LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So I wet the bed last night....

mndl

Yeah, I wet the bed.  It's ok, my diaper held it in.  I have mixed feelings.

The ABDL side is happy.  The incontinent side is concerned that it represents a bigger problem with incontinence.  I have both - I am a DL, but with minor incontinence.  I wear diapers most of the time because I need something and like diapers.

So basically, who do I listen to?  ABDL says "hooray, lets wear diapers."  Incon says "go back to the urologist, this isn't good."  Maybe I go back to the doctor just to see if there's anything to worry about, but settle for just wearing?

I’m in the same situation as you mndl. I’ve just had some tests done I need another test which I will get done in a couple of weeks. I would always err on the side of caution and go to your doctor.

18 hours ago, mndl said:

The ABDL side is happy.  The incontinent side is concerned that it represents a bigger problem with incontinence.  I have both - I am a DL, but with minor incontinence.  I wear diapers most of the time because I need something and like diapers.

So basically, who do I listen to?  ABDL says "hooray, lets wear diapers."  Incon says "go back to the urologist, this isn't good."  Maybe I go back to the doctor just to see if there's anything to worry about, but settle for just wearing?

First, forget about the ABDL side.  Make sure you are OK first as others have said.  No infections, no prostate problems, etc.  It sounds like you have already been down that road a bit since you said you have minor incontinence.  You didn't elaborate on that.  Light bladder leakage when doing strenuous things now and then, having trouble holding it until you can get to a bathroom, or maybe just sometimes your bladder unloads without warning?  If the latter, I would suspect a problem as that usually isn't an intermittent thing that happens.  

Questions:  Do you usually wear diapers to bed every night?  Is it just for comfort as a DL, do you regularly wet the bed or do you worry that you will wet the bed and you wear the for the practical reason of protection in case of an accident?  How bad is your minor incontinence, and what happens in the day?  You leak a little, you have full blown wetting accidents, you just have a hard time holding it until you get to a bathroom?  That information will help us a lot to give you some answers or advise.  Since you wear diapers most of the time because you said need something like diapers, is your need for actual urinary problems or because you are a DL and they are a form of security and comfort?  If you wear them in the day, do you still try and hold it when you have to go until you can get to a bathroom, or do you just say, "I'm wearing a diaper so I may as well just wet in it instead of the bathroom".  All these are factors.

If with minor incontinence you have started to depend more and more on your diapers instead of trying to hold it until you get to a bathroom, your bladder may be weakening more and more as you don't try and hold your sphincter to get to a bathroom.  You may be training yourself to wet your diaper instead of recognizing you should try and hold it to get a bathroom when the urge arises.  Also realize as we all age, we have to go more and more frequently, especially at night.  When I was 20 I could usually go all night without having to get up and pee, or at least only get up once a night at best.  Now I average anywhere from 3 to sometimes 7 times a night getting up to pee.  I am type 2 diabetic and overweight which all adds up to more frequent urination.  I never wear diapers to bed and I always wake up when I have to pee.  Maybe part of that is because deep down I never want to wet the bed or have to wear diapers to bed.  Sometimes if I'm a light sleeper I can wake up every hour and a half to pee.  If I have had a hard day, worked really hard and I'm worn out, I may go as long as 2-1/2 to 3 hours before the urge to pee is so strong it wakes me up to use the bathroom.  There are many factors.

