my Walmart just added them!! I was very happy!

So I went out to my car to put my diaper and wipes in the Walmart bag I just got and walked back in to the store. The bathrooms are right near customer service so it is the perfect place to change. I took another plastic bag for the dirty diaper. The restroom was completely empty and I went into the handicapped stall. There was no where to place my changing supplies so I had to rest them on the railing and kinda tuck it. I had on shorts so I stood next to the toilet against the wall and untaped my diaper. Someone did walk in to pee and yeah I did make a coughing noise when I undid a couple tapes. I took off the dirty diaper and placed it on the back edge of the toilet so I could put the used wipes in it. That was a pain as well. I was finally wiped up and then had no issue standing against the wall putting my clean dry diaper on. I wrapped up the used diaper, put it in a bag and threw it into the garbage. I was considering just taking it with me and finding somewhere else to toss it but it is a restroom and I'm sure I am not the first to throw away a dirty diaper in there. I then went about my day and feel so happy and free now!!

• Like 1

Good job!  When I have been at a Walmart, I usually go to the back of the store where they have the family restrooms and change there, especially the one or two times over the past many years when my diaper has been more than just wet.  Winter I am able to stuff a diaper up my heavy coat sleeve and under my armpit where it won't be noticed.  Of course, your main goal was to change in a public restroom to get over your fear, but the family restroom at Walmart does help with two things from a practical standpoint.  You have a counter and sink where you can lay a dirty diaper without having to try and find a place to set it, like the back of a toilet.  You also have the option with changing a dirty diaper of using warm water from the sink and a wash cloth if your wipes don't do a complete job of getting you clean.  Congrats on not only changing your diaper in a restroom stall with others in the restroom, but changing a messy one!  That adds the extra chore to it all! 

I developed my "change while standing" technique after having too much trouble getting a fresh diaper on properly when away from home. If you are going to wear away from home, finding and practicing a technique that works almost everywhere makes life a lot easier, and reduces the stress of having to change somewhere in the public realm. When I began wearing diapers instead of pull-ups away from home, at first I had to be laying down to get a good fit. Now I can't get a good fit laying down for the life of me :P

Bettypooh

On 9/3/2018 at 4:42 PM, Diaperedrider said:

This is really huge for me! 

I went back to Walmart yesterday morning to get over my worry of changing in a public restroom and also I forgot to get diaper cream the day before. I already wet my diaper once before I got there but I wear Crinklz mostly and they hold sometimes 5 - 6 wettings depending on how much you pee. Anyway I first went and got my diaper cream so I at least had something in my hand to purchase and as I continued browsing and walking around. I had to poop so I went to an area of the store where not many people were and proceeded to mess my diaper. When I do this, I am respectful of people and do not purposely stand next to anyone to smell me. I continue to walk around avoiding people at least until the initial smell dissipates but even then I don't let others get to close. 

A little after I messed my diaper I went to the self checkout and purchased my diaper cream. Self checkout is the best thing in the world when you have a poopy diaper and my Walmart just added them!! I was very happy!

So I went out to my car to put my diaper and wipes in the Walmart bag I just got and walked back in to the store. The bathrooms are right near customer service so it is the perfect place to change. I took another plastic bag for the dirty diaper. The restroom was completely empty and I went into the handicapped stall. There was no where to place my changing supplies so I had to rest them on the railing and kinda tuck it. I had on shorts so I stood next to the toilet against the wall and untaped my diaper. Someone did walk in to pee and yeah I did make a coughing noise when I undid a couple tapes. I took off the dirty diaper and placed it on the back edge of the toilet so I could put the used wipes in it. That was a pain as well. I was finally wiped up and then had no issue standing against the wall putting my clean dry diaper on. I wrapped up the used diaper, put it in a bag and threw it into the garbage. I was considering just taking it with me and finding somewhere else to toss it but it is a restroom and I'm sure I am not the first to throw away a dirty diaper in there. I then went about my day and feel so happy and free now!!

