LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Metro article on what it's like being ABDL

3 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Ikr! It's off to a cringey start with that graphic. ?

ETA:  Just read it- it wasn't as bad I was expecting.  

It seemed like the gist of the article was, "Nobody wants to talk to us, since the press always treats ABDLs like garbage. Huh."

On one hand, every person who refused the interview was described as being burned in some way by the media prior. So at least they got one point right i guess?  And they really nailed down that single perspective that gets covered in every other article/interview.

Then i read it a second time after the quick glance I took and...oh god no, please tell me comments are enabled.  Spoilers, they're not.

16 hours ago, baby_jyrbl said:

On one hand, every person who refused the interview was described as being burned in some way by the media prior. So at least they got one point right i guess?  And they really nailed down that single perspective that gets covered in every other article/interview.

Then i read it a second time after the quick glance I took and...oh god no, please tell me comments are enabled.  Spoilers, they're not.

They are on the facebook article! https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2053318998036711&id=117118184990145

I've seen worse but it wasn't good.  Although on the surface it appeared non-judgemental, it tossed literary grenades for shock value and provided little insight.  The cartoon illustrations were the usual cheap shots, exaggerated juxtaposition between infant paraphernalia and adult decay at its most unattractive.  Looking at the genre of the other articles from the publishing entity, this seemed par for the course.

I gave it a C-

Yes, the illustrations are crap. So missed the mark adding them. No idea why you’d do an article, which seems to try and be fair, and totally drop the ball on dumb ass illustrations. I wasn’t impressed with the article, even without the illustrations. It sets out to explain and explore the subject, but falls way short. This persons heart, dose not seem to be in pursuit of a good well rounded story. Why bother trying to do such a weak story in the first place? 

That's professional writing?

The cover illustration is cringy, and that sets up a bad tone for the article, and the writing was not very strong.  

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised that people are seeing this as an open, non-biased approach.  She intentionally used a straw man argument as a means of discrediting us as a group. Namely the statement that some claim AB/DL is not sexual, then using one person's statement contrasted with their FetLife membership to support the statement "even those who protest ABDL’s innocence send mixed messages," using one example, and not a good one, as a slippery slope toward demonizing the community.

The unspoken statement in this article is that ABs behave as babies, and claim that their proclivity is not one of a sexual nature, they're "proven" to be secretive liars, therefore they are sexualizing the state of being a child. <------- And we know the tragic implication in that. It's one with which we've been smeared time and time again. 

I'm sure she got the cold shoulder from those in the community, because they sussed out that she was trying to get clicks through being the barker at a sideshow (Step right up, and see the freaks, that sort of thing.)