LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Life Circumstances Highlight Diapers As A Coping Mechanism

dlsafrica

So I think I last wore a diaper probably between four and six years ago, but I have seen a pattern in my life where if I don't know how to handle something or I feel insecure, I have tended towards diapers. Well, last Sunday my mom died, and it hasn't really affected me. I'm told that people have different reactions and "grieve" differently. When my dad died in 2011 the only time I ever felt it was when I was meant to give a speech at his funeral, so maybe this Wednesday it'll hit me. I don't know.

But I woke up this morning (eight months into going to sleep and waking up with - with the exception of three nights when it fell out - a pacifier firmly in my mouth) thinking of investing in diapers again, and maybe, for once since I started dreaming of it six years ago, waking up diapered on my birthday, as it should be in my opinion. That's in 12 days time. Fortunately, the funeral is well before my birthday. I had an aunt die on my birthday in I think 1991.

Does anyone else here find diapers to be a coping mechanism to put one's mind at ease? 

I almost always wore diapers as a coping mechanism. Things weren’t going the way I wanted them to in life? I’d buy some diapers. Didn’t get a promotion? Girlfriend broke up with me? Diapers.

Since I’ve been married and my wife and I found a compromise (she has slowly come to accept, if not embrace, my enjoyment of wearing diapers), I only wear them around positive events, like my birthday, and I love that she thought of that! I think it’s way better, for those of us who only wear occasionally, to connect it to positive things, rather than negative.

Thanks. I was wondering if I should actually go ahead with it this morning and purchase a bag. I just hope I don't end up with a horrid diaper that leaks. This might be the start of something kind of semi-permamanent. I don't know.

Yes, I used to find I'd return to nappies when I was stressed.  And then when the stress had reduced, I'd gradually stop wearing.  It's not like that now though, as I've become more accepting about what I am & what I need.  I don't want to stop wearing any more, and I'm less stressed all the time now.  Go with what you feel you need to feel better, just don't feel guilty about it.  It works for me anyway.