Congratulations on finding the courage to successfully change your diaper in public.  It is not so easy to do.  The first time I did I was both sweating and my heart was racing.  After wearing diapers permanently for almost a year it gets easier and easier.  I still even now get bashful at times for some unexplainable reason.  

The best way to change your diaper in public in my opinion is exactly how you changed your diaper.  Let the bathroom stall do the work for you.  I hope you continue to let the diaper tapes rip proudly.

4 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

Congratulations on finding the courage to successfully change your diaper in public.  It is not so easy to do.  The first time I did I was both sweating and my heart was racing.  After wearing diapers permanently for almost a year it gets easier and easier.  I still even now get bashful at times for some unexplainable reason.  

The best way to change your diaper in public in my opinion is exactly how you changed your diaper.  Let the bathroom stall do the work for you.  I hope you continue to let the diaper tapes rip proudly.

I sure will, thanks for the reply! It's great to no longer have to worry about going home to change!!

On 9/4/2018 at 9:59 AM, rusty pins said:

Good job!  When I have been at a Walmart, I usually go to the back of the store where they have the family restrooms and change there, especially the one or two times over the past many years when my diaper has been more than just wet.  Winter I am able to stuff a diaper up my heavy coat sleeve and under my armpit where it won't be noticed.  Of course, your main goal was to change in a public restroom to get over your fear, but the family restroom at Walmart does help with two things from a practical standpoint.  You have a counter and sink where you can lay a dirty diaper without having to try and find a place to set it, like the back of a toilet.  You also have the option with changing a dirty diaper of using warm water from the sink and a wash cloth if your wipes don't do a complete job of getting you clean.  Congrats on not only changing your diaper in a restroom stall with others in the restroom, but changing a messy one!  That adds the extra chore to it all! 

Oh I will have to see if they have a family restroom. Are you saying it is private?

10 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

I developed my "change while standing" technique after having too much trouble getting a fresh diaper on properly when away from home. If you are going to wear away from home, finding and practicing a technique that works almost everywhere makes life a lot easier, and reduces the stress of having to change somewhere in the public realm. When I began wearing diapers instead of pull-ups away from home, at first I had to be laying down to get a good fit. Now I can't get a good fit laying down for the life of me :P

Bettypooh

I totally agree on the laying down diapering. Usually I will tape the 2 leg tapes and one waist laying down and unless I am going to bed, I will stand and tighten up my waist and then adhere the last tape.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:59 AM, rusty pins said:

13 hours ago, Diaperedrider said:

Oh I will have to see if they have a family restroom. Are you saying it is private?

Yes, it is privet with an outer door lock.  Go to the back of your store where the customer pick up area is located.  The Walmart's I have been in have a big counter, both regular men and woman restrooms off to the right, but if you look past the counter where the big double doors to the warehouse area is, there is a privet family restroom right to the left of those double doors just before employees would go in and out of the back room.  The customer pick up area is in an alcove in the back.  Go there, when you see the counter, walk to the end of it, look for the doors to the back room and then look to the left for the family restroom.  Inside you will find a toilet, counter and sink.  Very roomy and you can take your time in privet removing your diaper, changing, cleaning up and whatever you need to do.  No one else but you, just remember to lock the door once you go in!  CVS, Harbor Freight and even Gordon Foods all have restrooms with a locking outer door as well.

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Yes, it is privet with an outer door lock.  Go to the back of your store where the customer pick up area is located.  The Walmart's I have been in have a big counter, both regular men and woman restrooms off to the right, but if you look past the counter where the big double doors to the warehouse area is, there is a privet family restroom right to the left of those double doors just before employees would go in and out of the back room.  The customer pick up area is in an alcove in the back.  Go there, when you see the counter, walk to the end of it, look for the doors to the back room and then look to the left for the family restroom.  Inside you will find a toilet, counter and sink.  Very roomy and you can take your time in privet removing your diaper, changing, cleaning up and whatever you need to do.  No one else but you, just remember to lock the door once you go in!  CVS, Harbor Freight and even Gordon Foods all have restrooms with a locking outer door as well.

Nice!! Thanks for the info!