LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you think using diapers is healthier than holding it?

Do you think using diapers is healthier than holding it?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think using diapers is healthier than holding it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Yes, using diapers has improved my health and well being massively. Before I would hurt trying to fight the urge and get to a toilet but now I take care of those urges immediately and feel so much better. Anyone else had a similar experience? 

I have no doubt that it is much healthier to not try to hold pee in your bladder to the point doing so is uncomfortable. The part of our bodies typically covered by a diaper can withstand contact with urine that has not turned stale. Therefore a diaper needs to be changed before it begins to irritate.

• Like 2

Something can be said for both options. There is nothing wrong with holding your pee as long as you don’t overdo it. If it starts to hurt then you’re taking risks. Same thing applies for wetting your diaper, there is nothing wrong with it. If you stay to long in a wet diaper you might get a rash or even an infection and that is no good either. Use your common sense and you will be fine.

1 hour ago, dlnoir said:

Something can be said for both options. There is nothing wrong with holding your pee as long as you don’t overdo it. If it starts to hurt then you’re taking risks. Same thing applies for wetting your diaper, there is nothing wrong with it. If you stay to long in a wet diaper you might get a rash or even an infection and that is no good either. Use your common sense and you will be fine.

In my case I have a medical condition where holding it for even just a few seconds causes unbearable pain and now I just go in my diapers.

Under ordinary circumstances, No. It leads to incontinence as the muscles involved go flaccid and you have all the problems of carrying waste around. Consult a physician and tell him or her what you have in mind. It may be better if you are going to be required to be away from a toilet for more than a vew hours as in some cases of surgery that requires the surgeon to be present for more than 4 hours. I have gone for as long as 8 hours,, sitting down with a period of 30 minutes of work, unloading a truck,without even feeling the need to wet or anything. Sometimes I cannot go for an hour if I am walking

• Like 1

Ask I see it, urine and stool are things our body wants and needs to get rid of. They will poison us if that doesn't occur. Though our bodies have the means to safely retain these things temporarily, I can see no point in retaining them for any longer than you have to if it won't cause other problems. Peeing in a diaper rarely causes problems all by itself, and if you're going to pee in it anyway, what is the point of holding it? Pooping can cause problems like rashes and odors others may be subjected to, but if you clean up and change shortly after pooping and don't do it around others, there's no point in holding it either. 

The rest is personal choice, but that's a different subject. Be healthy and pee healthy :D

Bettypooh

Your bodies were designed by God to hold your urine and feces for an amount of time, otherwise you would not have a bladder, bowel or sphincters to hold your wastes until you are ready to expel them from your body.  I won't say that God is wrong in how he made our bodies.  Anything in excess can be harmful and that means holding your urine or stool to the point of it being uncomfortable or a hazzard to your health.  I don't believe people in general do that.  There may be times in a meeting or in a car where you really have to pee and feel you are going to burst, but those are the exceptions, not the norm.  There will be some people with medical issues that find themselves having pain when even trying to hold it a little bit.  Again, with the millions of people in the world, those people are a small percentage of the over all population.  God did a good job and I say hold your pee and poo until you really feel a need to go, then go.

28 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Your bodies were designed by God to hold your urine and feces for an amount of time, otherwise you would not have a bladder, bowel or sphincters to hold your wastes until you are ready to expel them from your body.  I won't say that God is wrong in how he made our bodies.  Anything in excess can be harmful and that means holding your urine or stool to the point of it being uncomfortable or a hazzard to your health.  I don't believe people in general do that.  There may be times in a meeting or in a car where you really have to pee and feel you are going to burst, but those are the exceptions, not the norm.  There will be some people with medical issues that find themselves having pain when even trying to hold it a little bit.  Again, with the millions of people in the world, those people are a small percentage of the over all population.  God did a good job and I say hold your pee and poo until you really feel a need to go, then go.

Maybe diapers are not necessarily better for normal healthly people but great for people with medical conditions such as mine.

