LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Raccoons are invading

raekun

Howdy daily diapers,

I just wanted to stop by and interduce myself before I get to the garbage bins out back. I joined here for the sake of finding friends with common interest. If I could pick one thing that is not diaper related, I would say I am into drag racing. If you ever want to get to know me better, just stop out back by the trash cans. I don't bite, unless I am provoked. I am also very friendly once you get to know me :)

6 hours ago, raekun said:

Howdy daily diapers,

I just wanted to stop by and interduce myself before I get to the garbage bins out back. I joined here for the sake of finding friends with common interest. If I could pick one thing that is not diaper related, I would say I am into drag racing. If you ever want to get to know me better, just stop out back by the trash cans. I don't bite, unless I am provoked. I am also very friendly once you get to know me :)

Hiya, welcome to DailyDiapers

29 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

be careful of rooting around the trash cans of the members here!  You will find most of them filled with used diapers!

No nappies in mine, as they're all going in the washing machine these days.  Mind you, it's a long journey here from Ohio, especially for a raccoon, so I'm probably safe anyway.  Only foxes & badgers to worry about round these parts.  And the odd mink.  Welcome to the forum!

Hi and welcome Raekun. Glad to dropped in, and joined us. There’s really no need to to hit up the trash cans, there’s plenty right here inside. We’re happy to share, but if you’re still partial to trush cans, we can have some new ones set up right here for ya! :67_EmoticonsHDcom: But, whatever you prefer, is fine. Have fun and enjoy! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 4:32 AM, Billyboy said:

Raccanoonie

??? Is this spelled right ... I could not find anything on it ... I love the way it sounds ... or did you mean raekun is native for raccoon 

Howdy Hi raekun! From what I learned in early life (because I was fascinated with raccoons), was that the English spelling and pronunciation of the word "Raccoon" CAME from the Native Amercan.."raccanoonie" AND I DO NOT THINK THAT IS THE CORRECT SPELLING OF THE NATIVE AMERCAN WORD. Now you've got me curious and wanting to research it! I really love the people in this place and you are another wonderful and amazing person! Thanx for sharing your time with me! I'll see what I can find. Hugs for you my friend raekun ???

I just looked for that word myself raekun and I couldn't find it either! Now I'm fairly certain it wasn't from something I had taken! I'm pretty sure that, at some point in my past, that word WAS said to be what the English version of raccoon came from. I'll keep lookin. ????

16 hours ago, Billyboy said:

I just looked for that word myself raekun and I couldn't find it either! Now I'm fairly certain it wasn't from something I had taken! I'm pretty sure that, at some point in my past, that word WAS said to be what the English version of raccoon came from. I'll keep lookin. ????

It must be old English ... you have gave me a new online nickname idea and for that I thank you sir!

Nerd corner...

According to the Oxford English Dictionary:

Derives from the "Powhatan (Virginia) dialect of Algonquin".  Earliest recorded in 1608 as "rahougcums", "raugroughcums", in 1610 as "arocoune", & in 1624 as "aroughcun" - by white settlers and/or hunters.  There's no record of any spelling anything like "raekun" in the OED.  Any "official" native American spelling must derive from more recent times so has nothing to do with the word appearing in English.

Thank you so very much Stroller!! THAT was very most informative and actually helped put things into proper place for me. I believe that one spelling was, if not the actual one, then so close as to be the one, that I got what I said from. I was going with what it sounded like to me to get MY version of the spelling. It "sounded" like I spelled it..at least what I thought I remembered. Thank you SO verymuch for researching it as professionally as you did!! What a nice thing to do! Some darn great people here in DD!!

Reakun, I'm SO happy anything I said or did might have given you a spark!! Giggles. I love the folks in here SO much!! They just make you feel good inside and it's so nice to be able to be "me" and still be the "other me" !! Let me know what ya come up wif, k? Hugs all ????