LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling hotels about your bedwetting

Telling hotels about your bedwetting  

131 members have voted

1. 1. When you're travelling, do you contact the hotel in advance to warn them? Do you call them, or send an email? How do you word it?

• I don't contact them about my bedwetting
    • I check to see if the bed is protected after checking in, and if it's not I'll call housekeeping and ask
    • I send an email requesting a protected bed before check-in
    • I call the hotel to request a protected bed before check-in
    • It's in my frequent traveller profile for the hotel so I don't need to contact them directly
    • I never stay at hotels
  2. 2. What do you bring to a hotel?

• Cloth diapers
    • Disposable diapers
    • Plastic pants
    • Bed pad
    • Other
    • Nothing

This last round of travel I was all over the world, mostly staying at a variety of Marriott properties (corporate preferred vendor, etc).  About a week before staying in each, I sent an email just asking if the beds had a waterproof cover, and if not if one could be provided.  This trip, with seven different hotels, none of them said they had a waterproof cover or could provide one.  I was surprised... in the past most hotels made some sort of accommodation.

I'm curious... for those who often stay in a variety of hotels, are there chains you've found that are generally more accommodating, or less?

i wear my ComfiDry 24/7 diapers and take  one of my cloth bed pad as well, same as when i am home. i have never had any problems with leaking either place. Truth be told most of the beds  have probably had worse done than we will ever do!

From my experience most hotels / motels don't seem to care. I have left bags of tena slips laying around in the room. My plastic pants over the shower rail. A kylie on the bed. The maid just comes in does her thing and does her job and that's it.

One place I staid the bed was a bit wet and she just left it turned down to air and didn't change the sheet. She left the aircon on and the bed was dry by the time I returned.

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 10:14 AM, Needingababysitter said:

We never contact the hotel about my need for diapers. She packs the goodnite bedmats to use at hotels that we stay at and we have never had any problems. 

I am A side sleeper and disp diapers leak most of the time that is why I tell the hotels I stay at just too be safe

19 hours ago, oldwetter66 said:

I am A side sleeper and disp diapers leak most of the time that is why I tell the hotels I stay at just too be safe

Using the goodnite bedmats work great. I'm also a side sleeper, and we have never had problems and they kept the hotels sheets and beds dry.

20 hours ago, Needingababysitter said:

Using the goodnite bedmats work great. I'm also a side sleeper, and we have never had problems and they kept the hotels sheets and beds dry.

I always take a kylie or washable bed pad where ever I go.

• Like 1
On 10/5/2018 at 12:28 AM, oldwetter66 said:

I have been in Hotels that had a few diapers  in the room

I dont think Ive every seen that. Were these adult diapers? I worked years ago for a couple summers in a motel and they had wetting bedpad protection they would use when asked that was usually requested by parents. Ive seen and used adult diapers that are stacked in hospital rooms but never ran into this in a hotel. Not that I travel anymore I guess. Maybe things have changed?

I do not tell hotels about my incoinence. I wear high-capacity disposable diapers and have learned to put them on skillfully enough that I almost never have leaks day or night. At hotels, I leave my used diapers in a sealed up plastic bag in the washroom. 

8 hours ago, adhb said:

I do not tell hotels about my incoinence. I wear high-capacity disposable diapers and have learned to put them on skillfully enough that I almost never have leaks day or night. At hotels, I leave my used diapers in a sealed up plastic bag in the washroom. 

When we went to the states last year the first time since I became incontinent my wife did tell a few but no one seamed interested.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Going away next month for a few days we have booked and paid for a motel and as in previous trips we haven’t told them and I still believe they don’t need to know 

I could not imagine doing that.  Some of the people I have met working at hotel check in are just oblivious to any kind of issue that is not status quo.  I could just see them blurting out "as you requested there is a bedwetter sheet on the bed".  I just bring good quality diapers and sometimes those disposable bed pads.  Any leaks I have had at hotels are minor and dry easily.

I bring higher end disposables, plastic pants and washable bed mats. I've never intentionally told or requested a hotel do anything special on purpose. However, recently I've been staying at a hotel for work.

The same hotel for multiple weeks and, I left two of my washable bedpads in my room after checkout. I had to call the hotel in a panic and tell them to place it in my "new room" for the next business day.

So the cat is 'out of the bag' with at least one front desk agent at this place now..?

I let the hotel know just out of courtesy as I rarely leak.

In a lot of cases they tell me quietly that all beds are protected. But still, it can't hurt to tell  them that you "sometimes" wet the bed. At least you won't get any bills later on.

Even as I did not mention my wetting issues to hotel staff, they knew from past visits who and what I do.  That was because I often stayed at same hotels when I was traveling (am retired now) and many times for multiple nights.  I would always leave my used diapers in a plastic bag in the room trash, and would always use a waterproof bed pad which I would leave if staying another night.  Not once was it ever taken out of the bed, but placed where it should have been in the made up bed for the next night.

