LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Choose Your Own Adventure: Barbara Davis, Why Thirteen?

Hello friends, and welcome to a brand new, Interactive Story.

There are a few things I want to say first:

1) DO NOT TRY TO READ THIS STORY IN ORDER.

It won't work.  It will be confusing and awful.  There are choices (sometimes only one) at the bottom of each post, just click the link and it will take you to the next one.  If you reach the end, you can always hit Back on your browser, or click back to Page 1 and start all over again.

2) LIKES SHOW ME WHAT PATHS ARE MORE FUN/INTERESTING

Please, take a moment and like the parts that are interesting to you.  I worked really hard on this and it's also a very easy way to show your appreciation.  I'm going to judge popularity of the various twists and turns of the story based on the number of likes they get.  I hope everyone who plays at least likes the first post.

3) THIS STORY HAS SOME DARK PARTS.

Not every twist is going to be for you.  I covered a lot of themes, some of them light, some of them dark.  It has happy endings and bad endings.  I hope you enjoy both :D

4) THIS STORY HAS HOMOSEXUAL THEMES.

I'm a lesbian, sorry not sorry.  So there's lots of female on female romance.  I hope you enjoy it anyway <3

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

[1]

You stare in horror at the literal short straw in your hand.  You had thought it was just a stupid game, that they wouldn't be serious about it.  Who actually draws straws to decide something in the modern era?  There are randomizers on phones, dice, hell - you would have been fine with paper rock scissors!  But now the plastic drinking straw with the end cut off stared you, and you knew the guys in the room weren't going to listen to you that it wasn't fair.

And the grin on Richard's face seemed to indicate that it WASN'T fair.  The smug son of a bitch probably cheated you.

It sucked being the only woman on the team.

"Well Barb," Richard says.  "Looks like you'll be the one going on the trip to Dimension X.  You're doing a great thing for the company by being the first of our engineers to study their technology.  It's decades ahead of our own, and we're the first firm to get the green light from the government."

"As long as you don't mind feeling like a toddler," Bill laughed.  "But you're so short that you're probably used to that!"

And that was the kind of shit you put up with on the regular.  It wasn't technically sexism so HR had no interest in hearing about it.  You'd complained enough times - it was made clear, if being teased about being short was a dealbreaker to you, then well, you knew where the door was.

They told you that you just needed a thicker skin.

"Are they really that tall?" Michael asked - he was the only one you really got along with.  He was the sweet, sensitive type.  You were kind of hoping that he'd ask you out.  But those guys never did, it was always guys like...

"The reports say they are between ten and eleven feet tall on average - and that we actually shrink some when we go through, but it's reversible.  Who knows if short stack here will come out taller than four foot on the other side."  There it was.  The glint in his eye as he delivered the joke reminded you of how Richard had reacted when you turned him down.  Suddenly you were a stuck up bitch because you didn't want to put up with his shit after hours, too.  "But seriously, if Barb does a good job, chances are that they'll promote her."

You were already out the door, on your way to the waystation when you heard him behind you.

"If she comes back."

But the lawyers had assured everyone on the team that the rumors of kidnapping on the other side were grossly exaggerated and that no one had anything to worry about.

That seemed fine and dandy then, but you were a little less certain about it now.

CONTINUE

• Like 8

This is a spacer.  This is here because this is an interactive story.

This is only here to take up space, and make it harder to accidentally read into the next part and spoil yourself!  Don't scroll down past this, use the hyperlinks at the bottom of the post you're on to continue the story.

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

They're not in order anyway, I jumbled them all up :P

[32]

You wait until the click of her heels is gone before you climb down from the toilet.  Your heart races as you ponder your options - the psycho had stolen your pants, you need to find some new clothing, improvise something, or somehow make it back to the hotel...

This isn't good at all.

You push the bathroom door open and creep down the hall, looking this way and that for anyone wandering about.

You decide to head for the elevator and press the button, trying to use a potted plant for cover... but just as the doors opened, you felt hands grab you from behind and lift you.

"Hello there," a man with shaggy brown hair and a trim beard, with piercing blue eyes holds you up and looks you in the face.  "You seem to be missing some pants, Little girl."

