LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers = Less Stress & Anxiety (Anyone else?)

Ok... so it's been a few months since I told my wife about my diaper fetish.

She doesn't really understand-- but accepts it. It's true however. When I wear a diaper, I feel much more calm, cool and things that usually bother me... have much less impact when I am wearing.

I've recently shared with her how wearing them makes me less stress / less anxiety. It's just a sense of peace/calm and comfort.

Can anyone who wears understand/explain better?

Yea, that is kind of the million $ question - Why?

What I have told people, and it's true, is that I gave up on "why" a long time ago and just accepted that it "just is."

I don't know why diapers do what they do for me. It has never made any logical sense, I can't point to a good reason or a specific cause. And after a while I gave up trying to figure it out. All I know is that I am happier wearing, and I long ago decided that life is too short to not be as happy as you can be provided you aren't harming yourself or others. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sea Otter said:

Yea, that is kind of the million $ question - Why?

What I have told people, and it's true, is that I gave up on "why" a long time ago and just accepted that it "just is."

I don't know why diapers do what they do for me. It has never made any logical sense, I can't point to a good reason or a specific cause. And after a while I gave up trying to figure it out. All I know is that I am happier wearing, and I long ago decided that life is too short to not be as happy as you can be provided you aren't harming yourself or others. 

It took my wife along time to understand and accept my desire to wear diapers.  What she learned in the end is that by wearing diapers permanently I simply am a much happier, less stressed, and down right nicer partner.

Diaper desires are much different for all of us and only you truly know how and what diapers mean to you.  Most of us here do find some sort of peace and comfort when padded which in the ABDL world I think is a very normal feeling.

For me, being diapered permanently also helps calm down my sexual desires which allows me to focus and concentrate more on things that matter like my wife and children.

Yeah for me diapers also help to relief stress and make me a bit more calm but i also am not sure why, Maybe its a combination of the comfort and security it gives me and that my mind is a bit more likely to stray a bit to the diaper instead of the things that cause me stress.

• Like 1

makes me feel safe and warm, no explanation for it but it just feels right and such. just wonder how it would be if i met someone who weared diapers as well, kinda got the feeling if someone see me wearing i will freak out or something.

200% True for me.  Most days wearing a diaper simply takes the edge off, I carry on as normally as I can while wearing, but I am just down right more calm and excited about everything else. I found this to be something difficult to explain to my wife, but after 10+ years and many ups and downs, I think she is finally at a place where she understands the way that diapers positively affect me, make me a better husband, and she tolerates them just fine... as long as I don't flaunt it/involve her.  That is perfectly fine with me, I am happy to be able to wear at home when I want.

I also feel the same. I don’t know why I like to wear diaper very much. It is getting worse after I told my wife about how do I feel when I wear diaper. And my wife don’t have any problems with it. And she said that she like to see me wearing diaper. :D 

I've told the story of a good friend of mine who smokes pot as routine, mainly for anxiety reasons.  It helps him, and makes him feel comfortable.  I get the same feeling from diapers.    It's not so much that I need them to stay dry, but this point- if I don't wear them I feel naked.

Most definitely diapers help me to relief stress and anxiety. I have no idea why. Maybe it’s the sense of the comfort and security they give me. The only thing I am absolutely sure off it has been a part of my life ever since the age of 3 maybe 4 years old, well over 50 years now.

• Like 1

I just know that if I have had a crap day or week and as soon as I put on a diaper  I feel much better about everything that has happened. Yes it does take away stress dont know how but I know it works.

Agree that wearing allows me to cope better with the daily stress of life. And like some here my wife is diaper aware but here is the problem I have. When I tell her my diaper wearing is relaxing she feels that I want my diapers more than her. Anyone else get this reaction from their spouse ? Trust me I pay plenty of attention to her regardless of padded or not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm the same. There is a sexual eliment for me as well, but diapers are also a stress released for me. I just feel a little incomplete without them. Couldn't give you a reason. I just know I'm happier and less stressed when I'm diapered. 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I can empathize with everyone here. Wearing definitely helps cut down on my stress and helps me to relax. It’s almost therapeutic at times to put a diaper on. All the stress and trouble from a day just washes away, replaced by soothing, comfort, and security.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:39 PM, laughingmoose said:

I've recently shared with her how wearing them makes me less stress / less anxiety. It's just a sense of peace/calm and comfort.

