LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling hotels about your bedwetting

Telling hotels about your bedwetting  

131 members have voted

1. 1. When you're travelling, do you contact the hotel in advance to warn them? Do you call them, or send an email? How do you word it?

• I don't contact them about my bedwetting
    • I check to see if the bed is protected after checking in, and if it's not I'll call housekeeping and ask
    • I send an email requesting a protected bed before check-in
    • I call the hotel to request a protected bed before check-in
    • It's in my frequent traveller profile for the hotel so I don't need to contact them directly
    • I never stay at hotels
  2. 2. What do you bring to a hotel?

• Cloth diapers
    • Disposable diapers
    • Plastic pants
    • Bed pad
    • Other
    • Nothing

I travel quite a bit for work, both domestic and international.  Bedwetting is something of an annoyance at these times.

I will sometimes send an email to guest services at the hotel in advance to request a protected bed... I just mention that someone in the party would benefit from a protected bed at night.  It's also in my 'Special Requests' profile at the larger chains.  Occasionally it will be mentioned when I check in... "Your special request has been accommodated, sir", is a pretty common response.

I bring disposable diapers, but I also carry some plastic pants and pins that I can use with a towel in an emergency.  I also carry a bed pad, if I have room in my suitcase.

How do others handle this?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, justforfun said:

I travel quite a bit for work, both domestic and international.  Bedwetting is something of an annoyance at these times.

I will sometimes send an email to guest services at the hotel in advance to request a protected bed... I just mention that someone in the party would benefit from a protected bed at night.  It's also in my 'Special Requests' profile at the larger chains.  Occasionally it will be mentioned when I check in... "Your special request has been accommodated, sir", is a pretty common response.

I bring disposable diapers, but I also carry some plastic pants and pins that I can use with a towel in an emergency.  I also carry a bed pad, if I have room in my suitcase.

How do others handle this?

I wouldn't tell them: I'd just diaper up and leave it at that

I bring my own mattress protector for the bed (~1/2 queen size)  and leave it in the bed if staying for more than one day. I wear waterproof pants over my nite time diapers and if there is a minor leak, this bed protector catches it. Never have I wet a motel sheet or bed!   In every case the maids have made the bed up again with this in place, so no big deal to them it seems. I also leave wet diapers in plastic bags in room trash so no mystery here either.  I have yet to get a complaint from a hotel chain about my practices, and have stayed in a lot as when I retired last year, I was platinum with one chain, silver with several others.

I used to travel quite a bit back in the days. I always took disposables and cloth diapers along. I use squares fold them put them over my disposable and top it off with a snug fitting plastic pant. Never failed me while staying at a hotel. I do not notify them I have it under control so why tell them.

• 1 month later...

I hardly travel anymore but back in the day when I did things were quite a bit different than today because of the better products nowdays. I once had a job where I had to drive from place to place and often stayed at motels for 8 or 10 nights a month. I found regular places on my route and made sure when booking in to ask that the bed was protected. Some of the places got to know me and I didnt need to ask. When Ive traveled to places that I am not familiar with I often took a folded up rubber pad I had but nowdays with good disposable diapers and bed pads things are a whole lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 10:12 PM, oldwetter66 said:

I wonder if hotels have a list they put out of bedwetters

That would be interesting. I think these days with all the disposable products you can pretty much hide these problems.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, oldwetter66 said:

I wonder if hotels have a list they put out of bedwetters

Yes they do, and photos from CCTV in reception on the wall of the staff rest room lol. 

Seriously though, loads of places have mattress protectors as standard, in case guests get heavily intoxicated, but it's good to advise in advance so they can fit one if necessary, always seemed grateful for the warning.   

In UK, under the Equality Act, I'd imagine hotels are obliged to provide protection if requested. 

Now days, many mattress covers are waterproof, but you can't tell, so the hotel bed is likely protected. The mattress cover on my bed looks like fabric, but there's a thin plastic layer in the middle... No crinkle. When I travel, I wear a  disposable diaper, with a cloth diaper and plastic pants over it, to catch any leaks. This summer, I carried about 25 disposable diapers, (Diapered 24/7) 2 cloth diapers, and a couple plastic pants. I always put my wet disposable diapers in a small plastic bag before I put it in the hotel room trash can.

I recently went on vacation with my husband and kids and over the course of 10 nights we stayed in 3 different hotels and I never told a single one about my bed wetting as far as I was concerned they didn’t need to know

• Like 1

Most US hotels will have some mattress protection in place, but it may not be highly waterproof. I think the best approach is to bring your own mattress protection and if you can't, then tell them ahead of time you'll be needing that. Back in my drinking days when I wasn't diapered, I soaked many a hotel bed unintentionally with no problems afterward, so a minor diaper leak shouldn't be an issue, but you should respect their property and the fact that someone else will be in that bed soon who shouldn't have to deal with it. Do note that things can be far different in other parts of the world- I've heard of someone who had to pay for a mattress at a European B&B once after they soaked it.

Bettypooh

On 10/11/2018 at 3:27 PM, Newbee said:

I recently went on vacation with my husband and kids and over the course of 10 nights we stayed in 3 different hotels and I never told a single one about my bed wetting as far as I was concerned they didn’t need to know

Did you have any wet beds

When we travel we let the hotel know on booking and double check when we check in that the bed has a waterproof bed protector inplace some hotels like Disney put a protector in place but as there hace daid some do not bother.  We bring a few of my reusable pads just incase as its always easier to swap out a pad then get them to change the sheets. 

5 hours ago, Rob110 said:

When we travel we let the hotel know on booking and double check when we check in that the bed has a waterproof bed protector inplace some hotels like Disney put a protector in place but as there hace daid some do not bother.  We bring a few of my reusable pads just incase as its always easier to swap out a pad then get them to change the sheets. 

I have found that many hotels just don't seem to care. Also I have found evidence of previous bedwetting in quite a few motel beds.

• Like 1