LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

bedwetters do you

can you sleep in a wet bed? I cant I change as soon as I have a wet bed.If you can how long have you let your bed sheets stay wet
It's never a good idea to sleep in a wet bed anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Years ago as a young adult I often slept in a wet bed, never changed bed or bedding during the night.  At that time, unless doing laundry the following day (generally once a week), I simply left the bed open to dry during the day and slept in it the following night often rewetting.  Now married, a bit more civilized and sleeping in diapers the bed gets only slightly wet some nights, not a big deal.

No doubt my ability as well as wiliness to sleep in a wet bed goes back to mom giving me no choice.  Truth of the matter, after mom laid down the law sleeping wet became the norm, didn’t bother me in the least.  A part of me even enjoyed it and here we are today.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, WBxx said:

Years ago as a young adult I often slept in a wet bed, never changed bed or bedding during the night.  At that time, unless doing laundry the following day (generally once a week), I simply left the bed open to dry during the day and slept in it the following night often rewetting.  Now married, a bit more civilized and sleeping in diapers the bed gets only slightly wet some nights, not a big deal.

No doubt my ability as well as wiliness to sleep in a wet bed goes back to mom giving me no choice.  Truth of the matter, after mom laid down the law sleeping wet became the norm, didn’t bother me in the least.  A part of me even enjoyed it and here we are today.

my Mother's favourite saying was You've wet your bed so lay in it"

• Like 2
On 8/2/2018 at 3:24 PM, WBxx said:

There is an old tale, told by wives, that  "You'll get Rheumatism if you sleep in a damp bed".

This has been peer reviewed by some old wives, who tell the same tale.

My wife and I never yelled at the kids for wetting.

My girl friend has told me at times all 4 of her kids wet the bed too 13 14 2 never stopped she sad they all ways had cloth diapers too keep beds dry 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always wet my bed and I've never liked waking up in a puddle of ice cold pee. As much as I hated\loved diapers while growing up I remember telling my mother that my diapers should NEVER leak. And I have to credit her because my diapers were as close to leak-proof as you could get in the early 1950's.

I still hate wet beds as much as I hate wet pants or furniture. I still prefer cloth flat diapers for day and night use.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, skizics said:

I've always wet my bed and I've never liked waking up in a puddle of ice cold pee. As much as I hated\loved diapers while growing up I remember telling my mother that my diapers should NEVER leak. And I have to credit her because my diapers were as close to leak-proof as you could get in the early 1950's.

I still hate wet beds as much as I hate wet pants or furniture. I still prefer cloth flat diapers for day and night use.

You were fortunate.  When I wet the bed mom had zero concern for my comfort, more the opposite making me lay in it till morning.

When I wet the bed as a child, foster homes I was in would either chastise me horribly, or make me lay in it. One home I was in, my foster mother made me lay in my own urine naked all night and most of the next day to try to teach me a lesson. I would get horrible rash from laying in it.

You were fortunate.  When I wet the bed mom had zero concern for my comfort, more the opposite making me lay in it till morning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

I don't generally wake up until morning if my bed gets wet.  If I happen to wake up in middle of night, I will throw down a towel or something.  With that said I have no problem going back to sleep in a wet diaper and plastic pants and generally won't change until morning.

If my diaper leaks and the bed get wet I have to get up and change it straight away. My diapers don’t leak often which my husband is very great full for as he hates waking up in the middle of the night.

On 8/18/2018 at 3:24 PM, WBxx said:

Same here.

16 hours ago, iampadded said:

I don't generally wake up until morning if my bed gets wet.  If I happen to wake up in middle of night, I will throw down a towel or something.  With that said I have no problem going back to sleep in a wet diaper and plastic pants and generally won't change until morning.

A wet bed doesn't bother me. I sleep in it until morning. One thing that helps is flanelette sheets they stay warm even when wet.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Newbee said:

If my diaper leaks and the bed get wet I have to get up and change it straight away. My diapers don’t leak often which my husband is very great full for as he hates waking up in the middle of the night.

