LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Public Bathrooms

It can feel a little embarrassing trying to change in a public restroom stall but the more times you do it the easier it will be: having said that though I rarely use them, I tend to use the family room/baby change for diaper changes.

I find it makes it easier, I prefer to lay down and if anyone hears me make any crinkly noises well it’s a given in a room meant for changing diapers: plus it has bins meant for dirty diapers and it’s more private usually.

Oh and for the record no I don’t use the ones with plastic fold out tables, I’d probably get away with it but I ain’t risking that.

Probably not much help though, sorry 

@Diaperedrider Of cause such groups exists long time before the internet and they are pretty common at last in germany. I studied in the 80’s social science and volunteered an Organisation that help people to boot up such groups. I also visit such a group a view years ago when my urge incontinence  started to get some help and advise from others with similar problems. I think it’s exactly as GhostGirl says: In person is the way to go ?

22 hours ago, babykeiff said:

Everyone,

when wearing and using diapers, one must have confidence, in self and in the product. Unless one is openly wearing baby-like attire and extremely thick, bulky diapers etc, diapers are not noticable on a person. This is due to a few reasons

1. Without a reference of how big/small your butt is without a diaper, there is no point to compare.

I totally agree with the exception of one point.  If, for example you are wearing knit pants and you have to bend over, such as in another thread where a guy went golfing with friend and he had to tee up his golf ball.  An obvious diaper outline and bulk could show when your pants tighten up around your bottom as you lean over to tee up your golf ball or any other instance that causes your pants to tighten against your butt.  I have been out and have noticed a couple people who were wearing diapers just because of the bulk in the back of their pants.  Sometimes people who are incontinent or DL do wear thicker diapers that are bulkier and more noticable just from a practical standpoint, but I do agree most people wouldn't notice going about your everyday life unless you happen to bend or move in a way that could draw attention.

3. People assume that only babies / elderly would wear a diaper - as a result, they don't look and/or notice anything different.

4. People are too wrapped in their own little problems to even care and/or notice what is in front of them.

Considering all the above, changing in a public stall and the noise of tape tearing open and plastic rustling is only noticed by the person who is changing the diaper, and not by others.  I Disagree here.  Sure, someone may be standing at the urinal taking a leak, but whenever I'm in a restroom I am aware of all the sounds around me.  Someone sitting on a toilet in a stall talking on his cell phone, but also when a guy is taking a crap.  Don't tell me you never hear it when a guy farts out gas or drops out a load.  It makes a sound, and so does tearing off the tapes of your diaper.  People will hear the sounds around them and are even used to the sound a person makes while taking a crap, but even if they are used to the sounds, it doesn't mean they don't hear them.  It's even more unusual for a person to hear the sounds of someone tearing off the tapes of their diaper and taping on a new one.  That would tend to draw their attention. Also, if they do hear it and associate it to a diaper, you are usually not the only person in a public bathroom who is carrying a bag. Again, I think I covered the sound in my above statement.  I think when other people hear it in the restroom they aren't carrying their own bag weather it's for diapers or other things. If you are really worried, what others have stated - ie use a small sissors to cut the tape will allow you to remove the diaper without the noise of the tape tearing. Using wipes and placing used wipes in the used diaper will avoid you having to flush numerous times. Placing the used diaper in 2-3 baby diaper bags (they are normally pink and are fragranced) so they will hide the smell of a soiled diaper. Also, at that size, they will be easier to dispose of in a toilet bin, nobody will be able to tell if it is a baby or an adult diaper. Don't wory if your diaper has infantile prints on it, not unless one tears open the bag, will they be able to identify the type of diaper it is - which is highly unlikely.

Also, preperation is the key :- with the new diaper, before it is packed in your diaper bag, open it up fully at home (so you don't have to make the noise shaking it out in a public bathroom). In the centre, place 2-3 bags for the soiled diaper with a 1/3-1/4 pack of wipes and a pair of plastic pants (if you wish). In a pocket of your 'diaper' bag, keep your cream and sissors. Then, fold up the diaper (including its contents) into the size that will fit your 'diaper' bag. As a result, you are as prepared for diaper changes as you can with everything to hand where you can do this with the least fuss and noise.