In your case, I would look at the following factors.  How bad is your minor incontinence and is it getting worse?  Could that be a cause of you wetting the bed once in a while?  Do you wear diapers to bed every night, and if so, why?  Is it for comfort, because you like to as a DL or because it's "just in case I have an accident"?  If wearing diapers to bed, do you want to use them?  DO you care if you wet the bed and wet your diapers every night if there isn't anything physically wrong with you?  It depends on weather you don't want to wet in your sleep or if, barring no physical problems, you wouldn't care and mighty even enjoy wetting your bed in your sleep every night.  I get the idea from your post that you would be OK and even happy to wake up in the morning in wet diapers as long as it's not a serious medical issue.  If not, then you need to try and find a way not to wet in your sleep if you can.  Maybe your mind says it's OK to use your diapers at night because you enjoy wearing and wetting your diapers.  If you wear diapers but really don't want to become a bedwetter and wet them in your sleep, then it may be that your minor incontinence is getting worse.  Only you yourself will know that as time goes on.  You can try things such as going without diapers to bed for a while.  Use a bed pad just in case of a problem but make a conscious effort to get up and use the bathroom if you wake with an urge to pee.  Try and limit your intake of fluids and empty your bladder before going to bed.  It may be that you are at cross purposes because you are wearing diapers to bed to sleep in, you wear them in the day for minor incontinence, but you don't want to wet the bed.  Either it will not happen, or it will happen because of your minor incontinence.  If normally you can sleep the night without wetting your bed or wetting while you are asleep, then I think you have to work on keeping that control as much as possible if you don't want to become a bedwetter.  That may mean going without diapers when in bed.  Get yourself in a different mindset.  You have to tell yourself that you have minor issues in the day that require some type of protection but you really don't want to have to rely on that protection if you don't need to.  That can be hard to do when you are a DL who enjoys wearing and wetting your diapers for pleasure.  Again, you may be at cross purposes, enjoying wearing diapers but not wanting to wet them in your sleep.  Weather consciously or sub-consciously, wearing a diaper while you sleep may be telling your body it's OK to pee because you are protected.  Wearing diapers all the time and wetting may have conditioned you to use them while you sleep.  If that's not what you want, you have to make an effort to stay dry at night, and that may mean no diapers to bed if it just happens very rarely that you wet the bed, as you suggested in your posting.  If all your efforts have no effect and you have been checked out physically with no problems, then it's possible your minor incontinence is causing a problem that will get worse as you age.  It happens to some people.

Last of all, and this is important, sometimes an accident is just that.  An accident.  Sometimes people will wet their bed because they have been drinking heavily that evening and are either out of it or so tired they just don't wake up.  Likewise, if you have had a very rough and long hard day of working, maybe being awake longer that you are used to, perhaps you were so tired and worn out that you just slept through the night without waking up when you had to pee.  It happens.  In any case, take what I have posted and consider it all.  Maybe that will help you find some answers about yourself, where you want to be, where you don't want to go and what you might be able to do to help yourself here and there. 

Well, to answer some questions asked:  I have been down the urologist road.  Tests determined that I get strong urges sometimes when my bladder isn't full.  They offered medication at the time, but I chose not to do that (side effects, effectiveness...just didn't make sense).  I wear diapers at night mostly as a DL thing - I wake up in a foul mood if I don't, though last night I was also being safe.  The minor leakage usually is a very small deal and one pull up gets me through the day.

Since it didn't happen last night, right now I'm going with a one time thing, but will monitor.

HI everyone, just to add my situation and thoughts. I wear pull-ups when I go out shopping and some of my work too, my reason is I have urge problem and a dribble problem, my dribble comes from a tipped bladder it does not empty completely my doctor knows about it , so to not leave the bathroom and dibble in my pats I wear protection, my prostate Doctor know I wear a pull-up and when I told him he said it was not a problem for guys my age. Oh I will be 77 in Oct. I am diapered every night partly for that reason and partly because I have wet or almost wet the bed not waking fast enough to get out of bed, I have been wearing a diaper to bed for 18 to 20 years and still do not always wet with out knowing. With all that I also enjoy wetting my pants, and diapers so the above kinda gives me an excuse to wear and wet. My common law wife know and diapers me at night time too. Oh when I am out and about I can not go more that 2 hours with out needing to pee. I have not told any close friends or other family members and do no think they know when we visit and I am wearing a pull-up. So that is my story and I am sticking to it.

6 hours ago, mndl said:

So update:  it's not happening every night, but it does happen every 3 or 4 nights.  Twice more since I originally posted.

Thats how my bedwetting started now 6 years on I am never dry at night.

The real existential question here is: Are you bragging or complaining?

• Like 2

Doctor first for certain, then if there is no direct cause you can choose whether to try to fight it, or whether to let it happen and protect the bed. Rather than endure the stress of trying to stay dry and going to the toilet as much as ten times an hour sometimes, I just let my body do what it would. Since I was always wearing a diaper it seemed the most sensible way to deal with it. No problems now other than having to ensure that I always have diapers, which is a lot easier for me to handle :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

If, like Bettypooh, you have to wet as much as 10 times an hour, then I would probably suggest diapers as there is definatly a problem with your body.  If no problem is found and you really don't want to wet the bed or sleep wet, then I would take steps to try and keep from wetting if possible.  No diapers, make an effort to train yourself to wake up a couple times a night to go and pee, etc.  If you try really hard and are not successful,  then at least if you end up in diapers at night you know you did your best.  I myself wake up 3 to as many as 7 times a night to get up and pee and I never wet the bed.