One tip to ease changing in the middle of the night is to cut an old sheet down so it covers the protection mat on top of your main sheet and mattress protector then if you do have to change in the middle of the night its likely to be just the half sheet and first protector that you have to change which only a takes a couple of minutes, especially if you have them spare beside the bed.

11 hours ago, stevewet said:

A wet bed doesn't bother me. I sleep in it until morning. One thing that helps is flanelette sheets they stay warm even when wet.

I hardly ever wake up during the night. One thing about flannel sheets is that they absorb more than linen sheets. But having a good absorbing pad is a big help. If you don't use one on top of a rubber sheet or plastic or vinyl mattress cover you end up waking up in a lake of pee. I remember visiting my grandmothers when we were growing up and my older bedwetter brother and I had to sleep in the same bed with a mattress cover but no absorbing pad. We sloshed around when we woke up in the morning. Its difficult to be comfortable like that. 

8 hours ago, waynecook52 said:

As I have been reading these post I have been woundering something.How many of you had rubber sheets on your beds?I have not anyone say anything about a rubber sheet.

I think a rubber sheet would be very sweaty, having worn rubber in the past I would not like to sleep on it full-time, however my mattress protector is rubber backed. On top of that I put a standard sheet, then a disposable bed mat, then the cut down sheet that I refer to earlier in this thread and I wear a Tena heavy dual incontinence disposable diaper and plastic pants. 

15 hours ago, waynecook52 said:

As I have been reading these post I have been woundering something.How many of you had rubber sheets on your beds?I have not anyone say anything about a rubber sheet.

Oh yes ... rubber sheets!  Back in my bed-wetting youth (1950’s) mom made up my bed with a rubber sheet.  It covered my single bed mattress side to side extending within inches of the ends.    Crawling into, or for that matter just sitting on my bed, the feel and aroma of the rubber sheet below was unmistakable.  To put it mildly, I was fond of the sheet.

Why do you ask, do/did you have a rubber sheet on your bed?

9 hours ago, WBxx said:

Oh yes ... rubber sheets!  Back in my bed-wetting youth (1950’s) mom made up my bed with a rubber sheet.  It covered my single bed mattress side to side extending within inches of the ends.    Crawling into, or for that matter just sitting on my bed, the feel and aroma of the rubber sheet below was unmistakable.  To put it mildly, I was fond of the sheet.

Why do you ask, do/did you have a rubber sheet on your bed?

Oh ya,covered the bed

16 hours ago, DaveeBEd said:

I think a rubber sheet would be very sweaty, having worn rubber in the past I would not like to sleep on it full-time, however my mattress protector is rubber backed. On top of that I put a standard sheet, then a disposable bed mat, then the cut down sheet that I refer to earlier in this thread and I wear a Tena heavy dual incontinence disposable diaper and plastic pants. 

Well I never sweated.Of corse if I hand not had a sheet on it I might have.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 9:46 AM, stevewet said:

I have no problem sleeping in a wet bed and never get up once it is wet. Unless it is soaked I just let the bed air and sleep in it again the next night.

I know exactly what you mean. I love sleeping in a bed smelling of weewee

• Like 3

Things were different when I was a kid. I you were a bedwetter you just had to grin and bear it. Most of the kids I new growing up were the same you pee'd your bed you stayed in it until morning. Some of their mothers were like mine and often refused to change the bed every day. Now most parents would be horrified at this and call it child abuse.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, stevewet said:

Things were different when I was a kid. I you were a bedwetter you just had to grin and bear it. Most of the kids I new growing up were the same you pee'd your bed you stayed in it until morning. Some of their mothers were like mine and often refused to change the bed every day. Now most parents would be horrified at this and call it child abuse.

Yes, things were very different.   And you know, I never resented staying in my wet bed till mom said I could get up in the morning.  Yes, there were times I had to sleep in my still damp and odorous bed the following night.  Heck, in frustration I was even spanked for wetting the bed.  At the time it all seemed reasonable to me.

• Like 1