LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Warning:  This story contains blood, gore, death, violence, and Witches.  I am not going to put a trigger warning for every bit of violence in the story, but I'll still give out trigger warnings for really heinous things.  This whole story has a violence/blood/gore trigger warning.  It's not my usual sweet, kind, loving, romantic fare.  It's a dystopia.

Chapter One

The moon hung full and bloated above the city skyline. It was late August and the silvery light was washed out in the thick haze and noise and steady burn of the citylights, but Rachel didn't need blackness or moonlight to finish her job. She was a consummate professional in that regard - get in, get it done, get out without a trace. She was a mystery, the boogeyman for monsters, and in her world the best way to banish monsters was to be a worse one.

There.

Finally, movement in the window. Rachel shifted slightly, one eye pressed to her scope and chewed her lower lip in quiet contemplation. Sarah Trippoli had a schedule, a routine - stupid for a mob boss, but Sarah had grown decadent and lazy in her old age - one that Rachel had full intentions of taking advantage of. She'd drop her keys in the bowl by the door, kick off the Manolo Blahniks, shimmy out of her bra, and let her hair down. Literally. Her white hair would cascade over her shoulders, she'd breathe a visible sigh of relief, and the White Witch of Winchester would cross her penthouse to turn on her gas fireplace, flip on some jazz, and pour herself the first glass of sherry before ordering her nightly meal.

Rachel tensed all her muscles and then released them in order as Sarah moved through her routine. She slowed her heartbeat, relaxed as deeply as she could, and blinked slowly through her scope.

When her finger squeezed the trigger it was as it always was - Rachel wasn't Rachel anymore, she was the infamous Witchhunter, and her job was nearly done.

When Sarah toppled, Rachel should have been up and out - breaking down her rifle and escaping. Strip off the mottled black clothing, stuff it into the garbage bag with her hat and shoes, ready to dump in the donation bin at the end of the alley. Beneath, she had a much more unassuming outfit, something a human who wasn’t part of the Resistance would wear - a slinky silver shirt and a red skirt that was currently rolled up around her waist above the skintight black pants like a belt. She'd drop it, slip on the sandals she had laying beside her on the tarpaper roof, and shake out her own red hair. She'd stash her gun at the drop point and vanish into the crowd.  She’d walk casually, blending in with all the others who lived under the thumb of the Witches.

Like any other job. Like every other job.

Except she hesitated for a bare second longer than normal, her eye pressed to the scope. The Witch dropped. Fine. Dandy. Normal.

But then a flash, a light turning on. Two windows over. Sarah had the penthouse and she lived alone.

Oh shit, is there someone there?! A maid? Fuck!

Witches broke apart about two hours after death. All that was ever left was ash and grease. Rachel was always extremely careful about timing her jobs so that the Witch in question was alone and would be for the rest of the night. Otherwise everyone and their Familiar would be scrambling over the body, trying to figure out what was going on, who did it, etc. 

Messy, in other words.

"Fuck," Rachel breathed, holding a hand to her forehead as she watched. Oh god, I fucked up bad. Bad-bad-super-bad.

Faye was confused by the sound in the other room - it was a bang and a thump.  Something in the back of her mind, what was left of her mind, told her that it was a bad sound, a scary sound, that she should run... but the thought was fuzzy and distant.  The red glow that held her leash to the wall had disappeared, letting the thin chain drop to the ground the same way it did when she was released.  She waddled over to the door, the crinkle of every step destroying the silence of the empty room as she pushed the switch up the same way the white-haired woman did.

The lights came on with the same magic they always did, filling the room with the brightness of daylight even though the sun had long set.  Faye remembered the sun vaguely, that it made her skin feel warm just by being in its light, not the same as the magic light of this place.  Her leash made a soft scratching sound as it dragged on the floor, the rings on her cuffs tinkling as she pushed the door open.

