LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Real Rubber/Latex Mattress Cover

AbabeBill

Question

Can anyone helper me, or direct me to anyplace, that still makes and sells real rubber fitted mattress covers? They seem to be drying up. I use to know a few, but don’t see them for sale anywhere anymore. I saw a black one at Amazon, but I don’t think that’s appropriate. 

If not the old style rubber, maybe some of you might know a good fitted plastic/vinyl type? But, I want one that is soft, quite, and will last. I’m thinking of one made from like,  polyurethane. I know that would be strong, and long lasting, not sure how quite it would be though? 

I’m trying to help a friend find something. He wants it to keep any leaks out, but he doesn’t want a noisy, crinkly, uncomfortable plastic cover. He is most concerned about, company noticing the plastic being on the bed. I don’t think anyone would be sleeping in his bed, but all the same, he still don’t want it noticeable. Or, the least noticeable it can possibly be. 

He was using a “waterproof” type cover already. But I think it was, some type of coated cloth material, and it leaked through to his mattress. I’m thinking it was, what would be sold as a waterproof cover, from most box stores, which aren’t much good, it you ask me. He, is going to replace the mattress soon, and of course, want to protect the new investment, as best he can. 

Any help on this, would be great! 

10 answers to this question

Never heard of fitted rubber mattress covers. I have been looking for the traditional light ivery rubber sheets that were about 60" wide or larger. Babykins used to sell them but have stopped. Rearz sell or did sell the 35" wide ones in colors and you can probably find the same on Ebay but the ones from the 1950's? no soap. If you find them, tell me as I am leading the hunt for them as I did with the Comco panty replacement

2 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Never heard of fitted rubber mattress covers. I have been looking for the traditional light ivery rubber sheets that were about 60" wide or larger. Babykins used to sell them but have stopped. Rearz sell or did sell the 35" wide ones in colors and you can probably find the same on Ebay but the ones from the 1950's? no soap. If you find them, tell me as I am leading the hunt for them as I did with the Comco panty replacement

The next best, or closest thing I found, are the polyurethane covers at Fetwear.

http://www.fetware.com/mattress-cover-ultraflex-p-38.html

As far as rubber, Rearz has whatever length you want, but only 35” wide. 

https://rearz.ca/902-rubber-sheets-sheeting-wide/

What AB of 50+ years is going to use a POLYURETHANE matress protector?

When even Fetware does not have a decent rubber shet, things are really bad

The 35" sheets were not meant to cover the whole mattress, they were used for "draw" sheets, laid across the middled part of the bed and tucked under each side of the mattress. Sometimes an abosorbent sheet was put over that

On 8/22/2018 at 4:02 PM, AbabeBill said:

Can anyone helper me, or direct me to anyplace, that still makes and sells real rubber fitted mattress covers? They seem to be drying up. I use to know a few, but don’t see them for sale anywhere anymore. I saw a black one at Amazon, but I don’t think that’s appropriate. 

If not the old style rubber, maybe some of you might know a good fitted plastic/vinyl type? But, I want one that is soft, quite, and will last. I’m thinking of one made from like,  polyurethane. I know that would be strong, and long lasting, not sure how quite it would be though? 

I’m trying to help a friend find something. He wants it to keep any leaks out, but he doesn’t want a noisy, crinkly, uncomfortable plastic cover. He is most concerned about, company noticing the plastic being on the bed. I don’t think anyone would be sleeping in his bed, but all the same, he still don’t want it noticeable. Or, the least noticeable it can possibly be. 

He was using a “waterproof” type cover already. But I think it was, some type of coated cloth material, and it leaked through to his mattress. I’m thinking it was, what would be sold as a waterproof cover, from most box stores, which aren’t much good, it you ask me. He, is going to replace the mattress soon, and of course, want to protect the new investment, as best he can. 

Any help on this, would be great! 

I see that there are quite a lot of aquatic centers in NJ.   Go and look at Butyl rubber pond liner.

1 hour ago, Wet Knight said:

I see that there are quite a lot of aquatic centers in NJ.   Go and look at Butyl rubber pond liner.

Have to check into that, not sure of any prices. 

Black rubber is as babyish as a 427 cu in Corvette and as ugly as sin

Maybe these folks can help

http://www.lustlovelatex.com/22/international-association-of-heavy-rubberists-is-for-sale/

I hate to cross-post, but this subject is in two places so I guess I must

I  sent this note to Protex

These may open new opportunities for protex

1 Babykins has stopped selling their popular 14 gauge heavy rubber sheeting that was 60" wide by 2 or 3 yds. 2metres would have been better. This was much the same as sold by JK Perfect Personal Products and whas the classic light ivory rubber sheeting in every way, right down to the smell. It must still be availablesince they still make their rubber panties from it. The 35 or 6 inch were not meant to be full matteress coverage but as draw sheets of about 35" by maybe 66" in laid across the middle area of the bed to provide "spot" protection, and would not fully protect a mattress, especially a full bed mattress. This leaves open the market for durable full-mattress rubber coverage as well as a classic AB item from 60-70 years ago familiar to most babyboomers (the last I saw of one is 19667)

2. Rearz does not appear to be selling the vinyl skirts which A C Medical developed over the course of 15 years at my prodding. These includeed A-line in lengths from about 16" to 37" and full-circle skirts of the same range

Thse two items are very desirable in the AB/DL/LG market,which, Ithink Protex could use to improve its position and market share.. JK sold the rubber sheets not only in light ivory but in pastel colors as well. So these must be out there

I suggested heavy gauge rubber panties and selling sheeting, which would now include classic rubber sheeting to LL Medico, who looked like a good candidate for "one-stop shopping" about a year or so ago but nobody seemed to be listening