LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I could use a little advice

I had a traumatic childhood, ever since I was 8 I wanted to wear diapers. I was in foster care in Detroit in mostly group homes, all I could think about was wearing. 

I once found fiberglass insulation in the basement of the group home and stuffed it in my pants because it looked like it was soft enough to mimic a diaper. I was alone then doing a chore. 

The first time I got to wear it felt like it melted all of the pain of the neglect and lonliness, it felt like I met my real mother for the first time. (Dad devorced her after she shook me violently as a baby) 

He remarried to my step mother who hated my guts and convinced my. Dad to leave me at the Developmental  disability summer camp, CPS forced my dad to pick me up and drop me off at a children's shelter. I was 10.

Now that I'm out on my own, I try to always keep diapers  around. I want to wear them 24/7  but I loose interest too fast. I still want 24/7 but the smell and the fact that my apartment is in a house that is 3 years older than this country (no joke the house was built in 1774) there is only a tub no shower. My landlord said it would be way too much trouble to ask the iowa historical society to mod it. 

I like to wear semi full bulky diapers, tight around the waist, I like the feeling of the padding moving with my lover back. 

I am very low income (SSI because of my mild autism and retardation from shaken baby syndrome) I can't afford to buy diapers when I want them. Also I like diapers with Barney  on them. 

Does anyone have advice on how to keep my interest up, and any other item I mentioned. Thank you in advance.

First welcome to DD and I hope you find some happiness and friends here :thumbsup:

You can get handheld showers which slip onto the faucet, and they are not expensive at all. That might help with part of your problems. Thrift stores can be a good place to find diapers on the cheap, but that varies a lot so you'll just have to check locally and see what you can find. You could also get cheap store brand diapers and stuff them with baby diapers if adult sizes can't be found in your price range locally. They do make decorated packing tape though I don't know if Barney is available on them- that could also be an option for you. When you can't get exactly what you want, there's usually some way of getting something like it which will do OK. It just takes effort, persistence, and keeping an open mind about the possibilities. 

I'm not exactly poor right now but I have been I the past. I lived on whatever I could find that would serve the needs I had. I learned where the cheapest prices for anything was at. I watched the"free" section of Craigslist like a hawk and joined the local Freecycle group. I've sourced free diapers and a whole lot more there. Also watch the "Health and Beauty" section of CL for bargain diapers. At least half of the home furnishings I have now cost me nothing. It took a while to get it all, and most of it has been upgraded as better things came along but the point is that you too can get through life on almost nothing if you have to, and often you can do pretty well this way. No begging needed, just keep your eyes and mind open to everything that can help you along in life and be ready to grab what you need before someone else comes along and gets it instead. 

Hope at least some of my suggestions can do you some good!

Bettypooh

Hi and welcome to DD PamperDude. Nice to meet you, and good to have you here with us. Come in, and join us. I see you already have some advice. This is a great place for it. You’ve had a wild childhood, it sounds like. I wish it would have been better for you, but that was so out of your hands. Your current situation, may not be the best, but at least you can make your own decisions on things. 

I wonder what your landlord, and the Historical Society would say, if George Washington wanted to sleep there now? I bet they’d fix it right up! On that note, may I sagest you talk to your landlord, and ask, if you could inquire to the Iowa Historical Society yourself, on their behalf. Maybe if you do the “troublesome” stuff for your landlord, they would agree to try and get the needed modifications. 

Well just a thought, and again, welcome, hope you can have some fun, and enjoy it here!  

I am afraid that my disabilities are far too severe at this time to do really anything productive other than trying  to get better. I have been to a hospital a total of 8 times in the past 6 years for mental health disorders. And on 5 of those times I was actually put on a "96 hour hold". Meaning that I got to stay in crazy ville for a least 4 days. (96 hours) I ended up leaving those places more f**ked up than I came in. Any job I got after never lasted more than two weeks.

I understand what you went through lil fox scotty 91. My first stay in a crazy farm was when i was barely out of diapers the first time. I have been  to many of them. 91 is an interesting number to have, I was born February 8th of 1991. And my first name is scott. Wow. That is cool.

I appreciate your response dark Finn, believe it or not I do work for some of the things that I have. I am applying for a program called ticket to work. Without this program I am not allowed to work over 12 hours a week. Because of the government benefits I get, plus I have full coverage health insurance through the feds. 

If I start a job on top of the gig I work now, they will cut me off of everything too fast. I will have to start out from Square one at a homeless shelter. I am making strides, but i have to take, well baby steps. 

Don't worry about the people who think they know your life and what's going on it better than you do, PamperDude.

Not everyone realises that different people have different obstacles and not everyone can just "get a job". To butcher a quote from Charlie from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: "I'll just put my job hat on and strap myself into the job cannon!"

Take the path that's right for you and hopefully you'll get where you need to go :)

PamperDude, my advice would be to listen to your body. Don't force yourself to wear if you're not in the mood. I used to work as a CNA (the long and short of it is that I changed diapers) and one thing to be careful of when wearing is the condition of your skin. 

As far as finding a good job, you need to try to educate yourself. If you have a computer you have access to youtube and other sites where you can get tutorials and explanations for certain topics. Find something you're passionate about and try to learn the trade. It would help if you researched the job market before choosing, but make sure you get a job you don't hate. Google is your best friend. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

It won't be easy and will require discipline, but if you want it bad enough it's certainly doable. When you research positions that you want, also research what sort of qualifications that you need (most places want experience, but some also require certifications) and it couldn't hurt to know what skills and qualifications that your competition has. Another big thing is that you need good communication, which doesn't come naturally to some people, but if you work on it you'll improve. Make the internet your tool and you can go far.

• 1 month later...