"Owner?" she called softly.  "Mommy?"  She wasn't sure which word she was supposed to use here, the rules were all so confusing.  There was a draft in the room, a chill, and the hairs on her arms stood up as her nipples grew pointy and hard.  It was uncomfortable but she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do about it.  The woman whose face occupied nearly every memory she had lay lifeless on the ground, blood seeping from a hole in her forehead.

That wasn't supposed to be there, she was sure of it.  Faye felt her bladder release into the waiting padding taped around her.  Her Owner liked that, praised her for it.  Faye hoped that it would help her get up.  The Whisper thrilled at her lack of control and she felt a wave of pleasure rush through her body as the diaper grew warm around her.  She walked as best she could to her Mommy, falling to her knees beside her, nudging her gently.

This woman, her Owner, her Mommy, was her entire life.  Every moment was either spent in the box, or the cage, or the dark room... except when she was with her Owner.  Learning.  Feeling.

"I exist only to serve you," she said quietly, gently shaking her Owner.  "How may I serve you?"  Why was she asleep now?

She stuck to her allowed words, she had learned quickly that her Owner did not appreciate deviation.  As she watched the blood creep across the floor, licking at her knees, she felt some of the woman's magic let go... the muddled and murky memory of meeting her Owner for the first time came to her.  She had been a servant of some kind, offering food... she had been wearing clothes then, so it was different than now, but she had apparently always been a servant.  How she had come home with her Owner, though she couldn't remember why, she just remembered that she had always been unable to refuse the woman.

She remembered the knife cutting away her clothes.  Remembered her own blood being spilled as the magic took hold and hollowed out a place inside her soul, a place where the Whisper now lived, a part of her.  Nothing existed before serving Mommy that night, and the memories that followed were a mix of intense, mind-bending pleasure and terrifying, agonizing pain.  Pleasure when she pleased her Mommy, pain when she angered her Owner.

She knew she was stupid, her Owner had told her that so many times.  But she knew that she was sweet, her Mommy had told her that just as many.  The Whisper loved both the pleasure and the pain.  Even in the agony, she felt its joy... but nothing made it - and thus her - feel as good as serving, following her Owner's wishes, being her Owner's toy.

"Owner," she whispered to the rapidly cooling corpse, not understanding why she didn't respond the way she always did, "I want to please you.  How may I please you?"

Rachel looked around the scope, just to make sure her eyes weren’t deceiving her before looking through it again, watching the small blonde girl.  She moved tentatively, timidly, but she walked straight for the White Witch’s corpse.

It didn’t make sense.  Sarah had never had a familiar. Not in seventy years of torturing and killing, of kidnapping and abusing. But there she was, sure enough. A tiny blonde thing, wearing a collar and leash, cuffs, a diaper and nothing else.

Brand new, or she wouldn't need the leash.

How did I fuck up this job so bad, she moaned inwardly.

Of course, it wasn't entirely her fault - the Winchester Witch-bitch had been vocally disdainful of Familiars for decades. Any Witch who needed a Familiar was a lesser Witch - Sarah's opinion had been well known. This, of course, ignored the fact that many Witches kidnapped or purchased Familiars for reasons other than power, but so far as the vicious mob boss had been concerned, power was the end-all, be-all.

Problem was... Familiars were helpless. Most of the time they were enslaved humans magically turned Little - it made them easier to control and abuse and hollow out.  Others were natural born Littles - nobody was sure when Littles had first started appearing in the human population - they were mostly human, just smaller, more naturally docile.  They had big eyes and big hearts and they rarely grew above four feet.  A Little being born to a family was a bittersweet event - they almost never remained free through adulthood… more often than not they were sold to the Witches by the family. It could be seen as a blessing.  Though Rachel didn’t see it that way.

On very rare occasion, Rachel had seen a Familiar from the Other Place - the incubi, the succubi, the cherubs and ishim - but they were expensive and difficult to control, few Witches could deal with it. They were powerful, sure - Rachel had a scar on her left leg from a fight with a succubus - but challenging for any but the most experienced of Mages. If the Familiar Rachel spied through her scope had been one of those she could've happily packed up and left, not giving the Familiar a second thought. A powerful Familiar would eventually figure out a way out of its own bondage without a Witch constantly checking in and keeping them in line.

A Little, however...

Groaning, Rachel rose to her knees and began breaking down her rifle. She'd have to figure out a way to sneak into the highest security building in the fucking city, get up to the penthouse without a key, somehow break open undoubtedly warded door, and then... steal the Familiar? Rescue her? And then what? Deliver her to Oliver and his crew - or someone else who could take care of her, Rachel supposed.  There was hope for a rescued Familiar, depending on how bad the damage was.  They could live normal-ish lives… in hiding.  If this girl had been fully human once, there was no hope of undoing the transformation, but as long as she was still new...

The Familiar was kneeling over the dead body, a heartbreakingly confused expression on her face. Yep. Definitely new. Still new enough that she had some sense of self left, at least. A better Familiar - one who'd been ground into unthinking obedience already - wouldn't have left their room. Wouldn’t have turned on a light.  Wouldn't have moved without the Witch's say-so. Would've died of dehydration before shifting an iota.  What the Witches did to those poor souls was unforgivable.

"Damn it all to hell," Rachel cursed and shimmied her skirt down, dropping her “street” clothes into the donation bag rather than her stealth outfit.  This wasn’t how tonight was supposed to go. If she had any fucking sense she'd let the girl starve. Why in the fuck was she risking her neck to rescue...

No. She knew why.

"I'm an idiot," Rachel sighed and finished changing. Oh well, if I get caught I had a good run, right? All I have to do is get past two dozen lesser Witches, goons, and assembled assholes and then figure out a way to kidnap a Familiar who may or may not be suicidal. Sure. No problem. Easy peasy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

Foreword

Okay I'm already liking this protagonist :D

Here it is! Things are about to get very interesting very fast!

Perhaps it's just because it's the only idea you've gone into in detail in this chapter, but I love the idea of the Familiars! And i love seeing things from Faye's partially-human perspective.

I look forward to the promised badass fight scenes you have boasted about. I'm a fight scene Snob so we'll see if it lives up to my expectations. :D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bbykimmy said:

But if you're ready for a wild trip, here we go.

Absolutely!

Tell your Kachan, we are so excited to take this journey with you and her.

58 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Here it is! Things are about to get very interesting very fast!

Perhaps it's just because it's the only idea you've gone into in detail in this chapter, but I love the idea of the Familiars! And i love seeing things from Faye's partially-human perspective.

I look forward to the promised badass fight scenes you have boasted about. I'm a fight scene Snob so we'll see if it lives up to my expectations. :D

Hopefully I didn't oversell it - there's much less combat in the first half of the book than I expected... but I won't say any more than that.

4 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

Absolutely!

Tell your Kachan, we are so excited to take this journey with you and her.

I will pass that on, she knows where I'm posting it and she read BtG on the site, so she might read the comments on Sightlines herself, too.

8 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

Hopefully I didn't oversell it - there's much less combat in the first half of the book than I expected... but I won't say any more than that

That's fine. I didn’t have any fight scenes in Angel Hunter until like chapter 13 or something. Quality over Quantity every time. :)

10 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

I will pass that on, she knows where I'm posting it and she read BtG on the site, so she might read the comments on Sightlines herself, too

Hi, Cachan! If you're reading this, give Kimmy a hug and a kiss from me and direct her to the next line. ♡

Kimmy, if you're reading this, give Cachan a hug and a kiss from me as well and direct her to the previous request. ♡

Repeat as often as is necessary. ;)

4 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

That's fine. I didn’t have any fight scenes in Angel Hunter until like chapter 13 or something. Quality over Quantity every time. :)

Hi, Cachan! If you're reading this, give Kimmy a hug and a kiss from me and direct her to the next line. ♡

Kimmy, if you're reading this, give Cachan a hug and a kiss from me as well and direct her to the previous request. ♡

Repeat as often as is necessary. ;)

Instructions unclear, we ended up making out.

1 hour ago, Hopsalot said:

Can’t wait to ride this get on this roller coaster. It’s been awhile since I’ve read some good dystopian world stories (last one being Fahrenheit 451) and i too am looking forward to some fight scenes, I’ve read some about familiars, but am still a bit confused on what they are. Nothing a quick google search won’t fix! 

Welcome aboard!  It's gonna be a ride!  I'm glad you're climbing on at the beginning :D

1 hour ago, Baby Billy said:

This has already peaked my interest.

But did it pique your interest? ;)

Welcome to another ride, Billy.  Buckle up - this one's bumpy.

35 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

Instructions unclear, we ended up making out.

Hoyay!! :D

Chapter Two

"You hear somefin'?" Frankie the Troll asked in that slow baritone that always made him sound just as stupid as he was.

"I told you I did!" Benny the Imp snarled back at his larger companion, snagging a handful of shirt and pulling himself up to the oaf's shoulder and sitting there.  His body had been human once, normal sized.  When the Imp soul had been bound to his, however, he had shrunken and twisted, growing small and pointed.  He regretted it some days, he could hear the bloodthirsty Imp like a gnat in the back of his mind, telling him to hurt things, to kill things.  But it had given him power - real power, like the Witches.  He could summon balefire and if he expended enough power, he could fly for a while.

Part of him missed being human, the part that was tired of his twisted flesh aching all the time, but there was no going back.  Better to be on the winning side, anyway.  Pureblood humans were weak, pathetic things.  Food.  Purebloods didn't work in this town, they scrounged.  And that had been him once, before he had signed the contract.

"You did?" Frankie asked, scratching his head.  

Benny felt intensely glad that he had gotten an Imp and not a Troll.  He hadn't known Frankie before, for all Benny knew the lumbering giant had been a tiny poindexter before the Troll soul bound to his own - hell, he might have even been a Little, one of those smaller doe-eyed innocent-types that the Witches coveted so much for their magic.  Benny doubted that, however.  Littles were born human but there was some spark to their soul, some innocence that persisted in this shithole world the Witches had made, and they tended to be used for Familiars - personal slaves and playthings.  Their energies were different to a Witch somehow, not that Benny understood that.  Frankie had probably been a normal, run-of-the-mill human just like he had, different people changed in different ways... but he had never met a smart Troll.  Ever.  They were muscle - nine feet tall and built like a brick shithouse, curved horns and protruding tusks.

"Yes, you big idiot," Benny groused.

"Hey," Frankie's voice rumbled in the massive chest below Benny's perch on the other man's shoulder.  "That's not nice.  Maybe I should just squish you."

Whoops, Benny winced.  Trolls were generally slow to anger, but once one got going it would take a Witch to calm them down.  And the last thing he wanted was to bother the Underboss just because he hadn't been able to control his tongue.

As the giant hand reached for him, Benny scampered to his other shoulder.

"Sorry, sorry," Benny squeaked, the Imp in him demanding that he bite Frankie's ear off instead of trying to keep the peace.  But this was why Witches needed human hosts for the demon souls.  "You're right, I'm sorry.  But we've got a job to do, remember buddy?  Then we can go back to cards.  I heard a noise, Frankie-boy.  It sounded like a gunshot."

"What should we do?" Frankie asked, scratching his head.

"I'm gonna go scout, take a look outside - you go tell the first Witch you can find."

"Right," Frankie agreed, pushing the glass door open.

"Inside!" Benny hissed, "The first Witch you find inside.  I'm going outside.  Close the door before someone-"

And just like that, all their magical security was worthless.  A black shape slipped in through the open door but before Benny could even shout, there was a silver blade sticking out of the back of Frankie's head and his nine foot ride was tumbling forward, out the front door.

"Shit!" Benny squeaked as he hopped down, his tiny wings fluttering from their holes in the back of his expensive suit as he tried to slow his fall without burning too much power.  Quick hands caught him before he could reach the door and he found himself staring into the face of a human.  A Hunter.  "Fuck I'm dead."