If you are still worried about noise, when what you think is going to make noise, you can grunt. After all, non diaper wearers grunt to force out stool while in a bathroom stall, so a grunt is not that all unusual.  That goes to what I first said about how people in the restrooms do hear the sounds others make, weather it's grunting out a turd in the toilet or tearing off the tape of a diaper.  If noise is only heard by the person doing it, then why suggest grunting?

Do not worry about the noise, most people are too focused on their own little lives and on getting in and out of a bathroom (they don't like the place either) to notice and/or recognise you.  I agree if you are not in a place where people you know or work with are around, it shouldn't be so bad if a stranger in a restroom that you will probably never see again knows you just changed your diaper.  It can still bother some people though.

I think this is really a question of self-confidence. I mean even if someone hear that you change a diaper in the stall and identify this as a diaper - so what? I'd never been ask when I'm changing and even if - who do you think is more embarrassed? I guess that one who asking if you tell him the truth - what ever that truth is... And if not, then it's most likely an other ABDL... So you have god chances to make new friends... ;-)

rusty pins seems to want to cause problems rather than solve them.

Quiet diaper removal... cut the tapes, don't tear them.

Non showing diaper bulk... bend knees and keep back straight, DO NOT bend over - especially while wearing knit pants in front of another... like the example: on a golf course.

To every percieved problem, there IS a solution... OR you can expose yourself if you do not think / plan ahead. 

While you were a baby in diapers, someone else planned for each contingency. As a person who is diaper dependent.. today you have to.

Rusty pins, please don't create problems - offer solutions.

I won't comment much but would love to know specifically how what I said was "creating a problem".  My positive rating is pretty high and I very rairly get accused of causing problems and most often get praised for offering advice and solutions.  I stand by what I said about being in a restroom and always being able to hear all the sounds around me.  It seems to me if someone is nervous about changing his diaper in a public restroom because he or she is afraid or concerned others might hear what they are doing, it is a legitimate fear.  I hear people doing their business when in the restroom all the time.  To say that only you and no one else will hear what you are doing, from my experience is not correct.  I agree that using sissors to cut through the tapes instead of ripping them off is a good idea.  Being a quiet as you can will help some with your fears.  The more you do it the more comfortable you should get.  Either way, your concern that people can hear what you are doing is valid as people can hear.  Weather they care what you are doing or not is more important to how you may feel about it   One person has one opinion, I have another and mine is based on my experience of hearing others whenever I am in a restroom.

• Like 1

Perception varies widely in people. Most people aren't paying a lot of attention to things going on around them, but there are people who miss almost nothing. My HVAC contractor seemingly didn't know as he is always focused on his own work, but one day my movement caused a distinct crinkle and from the corner of my eye I saw him staring at my backside. Nothing has ever been said and for me that's good enough. 

In the end, trying to be reasonably quiet is all you can do. It will almost always be enough to get by with since most folks aren't so rude as to comment openly. Trying to be totally silent may cause you to become paranoid about the noise which will only make matters worse. Act confident and quietly go about your business as if nothing unusual is happening. Have some ready-to-use answers thought out ahead of time. Some of mine: "Well it beats going around in wet pants doesn't it?" and "Yeah, sometimes life's a bitch. Consider yourself lucky". Though it may feel embarrassing you don't have to treat it that way, and how you deal with things is what creates the outcomes, not how you feel about them.

Bettypooh

• 1 month later...

I usually just change and toss the used one in the trash, I only feel silly if its one with print on it, though I typically only buy plain white ones, but if they're out of stock I get whats available in my size, usually Little Pawz or Space (ABU's). I've noticed people rarely say anything, or if they do, they wait til I'm out of hearing distance. Luckily when I'm at work its only me there as I'm required to lock the door if I need to use the restroom, so no worries at work.

