LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do you prevent diaper rash?

Best way is to harden your skin by not using protection, same with people using balm on their lips, they get addicted to it and have to continue, almost worse than smoking

Should use these creams only when needed and I never see parents use baby powder or other creams for everyday use

7 hours ago, Dubious said:

Best way is to harden your skin by not using protection, same with people using balm on their lips, they get addicted to it and have to continue, almost worse than smoking

Should use these creams only when needed and I never see parents use baby powder or other creams for everyday use

This is very accurate.  Since wearing diapers permanently I now very rarely suffer from any type of diaper rash.  Generally if I do it is because I was either not applying baby powder properly in a hot environment or I just did not have the time for proper hygiene. 

The type of diapers are also very important.  With diapers like Barebums and the old Tykable Overnights I would get rashes quite often.  I wear Dotty the Pony diapers now which could irritate me if I am not careful.  I think it is because this diapers simply do not absorb so well leaving your pee pee up against your skin.  Since wearing Rearz products and ABU Simples I almost never get rashes. 

I honestly do not have problems with diaper tapes.  I think because my fixing panties and onesies keep everything where it belongs and prevents the tapes from becoming stressed.

If I do get diaper rash I recommend either Calmoseptin Ointment or Destin Healing Ointment.

Only reason I have problems with diaper tapes is that I refuse to use Large, and Medium is a snug fit, many Mediums wont fit at all, but yet I find that the Large diapers are too big

I have/had plans to lose weight, but its not easy and this year I have probably gone up again, which doesn't help on the chaffing problem etc.

Try lotrimin, tea trea oil, witch hazel, or other jock itch treatment. It seems like one of these in conjunction with a protective barrier cream usually do the trick. Sometimes I have to experiment to see what will treat my particular rash. There are plenty of petroleum based options if you’re allergic to the other barrier creams.

Like I said earlier, I HIGHLY recommend taking breaks in order to let your skin air out. If you are going to treat diaper rashes and skin conditions make sure you are familiar with all side effects that accompany the treatment and know that any side effect you decide to shrug off now is a problem that future you gets to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 9:07 AM, rusty pins said:

My question has always been, Desitin is a medicated diaper rash ointment for clearing up diaper rash that someone already has.  Why would you take medicine for an ailment you don't have yet?  I would be more concerned in that area and instead of using a product designed to clear up a diaper rash you don't yet have, I would use a barrier cream or paste designed to prevent you from getting diaper rash, not one designed to heal it after you already have it. 

I share the same opinion as Rusty Pins "Why would you take medicine for an ailment you don't have yet?" However, I got into a predicament about this last month... So I'll throw my question and continue on PamperDude's threat.

I had never needed or used diaper rash cream or barrier cream before, so I never looked into it before. I went to Walgreens to get medicated diaper rash cream to treat a rash I had, I walked in, went to the diaper section, grabbed a tube of Bourdeaux, and then as I started to walk towards the register I thought "while I'm at the diaper section I should get barrier cream that I can use later when I am healed up". So I took a closer look at the selection looking for something described as "barrier cream" or the such, but all that I could find were things like Desitin or Bourdeaux or others that were also medicated. So my question is, what is used as barrier cream (non medicated) what should I be looking for?

• 3 months later...

I'd use Vaseline before the diaper goes on. It makes a nice barrier between the pee/poop and your skin. As for treating it after it has occurred, I'd recommend Desitin or A&D. Also, after applying said diaper rash creams, I'd take breaks between diapering. Even just 10 - 20 minutes makes a difference. 

• 2 weeks later...

Diet can help too. Avoid acidic foods. My skin is pretty tough and I don't get diaper rash too often.  I know that if I eat foods with tomato sauce,  like spaghetti or pizza with a lot of sauce, and am in a messy diaper for a while the next day, it will take it's toll. Hot and Spicy foods can take their toll also.