"Yeah," the Hunter sneered.  "But thanks for getting me inside."

Benny felt the Imp in him scream with glee as his neck snapped.  The rotten little shit soul would just go home, to be bound to some other rube.

Two down.

Likely dozens to go.

Inwardly groaning, Rachel slipped through the foyer of the tower, avoiding as many of the security cameras as possible, crouching here, hugging the wall there. On her return trip she'd hopefully be hauling a Familiar, she'd have to do this part first - it wouldn't be feasible to do more than a simple erase and fuzz since setting up a believable loop would take too much time.  She didn’t know every nook and cranny of this building, but she had studied the blueprint just in case.

The security guy was a lazy S.O.B. - wasn't even watching the feeds or he'd have seen the takedown and subsequent stashing of the goon in the bushes and deepest shadows. In fact, when she peered around the corner, he appeared to be intensely interested in his phone. Fabulous. Easing the door open, Rachel deeply breathed in and out half a dozen times before entering. 

Security booths like this were usually wired to detect breath - two people breathing in a place where there was only supposed to be one, and all hell would break loose. Snapping the lazy guard's neck took a few seconds longer than she'd anticipated - asshole was huge, fucking Winchesters and their Trolls - and her head pounded from the effort. Even with a snapped neck he'd still be expelling air for long enough as his body relaxed and gases began to escape, so she had to keep holding hers. 

She began her work at his terminal - subtlety was off the table now.  System-wide erase, use a few drops of the guard's blood as a failsafe, take the current cameras offline and fuzz the ones she couldn't. It was far from perfect and there were too many chances for something to fuck up, but it was the best she could do in such a short period of time.

Now, to gum up the works. Slow down the elevators to a crawl. Lock all the fire doors except the ones on the level that led to the penthouse and here on the main floor.  The private penthouse elevator alone would work normally. Yeah, it'd have to do. She studied the schematics on the screen for a few moments longer, even as her vision began to blur from holding her breath.  She memorized all of the quick, safe-ish exits, even the laundry chutes.

Got it. 

This was not how she'd been expecting to spend her night, but Rachel was nothing if not adaptable. Quietly thanking her burned away fingertips for the hundredth time, Rachel glanced quickly around the control room. Her hair was still back and netted beneath her hat, she wasn't bleeding or sweating or breathing - no DNA for the Witches to get their hands on. Excellent. Swiping the guard's keycard and taking another few drops of his blood in the vial she stashed for emergencies, she rushed for the emergency stairs, sucking in gulps of oxygen the moment she was free of the security office.

Aurora had been trying to shake a bad feeling all night.  There was no reason for it, no logical reason - she wasn't even supposed to be here tonight, she was just filling in for Elena, the Underboss.  Aurora was just a Lieutenant, after all.  She paced the floor of the ritual room, trying to puzzle out what it might be.

"How may I serve you, Owner?" her Familiar whispered as she passed the girl for the sixth time in the past ten minutes.  Her pacing was clearly upsetting her pet - Aurora had a bit of a dark secret in the Winchester coven... she actually loved her Familiar.  It was stupid, the girl was little more than a shell, she had been hollowed out for over a year.  Her pet, her little Mia - no one knew that she still called her Familiar by her original name from time to time, not that the girl remembered anything of who she was before.

She stopped and stroked the girl's soft brown hair.  Her pet brushed that hair a thousand gentle strokes each night before bed.  Aurora loved her pet's hair.  The small creature - a natural born Little - was only 4'1", tiny in comparison to her own long and lithe 7'4".  The girl barely came to her waist and looked positively adorable in her cream gown, festooned with lace and bows.

Things had felt a little easier since the rumors had started - that the White Witch had actually taken a Familiar of her own after decades of deriding those who chose to keep one... no one had seen the girl, no one knew anything about her.  No one knew if she had gotten a natural born Little, or a transformed human, or even one of the exotic imports.  Aurora's money was on an import - an ishim if she had to guess, the White Witch loved her monochrome aesthetic and the snow white skin and platinum hair that an ishim sported would look great on her boss' arm.