Maybe apropos of nothing...

Some years ago I was having great difficulty sleeping through the night as I was up several times to use the washroom.  I initially thought that it was a bladder/prostate issue (which was a later concern but not the primary cause).  Saw my pulmonologist who ordered a sleep study and found out that sleep apnea was a problem.  I really never got deep enough to sleep for my body to shut down fully.  As a result, I was producing urine all night.  This led to a full bladder and multiple potty trips every night.

A CPAP was prescribed and normal sleep patterns returned.  I still need to get up at least once per night, but great improvement has been had. 

See your doctor, be open to causes other than bladder/kidney/prostate.  Take care of your health first and then deal with any remaining wetting issues in the manner that best suits you.

Best of luck to you!

22 hours ago, dondd said:

Maybe apropos of nothing...

Some years ago I was having great difficulty sleeping through the night as I was up several times to use the washroom.  I initially thought that it was a bladder/prostate issue (which was a later concern but not the primary cause).  Saw my pulmonologist who ordered a sleep study and found out that sleep apnea was a problem.  I really never got deep enough to sleep for my body to shut down fully.  As a result, I was producing urine all night.  This led to a full bladder and multiple potty trips every night.

A CPAP was prescribed and normal sleep patterns returned.  I still need to get up at least once per night, but great improvement has been had. 

See your doctor, be open to causes other than bladder/kidney/prostate.  Take care of your health first and then deal with any remaining wetting issues in the manner that best suits you.

Best of luck to you!

I also got up many times a night to pee, usually 3 to as often as 7.  A lot depended on what I had been doing that day and how hard I had been working.  The harder I was working at something, the less I would wake up to pee, being 3 times.  I had sleep apnia and I did ask the pulmonologist if the CPAP would help in that regard and he said it would.  I've read many people here say that when sleeping your body does not produce as much urine as in the day.  That may be true of many people, but not me.  I produce a lot of urine when sleeping and due to chronic kidney stones, I will not limit my intake of fluids even though I do not drink water excessively.  I am type 2 diabetic which doesn't help any.  When I started using the CPAP I did notice a little difference, not getting up quite as often as I had been getting up (3 times instead of 6), but that slowly changed over time.  I may not get up 7 times a night to pee but usually at least 3 to 4 or more.  No matter how it may relate to getting up at night to pee, if you have sleep apnia, get tested and get a CPAP!  It's not about urination at night, it's about stopping breathing when sleeping depriving your body of oxygen increasing your chances of stroke and heart attack!  when I was in the hospital for my knee replacement I had a catheter in all night to get a good night sleep, but the next morning the nurses said I scared them to death because I stopped breathing all the time all night long.  My sleep apnia test showed that in about an hours time I stopped breathing 57 times for more than 10 seconds each time!  After I got my CPAP, the results showed I stopped breathing only twice in a 4 hour period!  It's worth your health and life, and even though I never ever thought I would be able to sleep with a mask and machine, I can't sleep without it now!

• Thanks 1
On 8/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, Little Christine said:

The real existential question here is: Are you bragging or complaining?

You know, I'm not certain how I really feel about it.  If it's just a new normal and there's not a major health concern, I'll adjust fine.  Happy about it?  I don't know.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:17 PM, mndl said:

So update:  it's not happening every night, but it does happen every 3 or 4 nights.  Twice more since I originally posted.

Yes I am doing the same thing. I have been 24/7 for over a year. When I started wearing to bed I would wake up and wet my diaper and just fall back to sleep and I got better quality sleep too! Now, like you I am waking up more than a few nights a week with a wet diaper and not even remembering. It doesn't bother me at all because I wet nightly into my teens and periodically through life. I guess technically I was always a bed wetter.

• Like 1

I wet the bed occasionally, my diaper usually contains the pee, but sometimes I overflow the diaper and the bed gets wet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk