LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Woman on "Alone Together" Admits That She's Wearing a Diaper.

I've never seen this show, but in this clip, while waiting in a line, at which they've camped out, the female lead mentions she's wearing a diaper. Her friend asks if they're adult diapers, or for fat toddlers, and she responds that they're for "medium sized children," which would put them in Goodnites territory.

https://freeform.go.com/shows/alone-together/clips/s1e4-sneak-peek-esther-wears-adult-diapers

Here's another clip of her in Easter Bunny footy-pajamas.

https://freeform.go.com/shows/alone-together/clips/esthers-deep-dark-secret-is-out

Wait, is the Easter Bunny a proper noun? Should it be capitalized? What about hyphenating "footy-pajamas"? My kingdom for an orthographist.

Actually, what she says about wearing a larger child diaper is not as crazy as it must sound to the general public.

I am profoundly urinary incontinent, so I need some kind of diaper 24/7. I also am a partner in a major law firm, so during the day I need effective diapers that are both comfy and discreet. Currently, since 2014, daytime I wear GoodNites Tru-Fit. They have a washable compression panty with a waterproof pocket. The Tru-Fit disposable absorbent liner goes into the pocket. The liners have no waterproof layer, so they are environmentally friendly. Best of all, I can slide the Tru-Fit down to poop on a toilet and to change liners every 5 hours without getting undressed.

From the introduction of Pampers Cruisers until Tru-Fit came out I would cut the flaps off a cruiser Size 4 and put that inside a snug knit cotton brief. Those would give me a safe 3 hours capacity. Then when Pampers Extra Protection came along they gave me 4 hours of protection.

In the video Esther does not say she taped on the diaper conventionally. She is petite enough she could wear a Tru-Fit L/XL which hold more and leak a lot less than original GoodNites.

Edited by Angela Bauer
fix typo

Since I first saw this clip and the entire ALONE TOGETHER season 1 episode 4 episode "Pop-Up" I have thought about the old days before Tru-Fit when I used a disposable intended for middle-size children, namely Pampers Cruisers Size 4. I am petite, but still too large to effectively wear a Cruisers Size 7. Instead what I used as my discreet day diaper for many years was a Size 4 with the flaps cut off held in place inside snug knit cotton briefs,

Today I am working from home, so I decided to dig out of storage an unused Jockey for Ladies and a Size 4. I have now been wearing that combo as my diaper for over 4 hours. Today is very hot and humid. There is still capacity left in the Size 4 and my knit brief is dry. This combination is still very comfortable. The urine has not turned stale.

Back then I selected Size 4 because friends working for Pampers confided in me that Size 4 and smaller are designed for children not ready for toilet training who wet in a series of small dribbles. That is how my incontinence works. Small dribbles do not need a lot of pulp to soak up big floods, so they make ideal use of their SAP. Size 5 and larger are designed for children who can retain more urine which is released in bigger floods. A woman such as Esther would wet in larger floods, so a Size 7 would probably work best for her.

By the way, I have seen the entire episode "Pop-Up" and enjoyed it, although for me the clip is the best part. Esther Povitsky's website says she still does stand-up at The Ice House in Pasadena. The next time she appears my husband and I will be there.

'

'

1 hour ago, diaperedboilerman said:

I also have been saving money while at home by putting Pampers cruisers size 7 in my underwear and I am able to wet it one time with my full out bladder loss with no leaks and then eventually change it. When my OAB is acting up bad I can wet it two times. I have also found CVS brand size 6 to do a much better job than I expected and they are so much cheaper than the adult diapers I have been buying. So now I only use the adult diapers for bed and work, and the baby diapers at home and a quick trip to the store. 

That is awesome that you have been using them for years like that! :) 

I don't remember the year when on an incontinence support website a woman shared that she had success using cloth-like  baby disposables with the flaps cut off. I think Pampers Cruisers had just started advertising on TV. My urologist has a support group of his patients. We share tips and experiences. Before I actually bought a small pack of Cruisers I asked about this at a monthly meeting. Another member said she had read the same discussion on the website. Nobody thought it a silly idea. On the way home I stopped at a supermarket and bought a small bag of Size 5 Cruisers, the largest available in the store then. Those turned out to be uncomfortably large on me. A few days later I bought some Size 4, which were just right for me.

I started communicating with customer service at both Pampers and Huggies, without revealing what I was doing. Eventually I made contacts who told me about the design differences between sizes; that the SAP to Pulp ratio was deliberately different.

Something guys need to consider is that the diaper inside snug briefs need to be bigger to encase the scrotum. The Size 5 and up will probably not have as much capacity, but are necessary also to deal with floods. At least the baby disposables cost a lot less than adult diapers or pull-on.