"I'm not a little girl," you protest as he carries you deeper into the Robotics Wing.  You stare longingly at the closing elevator doors - you had been so close.  "Some psycho st- "

"There she is!" the woman from the bathroom shouts, running up to the man carrying you.  "Gavin, thank goodness.  This Little has been a nightmare.  Where are her pants?"

"No clue," the man shrugs.

"You took them!" you cry, pointing at the woman.

"Excuse me?" she looks at you incredulously.  "I'm the Vice President of this department, and you're accusing me of STEALING YOUR PANTS?  Well look here," she grabs your nametag and tears it off your neck, "Barbara.  I think you pissed yourself and ditched the evidence somewhere.  How about that?"

"It's not true!" you cry.

"Well," Gavin says, "we can't have a pantsless Little running around.  Why don't you just tell us where you hid them and- "

"I don't know!" you scream, interrupting him.  "She- "

"Well I know one place we can get you dressed in a hurry," Henriette sneers, snatching you away from Gavin.  Before you even realize what's happening, she's fed your legs into a hole in the wall.  "Have a nice time," she laughs as she shoves you down the chute.

CONTINUE

• Like 1

This is only here to take up space, and make it harder to accidentally read into the next part and spoil yourself!  Don't scroll down past this, use the hyperlinks at the bottom of the post you're on to continue the story.

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

They're not in order anyway, I jumbled them all up :P

[37]

You follow Gavin into his lab, marveling at his array of computer equipment.  He's got quite the battlestation - holographic projections for his design space, whiteboards positively filled with drawings and formulas - you get the gist of some of what he's doing, it's a mapping for the seed of a ridiculously complex neural network, far beyond anything you've ever worked on.

"Wow," you breathe.  "What exactly does Flextech produce?"

"We, like many businesses in Albion, are in the Little Care industry.  We started out producing flexible metal components - robotic arms and whatnot, but we've grown from there.  Why settle for selling the components when you can build them into a superior product?"  He smirks, obviously proud of himself.

"Wait - I noticed all of the child care stuff, but I guess I really don't understand - if your people have such a fertility issue, why is so much of your economy devoted to child care?"

"Not child care," he corrects.  "Little care.  Littles - present company excluded, I hope - are essentially babies.  They have no bladder control, they have very little emotional control, they exhibit poor decisionmaking, they require assistance managing their diet... "

"Wait," you interrupt as he brings up some statistics on his holographic screen, "I've seen some Littles - like the woman working at the hotel.  Are you saying that your people, the Exnines, keep sentient adults as babies?  Why?"

"We call ourselves Amazons," he states, tapping a few more buttons, "Historical reasons.  And the reason is - well, we have instincts.  Urges.  Needs.  It's a symbiotic relationship.  We need to care for others and we have few children, and Littles need someone to care for them.  It really is that simple."

"I assume it's voluntary," you say nervously.

"Well, the Little generally gives some signal that they need help, but they're generally too helpless to even ASK, you know?"

"Actually," you blush, a little embarrassed.  "I do need to ask you something - where's a safe bathroom?  The Waystation attendant said that other travelers would know where 'safe ones' are and I'm beginning to realize what he meant... "

"Oh, you're safe here at the office... though you might have some trouble using the facilities here, honestly.  Come on, I'll take you."

"Take me?" you echo.

"Sure, I'll walk you to the bathroom and make sure no one gives you a hard time.  You're a visitor, and a Whythirteen - you tend to be a mature bunch."

"Thanks, I think."

Gavin leads you toward the bathroom you avoided earlier, standing outside the Ladies' while you venture in cautiously, half-expecting a trap at this point.  You find no traps, but the toilet is positively huge and quite intimidating.  The only way to really use it is to remove your pants and underpants entirely and bodily climb up on the thing... which was kind of gross.  The toilet is clean, but the entire idea bothers you.

You hover-squat as best you can and relieve your bladder before climbing down and dressing again.  There's absolutely no hope of reaching the sink to wash your hands, it's much too tall - you need a ladder.

"Thanks," you say again as you emerge from the bathroom.  "Do you have any hand sanitizer?  I couldn't exactly wash."

"Sure, I have some on my desk."  Gavin leads you back and squirts a bit of sanitizer between your hands before continuing your previous conversation.

"So, you were saying that they don't ask for help?" you prompt.

"Exactly!  Watch," Gavin taps a few keys on his keyboard and a holographic projection fills the space above his desk.