Noticing someone that is changing a diaper in a public restroom is not hard to do if you recognize the signs.  At least not to me, someone who knows what to listen and look for!  Having said that, when I am in a rest stop of some other sort of public bathroom, If I hear the sound of a diaper being removed I do not stick around to make that person feel embarrassed, I do my business, wash up and quickly leave.  I will say that I have often lingered around the outside of a bathroom if I can do it casually, to see if I can tell which person leaving was changing their diaper?  With that in mind, when it is me doing the diaper change, I plan my  actions if someone other is in the same area, either wait till I think they left or flush the toilet several times while removing the tapes.  To me, the most challenging part is carrying the used diaper out of the stall to a bin, especially if I do not have a bag or coat to conceal it with and others are still in the room.

7 minutes ago, deewet said:

Noticing someone that is changing a diaper in a public restroom is not hard to do if you recognize the signs.  At least not to me, someone who knows what to listen and look for!  Having said that, when I am in a rest stop of some other sort of public bathroom, If I hear the sound of a diaper being removed I do not stick around to make that person feel embarrassed, I do my business, wash up and quickly leave.  I will say that I have often lingered around the outside of a bathroom if I can do it casually, to see if I can tell which person leaving was changing their diaper?  With that in mind, when it is me doing the diaper change, I plan my  actions if someone other is in the same area, either wait till I think they left or flush the toilet several times while removing the tapes.  To me, the most challenging part is carrying the used diaper out of the stall to a bin, especially if I do not have a bag or coat to conceal it with and others are still in the room.

I pay no attention to what is happening in the other stalls. I'm guessing they are in there for the same reason, more or less, than I am. If I make some noise while cleaning up or changing then so be it. I just don't pay any attention. I will also walk out with a soiled diaper and throw it in the garbage (in a bag) right in front of whoever is there as I'm certainly not going to walk around with it. If I get any looks I don't know because I just don't think about it. Then I'll wash my hands and be on my way. The more you let it bother you, the more it will bother you. Never have I ever had anyone say anything about it. People understand. They may be thinking something but who cares? To hang around to see who may have been changing is a little creepy. What you'll find if you can spot them is they are human & look just like anybody else. Maybe that helps validate your own diaper usage but why hang out to possibly embarrass the other person or yourself?

Wether changing a diaper or using the toilet your doing the same thing they are,getting rid of waste,you do it slightly different.
Not a big deal.

Sent from my Z3001S using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

at first changing my diaper in a public restroom was difficult. the sound of changing a diaper would bother me as to who is listening and can tell exactly what I am doing by the tell tale signs of changing a diaper.  the most problem I have is being a guy their is usually not a trash can in the stall and walking out of the stall for a guy I have to say is probably more difficult. it has become more easier to change my diaper in a public restroom the more I have done it. I have been wearing 24/7 for the past 10+ years now and am not to the point that I care a lot less what people thing about me changing my diaper in the stall next to me and then carrying the wet diaper out of the stall and throw it in the trash can while they are standing their. but I have to say it all depend on the place and depending on the place I have found depends on how the people react with out words.

I have carried a rolled up diaper out of a stall more times then I can remember no one has said anything or ever showen a reaction to my diaper, I think it helps to be confident and show no fear of what others may or may not say or do helps as people can read the fear or worry in your face or actions as you walk out carrying a used diaper.

after years of wearing and almost 5000 or so diaper changes about half in public you really do stop thinking about your diaper and how to dispose of it.

• 1 month later...

I've used "Belted-Undergarments" (nowadays called "Belted Shields" by the same industry) mostly, since my adventure began in August-2002. They unbutton, so I can change without disturbing my footwear or dropping my pants lower than knee-level. I have a couple of jackets with 'smuggler' inside-pockets (the outer pocket sewed to other seams so it won't sag). Both my heavier one and my lighter one can smuggle 1 or 2 spare Belted-Diapers in Ziploc™ bags without looking it--my "boyish figure" is that of a potbellied toddler with no butt anyway, so I bought the coats a size or 2 larger in the middle. People see some old fat guy & pay no further attention, mostly--except every once in a while when a lady's eyes lock onto my belly & points-south as if she had X-Ray-vision & was ...entertained (which I don't mind a bit). I have yet to get any grief using a public bathroom (but If anything just doesn't look right, I'm wearing my Adult-Diaper so stopping in any particular one is optional. Best regards, all.

