LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best stent retrieval line?

Hi, I was not sure if this would be lost in the great but very long stent thread and cath thread, so I am starting a new one.

Stent / modified cath users, what is the best line for retrieval? Looking for lowest UTI risk and lowest thread irritation.

so far I only know of fishing line, dental floss and upholstered thread.

i was thinking the thread might leave bits of thread in the urethra, leading to irritation, although it is very strong. 

Ideas as and suggestions? Thanks!

I have used for years now a 10lb braided fishing line. Unlike nylon line the braided line is very soft and not noticeable to me at all. The braided line can be difficult to tie so I will normally use needle nose pliers to pull the knots tight.

I use plain fishing line. As thin as possible as it minimises contact with the urethra and also follows the changes of the curves in the urethra when walking around, sitting down, standing up or moving the penis inside the diaper. Most important is to leave the knot inside the stent. The loose ends of the line can cause serious pain if they scratch the lining of the urethra. Nylon line hardly absorbs fluid so it stays clean and it never leaves bits behind. 

Cath did, I was envisioning a single line looped thru the cath, both ends outside, tied to an anchor (o-ring, size large).  This means two lines, but twice as strong an no knots inside! :)

Dean, don’t know of any ready made ones, I would be using the design from loveable_guy.  Look in the “close to incontinence” thread here.

5 hours ago, Justmeinnh said:

Cath did, I was envisioning a single line looped thru the cath, both ends outside, tied to an anchor (o-ring, size large).  This means two lines, but twice as strong an no knots inside! :)

Like you I work with looped fishing line but I prefer knots inside the stent. Your idea wouldn't work for me as I also put the achor o- ring inside the urethra, just behind the meatus in the top of the penis. A knot at the anchor would cause serious irritation then.

If I make a stent with a retrieval line I use fishing line, nice and smooth and no risk of particles coming lose. Over time I found a way to make a stent without the necessity of tying knots so no irritation in that aria. I make two types of stents one with a retrieval line and one without, but in order to tie the O-rings to the tube I use nothing else but fishing line. The one without retrieval line can only be removed with a crocket hook