Aurora leaned down and extended one arm, her pet immediately obeying the unspoken command and clambering to her feet, climbing into that open arm so she could be lifted and cuddled.  Mia purred softly, laying her head on Aurora's arm.

Surely I'm not the only one who loves my Familiar, Aurora told herself as she supported the small creature with one arm under her diaper.  The Familiar's soft breath, her fluttering heart, the way her lips parted with the desire to please her Owner... How could anyone not love this?

She kissed Mia's forehead gently.

"I have a bad feeling, my little Mia," Aurora whispered.

"Did I do bad?" her Familiar asked, the purr ceasing and her breathing quickening, her heart pounded.  The poor thing couldn't bear the thought of displeasing her Owner.

"No darling," Aurora smiled, soothing her pet.  "You are such a good girl."

The soft purr returned immediately, a rumble deep within the Little's chest - she had no idea why Familiar Littles, especially the naturals, did that - but she wasn't going to complain, either.  Mia visibly relaxed, her breathing slowing and her diaper growing warm.  She had scared the silly thing so much with a few simple words.

"I have a bad feeling," the whispered words floated on the wind, Bianca's voice, one of the three Witches under her tonight.

That was all it took.  Aurora having an inexplicable bad feeling was one thing, but both she and Bianca having that same sensation?  That was no coincidence.

Deciding to tap Mia's well of mana rather than her own - that was technically what the girl was for, after all - she began her reply.  She pressed a sharp nail to her pet's jawline, right where the neck met the jaw, sliding her talon into the girl's flesh, feeling a drop of warm blood trickle down her thumb.  Mia closed her eyes and waited.

Such a good girl, Aurora smiled warmly as she touched the girl's soul, weaving her words onto the wind to the other three.

"Something is wrong.  Bianca, head for the first floor, check the entrance.  Nicole, I want you scrying the building - I want to know if anything is out of place.  Serena, I want you posted outside the White Witch's private elevator.  Now."

The wind gusted from the room, carrying her words to her underlings.  She pulled Mia to her chest and lifted her, sliding her thumbnail out of the girl's throat as her claw returned to its normal, immaculately manicured state.  She licked the wound, her tongue lingering and a soft moan coming from her pet's lips.

"Shh," Aurora laughed softly.  "It's not time for that, you silly thing."

"I live to please you," her pet promised.

"I know, pet.  I know.  Relax, hopefully I won't have need of you again tonight, but I'm going to keep you close, just in case.  Something doesn't feel right tonight."

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

We've got 4 dead oppressors in 2 chapters... is this your favorite story yet, Ashley?

I'm definitely having fun :D

Although "Making the Best of It" remains my personal favorite. There was something about that one. I think it was April's willingness to put her position and physical safety on the line that made her more than just another amazon.

It's exciting so far.  What is not exciting of course is waiting for the next chapter.  But, I have no complaints.  I feel we are lucky you are sharing this with us.

17 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

I'm definitely having fun :D

Although "Making the Best of It" remains my personal favorite. There was something about that one. I think it was April's willingness to put her position and physical safety on the line that made her more than just another amazon.

That one was pretty special - you'll have to let me know if we surpass it.

6 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

It's exciting so far.  What is not exciting of course is waiting for the next chapter.  But, I have no complaints.  I feel we are lucky you are sharing this with us.

Yeah, waiting is no fun... but if I give it all out at once, there will be a big wait, and it's much more fun to discuss it chapter by chapter!  When I did the 6 chapter dump of BtG, NOBODY TALKED ABOUT IT.  And a lot of stuff happened in those 6.

4 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

So humans gain access to magic power by binding their souls to those of magical creatures?

Are you sure you didn't rip off Angel Hunter? :P

Sorry Trip, still haven't read Angel Hunter.

Are you sure you didn't rip off In Nomine?

5 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

Sorry Trip, still haven't read Angel Hunter.