First, a good layer of baby lotion, then baby powder to keep anything from stickint. Then a speciall liner made of waterproof material that snaps on

large.1162106704_2cleandrydiaper.jpg.3f9

It has a gap in the crotch between the front and back parts and was originally, among other things, a training garment to make you have to get out of bed to wet so that you would learn not to be a bedwetter if you were "lazy" If you wet laying down, then the wet would get all over your chastity area and make you uncomfortable all night by feeling yucky and Mommy would leave you like that. If you got up to wet, then the wet would run into the gap and then into the cloth diaper. Next the wet would seep through the cloth to the outside where it would run up against the rubber panties. Then, having nowhere else to go, it runs along the outside of the diaper so that, with successive wetting, the diaper wets from the outside in. I have seen where the outside of my diaper is pretty wet, but the inside is almost dry after about 5 or 6 hours. Since the material is wetproof. my diaper can be pretty wet through and my chastity area and the rest of me is dry even after 12 hours and often, 16 and once I made 22. You cannot use baby oil with it, but you would not want to if you like being dry. What wearing to bed does for me is thatI do not need to go to the bathroom, just get up, stand up and wet. Since Imust do something rather than just lay they, I will not become IC, which my doctor warned me about wearing diapers to bed. The advantage of wearing to bed is that I can just stand up and wet and, because I am not even 2/3 awake, go back to sleep. If I get up and walk to the bathroom and unload at, say, 3 AM I am fully awake and will not be seeing any sleep for about 3 hours

Judging from how may of my little girl cousins', anod other girls I knew, dollies had rubber panties under their diapers, it must have been quite common 55 to 65+ years ago, which is when I had it used on me. It was also used as a chastizement garment as well. Also the material feels both babyish and feminine on my body so I feel like a little girl and it was most associated with little girls

It does not work muchl with pampers

On 8/10/2018 at 8:06 AM, rusty pins said:

I will say that premium diapers do cost a lot.  Many people just can't afford them due to their income and living expenses.  I get disposable diapers at the Goodwill and Thrift stores, Prevail, Attends, McKesson and sometimes others.  Some work better than others but they do me for the 3 or so hours I wear them 2 or 3 times a week.  Here is the thing.  Are premium diapers much better than store brands?  Of course they are and those who wear often and can afford them should get them if they want.  When a premium diaper costs around $2 or more per diaper and I can get a bag of 18 Prevails at Goodwill for less than $4 a package, what makes more sense to me when I average 10 to 15 hour of work per week at $8.50 an hour (when I get paid)?  Over $2 per diaper or 22 cents per diaper for something I'll use once and toss away? Keep in mind that as a DL instead of incontinent, you don't have to wear 24/7 to keep your pants dry.  It's a fetish for personal enjoyment, therefor rent, utilities, food, gas for the car and other expenses come first.  What you have left for personal entertainment can go for diapers.  You have to buy what you can afford and make do even though premium diapers would be great to have.  You always have the option of paying 2 to 3 times the price for premium diapers over the store brands and then cut back to wearing diapers only half or a third of the time you normally do, but what is the trade off?  Using good high quality premium diapers and wearing half as much, or being in diapers a lot more of the time but using cheaper diapers?  Of course, it all depends on how long you are in diapers when you wear them.  If just for a few hours when you come home from work, store brands may do you well enough for the costs.  If all day, then you might look at it this way.  You can pat, say, $12 for a package of store brand disposable diapers.  You can pay $28 for a package of good premium diapers.  If you wear all day and have to change diapers 2 or 3 times with a store brand but only once with a premium diaper, would changing less than half the time justify the cost of premium diapers?  It all depends on how much and for how long at a time you are wearing your diapers.  Also, if you are having problems with diaper rashes and you are DL and don't have to wear 24/7, you might be better off with store brands and removing your diaper after 3 or 4 hours and airing out a bit instead of wearing one wet diaper for 6 or 8 hours because it absorbs more and lasts longer.  There are a lot of things to think about and not every one's diaper habits are the same.

Very well said