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2018 at 9:45 AM, babykeiff said:

Everyone,

when wearing and using diapers, one must have confidence, in self and in the product. Unless one is openly wearing baby-like attire and extremely thick, bulky diapers etc, diapers are not noticable on a person. This is due to a few reasons

1. Without a reference of how big/small your butt is without a diaper, there is no point to compare.

2. Adult sized disposable diapers (normally called slips etc or anything else so not to associate them as a diaper) are designed to be as discrete as possible. This actually works - it is very difficult to near impossible without close investigation to tell if a person is wearing protection.

3. People assume that only babies / elderly would wear a diaper - as a result, they don't look and/or notice anything different.

4. People are too wrapped in their own little problems to even care and/or notice what is in front of them.

Considering all the above, changing in a public stall and the noise of tape tearing open and plastic rustling is only noticed by the person who is changing the diaper, and not by others. Also, if they do hear it and associate it to a diaper, you are usually not the only person in a public bathroom who is carrying a bag. If you are really worried, what others have stated - ie use a small sissors to cut the tape will allow you to remove the diaper without the noise of the tape tearing. Using wipes and placing used wipes in the used diaper will avoid you having to flush numerous times. Placing the used diaper in 2-3 baby diaper bags (they are normally pink and are fragranced) so they will hide the smell of a soiled diaper. Also, at that size, they will be easier to dispose of in a toilet bin, nobody will be able to tell if it is a baby or an adult diaper. Don't wory if your diaper has infantile prints on it, not unless one tears open the bag, will they be able to identify the type of diaper it is - which is highly unlikely.

Also, preperation is the key :- with the new diaper, before it is packed in your diaper bag, open it up fully at home (so you don't have to make the noise shaking it out in a public bathroom). In the centre, place 2-3 bags for the soiled diaper with a 1/3-1/4 pack of wipes and a pair of plastic pants (if you wish). In a pocket of your 'diaper' bag, keep your cream and sissors. Then, fold up the diaper (including its contents) into the size that will fit your 'diaper' bag. As a result, you are as prepared for diaper changes as you can with everything to hand where you can do this with the least fuss and noise.

If you are still worried about noise, when what you think is going to make noise, you can grunt. After all, non diaper wearers grunt to force out stool while in a bathroom stall, so a grunt is not that all unusual.

Do not worry about the noise, most people are too focused on their own little lives and on getting in and out of a bathroom (they don't like the place either) to notice and/or recognise you.

Very sound advice but I must respectfully disagree that the only person in the restroom that can hear you changing your diaper is you.  The sound is really distinctive and can be loud.  I change in very crowded airport restrooms and I can tell by looks when those around me heard me taking care of my diaper changing business.  I have even had people leave from the stall next to me before.  Your suggestion to cut the tapes in my opinion is the greatest mitigator of diaper crinkle.  In the past I often just ripped the sides of my diaper.  You mentioned using a grunt to hide the sound of a tape ripping off.  A cough works great too as well as a timely toilet flush.

Now I really do not care.  I let my diaper tabs rip and do what I need to do.  No more waiting for the right time to change my diaper.  People can either mind their own business or not.  Either way my diaper is getting changed.

