LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Well, I think my sphincters have atrophied.

Before I gave up and went 24/7 I was already suffering pretty severe ( almost total ) incontinence with bladder spasms and pain and severe ibs. When I started 24/7 a few weeks back and started to use the diaper for all my voiding needs the bladder pains quickly eased and went away as well as my bowel problems. Now I am not noticing at all when I go expect from the continuously growing warm and squishy feeling in my diapers. Dose this mean my sphincters are just staying open all the time? How tiny will my bladder become? I don't think my urologist will approve of this but bladder retraining never worked. Anyone else got to this point?

1 hour ago, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

Before I gave up and went 24/7 I was already suffering pretty severe ( almost total ) incontinence with bladder spasms and pain and severe ibs. When I started 24/7 a few weeks back and started to use the diaper for all my voiding needs the bladder pains quickly eased and went away as well as my bowel problems. Now I am not noticing at all when I go expect from the continuously growing warm and squishy feeling in my diapers. Dose this mean my sphincters are just staying open all the time? How tiny will my bladder become? I don't think my urologist will approve of this but bladder retraining never worked. Anyone else got to this point?

it is different for all.  I had something pretty similar a few years ago.  Started with spurts here and there and squirt after voiding and leaving the bathroom.  It went from pads to pull ups and now diapers.  Over time, I have lost more control, and my bladder holds dramatically less than it did in college with all of the drinking.  I am not sure my sphincter stays open, but every 5-10 min when I am staying hydrated, I get a bit of spasm and void automatically.  If I am sitting and "kinking the hose" the spasms build until they are unbearable.  I either stand or sit with one leg under the other to reduce that kink and let it drain.  I am in my a young male and now just diaper up.  I have a successful career and many great friends and a family.  Incontinence is just like wearing glasses to me now.  I do not call attention to it, but just put it on and move on with life.

I hope you find comfort to do the same

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, joemama said:

it is different for all.  I had something pretty similar a few years ago.  Started with spurts here and there and squirt after voiding and leaving the bathroom.  It went from pads to pull ups and now diapers.  Over time, I have lost more control, and my bladder holds dramatically less than it did in college with all of the drinking.  I am not sure my sphincter stays open, but every 5-10 min when I am staying hydrated, I get a bit of spasm and void automatically.  If I am sitting and "kinking the hose" the spasms build until they are unbearable.  I either stand or sit with one leg under the other to reduce that kink and let it drain.  I am in my a young male and now just diaper up.  I have a successful career and many great friends and a family.  Incontinence is just like wearing glasses to me now.  I do not call attention to it, but just put it on and move on with life.

I hope you find comfort to do the same

Thanks, I wanted to lose the rest of my control and diapers do give me the comfort I seek. I was just wondering if my sphincters really gave out that quickly. I guess I was going to end up in diapers anyway. I am just glad the bladder discomfort is over. :)

i do think i have been losing some more control by wearing so often and just using them. i had some incontinence and bit of urinary frequency before. but now if i try to like go out without wearing protection i get a lot more urgency and stuff. and i seem to leak a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

For me sitting or standing I’ve no “flooding.” Just constant leaking. On the fecal side I find that passing gas there is no noise unless I’m actually having a BM. Otherwise no noise which kind of tells me things are at least always partially open. I find that I now am beginning to have multiple smaller BM’s throughout the day & night. The one larger morning one is becoming less in size. However that just may be me. 

This thread may be better in the "Incon Desires" forum. I'll leave a link if I move it ;) 

It takes months or years for muscles to atrophy to the point where they no longer function. Muscle tone goes away a little faster, but a few weeks won't do it. What you're experiencing is a relief of stress from not constantly working a muscle anymore; my own experience was similar but took longer. It doesn't matter much if this is what you want, but it would matter if it wasn't wanted. If no harm is coming from something then it can't be bad. It might even be a good thing. While we're focused on incontinence here, that isn't the only aspect of life which needs consideration. Life is a package deal where every part as well as the whole matters, and our job is to balance what we've got as best we can to get an outcome which is as close to optimum for us as we can get.

Bettypooh

10 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

This thread may be better in the "Incon Desires" forum. I'll leave a link if I move it ;) 

It takes months or years for muscles to atrophy to the point where they no longer function. Muscle tone goes away a little faster, but a few weeks won't do it. What you're experiencing is a relief of stress from not constantly working a muscle anymore; my own experience was similar but took longer. It doesn't matter much if this is what you want, but it would matter if it wasn't wanted. If no harm is coming from something then it can't be bad. It might even be a good thing. While we're focused on incontinence here, that isn't the only aspect of life which needs consideration. Life is a package deal where every part as well as the whole matters, and our job is to balance what we've got as best we can to get an outcome which is as close to optimum for us as we can get.

Bettypooh

I was already experiencing sphincters problems to begin with. I am not sure if was quicker with me because of that, but I can imagine some that has a perfectly healthy urinary system taking many months to years to lose their sphincters. But I am not sure as I am not a doctor and I would need tests done on me to confirm if that is the case for me. I wanted this anyways so this is perfect for me.

I seriously doubt that your sphincter muscles have changed significantly in such a short time. I would guess that you’re mentally changing your behavior due to a form of aversion therapy.  You experience discomfort or pain when your sphincters close to hold the wastes in long enough to get to a toilet.  By wearing a diaper, you both consciously and subconsciously know that you can avoid the pain and discomfort by relaxing the sphincter muscles and letting your bladder and bowels empty immediately when they contract.