The projection shows an Amazon and a Little in a room, the Little is dancing around like he needs to go to the bathroom.  The Amazon asks if he needs to go and he denies it, and they repeat this process a few times... when the Little suddenly stops fidgeting.

Suddenly, robotic arms burst from the wall and grabbed the Little, who screamed - and a wet spot on his pants was plainly visible.  He had pissed himself.

"You see?" Gavin asks, waving at the projection.  "He had every opportunity to go, but he refused.  He obviously wanted to be babied."

"Why didn't he take the offer?" you ask, puzzled.  Your situation had been similar not that long ago - you had simply asked Gavin to lend a hand and the problem was solved.

"That's precisely my point - Littles on some level must WANT it, which is a major reason it continues.  If they didn't want it, so many wouldn't find themselves in these situations constantly."

It was hard to argue with that logic when the case seemed plain as day.

"That's why," he continues, "we're so interested in you Whythirteens - there's something different about you, a resistance to being babied of some kind.  You're not the first Whythirteen I've met, but your type is consistent thus far."

"Wait," you frown, putting together some pieces.  "You mean I'm here for you to study ME?  I thought I was here to learn your technology."

"Well, that's true too," Gavin blushes a bit - it was cute.  "I'll be honest - I think it's an experiment to see if a Little dimension even has the possibility to progress the way we have."

"How many Little dimensions are there?"

"All of them," Gavin laughs.  "We've been looking for years, but every Dimension is full of Littles.  It stands to reason that some number must also have Amazons, but unless someone is covering it up... none has ever been found.  Just loads and loads of your tiny, adorable creatures."

The thought made you uncomfortable.  Apparently your dimension was 'more mature'?  You decided not to dwell on the thought any further.

You spent the day with Gavin, absorbing his lessons.  You had a nice lunch together before going back to the grind and all in all, it was delightful.  You met a few of his co-workers, but none really stood out.  His boss Henriette made you deeply uncomfortable, but she seemed too busy to really care about you.

At the end of the day, it was nearly time for Amelia to come and get you.

CHOOSE:

Ask Gavin out to dinner.

Go back to the hotel with Amelia.

• Like 2

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[47]

You almost give into the urge to ask Gavin out on a date, but your nerves get the better of you, and your comm is buzzing as he walks away.

"I'm here," Amelia informs you via the connection.  "Please meet me in the lobby and I'll take you back to the hotel."

"Sure thing," you answer, packing up your notes for the day and tucking them under an arm.  

The elevator ride is as uneventful as you expect, and Amelia is there waiting for you as promised.  You follow your guide to her car and submit once again to the carseat, allowing her to buckle you in with straps over each shoulder, across your chest, and between your legs.  After all the footage you witnessed of Littles becoming babies, of the Flextech projects in progress, you feel a little more uneasy than on previous trips.  You are at a severe disadvantage here, and you are more aware of it than ever.

"So," Amelia prompts, "Tell me, what was the best part of your day?"

"Well," you can't help but smile at the thought, "I think I have a crush on the Systems Architect, Gavin.  Do Littles or Exchange visitors ever date Amazons?  He's really cute and funny, and he'd be exactly my type back home."

The air went cold in the car.  You apparently said the wrong thing.

"No," Amelia says sharply.  "Amazons and Littles do not date.  Littles can barely be trusted to do anything alone, why would any Amazon see them as a valid romantic partner?"

"Wow, you seem to have very strong feelings on the matter.  Didn't mean to fuck up your day."

Another long, dead silence.

Amelia taps some buttons on the stereo and soft lullaby music starts to play, seemingly coming from the carseat itself.  You have to admit that it's soothing, and you barely notice that you've begun drifting off until it's too late.

"Thanks for the decency law breach," Amelia smiles to you via the rearview mirror.  "Between that and wanting to date an Amazon, that's all I needed.  You're mine now, sweetie."

"Not yours," you protest, but your eyes are so heavy.  You're so sleepy.

And before long, you're unconscious.

CONTINUE

• Like 1

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[2]

The waystation is a gleaming, shining bit of Star Trek that you never expected to see in real life.  It was built on the Dimension X technology... though you knew you weren't supposed to use that term.  They were officially Waypoint 2284-X9, and you had memorized that your own was Waypoint 1265239-Y13.  At least, you were pretty sure that's what it was.  You hold the packet of papers in your hand, your rolling bag behind you.  There were several other business and governmental looking types here and there, but no one stood out.