2 hours ago, diaperedboilerman said:

Indeed. I have found the size 6 diapers will work, but the size 7 is better because it is taller thus giving more space for my stuff, and the sides are deeper too allowing for a better seal with my body. Women have a much better design for fitting and using diapers than us guys do! :) 

That is interesting what you found out about the sizes and your venture into starting to use them. I always enjoy your feedback! :) 

It was a few years later when Pampers introduced Cruisers size 7. That was early 2007 I think. What my friends at Pampers told me was that they had to invent a whole new kind od diaper making machine to produce larger than Size 6. Actually those new machines can make far larger than size 7. However, the lack of customers for size 7 shocked Pampers marketing folks. There had been a sample run of Size 8, but those trials were ended. Huggies even gave up their trial of size 7.

I had been talking to parents of exceptionally large children who were not ready for toilet training. Those kids could not use pull-ups. I went so far as to hire the leading consultant in baby disposable manufacturing, Carlos Richer of Monterrey Mexico. My husband and I were willing to fund making size 8 and even larger if Pampers or Huggies would  market them. Pampers would not take our money, but they did give the proposal polite consideration. Their UK operation has just introduced Baby Dry size 8. For use by adult men Baby Dry should work as well as Cruisers.

• Like 1
On 8/11/2018 at 9:42 AM, diaperedboilerman said:

I would totally buy size 8 or even 9.

I did not hear about the UK version of Babydry size 8? I will have to see if I can get my hands on some of them. Thank you for the heads up! :) 

It is too bad they sales were not as high as expected for sure. HA HA "polite consideration" OMG. I know what that means! :) 

I just found this thread though, is this what you are talking about? https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/114050-Coming-Soon-Pampers-Baby-Dry-Size-8

I don't know since my personal  policy is to ignore all links associated with ADISC.

By the way, did you enjoy the ALONE TOGETHER clip? From that clip you can access all the full episodes by signing up for the site, which is free,

Edited by Angela Bauer
Correct typo

It was kind of funny, but it's just SJW hipsters prattling on about whatever.  Not a show I'd want to endure.

It hardly merits its own thread, but the horror movie "Raw" had a brief diaper scene.  The lead character is a female college freshman starting at a veterinary school which for some reason has a strict and intensive initiation week (that's not what comes to.mind when I think of vet school).  She is stopped in the hall by an older student and told she needs to be dressing slutty or something, as that's what the first-years are doing that day.  The new girl says she doesn't have anything, so the older student rummages in her bag.  The next scene has the younger girl entering a lecture hall and going to her seat wearing a regular tape-on diaper (not a pull-up).  Unfortunately it's on over her pants.  She sits down and adjusts the diaper between her legs for comfort, then that's it.

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2018 at 9:22 PM, PittPadded said:

It was kind of funny, but it's just SJW hipsters prattling on about whatever.  Not a show I'd want to endure.

It hardly merits its own thread, but the horror movie "Raw" had a brief diaper scene.  The lead character is a female college freshman starting at a veterinary school which for some reason has a strict and intensive initiation week (that's not what comes to.mind when I think of vet school).  She is stopped in the hall by an older student and told she needs to be dressing slutty or something, as that's what the first-years are doing that day.  The new girl says she doesn't have anything, so the older student rummages in her bag.  The next scene has the younger girl entering a lecture hall and going to her seat wearing a regular tape-on diaper (not a pull-up).  Unfortunately it's on over her pants.  She sits down and adjusts the diaper between her legs for comfort, then that's it.

I haven't really enjoyed any non-animated series in years, because it's all the same crap over and over again. I did like Ash vs Evil Dead, but it was canceled, sadly.

I've been meaning to watch Raw, but keep forgetting. Maybe tonight.

Edit: Yep, it's a shame she was wearing them over her pants.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 3:02 AM, cruxshadow said:

I've never seen this show, but in this clip, while waiting in a line, at which they've camped out, the female lead mentions she's wearing a diaper. Her friend asks if they're adult diapers, or for fat toddlers, and she responds that they're for "medium sized children," which would put them in Goodnites territory.

https://freeform.go.com/shows/alone-together/clips/s1e4-sneak-peek-esther-wears-adult-diapers

Here's another clip of her in Easter Bunny footy-pajamas.

https://freeform.go.com/shows/alone-together/clips/esthers-deep-dark-secret-is-out

Wait, is the Easter Bunny a proper noun? Should it be capitalized? What about hyphenating "footy-pajamas"? My kingdom for an orthographist.

I would take her up on helping with diaper change then get her a 96 oz big gulp or Slurpee.