LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How did you family react?

How did you family react to finding out that your ab/dl?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How did you family react to finding out that your ab/dl?

• Kicked you out of the house.
    • Called you some not very nice things.
    • Told everyone you kenw.
    • Forced you to see a shrink.
    • Took you to a priest.
    • Threw out all your stuff.
    • Said, "leave me out of this".
    • Was supportive.
    • Never got caught.
    • Other.

I told my wife while we were dating, that's it.

I see no reason to tell any of the rest of my family.  I don't ask them about their bathroom or bedroom activities, I'm not telling them about mine.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

I was taken to a shink, they called me bad names, they threw all my diapers out, they called the police out to the house, and they threatened to send me to a halfway house. Seriously f**k them.

I didn't come out, they snooped in my room and found something that they wish they didn't find.

My family knows and it is no big deal. I’ve been wearing since the age of three maybe four years old, I guess they do not know any better. Just make no big deal out of it for it isn’t.

9 hours ago, dyperbole said:

I see no reason to tell any of the rest of my family.  I don't ask them about their bathroom or bedroom activities, I'm not telling them about mine.

100% agree!  I sometimes see younger people in their late teens and early 20's here asking how to tell their friends and parents that they like to wear diapers.  WTF?  Why?  Do they think their parents will change their diapers again?  Do they feel they will then be able to openly wear diapers in front of their parents?  What do they hope to gain by telling their family that they like to wear diapers?  If they have a medical issue, then if they live at home I would expect their parents to already know about their issues.  If they live on their own and have issues requiring them to wear diapers, i can only see a need to tell people if you stay at their house overnight or close family you see all the time who will eventually find out or need to know for some reason. Just being an AB or DL?  Keep your mouth shut!  You have much more to lose by telling than you have to gain.

8 hours ago, Lil Fox Scotty 91 said:

I didn't come out, they snooped in my room and found something that they wish they didn't find.

That's what all parents do.  When you live in their house, no matter what age you are your parents will snoop.  You can try and hide stuff to the best of your abilities but chances are they will find it anyway.  Even if you keep it in a locked trunk or suitcase in your closet or under your bed, they will ask what is locked up in the trunk and possibly make you open it if they can't pick the lock themselves.  About your only option is to build a false wall behind your closet when they are gone for the weekend that is completely disguised so no one could possibly come across it unless they knew the secret on how to open it, like a Chinese puzzle box.  No matter how well you think it's hidden, your parents will find it!

Of my family the only one that knows i wear diapers is my mom. When i told her, i was visiting for Thanksgiving and i needed a place to dispose of my used diapers so i just straight up asked her if she could set up a garbage can in my room for my diapers. She really didn't have much of a reaction, a bit of surprise a question or two and then moving on after a "you do what makes you happy." I think she might of already known or maybe remembered the multiple occasions where she found my diapers when i still lived with her. It's not even mentioned between us anymore unless maybe i have a bit of a wardrobe malfunction and my diaper's exposed she'll let me know "you're showing." My mom's a pretty accepting person though, after i came out as gay she was always supportive too, always trying to set me up with one of her friend's daughters. :roflmao: 

• 3 weeks later...

When i was still living at home i eventually told my mom that i sometimes liked to wear a diaper mostly so that if she ever noticed it she didnt think there was anything wrong. And she was oke with it and hasnt really said anything about it.

When they first found out my parents were confused not knowing what was going on or understanding why I was doing it.  My mom finally told me that she didn't didn't like what I was doing, but told me it was up to me, what I did.  At the time, I made the decision to just throw everything away, but that decision haunted me, and eventually continued enjoying diapers.

Mom tried to shame me out of it but then would act supportive about it at times. She wanted nothing to do with it either. 

On 8/31/2018 at 5:51 PM, horrorfan said:

Mine kind of found out by accident. We have the understanding that they don't want to know and I respectfully don't wear or bring up the subject around them.

Sounds like a good strategy to me.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:10 PM, dyperbole said:

totally agree! they have no reason to know mine, and i have no reason to know their's. the only person that knows is my g/f, and she is welcoming and accepting about it. other than her, i really have no real desire to ever tell anyone. 

• 2 weeks later...

I came out to my family because it's a part of who I am, just like being asexual is, and I don't want to hide who I am from them.

My Dad and brother were completely supportive and we even joke about it now. My Mom is squicked out by the very thought, so she wants me to just leave her out of it. Which is not always easy for me, but I try not to mention it around her.

I really hate when people imply that it's somehow disgusting or inappropriate to be honest about your kinks with your family. If you're more comfortable keeping it private, that's great, but don't judge others for choosing differently.

• 2 years later...