It was like a futuristic airport, but without the crowds.  The security setup was similar, but because you weren't going to be riding in a pressurized metal tube propelled by controlled explosions... security was lighter.  Apparently the people of X9 were substantially less worried about people from your dimension bringing weapons in.  It was a refreshing change from the bullshit security theater you were used to.

"Papers?" the Waystation gate attendant asks you.  The portal only went to X9, but the idea was that eventually they could connect to other worlds, learn new things and meet alternate universe humans.  The idea was thrilling, but for now the treaty with X9 stated that they were only allowed contact with the one dimension.  And the Exnines controlled your side of the gate, too - the construction had been supervised by them, and the operators were given limited controls.

You were dying to tear open the panel the attendant sat at and take a peek at the glorious innards.  But that was strictly forbidden.

It had taken a couple days of amping yourself up, but you were actually ready for this trip.

So you thought.

Legal had kept you mostly in the dark but supposedly they had a guide on the other side assigned specifically to you, like the one you had when the company sent you to India that one time.

That's all this is, you assure yourself, just another trip to India.  A different culture, a different way of life, but fundamentally the same.

The thought of your trip two years ago made you hungry - but you were supposed to travel on an empty stomach, so you hadn't eaten dinner the night before, as instructed.  It was 10 A.M. now and your stomach growls as you hand your paperwork over to the attendant.

"This all looks to be in order," he says.  "Any questions, Barbara?"

"Any advice?" you ask.

"Don't use the public restrooms," he answers as he stamps your papers and checks your ID.  "Use the one in your hotel and whichever ones other travelers tell you are safe.  And don't go out alone, stick to your guide like glue."

"Thanks," you reply.  You want to ask more but the glowing portal has sprung to life.

"Good luck," he says, "Walk straight forward at a steady pace and close your eyes.  Don't open them, no matter what you do.  And seriously - don't go out alone.  I hope to see you come back through that portal, I'd hate to hear you were one of the missing, Miss Davis."

Your anxiety kicked into high gear as you reminded yourself that was all rumors and nonsense, going over the statistics that Legal had given you.

"Get going," he prompts, "I can only open it for two minutes - if you don't go now, you get fined."

You close your eyes and walk forward, toward the glowing hole in reality.

CONTINUE

• Like 5

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[72]

"I uh.. " you pause, unsure.  "May I please play before dinner?"

"Oh, look at your excellent manners," Amelia beams, kissing you on the forehead.  "Okay, let's get you some playtime."  You expect her to drop you back in the playpen... but instead she drags a giant-sized baby activity center and plops you into it, supported primarily by your diaper.  Your goes dangle, barely touching the ground as you find yourself surrounded by baby toys.

"Wait, no," you complain.  "I want to go back in the playpen!"

"Littles don't say 'I want'," Amelia chastises.  "Littles say 'May I please'."

"May I please go back in the playpen?" you ask, exasperated.

"Yes you may," Amelia smiles gently, flipping on the television and turning it toward the playpen.  She pulls you out of the play-contraption and drops you back in the playpen, tapping the controls on the remote - which seems to adjust the angle of the blinds and dims the lights in the room slightly.  Her home is wired through the remote!

She leans down and kisses the top of your head before setting the remote on the table next to the couch.  Amelia hums a soft tune to herself and walks into the next room, leaving you alone.

You immediately begin pushing the stuffed animals into a pile in the corner, and with some effort you climb out of the playpen and dangle from the edge, dropping the last couple of feet and landing on your padded rear - you actually feel thankful for the stupid thing as you pull yourself to your feet.

You have an opening - you're out of the playpen and alone, but you're not sure what to do next.

CHOOSE:

Use the remote to open the front door.

The front door is too dangerous - find another way.

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[43]

You yank your hand away, running for the bathroom.

"Barbara!" Henriette shouts after you, but you've got a singular focus.  You dash around a corner... and trip.  And that's all it took.  Your bladder releases, flooding the pull-up... and it wasn't designed for this kind of flood.  You bury your face in your hands as you feel it leaking, wet spots forming on either side of your crotch.

You feel strong hands lifting you in the air and you just want to die from the shame of it all.