Yes I do because once when I was younger I ended up having to hold it for like 13 hours and it literally felt like I had been stabbed in the back but a month later I got UTI I'm guessing from holding it that long and it was the worst pain in my life this coming from a guy who had all his teeth pulled and the UTI was still a thousand times more painful and to make matters worse the Dr didn't believe me because "I am a man and men don't  get UTIs" so he sent me home I ended up pukeing my guts out for 16 hours straight before my foster parents took me to the ER and my left testicle was swollen to the size of a freaking base ball and 1 month later the UTI came back I swear if I ever have another UTI I will get my nuts cut off so I don't have to feel that level of pain again and believe me I'm a 100 percent heterosexual male with a girlfriend so that is a drastic measure for me to even consider I tell you if you need to go so bad it hurts and you can't get to bathroom and you don't have a nappy don't hesitate to go in your pants the embarrassment is still a lot better than a UTI 9 years later and I still remember the pain like it was yesterday 

• Sad 1
On 8/12/2018 at 9:48 AM, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

Maybe diapers are not necessarily better for normal healthly people but great for people with medical conditions such as mine.

Which I addressed when I said, "There will be some people with medical issues that find themselves having pain when even trying to hold it a little bit." 

13 hours ago, Warmwetandcozy said:

Yes I do because once when I was younger I ended up having to hold it for like 13 hours and it literally felt like I had been stabbed in the back but a month later I got UTI I'm guessing from holding it that long and it was the worst pain in my life this coming from a guy who had all his teeth pulled and the UTI was still a thousand times more painful and to make matters worse the Dr didn't believe me because "I am a man and men don't  get UTIs" so he sent me home I ended up pukeing my guts out for 16 hours straight before my foster parents took me to the ER and my left testicle was swollen to the size of a freaking base ball and 1 month later the UTI came back I swear if I ever have another UTI I will get my nuts cut off so I don't have to feel that level of pain again and believe me I'm a 100 percent heterosexual male with a girlfriend so that is a drastic measure for me to even consider I tell you if you need to go so bad it hurts and you can't get to bathroom and you don't have a nappy don't hesitate to go in your pants the embarrassment is still a lot better than a UTI 9 years later and I still remember the pain like it was yesterday 

Holding it for 13 hours is an exception.  I agree that holding it that long is not good either.  My comments were with the thought of the original post being is it better to hold it at all until you go to a toilet, or never even try and hold it for even a minute or two and just wear a diaper so your waste automatically exits your body all the time with no holding it, no bladder or bowel for temporary short term storage for even a short time to enable you to go in a toilet.  If it gets to the point you have held it so long you are hurting and just can't get to a toilet, I agree!  Let it out in your pants and then glare at the boss in the meeting, teacher in class or person driving the car on the trip for not letting you go to a bathroom when you needed to!

I know exactly where you are coming from Rusty P. as I have read that it is not good to hold for very long so would it be healthier to just go as the need arises? Well what if we were all able to get to a toilet within a minute or 2 every single time we had to go pee or poop? Wouldn't that be awesome? Well that's the convenience a diaper gives us and if it were socially acceptable and that's the way things just were than it would not be an issue at all and yeah, probably better for us. With that said, I have been 24/7 for over a year since my ex and I split and I vowed to just enjoy the rest of my life and just be who I am. I wear Real Fit for Men pullups at work and around friends and family and diapers at home and to bed although the more comfortable I am  in my diapers around people my wearing time is increasing. Because of this my urgency has increased so I tend to spurt more often before I get to a toilet while at work so I now really do need the protection. As far as pooping I would rather not hold it and miss the window of opportunity so if I'm at work it's no problem to hurry to a toilet but if I'm by myself like on the weekends I just mess my diaper as soon as the urge gets strong. I do like the ability to choose when and where I am going to go in my diaper though.  

• 1 month later...