• Like 1

In most cases the handicap stall is inadequate for wheelchairs, we can't go in close the door or have any room to change ,if I absolutely can't wait we will go in to bathroom let door close and I will back my chair against the door the chair & it's batteries ,are 500 Lbs add me another 130 ,not many people are going to come through that door .fortunately it is rare to not find a "family style" or at the least a seldom used restroom of the beaten path ,bathroom app comes in very handy for finding a more suitable place . Before wheelchair came into the picture ,i would just change in any stall ,i don't care about diaper noise or changing sounds ,it's got to be done , just like a continent person can't hold it back forever neither can a diaper,it's best to get on with it ,by delaying you may set yourself up for catastrophic leak ,that's a he'll of alot more embarrassing than any noise!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

My favourite cloth nappies have velcro fastenings.  They're quicker & easier to change than any disposable, but they make an almighty noise when undone.  I haven't yet taken one of these off in a public toilet - I usually wear cloth pullups with side poppers if I think I might need a change while I'm out.  Sooner or later I'll be caught out though, & it will be pretty obvious from the sound what I'm up to.  I can't say I'm really that bothered though.  As far as I know nobody's noticed I'm wearing over the past few months, but it's mattering a lot less to me.  Now I'm a lot more comfortable with the thought that someone's going to find out from time to time, & that it won't be the end of the world.

My favourite cloth nappies have velcro fastenings.  They're quicker & easier to change than any disposable, but they make an almighty noise when undone.  I haven't yet taken one of these off in a public toilet - I usually wear cloth pullups with side poppers if I think I might need a change while I'm out.  Sooner or later I'll be caught out though, & it will be pretty obvious from the sound what I'm up to.  I can't say I'm really that bothered though.  As far as I know nobody's noticed I'm wearing over the past few months, but it's mattering a lot less to me.  Now I'm a lot more comfortable with the thought that someone's going to find out from time to time, & that it won't be the end of the world.
I wear Angelfluff Ultimate 3 , if I had the strength and ability sure I would use pins, since I don't, it's Velcro FTW, doesn't matter who changes me I get a great fit everytime !

Thank you very much for your replies! Your posts have helped me tremendously! Thank you!
As of this year, I am slowly losing my urinary continence due to MS but at the same time I am and have been a Diaper Lover for almost my entire life. I posted my questions to you all because I am slowly becoming urinary incontinent and I am not entirely sure of myself (confidence wise) as to the looks and maybe comments I might receive after changing my diaper in public restrooms. It appears from all of your posts that you have not really had any verbal comments made to you after exiting the stall in the bathroom. This in itself makes me feel better and more confident.
As of right now, I wear night time disposable diapers (Abena L4's) all the time along with a booster and plastic pants due to the volume of urine I expel. If I don't, then everyone around me knows immediately that I am soiling my pants or shorts. When it is time for me to change (at home), when I remove the tapes they can be loud at times and I am not confident enough to change in the public restrooms. 

Penry
Penry
I'm in the same boat as you because I was diagnosed 3yrs ago with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. I have been needing to wear some kind of protection for the last 5yrs and have had some embarrassing situation while wearing out in public and changing in public bathrooms. I also have mobility issues which makes it more difficult to do anything in a hurry.
But now I don't really care anymore because wearing a diaper under my clothes doesn't make any less of a person and keeps my clothes dry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you because I was diagnosed 3yrs ago with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. I have been needing to wear some kind of protection for the last 5yrs and have had some embarrassing situation while wearing out in public and changing in public bathrooms. I also have mobility issues which makes it more difficult to do anything in a hurry.
But now I don't really care anymore because wearing a diaper under my clothes doesn't make any less of a person and keeps my clothes dry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I give this out alot ,go to Google play or Coloplast website ,download the app "wheelmate" it's an app that will tell you where the nearest bathrooms are and what they offer as far as accessibility, cleanliness etc... you can set up a favorites list etc.since its crowd sourced data it works all over the world and can be updated for your local area if you know a good public bathroom , that isn't in the system yet .

The last two days I have been on the road traveling and I made the decision to always change my diaper at a crowded gas station like Pilot.  Instead of bringing my backpack in the restroom with me I simply carried my new diaper from my car all the way to the potty.  My diaper was out in the open for everyone to see.  What I observed was no one really paid any attention.  I opened doors for people, walked past crowded counters, and even had to wait for a stall with a diaper in my hand and no one cared.  In fact, I would honestly say I get more suspicious looks when I come into the gas station carrying a back pack.