It sounds like you've done a fine job explaining. If your wife is struggling to understand this then try drawing a comparison to her life drawing an analogy to something that makes her feel comfort and you can then explain that diapers make you feel the same way. If neither of you understands why this is a thing, then that is ok. No one knows where being ABDL actually comes from, so it's better to stop asking "why am I like this" and start asking "what am I going to do about it." Not worrying about why is hard for me because as an engineer/scientist I love asking why and finding the answer, so when faced with an unanswerable question I have trouble moving on.

For me, using this analogy helps. Think about feelings in relation to diapers like friction. Friction is a fact of everyday life. It is constantly used in engineering, has been studied extensively, and is well understood, but no one exactly why it occurs. Yet, people have learned to work with and use friction to our advantage despite not fully understanding it. In the same way, your feelings about diapers are a fact and not something you can change, but you and your wife can learn how to use this to your advantage.

1 hour ago, littleTomás said:

It sounds like you've done a fine job explaining. If your wife is struggling to understand this then try drawing a comparison to her life drawing an analogy to something that makes her feel comfort and you can then explain that diapers make you feel the same way. If neither of you understands why this is a thing, then that is ok. No one knows where being ABDL actually comes from, so it's better to stop asking "why am I like this" and start asking "what am I going to do about it." Not worrying about why is hard for me because as an engineer/scientist I love asking why and finding the answer, so when faced with an unanswerable question I have trouble moving on.

For me, using this analogy helps. Think about feelings in relation to diapers like friction. Friction is a fact of everyday life. It is constantly used in engineering, has been studied extensively, and is well understood, but no one exactly why it occurs. Yet, people have learned to work with and use friction to our advantage despite not fully understanding it. In the same way, your feelings about diapers are a fact and not something you can change, but you and your wife can learn how to use this to your advantage.

This is a very good annalyzation of wearing diapers.  A non ABDL partner can never fully understand what wearing diapers means because they do not share the same desires but they can understand ways that it will benifit their relationship.  I am personally selfish as an ABDL sissy.  I absolutely need to be in diapers even at the expense of my marriage.  That means my wife has to sacrifice a lot in our marriage.  She has learned how to use that to her advantage however and it has worked for us.

Wearing diapers is a big stress relief for me as well! If I am not wearing diapers during the day; I am always thinking about them. I often fear that since I have gotten so used to just letting go in my diaper when I have to pee, I may forget that sometimes I am not wearing one and out of habit; I just let go in my pants. It just makes sense for me to be in diapers so I don’t get the embarrassment of having people see me soak my jeans whenever I need to go. Even when I don’t wear a diaper, say like when I am at work, it just feels so good to forget the stresses from dealing with awry ass customers from the store and (how I like to view it as) pissing on those awry ass customers...Lol! 

It has taken me quite a long time but I have learned to let go of the stress and anxiety I once felt from wearing diapers. There are enough other things in this life that cause me stress and anxiety and I shouldn’t let diapers be one of them. I don’t know where this desire to wear diapers and act and dress like an adult baby came from but it is a part of me. I refuse to continue to beat myself up over this!:bash:

4 hours ago, littleTomás said:

I used a very similar strategy myself a few weeks back.  It went along the lines of "There is NO rational explanation I can identify for this and so there's little point in me trying to explain it to you, it just IS, I need to deal with it and YOU need to let me deal with it".

This position is a work in progress but does sidestep the argumentative suicide mission of trying to logically advocate voluntary diaper use.

I am definitely less stressed when I am diapered because I am partially bladder and bowel incontinent. When I go to bed, I cannot sleep unless I am diapered because I know I am going to have an accident. During the day, I am okay without a diaper if I am at home, but if I go out, I must wear a diaper because I don't know when I am going to have an accident. The few times I left home without a diaper, I had some really close calls of wetting myself and that caused me an enormous amount of stress. Just last week, I had a diarrhea flare up at a store and was not diapered. I barely made it to the bathroom. If I had a diaper on, I wouldn't have been nearly as stressed out.