"I think," Henriette says cheerfully, "That you're far too little for a pull-up.  But I think this is a great time for you to get a first-hand look at another piece of technology."

You find yourself sniffling and fighting back tears as she carries you into another room, one where Gavin is waiting.  You stare at him, mortified, and he just shakes his head.  You feel Henriette stripping your pants and the sodden pull-up off of you and it feels like every second is an eternity as you just let her do it, too ashamed to fight back.

You're so focused on Gavin that you don't see the hole in the wall that Henriette is feeding your legs into until it's too late.

You slide down a chute, with no idea what waits for you at the other end.

CONTINUE

• Like 1

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[35]

"Actually," you step closer to Henriette - she's monitoring the state of your underpants after all, the last thing you want is to piss her off.  The way she had threatened you in the bathroom stuck.  "I'd like to stick with Henriette, if that's all right."

"Well," Gavin shrugs, "She is the boss, I can't blame you there.  It was nice meeting you, I hope we run into each other again - maybe we can catch lunch together?"

"I'd like that," you can't help but smile... and you don't miss Henriette's frown.  She must not like Gavin very much after all.  He wanders off through another door and Henriette leads you deeper into the Robotics Wing.

"Integrated circuits," she muses, leading you into a lab full of very tall tables.  She scoops you up by the armpits, garnering a squeak of surprise.  "I need a cup of tea," she explains, setting you down on a tall stool.  The technology arrayed on the workbench is astounding and you can't help but gape.  "Can I get you anything?"

"Oh yes please," you nod, not taking your eyes off of the array of chips and circuit boards.  She slips away and you greedily begin examining the technology - software is more your speciality, but you have a love of clean lines and the wafer-thin circuit boards are fascinating.  You try to imagine the fabrication process behind the tech, when Henriette returns with a small paper cup for you.

"I really just need the stimulant," she shrugs.  "Drink quickly, and I'll show you one of the fab presses."

Your eyes go wide and you down the tea quickly, it's sickly sweet and a little thick, but your mind is elsewhere.

"I'd love to see that!" you exclaim.  "I was literally just wondering what the process was!"

"I can tell you're the curious sort," Henriette smiles warmly.  "I like that in Littles, I want to nurture that curiosity."  She helps you down and leads you through another large door, towards a set of surprisingly small machines.  You can't help but wonder what the energy consumption is and how they provide it... every hint of their technology leads to five more questions, and you don't really notice the pressure in your bladder until you feel like you're ready to burst.

But that doesn't make sense - you JUST WENT.  That was how you ran into Henriette in the first place, why should you need to go already, it had to be a mistake...

It was hard to focus as she began explaining exactly what you wanted to hear and you found yourself dancing from foot to foot, trying to decide how to handle the situation.

CHOOSE:

Interrupt Henriette and tell her that you need to use the bathroom.

Hold it. There's no way you need to go, your body is mistaken.

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[82]

"Let's go meet this identity broker... I guess I'm stuck here."

"You kind of are," Claudia sighs.  "I really wish you hadn't violated the decency law... they get so many of you travelers that way."

"Me too," you sigh as well, sagging.  "So.. I guess I'm a Little now?"

"Yeah," she agrees grimly.  "Good luck, maybe you can beat the odds and keep your underwear... speaking of which."  She leans down and reaches under the bed, pulling out a pair of giant diapers.  "You'll need to ditch your underwear.  Actually... would you mind?  It's kind of hard to put one on yourself."

"You... you want me to put a diaper on you?" you ask, uncertain.

"Yeah, and then I'll put one on you."

"Oh no," you hold your hands out in a warding gesture, "No thanks."

"It's the safest way not to end up in one for good.  Trust me."

CHOOSE:

Let Claudia diaper you.

Refuse and take your chances.

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[15]

"I am so sorry," you stare up at the Exnine waitress, feeling the fear positively rolling off of Claudia.  It makes sense, the waitress is huge and angry and you remember hearing something about decency laws somewhere.  They weren't kidding, they took foul language VERY seriously.  "I am so, so sorry.  I'm here on a work visa and we don't have the decency laws you do, I swear I'll be more careful in the future."

"Claudia," the waitress snaps, her gaze turning to your companion.  "You're on thin ice, girl.  Be careful about who you hang out with."