Why try to hide these issues, just be courteous and thoughtful and treat the rooms like they were your own, and you will be appreciated as a regular guest!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, deewet said:

Why try to hide these issues, just be courteous and thoughtful and treat the rooms like they were your own, and you will be appreciated as a regular guest!

Exactly deewet. The housekeeping here has had to deal with between 2-4 of my used diapers a day. And there is also a package in plain sight under the bathroom sink, so they definitely know.  My linens are changed each morning and my bedpad is always placed between the final sheet and mattress protector as I do it at home. I try to be courteous and respectful. Bagging everything up and tying so there is minimal contact.

My thoughts on the matter.  If you are a regular bedwetter, then over time I'm sure you have learned how to protect your bedding, either by finding the right combination of diapers to use that won't leak during your sleep, or plastic pants and a bed pad that will contain any possible leaks from getting the sheets and mattress wet.  If that is the case, then I see no need to inform the hotel that you wet the bed as you know what steps you already need take to prevent that from happening and you have everything covered (appropriate pun intended).

If, after all this time of sleep wetting you still have not found a proper product to keep your sheets and mattress dry, then it becomes an issue.  Some people like to sleep in a wet bed.  That's fine at home, but when you are sleeping in someone else's bed, you need to try and do whatever is necessary to prevent their sheets and mattress from getting wet.  Better premium diapers and/or thick waterproof pads to sleep on weather reusable or disposable.  If you know you will have an upcoming trip and your home bed does get wet from leaks, then well before you leave try different diapers, bedpads, plastic pants, boosters, whatever you need to do at home to keep your own bed dry and to prevent a hotel's bed from getting wet. 

Yes, some people take an attitude that it's just a hotel bed and not your own so who cares.  I've seen renters do the same thing to a home they rent.  They don't care if they spill ink or paint on the carpet, break the handles off the cupboard doors, put holes in the walls.  It's not their house and they don't care.  Not good if you have that attitude in a hotel room.  You can still take all the precautions to keep the bed dry and not have to rely on telling the hotel management that you wet the bed but wear diapers.  Is it really out of respect for the hotel staff, or is it because you see an opportunity to tell a stranger out of town that you wear diapers?

I can see the courtesy for the cleaning staff that may have to empty the trash cans with your (hopefully) bagged up used diapers, but the same applies.  If you properly bag your diapers well for the trash, it shouldn't be any problem.  It also shouldn't be an issue if you have to hang your plastic pants from the shower rod to dry in the morning.  That would not be an issue the cleaning staff has to worry about.  If you are responsible and do all you can to keep the bed dry, I see no reason to tell the hotel staff you wet the bed and wear diapers.  They might think to themselves, "Is he telling me I have to worry about our mattress and bed sheets?   Hasn't this guy learned to do anything at home to protect his own bedding night after night?"  My thoughts.

21 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Yes, some people take an attitude that it's just a hotel bed and not your own so who cares.  I've seen renters do the same thing to a home they rent.  They don't care if they spill ink or paint on the carpet, break the handles off the cupboard doors, put holes in the walls.  It's not their house and they don't care.  Not good if you have that attitude in a hotel room.  You can still take all the precautions to keep the bed dry and not have to rely on telling the hotel management that you wet the bed but wear diapers.  Is it really out of respect for the hotel staff, or is it because you see an opportunity to tell a stranger out of town that you wear diapers?

Thats a pretty poor attitude to take these days when there are so many protection options. I also wonder whether its more likely these days that a hotel could charge you for damages like they can do if you damage other things in the room? There was a case in the news a couple years ago where a guy was sued for the cost of replacing a mattress after he was drinking and wet the bed. He lost in court and had to pay hundreds of dollars. It wasn't a hotel and I think he was just visiting somebody. I think I would have just paid the amount owing instead of going to court.

I remember getting my first apartment after I finished high school and got a job. The place was furnished and I ruined the mattress in about six months from bedwetting. The landlady replaced it with a used mattress and bought a plastic mattress cover. I often felt guilty in later years because it probably should have been my cost to replace it.

• 5 months later...

We have only traveled a couple times since I have been in diapers. We never contact the hotel. I wear the dry 24/7 diapers, and we use the goodnite bed mats for extra protection.

When ever we travel we let the hotel know I need a bed protector, we travel with disposable bed pads as extra protection some times the hotels like  (Disney) put a bed protector on but most simply ignore the request.  At least we can say we requested and took extra care to protect the mattress if something happens.

I always amazes me when the hotel says they don’t provide mattress protectors and they are not worried about it, then I worry what the mattress look like :) 

On 5/6/2020 at 12:50 PM, Rob110 said:

When ever we travel we let the hotel know I need a bed protector, we travel with disposable bed pads as extra protection some times the hotels like  (Disney) put a bed protector on but most simply ignore the request.  At least we can say we requested and took extra care to protect the mattress if something happens.

I always amazes me when the hotel says they don’t provide mattress protectors and they are not worried about it, then I worry what the mattress look like :) 

I usually look and have seen some well stained ones