LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Something change with SFA recently?

Did something change in the IRS SFA/HSA account mandates recently to allow reusable items? I have been incontinent for 23 years now and originally I started out with an SFA (Self Funded Administrator account, money taken out of your paycheck pre tax so falls under IRS stipulations) and I know for a fact back then that you could only purchase disposable items with it. If I wanted plastic pants or anything else like that I had to use my regular paycheck to get it which means not very often.. I have had an HSA (Health spending account, basically follows the same rules as an SFA) for a number of years now so haven't looked at the mandates in a number of years. I just happened to look at fsastore.com and happened to see salk products listed on it and was surprised to see it.

Diaper service has always been covered as well reusables as long as they were to treat a medical condition or disease.     Some of your plan administrators might have put such a restriction on it, but it wasn't a tax law issue.

Insurance companies don’t like to cover incontinence products from my research. If it can be resolved by a pill or a surgery they would rather pay that than for diapers. Mind you that this is from what I have seen and come across. For information regarding your insurance you can always request information about specific coverage. As for the Health Savings Account or whatever they want to call it now that can be used for almost anything that pertains to health with or without a prescription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What insurance covers or not is distinct from what is a legal medical deduction on taxes (and what is legally allowable on HSA/FSAs which follow the same tax code).