Are you sure you didn't rip off In Nomine?

Never heard of it. But since this concept of soul binding is so interesting to me I'd probably like it. :)

3 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Never heard of it. But since this concept of soul binding is so interesting to me I'd probably like it. :)

In Nomine was a 1990s tabletop RPG by Steve Jackson Games, where the players were either Angels or Demons inhabiting human bodies and working toward the goals of Heaven™ or Hell™.  They used a lot of research into Abrahamic mythologies and represented several choirs of angels and several "bands" of demons, giving interesting descriptions of multiple Archangels and Demon Princes.

However.

While In Nomine is definitely an influence on this story (I really enjoyed that game and was disappointed when Demon: the Fallen from White Wolf Games came out because it wasn't as rich), my Other Place isn't delineated into a "good" place and a "bad" place, it's another world where an eternal war is going on between factions that are not easily killed.  Imps, Trolls, Demons, and other things await in the Other Place and a human ride is a great break from eternal conflict.

But we'll learn more about that as the story goes on :)

34 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

In Nomine was a 1990s tabletop RPG by Steve Jackson Games, where the players were either Angels or Demons inhabiting human bodies and working toward the goals of Heaven™ or Hell™.  They used a lot of research into Abrahamic mythologies and represented several choirs of angels and several "bands" of demons, giving interesting descriptions of multiple Archangels and Demon Princes.

However.

While  is definitely an influence on this story (I really enjoyed that game and was disappointed when Demon: the Fallen from White Wolf Games came out because it wasn't as rich), my Other Place isn't delineated into a "good" place and a "bad" place, it's another world where an eternal war is going on between factions that are not easily killed.  Imps, Trolls, Demons, and other things await in the Other Place and a human ride is a great break from eternal conflict.

But we'll learn more about that as the story goes on :)

That's a really interesting take.

Also somebody else has heard of "In Nomine"? (fist bump?)

3 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

That's a really interesting take.

Also somebody else has heard of "In Nomine"? (fist bump?)

I'm a huuuuuuuge nerd.  I read comic books, I play tabletop RPGs, I play video games, I watch anime, I read sci-fi and fantasy novels, I used to listen to Dr. Demento, I've gone to "Weird Al" concerts... I've played many relatively obscure RPGs and I'm always happy to discuss anything nerd-related.

If you've played In Nomine, you're probably a nerd :P

SJGames hasn't been "top shelf" in a long time.  I never liked GURPS though.

23 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

I'm a huuuuuuuge nerd.  I read comic books, I play tabletop RPGs, I play video games, I watch anime, I read sci-fi and fantasy novels, I used to listen to Dr. Demento, I've gone to "Weird Al" concerts... I've played many relatively obscure RPGs and I'm always happy to discuss anything nerd-related.

If you've played In Nomine, you're probably a nerd :P

SJGames hasn't been "top shelf" in a long time.  I never liked GURPS though.

GURPS is a pain in the ass to use and I feel like it lacks a lot of the flavor in other games. But I really like the amount of stuff you can do with it which is why I tend to use it as a modding tool kit for other games. Which admittedly comes with it's own set of headaches. I especially like armor as damage reduction and hit locations because I feel like it gives martial characters more to do besides "roll X to hit".

16 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

GURPS is a pain in the ass to use and I feel like it lacks a lot of the flavor in other games. But I really like the amount of stuff you can do with it which is why I tend to use it as a modding tool kit for other games. Which admittedly comes with it's own set of headaches. I especially like armor as damage reduction and hit locations because I feel like it gives martial characters more to do besides "roll X to hit".

But did you ever try HERO 6th Edition?  It still uses active rolls for defense and a THAC0-like system (OCV vs DCV) - and the character creation is one hardback volume while the game rules are in another hardback volume.

It's intense, and I regret purchasing it.  I've played it all of like 3 sessions and I've never successfully run it because my players' eyes glaze over during character creation.

Uncharted Worlds is my favorite system right now, that thing is fantastic.