LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

alfieboi

Question

hi! hi!

I just passed my driving test and can finally get somewhere no-one will recognise me to buy nappies, I was looking at buying drynites over here in the UK and wanted to know a few things. A) whats the best way of getting over the nerves of buying nappies and b) how well do you think drynites will fit me? (im 5'6 and weigh about 8st with a 26" waist)

thankies

8 answers to this question

For me cigarettes helped me get up the nerve the first few times here in the U.S. walmarts are open 24/7 so I went late at night as for the UK I don't know what is open when and I'm 6ft and weight 220 so I never tried drynites so you might want to look at disspossable diaper reviews in the main menu for the answer to question B best of luck finding your nappies 

21 hours ago, alfieboi said:

hi! hi!

I just passed my driving test and can finally get somewhere no-one will recognise me to buy nappies, I was looking at buying drynites over here in the UK and wanted to know a few things. A) whats the best way of getting over the nerves of buying nappies and b) how well do you think drynites will fit me? (im 5'6 and weigh about 8st with a 26" waist)

thankies

To answer the second question first, they'll fit fine.

There is no best way,   you are going to be nervous.  At your age, because you haven't had much experience of buying to draw on. you can't expect to act naturally.  Don't try to smile or chat and certainly don't try to offer any form of explanation. 

If the assistant says hello, just say Hi, and as the nappies are scanned, pull the bag out of your pocket that you are going to carry them away in, with a £20 note in the bottom so that you don't have to fumble for the money, and he/she will be too preoccupied with the change to think about the nappies again.  Don't forget to say thank you when you get the change and they will think "what a nice young man", not "why is he buying nappies" 

On the plus side,  nobody is going expect you to be an ABDL;   to them, if they even bother to stop and think about it, at the worst,  you are unfortunate enough to need nappies,  but much more likely, you are just somebody buying something.

Don't try putting them in among some other bits of shopping,  it would be more natural if you bought 2 or maybe even 3 packs that you have been sent shopping to get.

The most important thing is to not act nervous when you buy your diapers.  Simply act as if they are an everyday item that you need and not want.  If you act nervous then it may draw attention to yourself.  I go into many medical supply stores and although many sales associates seem surprised I am in diapers I always am confident and generally know a lot more about diapers than they do.  My confidence makes for a much less awkward transaction for sure.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:23 PM, alfieboi said:

hi! hi!

thankies

Here is what I have posted in other threads about buying diapers in person at a store.

Before leaving home, take an envelope and put money in it.  Also write the brand name and size of whatever adult diaper (or nappy) you are planning on getting on a small piece of paper and put it in your pocket.  Place that envelope with the money in your pocket as well.  When you get to the store, perhaps a small pharmacy or what you Brits call a chemist, take a shopping cart and put things you may need for yourself inside of it, such as batteries, candy, deodorant, magazine, whatever.  Then go to where the adult nappies are and take the note you wrote out of your pocket.  Look at the note, pretend to look over the shelves with the nappies until you find what you want to buy.  Place them in your cart and go check out.

At the register, place all the other items up first and once they are rung up, pay with money from your wallet.  Then put the diapers up and ask that they be rung up separatly.  Pull out the envelope with the money in it and pay for them with that money.  Make sure you put any change back in the envelope and a nice touch is to ask for the receipt and place it in the envelope as well.  Put the envelope with the change back in your pocket.  Anyone will think you are running an errand for an elderly relative.

Like others have said, no one will care what you are buying, especially store clerks.  They see people buying diapers, Kotex, condoms, yeast infection creams, all kinds of stuff.  They don't care.  All they are thinking of is getting on to the next customer so they can go on break or to lunch.   If at a store where no one will recognize you anyway, what do you care if a stranger you might never see again sees you buying adult diapers?  You don't know them, they don't know you and they have no idea who the diapers are for anyway.  Even if they knew you were buying them for yourself, they are a stranger to you so what does it matter? 

It's natural to be nervous at first when buying diapers and nappies.  Eventually the more you do it the easier it will be.  The main thing is confidence!  Do not act nervous.  Don't keep looking around to see who's watching.  Don't spend an hour walking around the store waiting for the opportunity when there aren't as many people.  Normal people don't act that way and it will only draw attention to you.  You are in command!  You own the situation!  Just go in, get your stuff as quickly as you casually can and pay for it, then leave!  Get it done and over with.  Believe me, this works for people who are nervous and scared to buy diapers in person.

By the way, if you are still living with your parents, remember that parents will snoop when you are not home.  Have a very safe and secure hiding place for your nappies!  I mean really safe and secure!  No matter how well you think you have them hidden, your parents will find them!

I used to write down what I wanted and asked an employee, as if I was getting them for someone else,,,

or you could buy female IC pants, staff would assume they are for someone else, nobody is that bothered anyway, easy for me to say at my age when I've given up caring what others think, I would have been nerve wracked at 18, so you're doing really well!

I used to buy mine at the drug store depends mostly. I was so scared at first but as time went on it got easier to do. Now I buy them on line and get them shipped to my house.

On 8/5/2018 at 7:53 AM, rusty pins said:

Here is what I have posted in other threads about buying diapers in person at a store.

Before leaving home, take an envelope and put money in it.  Also write the brand name and size of whatever adult diaper (or nappy) you are planning on getting on a small piece of paper and put it in your pocket.  Place that envelope with the money in your pocket as well.  When you get to the store, perhaps a small pharmacy or what you Brits call a chemist, take a shopping cart and put things you may need for yourself inside of it, such as batteries, candy, deodorant, magazine, whatever.  Then go to where the adult nappies are and take the note you wrote out of your pocket.  Look at the note, pretend to look over the shelves with the nappies until you find what you want to buy.  Place them in your cart and go check out.

At the register, place all the other items up first and once they are rung up, pay with money from your wallet.  Then put the diapers up and ask that they be rung up separatly.  Pull out the envelope with the money in it and pay for them with that money.  Make sure you put any change back in the envelope and a nice touch is to ask for the receipt and place it in the envelope as well.  Put the envelope with the change back in your pocket.  Anyone will think you are running an errand for an elderly relative.

Like others have said, no one will care what you are buying, especially store clerks.  They see people buying diapers, Kotex, condoms, yeast infection creams, all kinds of stuff.  They don't care.  All they are thinking of is getting on to the next customer so they can go on break or to lunch.   If at a store where no one will recognize you anyway, what do you care if a stranger you might never see again sees you buying adult diapers?  You don't know them, they don't know you and they have no idea who the diapers are for anyway.  Even if they knew you were buying them for yourself, they are a stranger to you so what does it matter? 

It's natural to be nervous at first when buying diapers and nappies.  Eventually the more you do it the easier it will be.  The main thing is confidence!  Do not act nervous.  Don't keep looking around to see who's watching.  Don't spend an hour walking around the store waiting for the opportunity when there aren't as many people.  Normal people don't act that way and it will only draw attention to you.  You are in command!  You own the situation!  Just go in, get your stuff as quickly as you casually can and pay for it, then leave!  Get it done and over with.  Believe me, this works for people who are nervous and scared to buy diapers in person.

By the way, if you are still living with your parents, remember that parents will snoop when you are not home.  Have a very safe and secure hiding place for your nappies!  I mean really safe and secure!  No matter how well you think you have them hidden, your parents will find them!

Sounds like a great way to call attention to yourself. I used to just make a joke about them, usually rubber panties, being for me after having a tragic accident which I describe in some detail that was hilarious and not very likely to be true. But who cared? Everyone was busy laughing. If you cannot hide it; flaunt it. That hides it in plain sight