LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Really don't want to do this...

11 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

It never hurts to see what the medical community has to say.

I could argue with you on that, but I don’t want to derail this thread with politics.

The long and short of it is, not every unusual behavior is some sort of Disorder. You have a kink. A fetish. No more, no less. Don't over-inflate your problems into some kind of brain disease. You'll be doing yourself and those around you a great disservice.

You can derail all you want.

I shall have to disagree with you on that point. Tis better to know oneself than dismissively deny facts because of personal feelings. Others might call it a disease or condition, but at the end of the day you just shrug it off and take it with a grain of salt. Being open-minded means considering more than just your own opinion, which is essentially what we ask others to do for us.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

You can derail all you want.

I shall have to disagree with you on that point. Tis better to know oneself than dismissively deny facts because of personal feelings. Others might call it a disease or condition, but at the end of the day you just shrug it off and take it with a grain of salt. Being open-minded means considering more than just your own opinion, which is essentially what we ask others to do for us.

I... Hmm... this is weird. Your tone sounded argumentative, but your words... agreed with me? I don't know where to go from here. ?

You'd previously hinted that the medical community identifies us as diseased. My argument is "So what? Don't let that ruin you, they have some good points. Be open-minded about what it has to say." If you agree with that then I think we're done with that argument.

I have worked in nursing homes for the past 5 years, and I also enjoy wearing diapers. 

I would rather wear a diaper than not, and I would rather use the diaper to relive myself than not. 

But as I work around lots of co-workers and residents, using my diaper can be problematic at best. 

So I find I must restrict/ refrain myself from actual use of the diaper while on the job, but I still get to enjoy wearing a diaper as often as I choose to. 

At least in the US, there is a huge shortage of people in the lower medical professions and now it's reaching up to Doctor level. One university is even offering free tuition to get people involved. You can leverage that into cash if you want to as they will accept any reasonable terms to fill the positions. Something similar is happening with my business but I'm too old to take full advantage of it. I can set nearly any price I want on certain types of work because nobody else will take it on with so much easier-to-do work available to them. If you can tolerate the work, then take the money and run with it. Boom times don't last forever in any field of endeavor.

Based on your synopsis of the definition, anyone who wears underwear every day must be addicted to it, because it is not necessary to wear it and many people don't. Ditto for those who hit Starbux every day. The key difference between an addiction versus a habit or filled desire is that addictions do some kind of definable harm of a significant nature. Whenever there is a vested interest in the person or group making a statement, they will always twist things to advocate their goals and Medicine is no different. To wit, I have a need to wear diapers. If I were trying my best to always stay dry I could manage some days with nothing or wear minimal protection. But I have an emotional need as well, which is every bit as legitimate, and that need is to be well-padded with no efforts made to maintain bladder control. Nobody comes to harm for me wearing, thus it isn't an addiction. If I don't wear I get so stressed out that I can't function well, similar to what a person going naked would feel :o  But deal with this as you wish, for it is your life and doing otherwise could be harmful to you more than wearing :thumbsup: Your happiness and your betterment is what matters most of all, and we want you to have the best for you.

Bettypooh

• Thanks 1

My two cents?  It sounds like you have chosen the wrong profession.  If you are that miserable, look for a lower paying general job, working at WalMart, pumping gas, anything where you don't need a degree from a college, but realize the pay won't be good and you can end up even more miserable.  Think of it like this.  When you have a low end job that most people off the street can do, your importance to the company drops considerably.  Your boss can ride you like a biker dude on a vintage Harley if he wants to knowing if you rebel he will fire you and hire some other guy off the street.  Chances are, the boss himself is only one step above you with the company anyway with an I.Q. about the same as room tempreture on a cold day.  If work was fun, they wouldn't have to pay anyone to do it.  The other option is changing careers, finding something else you might like doing and going back to school.  That takes time, money and how would you support yourself while doing it?  I would hate being stuck in a job where I was miserable all the time.  Every job I ever had I excelled and went straight to the top, but there are some jobs I had that I would never want to do again on a regular basis.  By the way, I was never ever fired from any job I had.  I just moved on to better jobs with higher pay.

One option but I don't know how good the pay would be.  Maybe be a personal care giver for someone in their home.  Maybe that way it might be a bit more relaxed and maybe you wouldn't have to be changing diapers all the time, just once in a while? 

• Thanks 1

@Bettypooh, while it isn't necessary to wear underwear at all, not doing so may cause chafing, which, sadly, I must admit I have experienced.

While there isn't anything wrong with meeting emotional needs, you must consider that waste is how our bodies filter out harmful substances and bacteria, which can certainly be detrimental to one's health if kept in contact with the skin. Bottom line: "harmful" really depends on how much foresight you put into treating your own body. I refer to diaper wearing as an addiction in regards to myself simply because when I try to go without I get cravings which grow stronger as I ignore them, similar to how addiction was defined in my reference.

Hi! ^^ It sounds like you've got a lot of internalized shame around your abdl side that you need to work through. I completely get it, I was there when I was 28 with all of my kinks and feeling like I was a compulsive sexual deviant too. Society and even a large swath of mainstream psychology tend to promote the idea that anything outside of monogamous heterosexual sex is deviant or paraphiliac, and we're surrounded with both overt and subversive messages that reinforce that every day. When you spend a lifetime absorbing that and, by no fault of your own, pick up an unusual kink your first instinct is usually to repress and deny, which only makes you want it even more. I think you'll find that if you exercise it in moderation (and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with wearing diapers to work, trust me) the compulsiveness of it will wear off. Like it or not, it's an emotional need that you'll need to fill, and not one that you'll ever be able to shame or executive control yourself out of. Happiness lies in embrace and acceptance, I promise. :)

There are good therapists out there who understand and work with sexuality issues, and will help you come to a place of acceptance. I highly recommend looking for one. Mine is great, she didn't even flinch when I walked in and said "...oh, and I'm an abdl little now."

• Thanks 1

While it's true that there are those in society who look down on us for our preferred lifestyle, it's also important to know how to interact with them. I don't hate myself for wearing diapers or engaging in ageplay, but in my opinion it's important to consider how much is too much, what your activities could potentially do to your body, and whether the person you're thinking about coming out to will be a complete as**ole about it ("you're not the person I thought you were", "eww", etc.)

Well, I definitely have mixed feelings about getting back into a CNA position, but seeing as those are the only offers I am getting I guess it's time to check one out. I just really hope this facility I'm looking at isn't grossly understaffed like the last place I worked.

Thanks for all the feedback and support everyone. I've recently had a phone interview (screening) for an IT position. I think I failed miserably, but I won't know for sure until a little later. I've seen a lot more IT positions pop up in my area lately, so I think I'll just keep on applying until I find something.