"Yes Angie," Claudia nods quickly, her voice pitched high with terror.  "I'm sorry, Angie.  I'll be good, I swear."

Your heart pounds like crazy as the waitress - Angie - turns and walks back the way she came.  Slowly, the others eyes leave you and it feels like a pressure has lifted.  Before you can say anything, Claudia is across the table and in your lap, kissing you deeply.

"Oh thank you," she breathes.  "Oh that was so close, if Erin... "

"Claudia!" you hear Erin's voice approaching and you feel your lap growing strangely warm as Claudia sits bolt upright.

"Oh no," she gasps.  "We have to go.  If Erin finds me... "

"Claudia," Erin calls again.  Claudia grabs you by the hand and starts running for what looks like an emergency exit...

CHOOSE:

Escape with Claudia 

Pull your hand back and watch Claudia run away

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[18]

"It was her," you point at Claudia, your fear getting the better of you.

"Wha- " her face went pale as the waitress grabbed your dining companion right out of her chair and knelt down, turning the poor girl you just threw under the bus over her knee and flipping her long skirt up, revealing a puffy white diaper covering her bottom.

The Exnine brought her hand down over and over, dull thuds resounding from Claudia's diaper as you watch in horror what your foul language has wrought.

"This is it for you, Claudia.  This was your last chance.  At least Erin's getting good news, you're hers now."

"No!" Claudia wails.  "I don't want to be a baby!"

"You ARE a baby," the waitress snarls.  "Your diaper is wet you stupid Little.  You probably couldn't even tell.  Let's go tell Erin the good news, shall we?  You were terrible at your job anyway."

"It wasn't her," the human-sized server who had taken our order and delivered the food interjects, looking terrified.  "It was the Portal Little.  I heard her say it, it wasn't Claudia."

"It was her!" Claudia wailed, pointing at you.  "It was her, she said the bad word!"

"Well then you're coming too," the waitress grabs you around the waist as well.. and as she lifts you, the server tugs on your ID badge, the clip popping open behind your head and disappearing behind the server's back.  She gives you a glare like hot death and the mixture of guilt and fear is overwhelming.

"Why did you tell her it was me!?" Claudia wails as you're both carried away, her diaper being shown to everyone in the restaurant.  It was distressing how easily the waitress carried you both.

"Claudia's done," the waitress announces to Erin at the front desk.  "She's wet and she's been accused of saying the foulest of words in the dining room in full view of other patrons."

"Oh really?" Erin asked gleefully.  "The crib was delivered two days ago, I've just been waiting for her to slip up.  Thanks Angie - I've wanted her for a while."

"No, please," Claudia begs as she's handed over to Erin, but her cries were silenced by a giant pacifier.

She hadn't been kidding.  She was wearing a diaper and sucking on a pacifier, and apparently was going home to a crib.  And you knew in your heart that it was your fault.  The crushed look on Claudia's face will haunt you forever.

You know in that moment that you're a terrible person.

The waitress, Angie, lifts you up by your armpits and stuffs a pacifier in your mouth as well, before you can even offer a protest.  The rubber invader inflates behind your teeth, pressing your tongue down and silencing you completely, all you can make are small muffled cries.

"I can't afford another Little," Angie sneers.  "But seeing as how you don't have any ID," she looked vicious as she reached up and literally tore the clothes off your body, leaving you in just your bra and panties.  "And you're wandering the streets practically naked, it'll be easy to sell you."

Panic grips your heart as you feel your bladder release, soaking your underwear and splattering to the floor.

"Oh that's it - I'm not even selling you here, I'm selling you to Catalon."

You deserve it, after all.

[END - Bad End #2]

• Confused 1

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!

[12]

After a very quick stop to your room where you drop the two packets and your rolling bag, you head back to the lobby.

Eating out sounds much more preferable than eating in - you're in a commerce hub, a local restaurant is guaranteed to be within walking distance.  Pretty much any restaurant is going to be better than ordering pizza or a sandwich, and you wonder what this country's definition of "international food" consists of.  You're pleased to find that the automatic doors DO in fact open for you, and you head out the door and take a right at random, walking down the sidewalk.