No, in fact incontinence is associated with a lower life expectancy, because of things like bladder infections and skin breakdown and such. It's not a big deal if you're otherwise healthy, but for people who have weakened immune system, bladder infections can kill. And if you're both immobile and incontinent, the risk of pressure sores is way higher than if you're immobile but continent, because of the moisture and skin irritation.

Having your bodily wastes held against your skin on a regular basis is not a good idea health-wise. It's not the worst health habit - smoking is definitely worse, and probably overeating, too - but it's certainly not healthier, unless you have a medical condition that makes the usual option worse for you.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 12:16 PM, Dubious said:

Well, I cant sleep without a diaper on

Before I had to smash stuff to calm down, now I'm more or less calm all the time

Holding it takes energy

I am genuinely happier in nappies.

I would say definitely better for me.

Because with an OAB and BPE together with my reduced mobility, there is no holding it. Plus i can have a full nights sleep.

in short i concur with stevewet's statement " I am genuinely happier in nappies"

Maly.

I replied I don't know, because my desired option wasn't exactly there. When I am in diapers I wait until my bladder is bursting and then just flood my diaper. I don't know where that would fit into the scale of the question.

In general, no.  Your body is designed so that the bladder, bowel and your intestines do not become septic from your wastes like other parts of your body (such as people dying from a burst intestine that has caused their body to become poisoned and septic).  In fact, your liver and kidneys are specific for filtering waste so it can be expelled from your body.  Your body was designed to hold your wastes until convienient to expel them from your body, otherwise you would not even have a bladder or sphincter.  Everything would constantly go right out of your body with no storage container or sphincter to keep it in.  God knew what he was doing when he designed our body.

Think of this - even animals hold their urine and feces.  Sure, you train and housebreak your dog so he waits to go outside to poop, but even cat's will use a litter box, or if they are outside cats they may use your kids sand box when no one is around.  They don't just constantly pee and poop all over your house!  Even wild animals in nature hold their wastes.  Wolves do not poop in their dens where they live.  Deer will pee in a specific place to attract other deer for mating.  Some animals will pee in specific areas to mark their territory.   

I do not think it's healthier to not hold your wastes in your bladder or bowels, the parts of your body designed to hold those wastes safely until you can expel them from your body instead of expelling them constantly in your diaper which then holds the caustic acids in your urine and stool against your skin which, tough as it may sometimes be, was not really designed by God to have your bodily wastes against it for constant long periods of time.

Yes, but I chose yes as I have read a few studies on the matter. It IS healthier to void when necessary, and as I do need diapers now, I might as well use them instead of holding it to the point where I may lose control anyway. However as with anything its not appropriate for some people as some people are not responsible enough to change themselves when they should, no one wants to smell a messy diaper, especially someone elses. Mind, when I'm at home when I can make it to the toilet I do prefer to use it as its very close by, but there are times when even with as close by as it is, I might not make it, and haven't a few times as I sometimes go without warning.

As Rusty said, the body was meant to hold it until convenient, unfortunately with today's society convenience is usually not convenient for our bodies so many end up holding it longer than is healthy and diapers help resolve that, though many balk at the idea of wearing and using a diaper, there are times when I'm glad I wear diapers now. Ever work a job where you work long shifts and bathroom breaks are a luxury? I have, try working construction, you're lucky to have a portable on site sometimes, and more lucky if its clean or not in use. Or worse, at the mall waiting in line, only to find all the toilets are backed up (Been there, was not a pleasant trip home as it was a 45 min bus ride home and trying to hold it the entire time).

So again, yes, is healthier to use a diaper instead of holding it, but no, staying in the used diaper for any length of time, not so healthy, best to change that as soon as that is convenient.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, dlsafrica said:

I replied I don't know, because my desired option wasn't exactly there. When I am in diapers I wait until my bladder is bursting and then just flood my diaper. I don't know where that would fit into the scale of the question.

Meaning going immediately to keep low/no pressure on your bladder and bowels instead of holding it.