The people are HUGE and it wasn't until you were halfway down the block that you remembered the Waystation attendant's warning about going out alone.  But you ignore it - you're hungry and the smell of fish and chips is heavy in the air.  You follow it to a lovely little restaurant... well, little being a relative term.  You luck out and ride the heels of an Exnine through the door.  It wasn't automatic and it looked HEAVY.  You could barely reach the doorknob.

You stood in line patiently and when the person in front of you walked off, you struggled to stand on your toes to see over the counter.

"Hello," you call to the teenaged cashier, a greasy looking boy with a nametag that reads 'William'.  "Hello William, I'd very much like the fish and chips."

William blinked at you like you weren't speaking English.

"Um," you tried again.  "Could I please get an order of fish and chips?"

"Did your mommy send you up to order food?" he asked in a tone usually reserved for toddlers.

You felt your blood boil.

"Excuse me, young man," you frown up at the kid.  "I'm thirty-two, thank you very much.  My mother is very thoroughly NOT a part of my life.  I'm visiting your dimension on a work visa, and I'm quite hungry.  And I'd like one order of fish and chips.  Now."

"Well," he pondered for a moment.  "Wand your comm, it's forty-two fifty."

Shit.

The comm was the thing Amelia gave you in the packet, and it was in the hotel room.

"Do you take credit cards?" you ask sheepishly, some of your fire gone.

"Look little girl," William glowers at you.  "I'm done playing.  I don't know what a credit card is, but you've got just two seconds to wand your comm before I... "

"There you are," a voice comes from behind you, and you turn to see a completely unfamiliar Exnine man.  He's even taller than Amelia and dressed in a sharp suit with a blue tie, his hair slicked back and a trim goatee around his mouth.  "Your mommy is worried sick.  You're in for quite the spanking, young lady."

"Just get her out of line, please," William groused, gesturing behind me.  "There are adults that want to order."

"I'm and adult and I don't know this person," you protest - but there's a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Just like Amelia did to help you into the carseat, the man reaches down and scoops you up by your armpits, holding you out at arms length and carrying you away.

"Put me down!" you scream, other patrons look his way.  "Help!  I'm here on a work visa, you can't do this!"  You reach for your lanyard with your ID but he snatches it, whipping it off your head and tossing it in the garbage on his way out the door.

"Not anymore," he grins wickedly.  Your heart sinks to your toes as you realize there's literally nothing you can do to stop him from simply taking you, so you scream.  You reach down to the center of your terror and you scream with all the horror and fear you can muster.

But it's cut short by a rubber invader between your lips.  He presses something and it inflates in your mouth - you tug at a ring on the back of it, but it's not budging and you can't spit it out.

You try to scream, but nothing comes out, just muffled noises.

"That's much better," he smiles.  "Children should be seen and not heard."

You paw helplessly at a plastic shield covering your lips - it's a pacifier!  He's stuffed a pacifier in your mouth and you can't get it out!

"Excuse me," a familiar voice calls, stepping in front of the man and blocking his path.  "I'm afraid you can't have her, she's already spoken for."  You crane your neck to see Amelia standing before you and relief floods your body.

"I saw her first," he counters.  "The law is quite clear."

"But you didn't," Amelia smiles warmly, waving some gadget around - a picture was projected, the two of you outside her car.  "She's mine and there's proof."

"Fine," the man snarls, shoving you into Amelia's open arms.  "Take her.  She's not that cute anyway."

Suddenly, you felt like you could breathe again as Amelia was carrying you away... but she didn't take you to the hotel, she carried you to her car and you quickly found yourself buckled into the carseat again.

"I'm glad I didn't go straight home," she sighs.  "That was close - he almost claimed you."

You had a million questions, but no ability to ask them.  You tap the shield of the pacifier with a fingernail, making a muffled cry for help.

"Oh no, sweetie," Amelia smiles sadly.  "That's staying in until dinner.  You're coming to my place - you already lost your ID and if I don't claim you now, someone else will.  No sweet girl, you're mine now.  It's good, honestly.  This was all I really needed to claim you.  We're going to have a great time together.  It wasn't very smart of you to wander off alone.  I'm sure they warned you."

You scream into the pacifier as the car door closes, thrashing in the seat.  Amelia calmly takes the driver's seat and fires up the car, turning on a lullaby that sounds like it's coming directly from the carseat itself.

This does not look good.

CONTINUE

DO NOT READ IN ORDER!